Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,776 members, 7,831,495 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452610 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2020
feelgoodstuffs:

I don't pay myself salary, how do I explain my personal income and expenditure?
you need to start paying yourself salary, they are more concerned about your personal income and expenses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2020
feelgoodstuffs:

I'm thinking since I'm going for a conference related to my Business (Tech), I should just use only the Business account.
you will need to present your personal and business accounts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alkidam(m): 12:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
giselle237:
@alkidam did u tender a statement with several large deposits? .. this is money lodgement and the extra income of 1m you stated..did you submit documents to show truly you are in receipt of such amount
no i didnt but transactions are indicated on the bank statement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
I ask this because the ECOs are particular about businessmen and women posting their sales revenue as their income. It would be good though if you can show the entire sales revenue and try to separate the profit from it so you can evidently show that you are not using your sales capital for vacation travels. This is why you were advised to pay your self monthly from your company's account to show you earn something substantial. All the best.

feelgoodstuffs:

Yes

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
You didn’t submit any documents to prove origin of the funds?... well this is uk visa and they like seeing everything with proof especially money.
Alkidam:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BonnieCita(f): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Happy sunday everyone,

justwise, giselle237 and other gurus in the house, please help.

BonnieCita:
Hello everyone,

Please a quick one, I have been saving some amount every month from my salary for my trip to the UK. This amount varies according to bonus, 13th month, etc. so I do not have a certain amount I save.

The thing is that I save it into another account that I do not transact on and it is strictly inflows for my savings. Do you think using that account will fly? because I do not have any outflows just inflows from my salary account. In the transfer description, I always put 'Savings for summer trip' and I plan to use it alongside the main account I transfer from.

Also the amount in my savings now is higher than what I have in my main account or my monthly salary, but I've been saving for a long time for this trip. I most likely will not use all the funds there, i would probably use about 600k - 650k and my monthly salary is about 250k.

Please what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
@bonnie submit all accounts and explain this way and more in your cover letter. The money is yours, as long as it shows origin of funds then u are good to go
Pls dont submit bank statement less than 6 months
Leave ur budget in your application within 2 times your disposable income to be safe.. read up parts of this thread to understand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Alot of refusals have been going on for sometime now.
Firstly, please everyone should try not to tag me as a guru embarassed Just drop your concerns, if I’m online and have an idea about your situation, I’ll respond... thank you
Next, I have been in your shoes of visa application so many times and so tend to have a clue. I’ve got quite a no of visas from the UK. I’ve also been refused sometime ago from the same UK that gave me visa.
Immediately you get one refusal from the UK (or any developed country), please keep it in mind that the probability for your next application to be refused is HIGHEST until you seat down and understand why your visa was refused.
There’s no hurry in this thing.
Everyone keeps saying the same thing. I wish to reapply immediately. Reapply kini? .. Give it time. By time I don’t mean 1 month.. As long as it is tourism you are applying for, you can apply to another country... you dont have to go to UK... that’s how they feel.
Leave them and take time off from them.. during this time u can also get travel history from other countries..
Also use the time to work on your reason for refusal.. it can be 1, or 2 years, it must not be immediately tht u reapply. . you know very well marital tie or travel history or employment tie or financial tie is working against you somehow yet you will insist and end up getting an annoying refusal stamp on your passport.
All these things show desperation and the ECOs will keep bouncing you. By that time you have garnered like 5 refusals from one country.
I personally hate visa refusals so before I even decide to apply to any country I must have worked on all my tiny shortcomings.. dont come and stamp my passport with rubbish pls... not only that, it enters the system and will be haunting you anytime you want to travel... because you must be asked if you have been denied a visa before...
Pls

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damcqute(m): 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hello guys, please I need you advice.

My mum is currently applying for a UK visitors visa to visit me in the UK. She's fully capable of sponsoring herself, as she's retired she receives a monthly pension payment. Also, she owns 2 houses with multiple tenants who pay into her account.
I will be providing her accommodation during her stay, as well as feeding and transport within the UK. I have only been here for about 2 months so I don't have sufficient funds in my account to sponsor her. (1 salary received so far)

What I want to know is what documents she needs to submit especially as proof of finances (as a pensioner and landlord)?

Also, what documents can I also send to support her application?
Invitation letter? My BRP? Bills?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
bigtt76:
I ask this because the ECOs are particular about businessmen and women posting their sales revenue as their income. It would be good though if you can show the entire sales revenue and try to separate the profit from it so you can evidently show that you are not using your sales capital for vacation travels. This is why you were advised to pay your self monthly from your company's account to show you earn something substantial. All the best.

Thanks and I appreciate your time, in my own case whatever I take to the bank is totally my profit, my account doesnt have withdrawals at all because of the nature of my job and if I'm to need any money for personal or domestic use, I take them out before saving the rest. (I don't run the kinda business whereby customers can pay through bank deposits or transfers)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
feelgoodstuffs:

I don't pay myself salary, how do I explain my personal income and expenditure?

If you want to pay yourself salary as many have mentioned here...how will you determine how much to pay yourself?

You can't employ yourself and pay yourself salary, as a sole business owner what you make after expenditure is called profit and not salary.

Why would the embassy believe that you pay your ..e.g 400K a month as salary when you are the one that paid yourself that money?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
feelgoodstuffs:

I make btw 15- 20k daily, roughly 420- 450k monthly, it depends on how customer come and my Monthly Expenses is btw 70 - 80k, Married with a 2years daughter 350k Disposable Income.

How much is your net income out of that money? If you removed your expenditures/cost of running your business how much is there for your for personal use?

That is what you need to explain to the ECO and you need to make it as clearer as possible backed with paper evidences else it will be hard to believe.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
justwise:

I can't really answer that..you know average of what you spent as a household ..that will give you an idea how much to put but exaggerating/under stating figures will not help your application

Ok. Thank you. But please I have another issue and I really need an advice on what to do. Like I stated earlier I was refused Visa in 2012, and I have searched for the refusal letter, but I cannot see it. In the visa form, there is a question on if I have been refused visa before which I answered yes but the reason is what I dont have anymore please what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
BonnieCita:
Hello everyone,

Please a quick one, I have been saving some amount every month from my salary for my trip to the UK. This amount varies according to bonus, 13th month, etc. so I do not have a certain amount I save.

The thing is that I save it into another account that I do not transact on and it is strictly inflows for my savings. Do you think using that account will fly? because I do not have any outflows just inflows from my salary account. In the transfer description, I always put 'Savings for summer trip' and I plan to use it alongside the main account I transfer from.

Also the amount in my savings now is higher than what I have in my main account or my monthly salary, but I've been saving for a long time for this trip. I most likely will not use all the funds there, i would probably use about 600k - 650k and my monthly salary is about 250k.

Please what do you think?

What is your monthly salary? Forget about the amount you have saved so far.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chijiuba:

Ok. Thank you. But please I have another issue and I really need an advice on what to do. Like I stated earlier I was refused Visa in 2012, and I have searched for the refusal letter, but I cannot see it. In the visa form, there is a question on if I have been refused visa before which I answered yes but the reason is what I dont have anymore please what do i do?

You really have to give a brief explanation about the refusal but if you can't remember then state that then add the year and month.

They know why you were refused and have all the details but still you have to acknowledge it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Thegamingorca(m): 5:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
Alkidam:

Keep a clean statement of salary and expenditure for 6months. No lump sums or sudden intrusion of huge cash.

If you have huge cash direct it to another bank's account you own.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
justwise:

You really have to give a brief explanation about the refusal but if you can't remember then state that then add the year and month.

They know why you were refused and have all the details but still you have to acknowledge it

Please Should I give the explanation of my not remembering the reason for refusal in my cover letter or on the section in the form where it says I should state the reason for rejection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chijiuba:

Please Should I give the explanation of my not remembering the reason for refusal in my cover letter or on the section in the form where it says I should state the reason for rejection.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by drach(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hello fam, I plan on submitting my application next week for a 6 months visit visa, and I have the following documents, kindly advice if am good to go.

1. Invitation letter from my girlfriend stating I will be staying with her and also copy of her resident card.
2. Letter from my work place stating my salary (1,700,000 mill Naira monthly) and also stating my vacation after every 2months.
2. 1 year account statement (USD account) which is my salary account.
3. Cover Letter.
4. Pay slip for 1year
I plan on spending 3000 pounds for 2weeks.
Kindly advice if I need any other document thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:04pm On Jan 19, 2020
employment letter, introduction letter from office should also state how long you have been employed, your role in the company, when you are expected back at work,
Ur girl friend needs to show proof of the accommodation such as utility bill and/or tenancy agreement
Then proof of your friendship. .. pictures, call logs, chat logs, email logs ..
Additional Home ties.. parents? family members staying back in nigeria proof? property? car? Rent receipts? assets?
Previous travel history? visa stamps?
drach:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 9:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
damcqute:
Hello guys, please I need you advice.

My mum is currently applying for a UK visitors visa to visit me in the UK. She's fully capable of sponsoring herself, as she's retired she receives a monthly pension payment. Also, she owns 2 houses with multiple tenants who pay into her account.
I will be providing her accommodation during her stay, as well as feeding and transport within the UK. I have only been here for about 2 months so I don't have sufficient funds in my account to sponsor her. (1 salary received so far)

What I want to know is what documents she needs to submit especially as proof of finances (as a pensioner and landlord)?

Also, what documents can I also send to support her application?
Invitation letter? My BRP? Bills?

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Your mum is in a better position to get a UK visa.

Here are the document she needs to submit:

1. Her bank statement where she collects her pension.

2. If she has a letter /pension certificate, then that's a plus

3. A letter of support from your dad saying that he is happy for your mum to visit the UK while he is in Nigeria. (shows family ties in Nigeria)

4. Property document (C of O or Deed) that proof that she or your parent own the property they live in.

5. Your birth certificate (that shows she is your mum)

6. Marriage certificate (if she has one. If not, don't stress on this, as I successfully invited my parent without it)

7. Does she give receipt to her tenant? If she does, then ask her to include her tenancy duplicate as part of the application.

8. If she doesn't, then she can explain that deposit into her account on a separate letter to say she has tenant.

On your own part, you need to provide the following:

1. Council tax bill
2. Your rent agreement or Mortgage statement (depending on if you own or rent)
3. Your BRP
4. A letter of invitation from you
5. Your one month payslip
6. Your job offer letter

In your invitation letter, state why you are inviting your mum, for what length (put dates) i.e. My hope is that she will be able to arrive on the 4th of July and spend 3 weeks with me.

Also, state in your invitation letter that you've only recently started work, hence why you only have one month payslip.

I can't think of anything else, but maybe some other people will suggest some things I am missing out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vicas2000: 9:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
drach:
Hello fam, I plan on submitting my application next week for a 6 months visit visa, and I have the following documents, kindly advice if am good to go.

1. Invitation letter from my girlfriend stating I will be staying with her and also copy of her resident card.
2. Letter from my work place stating my salary (1,700,000 mill Naira monthly) and also stating my vacation after every 2months.
3. Cover Letter.
4. Pay slip for 1year

From your post, it appears you are spending equivalent of your one month salary n the trip. I think that is actually ok.

However, in my own opinion, I will make it lower to 2,000 though. But that's my own personal opinion.

In your cover letter, make sure you document how you will spend the money on your trip.

Your girlfriend needs to send her rent agreement/mortgage statement to proof that she can accommodate you./council tax.

She also need to proof that she has a job by providing job offer letter and monthly pay slip for six month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
House, please kindly assist. A cousin of mine intends traveling with his family(family of four-self, wife & 2kids) do they need to fill separate forms, open separate email add. Better still how’s a family form-filling different from a single individual filling?
Thanks in advance!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BonnieCita(f): 11:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
Okay, thanks a lot.

giselle237:
@bonnie submit all accounts and explain this way and more in your cover letter. The money is yours, as long as it shows origin of funds then u are good to go
Pls dont submit bank statement less than 6 months
Leave ur budget in your application within 2 times your disposable income to be safe.. read up parts of this thread to understand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BonnieCita(f): 11:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
My monthly salary is 250k after tax

justwise:

What is your monthly salary? Forget about the amount you have saved so far.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DMainMan: 12:43am On Jan 20, 2020
drach:

3. Cover Letter.
4. Pay slip for 1year

1. Is the 1.7 million naira salary deposit reflected in your bank account every month and in your employment payslip? It must be reflected and tallies.
2. 6 month bank statement is what you need unless you have a tangible reason of using one year.
3. You will also need your girlfriend UK tenancy agreement (if she is on rent) or mortgage agreement (if she is on mortgage).
4. Also add another your home tie evidence like land document, house, car, e.t.c.
5. You will need letter from employer stating the date you intend to leave Nigeria and when you will come back to Nigeria from the UK.
6. Write a succint cover letter stating why you intend to travel, how many days will you spend in the UK, the towns and cities you intend to study and breakdown of costs. Check my comments on page 151 to help you out.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 8:19am On Jan 20, 2020
Ehimeomo:
House, please kindly assist. A cousin of mine intends traveling with his family(family of four-self, wife & 2kids) do they need to fill separate forms, open separate email add. Better still how’s a family form-filling different from a single individual filling?
Thanks in advance!

all of them are to fill different forms, thats 4 different online or paper forms, Yes...4 different emails for each member.

from my own experience, there is nothing like family or single form....a family will fill same form as single, it is what you fill in the form that will tell the ECO that this is a family application.

also note that each member of the family will pay application fees too (application fee x4).

hope you understand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damcqute(m): 10:00am On Jan 20, 2020
Thanks a lot.. Will do just that.

Vicas2000:

Your mum is in a better position to get a UK visa.

Here are the document she needs to submit:

1. Her bank statement where she collects her pension.

2. If she has a letter /pension certificate, then that's a plus

3. A letter of support from your dad saying that he is happy for your mum to visit the UK while he is in Nigeria. (shows family ties in Nigeria)

4. Property document (C of O or Deed) that proof that she or your parent own the property they live in.

5. Your birth certificate (that shows she is your mum)

6. Marriage certificate (if she has one. If not, don't stress on this, as I successfully invited my parent without it)

7. Does she give receipt to her tenant? If she does, then ask her to include her tenancy duplicate as part of the application.

8. If she doesn't, then she can explain that deposit into her account on a separate letter to say she has tenant.

On your own part, you need to provide the following:

1. Council tax bill
2. Your rent agreement or Mortgage statement (depending on if you own or rent)
3. Your BRP
4. A letter of invitation from you
5. Your one month payslip
6. Your job offer letter

In your invitation letter, state why you are inviting your mum, for what length (put dates) i.e. My hope is that she will be able to arrive on the 4th of July and spend 3 weeks with me.

Also, state in your invitation letter that you've only recently started work, hence why you only have one month payslip.

I can't think of anything else, but maybe some other people will suggest some things I am missing out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by blazetitov: 10:01am On Jan 20, 2020
Please house, I want to apply for a standard visitor visa. kindly direct me to where i will read all the details and necessary steps.

Also, as regards finances, can one use investment certificate or funds must be seated in the account?

No travel history, will this be a disadvantage?

I will appreciate kind response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:31am On Jan 20, 2020
@blazetitov
Check the 1st page of the thread. Information should be there
... then funds for the visa application should be palpable... not certificate form
Then How do u earn a living this very moment? What’s the purpose of the travel?Are u married?Do u have any children?Do u have any siblings or parents alive and in Nigeria? Any assets/property?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by blazetitov: 11:09am On Jan 20, 2020
giselle237:
@blazetitov
Check the 1st page of the thread. Information should be there
... then funds for the visa application should be palpable... not certificate form
Then How do u earn a living this very moment? What’s the purpose of the travel?Are u married?Do u have any children?Do u have any siblings or parents alive and in Nigeria? Any assets/property?

Thanks for your quick response.

I will recheck the first page again. I am aware of the visa fees. What i want to know is the other funds for the vacation if it can be in T-bills during the application process.

Travel purpose is for tourism.

Married with kids. Parents and siblings in Nigeria. Asset/property; yes. Working in the financial service sector.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:31am On Jan 20, 2020
U can’t submit treasury bills as the money meant for the tourism purpose.. will u spend treasury bills there? No.. you have to liquidate it
How much is ur salary after tax
blazetitov:
Thanks for your quick response. I will recheck the first page again. I am aware of the visa fees. What i want to know is the other funds for the vacation if it can be in T-bills during the application process. Travel purpose is for tourism.Married with kids. Parents and siblings in Nigeria. Asset/property; yes. Working in the financial service sector.

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.