Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1449446 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kisibo: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
kindly help.. my brother got his passport today and was refused and he doesn't have access the email he used then.. is there any way to request for the refusal letter with a new email? if yes how can he go about it.. pls help..tx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
Mozidat2301:
U mean there's no way to opt out of this and can I shift to Ikeja instead of vi?

Sorry you can't, cos while filling the TLS contact form you have selected vi as your submission center, the only way u can opt out is if you cancel the appointment and rebook ✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 6:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
Pls is it compulsory to include the 14 day quarantine while applying for a tourist Visa. I actually intend to spend just 5 days. Should I mention 5 days in my application or 19 days(inclusive of the quarantine)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obeauty21: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello house good day to you. I need help from you all conerning my situation.

-I am about applying as a tier 4 dependant as my husband is in the uk on his phd(on full scholarship doesnt cover his dependant)..he has been there for some yrs and recently included me as his dependant while renewing his visa under the new tier 4 scheme.

-Now am abt applying as a dependant but we need clarifications on these issues pl

1) He has some funds in his Naira account and dorm and its been sitting there for several months.The two acc combined will be enough to cover my financial req...but there has been No transactions going in and out of the account. The account is still active tho and my husband requested the bank update to a non-resident status. We know the money ought to be there for minimum 28days and max 30days. Can I make use of the account statements from both acc without any issues with Eco? Will present statements with no transactions also cause problems?

2)Do I still need to submit my acc statement or his account statements will suffice?

3) How do we count the 28days if we are not just transfering the money into his account.

OR

3)I was suggesting to him that maybe we add extra some money to his account so we can use that for simple transactions and the account would not appear dormant with no active transactions. Is this advise wise? And how do we count 28days supposing we follow this route. Will it be nxt day after we transfer the little money we start counting?

4) I have very little money in my account and still trying to start up a small business. Do i still need to present my account statement?.

-5) Does the 28days include weekends too sat&sun.

.......Thank you soo much...I would appreciate your kind advise...Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
delana:
Pls is it compulsory to include the 14 day quarantine while applying for a tourist Visa. I actually intend to spend just 5 days. Should I mention 5 days in my application or 19 days(inclusive of the quarantine)
Mention 5 days. The isolation period will be taken care of after visa has been approved.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 6:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
delana:

Not necessary...Just mention 5days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cyberknight: 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
obeauty21:
Hello house good day to you. I need help from you all conerning my situation.

-I am about applying as a tier 4 dependant as my husband is in the uk on his phd(on full scholarship doesnt cover his dependant)..he has been there for some yrs and recently included me as his dependant while renewing his visa under the new tier 4 scheme.

-Now am abt applying as a dependant but we need clarifications on these issues pl

1) He has some funds in his Naira account and dorm and its been sitting there for several months.The two acc combined will be enough to cover my financial req...but there has been No transactions going in and out of the account. The account is still active tho and my husband requested the bank update to a non-resident status. We know the money ought to be there for minimum 28days and max 30days. Can I make use of the account statements from both acc without any issues with Eco? Will present statements with no transactions also cause problems?

2)Do I still need to submit my acc statement or his account statements will suffice?

3) How do we count the 28days if we are not just transfering the money into his account.

OR

3)I was suggesting to him that maybe we add extra some money to his account so we can use that for simple transactions and the account would not appear dormant with no active transactions. Is this advise wise? And how do we count 28days supposing we follow this route. Will it be nxt day after we transfer the little money we start counting?

4) I have very little money in my account and still trying to start up a small business. Do i still need to present my account statement?.

-5) Does the 28days include weekends too sat&sun.

.......Thank you soo much...I would appreciate your kind advise...Thank you.

1. Yes. No.
2. If its been there for 28 days, you're fine.
3. No need to show transactions.
4. No.
5. Yes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by obeauty21: 8:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
Cyberknight:

1. Yes. No.
2. If its been there for 28 days, you're fine.
3. No need to show transactions.
4. No.
5. Yes.

@cyberknight...Many thanks smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
royalmu:
Mention 5 days. The isolation period will be taken care of after visa has been approved.
Thanks a lot for the response, in the event that I will be sponsored for the trip, asides my sponsor's bank statement, is it compulsory to also include mine as well and how do I show them that the funds in sponsor's account will be available to me. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
kunzzy4me:

Not necessary...Just mention 5days
Thanks for the response. In the event that I will be sponsored by my dad, do I have to attach my bank statement in addition to his own. How do I show them that the funds in his account will be available to me ? Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nengisbestie(f): 9:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
Good evening house. We finally did our application. But we are having issues with the documents part. It won’t show an option where we can scan and send our documents. Please I need responses thanks everyone. We stopped at the part we were asked to pay 130 dollars
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 9:37pm On Nov 24, 2020
delana:

Thanks a lot for the response, in the event that I will be sponsored for the trip, asides my sponsor's bank statement, is it compulsory to also include mine as well and how do I show them that the funds in sponsor's account will be available to me. Thanks in anticipation
Yes, you can include yours. Your sponsor will have to write sponsorship letter stating that he/she is ready to sponsor your trip and also state that the funds in his/her will be available to you. In addition, your sponsor should state the relationship between you guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by delana(m): 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
royalmu:
Yes, you can include yours. Your sponsor will have to write sponsorship letter stating that he/she is ready to sponsor your trip and also state that the funds in his/her will be available to you. In addition, your sponsor should state the relationship between you guys.
Thank you very much. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
alert20:

Sorry you can't, cos while filling the TLS contact form you have selected vi as your submission center, the only way u can opt out is if you cancel the appointment and rebook ✌️
ok thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
sdakin:
I applied at Ikeja on d 4 of sept
How far with your application? Was your visa approved?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please where they asked for the monthly expenses for someone that has irregular monthly expenses like 75k, 90k, 120k , pls do I have to add them together and divide by no of months or choose the least debit of the months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:11am On Nov 25, 2020
Nengisbestie:
Good evening house. We finally did our application. But we are having issues with the documents part. It won’t show an option where we can scan and send our documents. Please I need responses thanks everyone. We stopped at the part we were asked to pay 130 dollars
Go to each email address used.
Log urself back into the application using the log in details from the email.
While inside u will then be able to download checklist,
Book biometrics location and date and have the option to upload ur documents.
This option to upload your documents by yourself is self service and is free of charge so be on the look out for this.
U need to repeat this process for every member of the family.
So that ur application can get merged together on biometrics date, try ur best to secure same date and time for each family member. Works best this way.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nuamike: 1:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Good people. Please I am currently in the UK. I got my visa in October and left Nigeria October. During my visa application I indicated single as at then. But I intend on getting married this December. Will my spouse be able to get approval for dependant visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Tomyusf141: 2:16am On Nov 25, 2020
nuamike:
Good people. Please I am currently in the UK. I got my visa in October and left Nigeria October. During my visa application I indicated single as at then. But I intend on getting married this December. Will my spouse be able to get approval for dependant visa?

First off , do You intend getting married to her in the UK or Nigeria?

In my opinion, since you indicated single as at when applying for the Visa she wouldn’t be able to get approval for dependent visa. (Happened to someone I know )

Idk if the circumstances has changed now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cerebrae(m): 2:44am On Nov 25, 2020
nuamike:

Yes your spouse will get a dependent visa

What Visa are you on?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kisibo: 4:21am On Nov 25, 2020
kisibo:
kindly help.. my brother got his passport today and was refused and he doesn't have access the email he used then.. is there any way to request for the refusal letter with a new email? if yes how can he go about it.. pls help..tx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fuadayo: 4:53am On Nov 25, 2020
Please those Nigerian intending to travel to UK are they required to do covid test in Nigeria. I heard Nigeria airport asks for it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 5:34am On Nov 25, 2020
dubaiprince:

It is compulsory I think. I went for my biometrics at VI too. Whether it is applicable for Ikeja is what I don't know. For you to get to this point, I guess you can't go back to select Ikeja.
pls how much in naira did you pay and which ATM card did you used cos I have tried access and zenith , it's not going through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 7:27am On Nov 25, 2020
Mozidat2301:
pls how much in naira did you pay and which ATM card did you used cos I have tried access and zenith , it's not going through

Use the paga option and input those card details ✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 7:59am On Nov 25, 2020
Mozidat2301:

I used my standard chartered naira card and N30,574 was deducted from my account. Like someone mentioned, you should be able to use paga. I don't know how to go about that though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nuamike: 9:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Cerebrae:

Yes your spouse will get a dependent visa

What Visa are you on?
Student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nuamike: 9:02am On Nov 25, 2020
Tomyusf141:

In my opinion, since you indicated single as at when applying for the Visa she wouldn’t be able to get approval for dependent visa. (Happened to someone I know )

In Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nuamike: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Tomyusf141:

What do you advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 10:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Pls , has anyone applied at Victoria island for biometrics , pls which ATM did U use to pay the user pay fee of £55 , urgent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by akayd: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2020
Good morning Gurus,
My cover letter should be uploaded under what category please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2020
akayd:
Good morning Gurus,
My cover letter should be uploaded under what category please?

You can upload it under employment evidence, don't really think it matters to specify though, because at the end you will be asked to print your uploading evidence I think TLS will still arrange it Wella since you are uploading through their website.... My thought though, other guru's will see to it shallom ✌️

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.