Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442455 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Any update on your application now, I guess it's past 15 working days.

moskito36:
We are in the same shoe... Try to escalate via mail to the UKVI.... I did escalate 13 working days ago, and they r yet to return my passport. Still showing transfer to DMC

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nchabuomo:
Hi guys,

I have a question with regards to family application. I can't seem to see it as a service being offered on TLS website. How do I go about sending in the application as a family as they are just submitting one document. Thanks

Any takers? Please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
I just tracked now, and it is still with DMC. I have sent another mail to ukvi. It is frustrating. What about you?

Ameey:
Any update on your application now, I guess it's past 15 working days.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ameey: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mine is still with DMC too, it's tiring!

moskito36:
I just tracked now, and it is still with DMC. I have sent another mail to ukvi. It is frustrating. What about you?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Fwaz:

They kept requesting for an updated bank statement from me that's why, but thank God they have approved one recently. My tuition was paid in full since December

I’ll be applying this week .. please keep my posted boss .. I don’t now how to send you a private message .. read there’s free airport pickup for a period of time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ameey:
Mine is still with DMC too, it's tiring!

not tiring alone also. frustrating. since March 11th

the most annoyin aspect of it is that they said decision as been made and it will be escalated to passport return

this pandemic no do well o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ss2020: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
moskito36:

Please What's the approximate naira equivalent they charge for a paid email enquiry?
Judging from your post, it seems u have sent mail to them twice now

Mine is still "application received by DMC"
Date of biometric capture was march 18th
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by moskito36(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
I used a dollar card and was charged 8$

ss2020:

Please What's the approximate naira equivalent they charge for a paid email enquiry?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
I think all those that have their application still at the DMC and gotten a message that a decision has been made are plenty.

I am just wondering why one would have to wait 15 working days to collect a passport that a decision has already been made. These people just want to torment us.

I don't think there is any other valid reason why it should be happening. After all, many of us paid huge fees for priority service, IHS, visa fees, walk-in service, assisted service etc. The least we deserve is to get out documents when due. This is not funny anymore.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by johnez1987: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
ss2020:

Mine is 19th, decision made but still at DMC. Told to wait for 15 working days to get it. I don't understand this kind of incompetency or bias. Somebody that applied on the 28th of July will get their documents while you that applied before lockdown and already has a decision would wait extra 15 working days. I no blame them sha.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by babs4all: 4:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
It is well. I wish all applicants favourable outcomes.
I think UK application process is better.
What would I say? Application for visiting visa submitted since 30th of January, 2020. Till date, still under processing. Canada get wahala no be small. You guys should "calm down and sit like this...�".
Na calm down mode I dey since.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:21pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good evening,
Please what will happen if I miss my UK visa appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Someone who has CoS that will expire on 22nd of November. Is it possible/Okey to use the CoS for ur Biometric on first week of November? Will it have any effect on visa decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good evening NL's,
Please had anyone applied for UK visit visa recently?

How was the payment made as I heard that GTB naira mastercard limit is $100.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Xhaka440: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good day guys. I have about 6 months validity left on my passport. Can I apply for a 6 month standard visitor’s visa with it?

Thanks for your anticipated replies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 8:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
Xhaka440:
Good day guys. I have about 6 months validity left on my passport. Can I apply for a 6 month standard visitor’s visa with it?

Thanks for your anticipated replies.

Just get a new passport. You can get a new passport when you have six months' validity left.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Xhaka440: 8:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

Just get a new passport. You can get a new passport when you have six months' validity left.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried renewing. For about two weeks now, but they claim materials aren’t available at the immigration office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Brightingsus: 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
seyewest:
Good evening,
Please what will happen if I miss my UK visa appointment.

Your application would become invalid and you would need to make a fresh application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Brightingsus:

Your application would become invalid and you would need to make a fresh application.

And pay another money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ukay2: 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
seyewest:

And pay another money?

Yes Sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Magnifque01: 10:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
oyin000000:
Well, I have reapplied
Oh really, was it seamless reapplying and how long did u apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mercydecy: 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Good evening everyone, please I'm new here, i would love to apply for visiting visa to the UK with my mom, I'm a final year student and she's a nurse.But the agent is saying 200k each for processing and the chance is 50/50.
The problem is, I'm not cool with the 50/50 chance. And i don't have any traveling history. Please i would love a step by step explanation on how to apply and how to increase our chances of getting it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Skymoore1004: 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
Help me tell that agent I said he/she is a thief!You can completely do it yourself. Agent cannot influence the decision your visa application. Majority of the time, they even make situation worse off.You can always evaluate your chances by yourself. Being a final year student already proves a tie which is good. Applying with your mum is also great bc it shows genuine family interest to just visit. No one would really think that mum & child will just elope on a visit visa in terms where there’s unemployment rate in the U.K.. . Let your mum also be your sponsor if possible & have a sufficient statement of account.
Mercydecy:
Good evening everyone, please I'm new here, i would love to apply for visiting visa to the UK with my mom, I'm a final year student and she's a nurse.But the agent is saying 200k each for processing and the chance is 50/50.
The problem is, I'm not cool with the 50/50 chance. And i don't have any traveling history. Please i would love a step by step explanation on how to apply and how to increase our chances of getting it

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 12:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Xhaka440:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried renewing. For about two weeks now, but they claim materials aren’t available at the immigration office.
oga! thats a lie ,you have to report to Abuja home office on twitter they reply very fast .tell them that d immigration officers are telling u that there are no booklets materials, confirm if its true, they will ask you to send ur pre enrolment number and check for you and tell u to go. They are d ones with d final say go without fear they will give ur passport. They will loose their jobs if they dont, most times, thats how they lie by telling u that materials haven't arrived on and on like that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Xhaka440: 1:03am On Aug 25, 2020
Rheminix:
oga! thats a lie ,you have to report to Abuja home office on twitter they reply very fast .tell them that d immigration officers are telling u that there are no booklets materials, confirm if its true, they will ask you to send ur pre enrolment number and check for you and tell u to go. They are d ones with d final say go without fear they will give ur passport. They will loose their jobs if they dont, most times, thats how they lie by telling u that materials haven't arrived on and on like that.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 1:10am On Aug 25, 2020
opomulero:
Good evening NL's,
Please had anyone applied for UK visit visa recently?

How was the payment made as I heard that GTB naira mastercard limit is $100.

Get someone with a foreign bank card to make the payment for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 2:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Nchabuomo:

Get someone with a foreign bank card to make the payment for you.

is this the only option?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 2:38am On Aug 25, 2020
Trotter01:

Hi, it was a C- Visit 10 years visa. Biometrics on the 6th of August. Took a total of 10 working days.

congrats, pls how did u make payment?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 5:16am On Aug 25, 2020
opomulero:

is this the only option?

To my knowledge, yes, but I could be wrong.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 6:08am On Aug 25, 2020
Xhaka440:

Renewed mine today should be out by end of week. I think the person you are contacting is lieing to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mercydecy: 6:59am On Aug 25, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Help me tell that agent I said he/she is a thief!You can completely do it yourself. Agent cannot influence the decision your visa application. Majority of the time, they even make situation worse off.You can always evaluate your chances by yourself. Being a final year student already proves a tie which is good. Applying with your mum is also great bc it shows genuine family interest to just visit. No one would really think that mum & child will just elope on a visit visa in terms where there’s unemployment rate in the U.K.. . Let your mum also be your sponsor if possible & have a sufficient statement of account.
Thank you very much for the response sir.
Please, how do i start and what are the documents i need to submit and how should I write my introductory letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.