Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,726 members, 7,813,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441315 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:57pm On Sep 10, 2020
VictorFX93:

Can you ask me what’s confusing?? I haven’t been able to sleep, I have to submit documents on Tuesday. And travel history, been to dubai 4 times Ghana once Russian trip from school back home has been 6 trips to and fro since 2018. And Belarus one. Except study none of my visit trip has been more than 12 days
Ok sir
What I was trying to say is this.
For uk visa app, explaining ur finances in the best and simplest possible way is always the best option. I was confused becaus it seemed as if there are too may contributing factors into how ur money and that of ur sponsor is earned.
Pls just write a cover letter and explain everything very very well alongside attaching convincing paper evidence of all these u have stated bcus u will really need to.
U have a bit of travel history and u re a student, from ur 6 trips i guess u are at least half way thru with school.
Put your studentship(all ur documents; read the thread for further info) at the fore of ur application, to at least serve as your major tie.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by VictorFX93: 10:45pm On Sep 10, 2020
giselle237:

Ok sir
What I was trying to say is this.
For uk visa app, explaining ur finances in the best and simplest possible way is always the best option. I was confused becaus it seemed as if there are too may contributing factors into how ur money and that of ur sponsor is earned.
Pls just write a cover letter and explain everything very very well alongside attaching convincing paper evidence of all these u have stated bcus u will really need to.
U have a bit of travel history and u re a student, from ur 6 trips i guess u are at least half way thru with school.
Put your studentship(all ur documents; read the thread for further info) at the fore of ur application, to at least serve as your major tie.
This definitely eased my tension. I will do my best and hope for a good outcome. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yemisih(f): 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2020
Ur COS (if u av )should cover that aspect just get supporting documents frm ur HR , It's a dependent visa
ashieduplus:
Hi Guys

I have a couple of questions

1. I am already a Tier 2 Visa holder, and my wife is applying to join me. Do we need just £630 as the proof of funds or £1,575 (£945+£630)?

2. Would it affect my application one's bank account dips after the application has been made?

Please help @giselle237 @Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fineEagle: 7:15am On Sep 11, 2020
Call the airline to find out, e.g turkish airline does not require a covid test, emirates on the other hand requires it and should be within 96 hours. Call them so you dont get a shocker when you get there.
Steelbangz:
Good day everyone.
Do I need covid test result to fly with BA?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by smocky(f): 8:59am On Sep 11, 2020
Good morning all, please is it a must to buy a return ticket for your visit visa or you can simply buy a one way and get the other when you are ready to come back
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Steelbangz: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2020
fineEagle:
Call the airline to find out, e.g turkish airline does not require a covid test, emirates on the other hand requires it and should be within 96 hours. Call them so you dont get a shocker when you get there.
Thank you. Will do just that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2020
fineEagle:
Please do you know of anyone that travelled with Turkish airline recently without covid test? Did Nigerian immigration try to intimidate him with the covid certificate despite the airline not requesting for it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2020
smocky:
Good morning all, please is it a must to buy a return ticket for your visit visa or you can simply buy a one way and get the other when you are ready to come back
The immigration at the UK airport will request for it if it is your first time. A return ticket is better convincing as it shows your plan to come back. It does not matter if it is extended by some days compared to what you stated in your application. They will definitely require evidence to show there is a plan of going back.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by smocky(f): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2020
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by smocky(f): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2020
Thank you

quote author=famzynet post=93802898]
The immigration at the UK airport will request for it if it is your first time. A return ticket is better convincing as it shows your plan to come back. It does not matter if it is extended by some days compared to what you stated in your application. They will definitely require evidence to show there is a plan of going back. [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lightest(m): 10:29am On Sep 11, 2020
ashieduplus:
Hi Guys

I have a couple of questions

1. I am already a Tier 2 Visa holder, and my wife is applying to join me. Do we need just £630 as the proof of funds or £1,575 (£945+£630)?

2. Would it affect my application one's bank account dips after the application has been made?

Please help @giselle237 @Justwise

find out if ur company od A rated. if it is, u don't need an acct. just write them for a supporting letter that they will make available the said amount for ur wife whe she arrives even though they will not give u.

they might make u sign an agreement with them that they will not make the money available.

but if not A rated, u need the whole money mentioned.

but still hope for more advice from our sseniors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Congratulations....pls any travel history...and where is your submision centre

Travel history to only Portugal and Benin republic (if that counts), VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2020
kwell:

Was it a visitor’s visa please? If I may ask

Yes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oyin000000: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2020
opomulero:

Congratulations,
pls did u do self service or assisted?

Self service
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 11:01am On Sep 11, 2020
lightest:

find out if ur company od A rated. if it is, u don't need an acct. just write them for a supporting letter that they will make available the said amount for ur wife whe she arrives even though they will not give u.

they might make u sign an agreement with them that they will not make the money available.

but if not A rated, u need the whole money mentioned.

but still hope for more advice from our sseniors

Thank you.

What of question 2? What if my account dips AFTER my application has been submitted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 11:35am On Sep 11, 2020
ashieduplus:

Thank you.
What of question 2? What if my account dips AFTER my application has been submitted?
U know the best/safest answer to this question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2020
smocky:

Except you are not a tourist i.e you are student, temporal worker etc.

Please get a return ticket if you are a tourist. The border control officer might deny you entry with a one-way ticket.

P.S I purchased a one-way ticket once and was granted entry but I was also warned not to try that again as a tourist. The immigration official was just extending her discretion to me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ashieduplus(m): 1:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
giselle237:

U know the best/safest answer to this question.

Lol.

Understood
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dami94: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good day everyone...got my passport back from tls today and my application was approved

Visa type- Tier 2 general
Biometrics- 20th August
Collection email- 10th of September
Collection date - 11th of september.

I hope this serves as an encouragement to someone. Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee: 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2020
Congratulations. Abuja or Lagos please.
dami94:
Good day everyone...got my passport back from tls today and my application was approved

Biometrics- 20th August

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 2:41pm On Sep 11, 2020
dami94:

Biometrics- 20th August

congrats, pls which airline will u book ur flights from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejol88: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2020
I have a colleague whose marriage comes up in January and he applied applied for study visa, so he his thinking of withdrawing his application to include the wife to be or should he wait it out after the wedding before inviting his wife to be?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 2:54pm On Sep 11, 2020
dejol88:
I have a colleague whose marriage comes up in January and he applied applied for study visa, so he his thinking of withdrawing his application to include the wife to be or should he wait it out after the wedding before inviting his wife to be?

He can wait after his visa is approved, he can now fill out a dependency application after the wedding.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dejol88: 2:59pm On Sep 11, 2020
Nchabuomo:

He can wait after his visa is approved, he can now fill out a dependency application after the wedding.
Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ollatoye: 3:04pm On Sep 11, 2020
Congrats

dami94:

Biometrics- 20th August

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2020
Good afternoon my people. From this forum, I am aware i can use paga ewallet to make visa payment. Can I use also use it to make IHS payment? I intend completing my application over the weekend so I need guidance before I move funds to my paga wallet. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mosesolawuyi: 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2020
Yesterday, I heeded a member of this forum's advice to go to the TFL Contact Ikeja to find out about my passport but was told that decision had not been made. But I got an email from them this afternoon informing me that my passport is now ready for collection! I hope I will share a positive news here on Tuesday when I will be collecting the passport.
Biometrics was done on 16th March and visa category was visit.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2020
[quote author=dami94 post=93810641]Good day everyone...got my passport back from tls today and my application was approved

Biometrics- 20th August

I hope this serves as an encouragement to someone. Cheers.[/quot

Congratulations on ur visa ....pls is this ur 1st UK Visa ...when u said u got ur visa back ..were u refuse before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2020
Abuja or lagos
dami94:

Biometrics- 20th August

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by soldierboy1001: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2020
I did my biometrics on the 18th of august in Abuja for tier 2 general visa and uptil now no decision. Please who else is experiencing same delay. I feel something is not going too well with Abuja applications at the moment because almost all Lagos applicants of same date have gotten their decisions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fineEagle: 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2020
You are welcome.
Steelbangz:

Thank you. Will do just that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by famzynet: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2020
Can anyone who travelled with Turkish airline over the past 3 days update us on if there is any covid requirement at Lagos airport on boarding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.