Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1464438 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
Deanoflagos:
I have other accounts with millions in balance and transactions but embassy complained that there was no proof the funds in the account was mine. This other account is for salary and personal expenses.

Yeah you can’t present account with millions without proof of the fund origin, they wanna know how the fund is acquired.

Whatever account statement you wanna present do not let you opening account balance to be 10k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vozkini(m): 3:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
vozkini:
Justwise and other gurus in the house.

Please I want to ask a question. Please anyone that have idea should reply. Is cover letter very important to UK visitor visa. Please help advise.

I still this answer urgently from gurus in. The house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Africankel(m): 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
vozkini:

Yes. This cannot be overemphasized
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 4:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
vozkini:

Try to put as much info in the additional info section in the form. Purpose of covering letter is to explain to them what they need to know that’s not in the form.

There’s no reason for covering letter if you don’t have additional info to explain to them, most do use covering letter to explain their account statement if there’s lump sum, if someone is supporting heir application financially etc

Your situation would determine if you need a covering letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by vozkini(m): 4:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
Darvick:

Try to put as much info in the additional info section in the form. Purpose of covering letter is to explain to them what they need to know that’s not in the form.

There’s no reason for covering letter if you don’t have additional info to explain to them, most do use covering letter to explain their account statement if there’s lump sum, if someone is supporting heir application financially etc

Your situation would determine if you need a covering letter.

Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Deanoflagos: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Darvick:

Yeah you can’t present account with millions without proof of the fund origin, they wanna know how the fund is acquired.

Whatever account statement you wanna present do not let you opening account balance to be 10k.
how much do you advise as minimum opening?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by 2horsePOWER(m): 6:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Calypso1234:
Good evening Giselle, Justwise & other great people in here.
Please I applied using “Keep my passport”, so I got a mail from TLS today that a decision had been made & that I should come drop my passport. Pls how long can it take before my passport would be returned to me?
How much extra did you pay to keep your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kayjosd: 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
Kayjosd:
Trust you had a great day Gurus in the house.
I have Mutual fund investment (money market) with Stanbic IBTC asset management,can I use the investment certificate instead of bank statement since that is where I save my money and do I need to add my salary account statement toEd it.

Dear all..
Please I await your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Which place is the money for the trip going to come from?
Kayjosd:

Dear all..
Please I await your response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kayjosd: 7:19pm On Jan 23, 2020
[quote author=giselle237 post=86050563]Which place is the money for the trip going to come from?
[/quotre]

The money is saved in mutual fund investment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Deanoflagos:
how much do you advise as minimum opening?

No minimum account opening balance required, you have to use your judgement to present a reasonable amount.

Use your financial circumstance like income to present opening account balance, with 10k the ECO would think straight up this applicant is very poor and just run this account for visa purpose.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Calypso1234(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Approximately N27k.

Candybright:

How much extra did you pay to keep your passport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
@kayjosd you can’t use that. If you must use that, liquidate it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 3:02am On Jan 24, 2020
Are you a worker or business person? First the ECO wants to see that you're earning an income (not revenue from sales of goods & services), your disposable income and of course your budget.

Yes you can use the mutual funds statements, infact most of the operators can send letters on your behalf to the embassies to prove you own the funds and are available to you for your trip, but you still need to prove ties to your home country and source of income etc

Hope this helps

Kayjosd:
Trust you had a great day Gurus in the house.
I have Mutual fund investment (money market) with Stanbic IBTC asset management,can I use the investment certificate instead of bank statement since that is where I save my money and do I need to add my salary account statement to it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 4:40am On Jan 24, 2020
2horsePOWER:
Hello house! My aunty who is a dental nurse in a FG institution wishes to go for a dental conference in the UK in May. She is a single mom of an 18mnts baby. If she applies, will she be allowed to go with her baby? How will she go about it? And she has once been denied a visit visa 2years ago.

Best she applies alone. If she applies for a visa for her baby as well, it will look as if she has immigrant intent.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alexiz031(m): 7:15am On Jan 24, 2020
Please,a Visa agency which I meet online said they can apply for a Visa on my behalf and that I will pay after the Visa has been issued.
I want to go travel to England or Netherlands with a tourist visa.
But I'm afraid of losing my hard earned money to take visa agencies. Below is the terms of engagement:
PROCEDURE( PAVS):
1.You register with 20k,, submit colour copy of your international pp, two coloured passport photographs & birt certificate(NPC type).
2.You enter a joint bank account (credited with the a..greed cost)with one of our staff members .
3. You will be called at the appropriate time to come to the embassy/VSF office for biometrics & visa application submission. Note you are to finance the visa fees+ the biometrics
4. When the visa comes out, you transfer the agreed amount to our corporate account..
5. Optional:you can choose to verify the visa (before payment according to item 4) with colour copy of the visa, in accompany with our staff. The applicant pays the verification cost if demanded.
6. Then, the International passport with Visa will be handed over to applicant, right in the bank arena.
7. Transaction closes
please I need advise.

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2020
Alexiz031:
Please,a Visa agency which I meet online said they can apply for a Visa on my behalf and that I will pay after the Visa has been issued.
But I'm afraid of losing my hard earned money to take visa agencies. Below is the terms of engagement:
PROCEDURE( PAVS):
1.You register with 20k,, submit colour copy of your international pp, two coloured passport photographs & birt certificate(NPC type).
2.You enter a joint bank account (credited with the a..greed cost)with one of our staff members .
3. You will be called at the appropriate time to come to the embassy/VSF office for biometrics & visa application submission. Note you are to finance the visa fees+ the biometrics
4. When the visa comes out, you transfer the agreed amount to our corporate account..
5. Optional:you can choose to verify the visa (before payment according to item 4) with colour copy of the visa, in accompany with our staff. The applicant pays the verification cost if demanded.
6. Then, the International passport with Visa will be handed over to applicant, right in the bank arena.
7. Transaction closes
please I need advise.
N:B. I'm not going there for tourism actually

Run away from this nonsense and fill your applications yourself.
If, on the other hand, your intent is to overstay or misuse a tourist visa, then note that you are breaking the law and will receive no help here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alexiz031(m): 7:34am On Jan 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

Run away from this nonsense and fill your applications yourself.
If, on the other hand, your intent is to overstay or misuse a tourist visa, then note that you are breaking the law and will receive no help here.
Thank you very much. I appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:40am On Jan 24, 2020
U can’t quote the money in the mutual funds certificate as the money you intend to use for the travel. Haba oga! denials here cause of this. ECO visibly said in the refusal letters, that they are not sure the money will be accessible despite the applicants presenting letters to say the funds can be released in even less than 48 hours if need be.. ECO still said No, that they not sure of financial status and denied the visa. They said tht the funds are not palpable.
If you have separate savings for the travel, yes you can then use the certificate as proof of asset/home ties.You can’t appear for tourist visa at the embassy with no money in your bank account and present mutual funds certificate as the money you intend using to travel..
pls show us someone that used only funds certificate and got tourist visa, asin no bank account with money. .. this is what I’m interested in
bigtt76:
Are you a worker or business person? First the ECO wants to see that you're earning an income (not revenue from sales of goods & services), your disposable income and of course your budget.

Yes you can use the mutual funds statements, infact most of the operators can send letters on your behalf to the embassies to prove you own the funds and are available to you for your trip, but you still need to prove ties to your home country and source of income etcHope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2020
@Alexiz please 1.2m for UK visa? Then if you say you want to verify, you must pay money... lool. If your parents are alive, pls biko dash them that 1.2million than use it for such visa scam..How many of the people in the company asking for this money have even smelt Lagos airport, talk more of the countries they are listing on there.
They should start by getting themselves the visas! Blind leading the blind.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skrskr: 9:02am On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=spiceeamiee post=85790469][/quote]

Hello. Sorry for delayed response. Been away.
I emailed them stating the refusal decisions and the reason why I think it was incorrect side by side

I emailed like 3 channels, I'm not sure which worked eventually complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk. and probably on their website.

May I know what were the reasons for the refusal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:38am On Jan 24, 2020
Alexiz031:
PROCEDURE( PAVS):
7. Transaction closes
please I need advise.

You will if you don't stay away from those heartless beings called agents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Jan 24, 2020
2horsePOWER:
Hello house! My aunty who is a dental nurse in a FG institution wishes to go for a dental conference in the UK in May. She is a single mom of an 18mnts baby. If she applies, will she be allowed to go with her baby? How will she go about it? And she has once been denied a visit visa 2years ago.

She has to apply for herself and the baby and pay for both, this is not a trip from Lagos to Abuja where you buy one ticket and lap your baby.

She will also need letter of consent from the baby's father else immigration will not allow her to board.

She needs to make an arrangement for child care in the U.K while she is attending the conference because she will not carry the baby into the conference hall.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by greatyou: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2020
Guru's in the house, i need your assistance. i was denied visa based on the information pasted below whereas everything stated there are not what i submitted for review. i filled the form myself and did self upload. Everything in this letter is Ghana (GHS) currency while the form i filled is Nigeria (NGR). i have not been to Ghana and do not have any business in Ghana.
Kindly advice on what to do because they said " there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review" .

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 11:17am On Jan 24, 2020
You should be able to complain about the mix up. It’s not what you signed up for. Was your name addressed on it ?

complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk and public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

greatyou:
Guru's in the house, i need your assistance. i was denied visa based on the information pasted below whereas everything stated there are not what i submitted for review. i filled the form myself and did self upload. Everything in this letter is Ghana (GHS) currency while the form i filled is Nigeria (NGR). i have not been to Ghana and do not have any business in Ghana.
Kindly advice on what to do because they said " there is no right of appeal or right to administrative review" .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 11:29am On Jan 24, 2020
Alexiz031:
PROCEDURE( PAVS):
7. Transaction closes
please I need advise.
It is a scam. Don't do it because these so called agents will mess you up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 12:09pm On Jan 24, 2020
Good afternoon everyone. Please do we upload our checklist with the application? Also what documents are we meant to take to tls?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Johnadelaide00: 12:42pm On Jan 24, 2020
House pls help. I'm scheduled to submit my passport and application at TSL but i jst noticed that d last number on my passport number in application is not the corrcet one. Pls can anything be done or is it negligible
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alexiz031(m): 2:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

It is a scam. Don't do it because these so called agents will mess you up.
thank you very much

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.