Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,497 members, 7,770,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:56 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1416787 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ronvlaar: 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2019
My mom just got her visa today ���

Her TL

Application submitted prior to May 14th

Biometric Appointment May 14th

Application transferred to UKVI same day May 14th

Passport ready for collection mail from TLS 7th June

DHL delivered passport today 10th June

Visa approved 3rd June

Documents Submitted (Moms Part) :
- Moms statements of account for the last 6months
- Cover letter from bank
- Letter of retirement
- Age declaration
- Letter declaring her intentions on visiting the UK (stating the whole trip will be sponsored by me and wife)
- Pictures taken with her and my wife

Our Part :
- Statements of account and Payslips for the last 6months (wife and I)
- Invitation letter (explaining and outlining how much I intend spending on her trip, including cost of tickets, feeding, miscellaneous)
- My passport and wife's
- My BRP
- Proof of accommodation

Just be sincere with your application and back it up with proof.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
thanks

Amoj4682:

Have enough funds in your account like 800k n above which must have been in your account for 6 months. Employment letter, leave letter, hotel booking, flight booking, itenary and most importantly pray to God Almighty for favour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amoj4682: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
Good afternoon people. I would like to make an enquiry. I have travelled to the uk as a tourist when i was single, my visa expired in 2014. I want to apply for another visa by His grace. My status has changed, i am married now and want to travel with my family of 3 in total. The last time i applied i didnt mention i had a sibling in the Uk but now my sibling is inviting us hence my category of visa will be family. Hope it wouldnt be any issue.

Someone please kindly respond
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:52pm On Jun 10, 2019
It will be despatched soon. dont go to lagos yet. Exercise small patience..
Lunm:

I actually need to travel elsewhere, with the passport..that's the wahala.
Yes, I'm told a decision was made since 30th May
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lolla234: 6:13pm On Jun 10, 2019
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please i applied for UK 10years visa since April 17 2019 and till date my visa is yet to be ready but i got below generic mail on may 9 2019 and i have schedule my travel to the UK in less than 2weeks, please can someone help on what can be done.

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward. Please be assured that we will continue to progress your application to enable a decision to be made as soon as possible.

Please do not attend the application center until you have been contacted by the VAC.

Kind regards
Croydon

anyone with such experience should please assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:50pm On Jun 10, 2019
MISSYTOSIN:
can I use a master degree certificate for the use of English? Or only first degree is acceptable?

Yes you can use your master degree certificate and transcript. U can even use both provided that some courses were taught in English language during your university.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2019
MISSYTOSIN:
can I use a master degree certificate for the use of English? Or only first degree is acceptable?

Yes you can use your master degree certificate and transcript. U can even use both provided that some courses were taught in English language during your university.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:01pm On Jun 10, 2019
Email them to find out the stage of your application now.
Mind you its a paid email but it will help you know if a decision has been taken or not.
Lolla234:
Hello Gurus in the house,

Please i applied for UK 10years visa since April 17 2019 and till date my visa is yet to be ready but i got below generic mail on may 9 2019 and i have schedule my travel to the UK in less than 2weeks, please can someone help on what can be done.

Thank you for your visa/entry clearance application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days and settlement applications within 60 working days (unless you have opted for a Priority Visa service).

We are unable to resolve your application within these customer service targets, as the processing of your application has not been straightforward.

anyone with such experience should please assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2019
There is no longer family visa... the categories are now classed as Standard Visitor Visa so apply if you wish to...
Amoj4682:
Good afternoon people. I would like to make an enquiry. I have travelled to the uk as a tourist when i was single, my visa expired in 2014. I want to apply for another visa by His grace. My status has changed, i am married now and want to travel with my family of 3 in total. The last time i applied i didnt mention i had a sibling in the Uk but now my sibling is inviting us hence my category of visa will be family. Hope it wouldnt be any issue.

Someone please kindly respond

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lolla234: 7:12pm On Jun 10, 2019
Okay. thank you. i called their paid line on Friday and i was given a case ID. the person that attended to me said they will contact me via email. i will wait till tomorrow before i email them.

Thank you

giselle237:
Email them to find out the stage of your application now.
Mind you its a paid email but it will help you know if a decision has been taken or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2019
Did the person say a decision has been made? Or that it’s still been worked on? They usually tell you the status during this call
Lolla234:
Okay. thank you. i called their paid line on Friday and i was given a case ID. the person that attended to me said they will contact me via email. i will wait till tomorrow before i email them.

Thank you

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
MISSYTOSIN:

You still need to evaluate your masters/degree certificate with NARIC UK as long your certificate is not from the UK or other EU countries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Please, I will appreciate your respond on this. Biko Biko.

Enick:
Hello,

My company pays salaries in cash. This implies that my statement does not have salary payment, so outside my appointment letter, promotion letter, payslip and leave letter which other documents will assist to proof strongly that I work for that company?

Thanks for your reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2019
I dont know about cash salary payments sha.....
However Let your company write an introduction letter and in it let it be stated how much you are paid per annum, since when you have been in the company’s employ, that you are going on permitted leave and your expected date of resumption back at work

Enick:
Please, I will appreciate your respond on this. Biko Biko.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MISSYTOSIN(f): 8:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
Monmarri:

thank you. All course were taught in English

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MISSYTOSIN(f): 8:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
justwise:

You still need to evaluate your masters/degree certificate with NARIC UK as long your certificate is not from the UK or other EU countries.
ok thanks .i will use my master since the school is close to lag. First degree is a long thing. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2019
Enick:
Hello,

My company pays salaries in cash. This implies that my statement does not have salary payment, so outside my appointment letter, promotion letter, payslip and leave letter which other documents will assist to proof strongly that I work for that company?

Thanks for your reply.

Recieving ur monthly salary in cash is a red flag...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2019
The guy said they told him a decision has been made. I guess he should have asked if it has been dispatched.

giselle237:
Did the person say a decision has been made? Or that it’s still been worked on? They usually tell you the status during this call
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2019
O
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 1:43am On Jun 11, 2019
Lunm:
Please, is there anyone who applied on 10th May at V.I, who has gotten a response?

I am scheduled to travel out of naija this weekend (separate business) and I desperately need my passport back this week. Please who can advice me what to do? embarassed

My appointment was May 10th. No update for collection yet. Only got the generic mail that the processing of my application hasn't been straight forward. Still waiting o

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 5:55am On Jun 11, 2019
So no other alternative to increase my chance and remove the red flag? It is my company structure and there is nothing I can do about it. Or should I just forget about applying and keeping my money since bank payment is not available?

ijeshaoflondon:

Recieving ur monthly salary in cash is a red flag...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by glovekid: 7:16am On Jun 11, 2019
Hi justwise and everyone. My visa got approved 3 weeks after my intended travel date on my visa application. I said I was going to spend 10 days when I applied but can I spend up to 14 days now since the visa came out after my intended travel date?

Will appreciate your response.
Thanks All

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 7:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok.

Mine has been decided, but there's been no mail (generic or not) for me to come and collect. The processes still show red on TLS application tracking.

Ebylicious:

My appointment was May 10th. No update for collection yet. Only got the generic mail that the processing of my application hasn't been straight forward. Still waiting o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lolla234: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2019
The person only said it delayed and passed the standard processing time. He promised to escalate it and i will be contacted via email.
he did not mention if decision has been made or not.

giselle237:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2019
So far as it's within your visa's validity period (should see that stated in your visa page), you can stay for 14 days or more. Just read your visa page to confirm

glovekid:
Hi justwise and everyone. My visa got approved 3 weeks after my intended travel date on my visa application. I said I was going to spend 10 days when I applied but can I spend up to 14 days now since the visa came out after my intended travel date?

Thanks All
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
Lunm:
So far as it's within your visa's validity period (should see that stated in your visa page), you can stay for 14 days or more. Just read your visa page to confirm

That is not true

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:07am On Jun 11, 2019
glovekid:

Thanks All

Why do you want to stay longer than you stated in your visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by glovekid: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2019
justwise:

Why do you want to stay longer than you stated in your visa application?
It’s not a must I stay for 14 days. Just asking in case I have one or 2 more things to do. Please advise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2019
glovekid:

It’s not a must I stay for 14 days. Just asking in case I have one or 2 more things to do. Please advise

Then stick to 10days to avoid long story next time you want to renew that visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lunm: 9:46am On Jun 11, 2019
Ok...why can't he? Like he mentioned, his indicated visit period passed before he got the visa

I have applied for visas before, stated the intended visit period, travelled more than once with that visa, because it's still valid and I have not exceeded my max duration of stay on the visa.

But of course, you may have more information on this than I have experienced

justwise:

That is not true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by FYsol: 9:52am On Jun 11, 2019
@Justwise is right. I applied to visit the U.S for just 2 weeks, I got the visa and spent 1month even though my passport was stamped for 6months at POE. When my visa expired, my renewal was refused and the VO said I requested to spend just 2 weeks but spent a month.

Lunm:
Ok...why can't he? Like he mentioned, his indicated visit period passed before he got the visa

I have applied for visas before, stated the intended visit period, travelled more than once with that visa, because it's still valid and I have not exceeded my max duration of stay on the visa.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2019
Lunm:

That’s not the same as staying longer than you stated in your application.

When you are given multiple visa you are allowed to visit the UK as many times as you like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.