Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442773 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by thiagoteres(m): 8:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
gaskinachi:
Hi guys,I have a somewhat bizzare story but I promise this is true and not in anyway is this person trying to beat d system. so my cousin who got a 6 month visa to the Uk for his plab2 exam,hailed a cab from Manchester bus station to his hotel,when he got out to pick his box from d trunk.the driver zoomed off with his school credentials,international passport etc(he still doesn’t know if it was intentional).he has done his exam yesterday but needs a valid passport and visa to verify is it possible for a new passport and visa to be issued to him while in the Uk? Please before anyone suggests he has overstayed or anything I’m attaching a photo of his visa it’s still very valid he is just in an unlucky situation,he didn’t use uber or any ride hailing app so no way to trace via that.he has reported to the police already they gave him a crime ref number but they advised he get the passport and visa back. So I’m asking if anyone knows the possibility of one being reissued a stolen passport and it’s visa while in d Uk still.thanks

I think he also needs to inform home office and Nigerian embassy.
Renewal can be done in a day but not certain of it's same procedure for replacement of lost passport.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by norriswood(m): 10:10pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hello.. Just wise.. Really need ur assistance on this.. I want to apply 4 visa for wife and my son.. 2yrs plus... My issue is that we did only traditional wedding, we haven't gone for registry.. She has got a new passport in my name, she's working am also working, what are the necessary documents to present.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone, I need your assistance.
I’m currently not employed but I do minor jobs which they pay me in cash most times, I get an average of 20 to 30k per week. I have a fiancé who is a citizen in the uk who is inviting me to come over for a month holiday early next year, he’s a citizen and he’s also the sponsor. hope I won’t have issues on my part because I don’t have huge account balance and av never been out of Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 11:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
norriswood:
Hello.. Just wise.. Really need ur assistance on this.. I want to apply 4 visa for wife and my son.. 2yrs plus... My issue is that we did only traditional wedding, we haven't gone for registry.. She has got a new passport in my name, she's working am also working, what are the necessary documents to present.

You don't need to have done a register wedding. The UK govt recognise customary marriage (trad wedding) and the good thing is you have a child to proof this.

Use your child's birth certificate (that has you both names on it as parents) and pictures of your trad marriage in your application and explain that you married traditionally.

Note: most British people don't get married sef. They have partners (similar to what you have) and it's recognised.

Just be honest in your application. Don't listen to anyone who will try and get you to get some register document. If you don't have it....you don't need it. My own opinion tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 11:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
Olaleyetobz:
Hi everyone, I need your assistance.
I’m currently not employed but I do minor jobs which they pay me in cash most times, I get an average of 20 to 30k per week. I have a fiancé who is a citizen in the uk who is inviting me to come over for a month holiday early next year, he’s a citizen and he’s also the sponsor. hope I won’t have issues on my part because I don’t have huge account balance and av never been out of Nigeria.

You need to proof that you will come back to Nigeria. Do you have a course of study? A business you run? Family members in Nigeria etc. 20-30k weekly is abt 80-120k per month. Is this regular? Or just once in a while? Is it cash in hand or deposit to account. A lot of factors to consider.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2019
gaskinachi:
Hi guys,I have a somewhat bizzare story but I promise this is true and not in anyway is this person trying to beat d system. so my cousin who got a 6 month visa to the Uk for his plab2 exam,hailed a cab from Manchester bus station to his hotel,when he got out to pick his box from d trunk.the driver zoomed off with his school credentials,international passport etc(he still doesn’t know if it was intentional).he has done his exam yesterday but needs a valid passport and visa to verify is it possible for a new passport and visa to be issued to him while in the Uk? Please before anyone suggests he has overstayed or anything I’m attaching a photo of his visa it’s still very valid he is just in an unlucky situation,he didn’t use uber or any ride hailing app so no way to trace via that.he has reported to the police already they gave him a crime ref number but they advised he get the passport and visa back. So I’m asking if anyone knows the possibility of one being reissued a stolen passport and it’s visa while in d Uk still.thanks

Sorry to hear about your friend's. Does the Cab has a company name? They are usually written on the side of the cab. If yes, he might be able to trace. If not, please tell him next time to call taxi cabs rather than hailing one (as passengers are only covered by insurance when they order a cab over the phone.

Now to your question, here's what your friend should do;

1. He needs to apply for a new passport with the Nigerian High Commission in the UK for a new passport and provide a police reference as evidence that he has reported the passport missing or stolen. (he will need this to fly back to Nigeria).

2. Tell him also to try and contact the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre on Telephone: 0300 123 2241, They are opened on Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.

Note: It's a free phone number if he dials from a landline. He might be have to wait in the queue on the phone for up to one hour, so tell him to prepare for this.

3. Tell him to keep every piece of documentation, date/times he called the police/home office, who he spoke to on the phone, what time etc so that when next he is applying for a visa in the future, he will have proof to show that he did reach out/contact the home office to let them know of his predicament.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 13, 2019
Vicas2000:

You need to proof that you will come back to Nigeria. Do you have a course of study? A business you run? Family members in Nigeria etc. 20-30k weekly is abt 80-120k per month. Is this regular? Or just once in a while? Is it cash in hand or deposit to account. A lot of factors to consider.

I am a bsc graduate. The weekly income is quite regular but it comes as cash sometimes.i also run a fashion business along side, just did my Cac a month ago.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by apostlejuly(m): 2:35am On Dec 13, 2019
Hello able gurus in the house please help me on this one I beg you. My brother wants to come over for my graduation from Nigeria by January 2020 ( He’s got a virgin passport). I’v Been going through the enormous/helpful informations here but I am still confused via the issue of finance; my bro is a business man (registered). He plans to stay for 15 days. My questions are:

•Is £2000 an acceptable budget for the timeframe?

•Again, being a business man, stating his income accurately can be tricky/difficult.

•How can all this be accurately deduced from his account statement?

Gurus here have repeatedly warned applicants to be careful about this aspect hence my fear.

I anticipate your response(s)��
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2019
Does he have a personal bank account separate from his business account? Does he pay himself a monthly stipend out the business profits? What are his monthly expenses like and what is is left after the expenses from his monthly stipends (disposable income)? Answering these questions and more would help greatly.

ECOs always frown at a budget which is more than twice the applicants monthly disposable income.

They also frown at dipping hands into business funds for leisure travels. All in all, he must prove to the ECO that whatever funds he's prese ting must be available to him for the duration of the trip without affecting his business or fall back savings. That's the real ties to home country they want to see.

I hope this helps

apostlejuly:
Hello able gurus in the house please help me on this one I beg you. My brother wants to come over for my graduation from Nigeria by January 2020 ( He’s got a virgin passport). I’v Been going through the enormous/helpful informations here but I am still confused via the issue of finance; my bro is a business man (registered). He plans to stay for 15 days. My questions are:

•Is £2000 an acceptable budget for the timeframe?

•Again, being a business man, stating his income accurately can be tricky/difficult.

•How can all this be accurately deduced from his account statement?

Gurus here have repeatedly warned applicants to be careful about this aspect hence my fear.

I anticipate your response(s)��
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 6:33am On Dec 13, 2019
How long ago this incident took place? He should try and go.back to the bus station perhaps he will recognize the cab/driver. He can also report to the bus station management, there are cameras around, they might come in useful.

gaskinachi:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by norriswood(m): 7:08am On Dec 13, 2019
Vicas2000:

You don't need to have done a register wedding. The UK govt recognise customary marriage (trad wedding) and the good thing is you have a child to proof this.

Use your child's birth certificate (that has you both names on it as parents) and pictures of your trad marriage in your application and explain that you married traditionally.

Note: most British people don't get married sef. They have partners (similar to what you have) and it's recognised.

Just be honest in your application. Don't listen to anyone who will try and get you to get some register document. If you don't have it....you don't need it. My own opinion tho
...thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abeoladele: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2019
Hello gurus in the house ,I'm trying to book an hotel for 10 nights but I intend paying just 1 night with my card and I can continue paying with cash if I got to the hotel. How do I pay for 1 night while reserving 10 nights?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2019
Abeoladele:
Hello gurus in the house ,I'm trying to book an hotel for 10 nights but I intend paying just 1 night with my card and I can continue paying with cash if I got to the hotel. How do I pay for 1 night while reserving 10 nights?

u dont need to pay, just reserve 10 nighsbabd u can pay cash when u get to the hotel
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gaskinachi(m): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2019
It happened three days ago, I tot about the camera option.one would expect the cab driver to bring it to the hotel he dropped him off at when he saw it but his laptop was in dere too so many he Dts why he decided to hold on to it.im going to screenshot all the advises I’ve gotten on here and send to him,thanks a lot guys.

bigtt76:
How long ago this incident took place? He should try and go.back to the bus station perhaps he will recognize the cab/driver. He can also report to the bus station management, there are cameras around, they might come in useful.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gaskinachi(m): 10:10am On Dec 13, 2019
Thanks a lot ,would screenshot this and send to him. Nairalanders are life savers. God bless u guys

Vicas2000:

Sorry to hear about your friend's. Does the Cab has a company name? They are usually written on the side of the cab. If yes, he might be able to trace. If not, please tell him next time to call taxi cabs rather than hailing one (as passengers are only covered by insurance when they order a cab over the phone.

Now to your question, here's what your friend should do;

1. He needs to apply for a new passport with the Nigerian High Commission in the UK for a new passport and provide a police reference as evidence that he has reported the passport missing or stolen. (he will need this to fly back to Nigeria).

2. Tell him also to try and contact the UK Visas and Immigration contact centre on Telephone: 0300 123 2241, They are opened on Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.

Note: It's a free phone number if he dials from a landline. He might be have to wait in the queue on the phone for up to one hour, so tell him to prepare for this.

3. Tell him to keep every piece of documentation, date/times he called the police/home office, who he spoke to on the phone, what time etc so that when next he is applying for a visa in the future, he will have proof to show that he did reach out/contact the home office to let them know of his predicament.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
He can also contact the hotel to see if they have the camera footage

gaskinachi:
It happened three days ago, I tot about the camera option.one would expect the cab driver to bring it to the hotel he dropped him off at when he saw it but his laptop was in dere too so many he Dts why he decided to hold on to it.im going to screenshot all the advises I’ve gotten on here and send to him,thanks a lot guys.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
bigtt76:
He can also contact the hotel to see if they have the camera footage

You are right about this. Most businesses in the vicinity will be more than happy to help or allow you watch footage to trace it.so please don't be afraid to ask them.

This is the UK and many business owners (even corporates) they are more humane and willing to help.

By the way...please don't expect any result from the UK police. They are useless in this type of crime.

The only crime they care about are terrorism...murder...manslaughter...fraud...drugs etc.

Any item worth less than £1,000 is not important to them so they won't even chase it. They will only log it to say the crime has been reported.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
gaskinachi:
He should contact home office with his new passport and the police report. The visa will be reissue. As per checking his result, he can do that online. His stolen passport information is on the the copy of the visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2019
gaskinachi:

He doesn't have the cab phone number?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tasho105(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
Unless the driver went away with the phone as well.
pls pardon me...just thinking out of the box

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gaskinachi(m): 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
He flagged the cab down in the station car park,he didn’t book it online or via phone.

justwise:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 3:02am On Dec 14, 2019
Success Story - Applied for a visit visa for my Dad (see my past post) back in 2017, but his application was refused.

I waited two years to put documentation in place to reapply and this time was granted!

Submission of application: 5th Nov
Biometrics: 25th Nov
Decision made on application: 12th Dec
Courier via DHL: 13th of December
Delivered today

Document submitted by me (the sponsor):

1. Mortgage statement

2. Current account And savings account Statement with £5,000 balance (I transfer £1,500 from savings to current and then transferred £800 to my dad's account to support his flight ticket)

3. Letter of invitation (also quoting that i sent him money for flight)

4. Payslip six month

5. Flight itinerary

6. 12 months Proof of monthly stipend receipts that I send monthly to him

7. job offer (as I was in transition of jobs)

8. Birth cert of our baby in the UK (invited dad to come and say hello to his grandson)

My dad submitted:

1. a cover letter addressing the 2017 refusal

2. Six month Bank statement that shows the monthly stipend I send to him

3. Bank statement that shows stipends I send to my mum too

4. A letter from my brother from his school

5. Letter from my mum stating she will care for my brother while my dad is away on this trip

6. Mums letter of support

Please note: I did not submit any proof of address (i.e. tenancy agreement, rent reciept or utilitity bills).

However, both parents bank statement have their home address.

Thank you to everyone who replied my post. I sincerely appreciate.

I am now contemplating wether to book direct flight (Virgin) or shuttle flight (KLM) for my dad. KLM is cheaper though, but I am a bit concerned about the long distance airport transfer in Schipol for a 70 year old!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Vicas2000:
Success Story - Applied for a visit visa for my Dad (see my past post) back in 2017, but his application was refused.

I waited two years to put documentation in place to reapply and this time was granted!

Delivered today

Document submitted by me (the sponsor):

1. Mortgage statement

2. Current account And savings account Statement with £5,000 balance (I transfer £1,500 from savings to current and then transferred £800 to my dad's account to support his flight ticket)

3. Letter of invitation (also quoting that i sent him money for flight)

4. Payslip six month

5. Flight itinerary

6. 12 months Proof of monthly stipend receipts that I send monthly to him

7. job offer (as I was in transition of jobs)

8. Birth cert of our baby in the UK (invited dad to come and say hello to his grandson)

My dad submitted:

1. a cover letter addressing the 2017 refusal

2. Six month Bank statement that shows the monthly stipend I send to him

3. Bank statement that shows stipends I send to my mum too

4. A letter from my brother from his school

5. Letter from my mum stating she will care for my brother while my dad is away on this trip

6. Mums letter of support

Please note: I did not submit any proof of address (i.e. tenancy agreement, rent reciept or utilitity bills).

However, both parents bank statement have their home address.

Thank you to everyone who replied my post. I sincerely appreciate.

I am now contemplating wether to book direct flight (Virgin) or shuttle flight (KLM) for my dad. KLM is cheaper though, but I am a bit concerned about the long distance airport transfer in Schipol for a 70 year old!

Congrat bro...what a wonderful documentation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geli12: 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2019
Seynex01:
Hello my people...... Any first timer coming into UK through Heathrow airport....should be very careful.

make sure you delete any chat or mail that can land u back to muritala,make sure u don't save people's name with some funny words..my experience yesterday at Heathrow airport was a serious check by the boarder officers after being checked in by immigrations.

A guy was sent back cos they said his visa is fake which is not true. At first timer coming in at this time should be careful.

Which means they are ready to send pple back at the slightest of any thing.

When I first saw this post last week, I was worried cos I am also a first timer, so yesterday I got to Heathrow, I was asked questions about why I am in UK, who is he to me, where do I work and how much I was travelling with, I told them I had no cash on me cos it's a sponsored trip by my Fiance and the Officer stamped me in, I think one should look straight into their eye balls and answer confidently...above all , pray for God's favour..Thanks all.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2019
Congratulations. However ...
1. Yours is a sponsored trip.
2. Anyone that is not sponsored and steps to the border without palpable money that they filled in their application form should be ready to face any treatment including deportation.
geli12:

When I first saw this post last week, I was worried cos I am also a first timer, so yesterday I got to Heathrow, I was asked questions about why I am in UK, who is he to me, where do I work and how much I was travelling with, [/b]I told them I had no cash on me cos it's a sponsored trip by my Fiance and the Officer stamped me in, I think one should look straight into their eye balls and answer confidently[b] above all , pray for God's favour..Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asamwababy: 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2019
Delivered today

Congrats.

Pls dont stress your dad.

Book a direct flight.
[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
kunzzy4me:

Congrat bro...what a wonderful documentation

Thanks very much. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2019
asamwababy:

Delivered today

Congrats.

Pls dont stress your dad.

Book a direct flight.

Thanks very much. Will consider that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyisanya(m): 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2019
Please let no stranger(in the guise of a church member) watch over your kids for free(or less) in a foreign country, even if this person is from your hometown in Nigeria. Please, if you cannot get your mother to help in this situation then you are better off getting a professional caregiver for them regardless of the financial implication.

omopapa:
This might appear to the EO that the whole family is vacating the country. How about you going with your kids first. After a month or 2 you can invite your mum and your husband.

I know child care is expensive in the UK but there’s always a way round it. When you get to the UK, Hoe about finding the nearest Nigerian/African church close to you (if your are a Christain) relate with the pastor/members you will probably get someone to watch ur kids for free or for less.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jerome84(m): 10:41pm On Dec 14, 2019
oluwaseun8:
Good day great people, please i want to know if it's a general issue, my sister did her biometric 30th of October this year and up till this moment she hasn't received any mail from TLS, she has also tracked it via TLS but yet to be transferred to VAC. Anyone experiencing same issue or any advice on what to do ? Kindly help!!!

Am having same experience, did biometrics at TLS on 20th November to enable me attend a friends graduation for 10th December in the UK.
Up till date no response from TLS or the embassy, graduation has passed, I need my passport so I can go back to work.

Any advice about this issue or is there any way I can contact them to return my passport cos I need it at work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by omopapa: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2019
I bet you don’t knw how much these “professional caregivers” charge per hour. Obviously if you can afford it, why not, by all means but the person who posted the question is just settling in UK and needs support while she goes to work.

When it comes to people watching your kids you can’t be too careful even the professional ones have incidences. Some Nigerian families take turns to watch each other’s kids so the parents can work night shifts. It is certain that there will be instances where u need someone to watch your kids for few hours without having to pay professional caregiver so what do you do?

seyisanya:
Please let no stranger(in the guise of a church member) watch over your kids for free(or less) in a foreign country, even if this person is from your hometown in Nigeria. Please, if you cannot get your mother to help in this situation then you are better off getting a professional caregiver for them regardless of the financial implication.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2019
Quick question....does a traveller needs to travel on the exact date that they filled on their application for the visa given and to the same destination?

i.e. Intended travel date filled in application 20th January 2020 to 3rd of March 2020 (flight from Lagos to Birmingham) while the actual travel date for flight ticket is 21st January 2020 to 6th of March 2020 (Lagos to Heathrow).

Reason: Ticket cheaper on those dates by £300 and is direct flight and less stress as traveller is an older person.

I hope this is not any big problem at point of entry. Any comment will be welcome.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.