Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,317 members, 7,867,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:49 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1472609 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
Iyiolapo2010:
Pls my ppl How much Standard Uk Visa fees now

128$

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2020
Vicas2000:
My dad got his first uk visa Dec 2019, visited the UK in Jan 2020 for 5 weeks like he stated in his visa application and returned to Nigeria. This Visa expires in July 2020.

my question is...can he visit the uk again in June 2020 for three weeks with the same 6 month visa? Anyone has experience using their six month uk visit visa multiple times?

please advise a brother....

Ofcurse yes now...it's multiple ...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ntyce(m): 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Chijiuba:
I guess I got carried away that since the deposits were not in any way influencing my current balance in my salary account and then the narrations of the deposits were clearly stated...well the truth is I don't have any excuse tho because I have seen those warnings on this thread but felt explaining would do it. I overlooked the little details and that cost me.

If I may ask, what's your previous immigration history like?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jerome84(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2020
isentropic:
Hello guys,please I need your candid advice.i applied for 6months visa and I was granted.i couldn't travel last year because I was busy.I have booked ticket to travel early next week.I am a bit concerned about this cornavirus as I will be travelling with toddlers.What happens if i dont use the visa and it expires.i am thinking of cancelling the tickets and allow the Visa to expire.I hope I will get renewal after doing this

Am in same situation, I got the visa December, couldn't travel cos of work and also my wife gave birth recently, I bought tickets from Royal Air moroc for 8th March to stay for 2 weeks and return the worst is that my ticket is not adjustable, am really thinking if it's safe to travel.
Guys in the house please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 8:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
jerome84:

Am in same situation, I got the visa December, couldn't travel cos of work and also my wife gave birth recently, I bought tickets from Royal Air moroc for 8th March to stay for 2 weeks and return the worst is that my ticket is not adjustable, am really thinking if it's safe to travel.

Safe to travel but might not be interesting because you might need to stay indoor during your vacation period and go to some designated places..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
Chijiuba:
Good day all, I collected my passport today and sadly I was refused. I tried to explain the source of some deposits as some of the deposits in which the narration also explains what the deposit was for. But I am guessing because I didn't provide supporting documents. But the gurus will help throw more light and advise me on what to do next.

I dont know why Nigerians still. believe boosting account still works for UK Visas. Consulars now understand that Nigerians would borrow money from every corners to boost their account for visa purposes. Open a new account that only ur salary would be paid into .... for the next 6 months... With this ur salary if them no give you no greet me again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
ntyce:

If I may ask, what's your previous immigration history like?

I have travelled to about 4 west African countries multiple times all for work

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
ijeshaoflondon:

I dont know why Nigerians still. believe boosting account still works for UK Visas. Consulars now understand that Nigerians would borrow money from every corners to boost their account for visa purposes. Open a new account that only ur salary would be paid into .... for the next 6 months... With this ur salary if them no give you no greet me again.

The only money in my account as at the time I printed my account statement was my salary alone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
Chijiuba:

The only money in my account as at the time I printed my account statement was my salary alone.

This visa application thing is only Gods grace and favor, getting it right and they will still say something....you will bounced back close all loop holes and re apply, I'm hopeful as well....God gat us all...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
Chijiuba:

Where were the deposits coming from then ? Were they ur salary? Why did the ECo mentioned that there were unexplained deposit in ur account ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2020
ijeshaoflondon:

Where were the deposits coming from then ? Were they ur salary? Why did the ECo mentioned that there were unexplained deposit in ur account ?

My thought exactly, he claimed he explained them money in the account but without evidence, I'm confused as well.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
ijeshaoflondon:

You didnt get me, I said the monies from the gigs I was doing didnt have any influence on the closing balance when I printed my statement, they were monies that reflected on the account in October, November and december (200, 200, 150k). Which I explained that they were monies paid for gigs I did and the narrations also matched my explanation. But I get your point anyway. Keep salary account to only salary

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 10:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
Veejaytv1:

My thought exactly, he claimed he explained them money in the account but without evidence, I'm confused as well.

What I ment is that I had some deposits in my salary account, which I explained here that in as much as I explained the source of the money I didnt back it up with physical evidence.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:40pm On Mar 02, 2020
Not sure family visa is for visiting close family members and not family friends. What you would need is just the regular tourist visa undecided

DreCharles:
Hello anyone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 11:42pm On Mar 02, 2020
bigtt76:
Not sure family visa is for visiting close family members and not family friends. What you would need is just the regular tourist visa undecided

All of those are now grouped under Standard Visitor Visa, whether visiting family or friends

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 12:00am On Mar 03, 2020
Chijiuba:

You didnt get me, I said the monies from the gigs I was doing didnt have any influence on the closing balance when I printed my statement, they were monies that reflected on the account in October, November and december (200, 200, 150k). Which I explained that they were monies paid for gigs I did and the narrations also matched my explanation. But I get your point anyway. Keep salary account to only salary

ECO is not only interested in closing balance. In fact, regularity of incoming funds is equally as important or even more important. One thing I advise people is try convincing someone around you first before the ECO. Ask a friend if you show them a bank statement that shows some incoming funds which are not monthly salaries with a written explanation, if they will believe you. That’s like your word against any odds but your words wouldn’t count much.

I remember when I applied for my mother inlaw to visit me and wifey. I made her send me her 6 months bank statement. I studied all outgoing and incoming funds and backed up any claims with an explicit cover letter and paper evidence. For funds I sent to her over the course of months, I had receipts from recognised bureau with dates matching the dates the funds entered her account. This is just an example.

I know you now have a clearer understanding of what went wrong. If you are thinking of waiting a while and limiting your salary account to only salaries and no gigs, do not overlook the reasons you were denied this time. Do not assume you can now have a fresh application with bank statements devoid of those gig funds and everything is ok. You must still address the gigs albeit applications are treated on their own merits. They can still refer to your rejected applications. You can still do a more thorough explanation of those gig funds and then have documented proof of all funds for your next application.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 3:17am On Mar 03, 2020
Thanks for clarification

Brightingsus:

All of those are now grouped under Standard Visitor Visa, whether visiting family or friends
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 7:51am On Mar 03, 2020
G.morning house please any body that have applied for family visit should kindly assist. I am filling visiting visa for my son who is a minor, what should I write in the income & expenditure questions

Then how much is 2yrs in naira?
I will appreciate responses. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dolorsa: 8:03am On Mar 03, 2020
DMainMan:

You are welcome
Good day sir. My visa was granted. Thanks a lot. I appreciate everyone who took out time to respond to my questions. God bless us all.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chijiuba: 8:36am On Mar 03, 2020
Brightingsus:

ECO is not only interested in closing balance. In fact, regularity of incoming funds is equally as important or even more important. One thing I advise people is try convincing someone around you first before the ECO. Ask a friend if you show them a bank statement that shows some incoming funds which are not monthly salaries with a written explanation, if they will believe you. That’s like your word against any odds but your words wouldn’t count much.

I remember when I applied for my mother inlaw to visit me and wifey. I made her send me her 6 months bank statement. I studied all outgoing and incoming funds and backed up any claims with an explicit cover letter and paper evidence. For funds I sent to her over the course of months, I had receipts from recognised bureau with dates matching the dates the funds entered her account. This is just an example.

I know you now have a clearer understanding of what went wrong. If you are thinking of waiting a while and limiting your salary account to only salaries and no gigs, do not overlook the reasons you were denied this time. Do not assume you can now have a fresh application with bank statements devoid of those gig funds and everything is ok. You must still address the gigs albeit applications are treated on their own merits. They can still refer to your rejected applications. You can still do a more thorough explanation of those gig funds and then have documented proof of all funds for your next application.

From your explanation it is clear where I got it wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 9:06am On Mar 03, 2020
jerome84:

You can travel at ur own time ..in as much u have ur reason n defend it at POE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 10:03am On Mar 03, 2020
Dolorsa:
Good day sir. My visa was granted. Thanks a lot. I appreciate everyone who took out time to respond to my questions. God bless us all.

Congratulations �

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nappypee(m): 10:07am On Mar 03, 2020
Good day house. Iposted early about using my business account to apply for UK visa. Someone suggested I use both my savings and my business ccount. I do all the personal spending in the same business account. I have a balance of 3m in it. Do I need to transfer some funds that would cover my journey into my savings account since i hardly put money in it before applying for
the UK Visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oak202: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2020
nappypee:
Good day house. Iposted early about using my business account to apply for UK visa. Someone suggested I use both my savings and my business ccount. I do all the personal spending in the same business account. I have a balance of 3m in it. Do I need to transfer some funds that would cover my journey into my savings account since i hardly put money in it before applying for
the UK Visa?

The advise is for you to pay yourself monthly salary from your business account to your personal account . Do not transfer the lump sum for your journey at once.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:22am On Mar 03, 2020
nappypee:
the UK Visa?
What if u meet the impatient eco and ur visa is denied? Is it worth not waiting?
If it’s not for medical treatment which is urgent, every other thing can wait. run your business and savings accounts as separate entities.. they cannot be mixed and u wont be able to explain all the deposits. Eco wants to see the separate accounts and separate spendings as we have been seeing here on this thread. Pay urself a fixed salary monthly and have ur expenses for the trip from this salary account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bigtt76(f): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2020
@embolden .....very apt and necessary! Even when you get the visa issued and you arrive at your destination airport, they still question you with respect to the refused application, so don't think you're off the hook after a refused application and getting issued with a visa later on.

Brightingsus:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gracious13: 10:51am On Mar 03, 2020
How do I track my application Please someone should help me with that ... Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Veejaytv1: 11:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Gracious13:
How do I track my application Please someone should help me with that ... Thanks

From the link sent to you after submission of your application, click on it log in and click on next column and it will redirect you to tls page and click on track and you will see it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:33am On Mar 03, 2020
G.morning house please i need urgent information to my question .Any body that have applied for family visit should kindly assist. I am filling visiting visa for my son who is a minor, what should I write in the income & expenditure questions

Then how much is 2yrs in naira?
I will appreciate responses. Many thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 12:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
So 3 month Salary Account not acceptable??

ijeshaoflondon:

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by drisi: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hi all,
I am about to apply for a UK visit visa with my wife to attend my sister's birthday.

She will take care of our accommodation and upkeep

I work for a hospital and they agreed to sponsor our flights.

However I am worried about several large deposits in my account. The account also shows regular salary payments from the Hospital.

Please house, will the deposit cause a denial of the visa?
If so, How do I get the visa approved?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.