Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1448763 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 11:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
My mum is also retired. I have applied for visa for her twice, both granted.
The person who will sponsor between you and hubby should not matter, as long as the person has a valid leave in the UK and you can prove your relationship with them.
In the letter of invitation, your husband to explain that he will sponsor flight and everything. With this, they might not really consider their statements.
Either your hubby alone or both of you submit your Statement, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure the statement you will submit is robust enough to cover their expenses.
If your parents have monthly pension coming into their accounts, it might worth printing out and submit.
You must be able to show evidence of their tie to home. You can attach copies of their properties in Nigeria.
Keep your application simple and uncomplicated. Show your relationship to them via your birth certificate and marriage certificate.

That’s my personal experience and has worked for me.
Amount that you will quote for total trip should be in moderation.
Cheers.

narpheesarh:
Dear Gurus in the house. My husband plan to invite my parents and sponsor the trip including flights. They will also be staying with us at our house when they arrive. My dad is retired but now runs a business. My mum also run her own small business. Will both of them be required to submit their bank statements since it's my husband sponsorsing the trip. Their bank statements will likely have irregular funds due to business, and I'm afraid it may affect their application. Could you please advice. Many thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DrOBD(m): 12:38am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello house, I have a question regarding UK NARIC.

I sent in my transcript and statement of result for assessment, and below is the response I got:

Dear XYZ,

We can provide an assessment of your BA based on the final degree examinations results, however please note that we have not been provided with a copy of your final certificate. As a result, the following sentence will be included in your letter: "although no final certificate has been presented, evidence of successful course completion has been provided". Please note that this sentence does not affect the level of the assessment or its validity. Of you wish to continue on this basis, please click on the following icon in the action column. If you do not wish for this sentence to be included in your assessment please upload a copy of your final degree certificate before your assessment is completed and posted. If you are unable to send in your final certificate and you wish to send it in at a later date, then we will charge you extra £ plus VAT plus your delivery charge to reissue your statement. Kind regards, UK NARIC.

Due to the ongoing ASUU strike, I am unable to process my final certificate at this time. Do you think it will be a problem if I proceed with my statement/transcript? Dear house, kindly advise

@justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 2:49am On Dec 08, 2020
hello,

I submitted an application sponsoring my sister’s UK tourist visa on Sunday Dec 6, how many days do I have to submit or upload supporting documents?

Do I have to wait till Biometric appointment date (18 Dec) or it can be done now?

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlycutebay(f): 4:49am On Dec 08, 2020
Nchabuomo:

You can use your phone.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by raibrahim: 5:25am On Dec 08, 2020
Hello house. My UK 6 months tourist visa expired in October because of covid I was unable to travel. Do I need to go through same process I did before to re apply ? . If not please I need advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:35am On Dec 08, 2020
damkanlinsin:
Hello everyone please your kindly advise is needed here.
I want to travel to the UK for visit. But I’m really confused at some points.
My father about 10 years back was deported from UK for overstay.
I applied for a visa year 2012 then I was in school and was not granted because My sponsor didn’t show source of fund. so I continued with studies.
I started a business after school since 2017 but not registered and 2018 I traveled to Dubia for 3months. Came back with no issues.
2019 I registered my business. And things going well. Now 2020 I plan to apply for UK visa again.

After asking a friend about it. He said I must indicate in my form that my father was deported before. Please is this right at all. Or big red flag for me. Should I do this or just indicate that no.
I dnt think there is anywhere on the visitor form that they ask whether your parents have been deported. They simply ask about you and you.
The place ur parents info come up is when they ask for their names and date of birth. That’s all.
The rest of the information esp the travel history, visa refusals, crime, deportation etc is about you or if u have family in the UK. Not about ur parents own immigration history.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:36am On Dec 08, 2020
raibrahim:
Hello house. My UK 6 months tourist visa expired in October because of covid I was unable to travel. Do I need to go through same process I did before to re apply ? . If not please I need advice.
Yes the visa has expired. If u desire to travel you need reapply. Start the process all over again and pay the money.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:38am On Dec 08, 2020
mumayo:
hello,

I submitted an application sponsoring my sister’s UK tourist visa on Sunday Dec 6, how many days do I have to submit or upload supporting documents?
Do I have to wait till Biometric appointment date (18 Dec) or it can be done now?
thank you
U have to start now to upload since she is on self service. When u are done uploading, then print out the final submission list. Please do not click on submit if u are not done as u would not be able to add any documents again. I repeat, click submission only when u re done.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adebayobest: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2020
congratulation,for 14days isolation are you staying in hotel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 10:17am On Dec 08, 2020
giselle237:

I dnt think there is anywhere on the visitor form that they ask whether your parents have been deported. They simply ask about you and you.
The place ur parents info come up is when they ask for their names and date of birth. That’s all.
The rest of the information esp the travel history, visa refusals, crime, deportation etc is about you or if u have family in the UK. Not about ur parents own immigration history.

Thank you so much for that I really appreciate it a lot. Please in my bank statement the inflow is good but I recently bought some goods for business which has made my closing balance low to 450k. I was think can I still apply with it. Like it wait till make sales and raise it up to millions again. Because I can’t keep much money in my bank and not run my business. Just your enlightenment will help me here thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2020
damkanlinsin:

Thank you so much for that I really appreciate it a lot. Please in my bank statement the inflow is good but I recently bought some goods for business which has made my closing balance low to 450k. I was think can I still apply with it. Like it wait till make sales and raise it up to millions again. Because I can’t keep much money in my bank and not run my business. Just your enlightenment will help me here thanks

Hello damkan, i have realised that most times coming on here just to ask the gurus question and then exiting isn’t always the best. Please take ur time to read previoussss postttsss, u wud see alot of refusal letters and learn from them.

You are about to make a visit visa application with yur business SOA, but we have been advised countlessly on here not try such as it reduces our success rate. You wouldn’t be aware because you haven’t read some previous posts, you probably just joined the thread.

Make the application sir/ma with a personal account..... and please read some previous posts . It can be strenuous but if yu can read 50 pages at least back you wud see some vital info
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by damkanlinsin(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2020
[quote author=Irenenwaka post=96851646]

Hello damkan, i have realised that most times coming on here just to ask the gurus question and then exiting isn’t always the best. Please take ur time to read previoussss postttsss, u wud see alot of refusal letters and learn from them.

You are about to make a visit visa application with yur business SOA, but we have been advised countlessly on here not try such as it reduces our success rate. You wouldn’t be aware because you haven’t read some previous posts, you probably just joined the thread.

Make the application sir/ma with a personal account..... and please read some previous posts . It can be strenuous but if yu can read 50 pages at least back you wud see some vital info[/quoteo]

Thank you I will take your advice and read it over thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 11:30am On Dec 08, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Hello Narpheesarh, while we await the gurus in the house let me chip in my little input.

Firstly we have been advised over and over again not to ever include business statement of accounts in visit visa application, cause like we already know no business statement of account has consistent earnings. This reduces the chances of success drastically.....so just dont include the business financial statement of both of your parents.

Secondly.... if its not an urgent visit then i will suggest they pay themselves salary from thier business account to a personal account for about 6 months.

Thirdly.... if its an urgernt visit, i will suggest you dont include thier statement of accounts at all. just include your husbands statement since he is fully sponsoring them....... please note, i am not very sure about this option. i dont about thier chances of success without their SOA, although i think i met an individual on here who claimed to have gotten a visit visa without submitting her SOA becuase she was fully sponsored. like i said i cant verify this , but other gurus can add to this.

finally, i am in your situation as well. i want to invite my mum, she does a business as well but will be fully sponsored by my husband and i .... i will be approaching her application in february 2021 with the second option/point i stated (she satrted the salary thingy around september)........kindly note that, my mum has been refused visit visa twice for my wedding (on both occassions she included her business SOA) , so i have learnt enough lessons loool. you can click on my profile to view my previous posts, both refusal letters were posted. i think you wud learn from it. thnks

This is misleading. I really don’t know why you keep peddling this misleading information,
One can use business account to make a successful account and you don’t need to pay yourself salary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 11:49am On Dec 08, 2020
embarassed
justwise:

This is misleading. I really don’t know why you keep peddling this misleading information,
One can use business account to make a successful account and you don’t need to pay yourself salary
I am not a guru true but we live by results.
I do not think it is misleading. We have seen countless of refusa letters on this same thread were the visa officer pointed out what the poster u quoted said.

Even in the last 10 pages, those with success followed a routine almost in tandem with what she subscribed.

I stand with irenewaka’s version BASED OFF THE SUCCESS RATES WE HAVE SEEN ON THIS THREAD.
Until i see success rate with wht u alluded above is proven, sorry my opinion aligns with Irene.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2020
justwise:

Justwise, thanks for getting involved .....we learn from yu all gurus�

I haven’t said it is impossible to get a visa with a business account.....i have said it reduces success rate.

Now this has been said as a result of analysing the denial stories on the thread thus far. 80 in 100 people who have used the business SOA has been refused.

Now i believe due to the fluctuations in business accounts one must be extra careful and cautious in explaining finances. So i would say business SOA requires way more care and detailed explanation and wen not given leads to refusal.
But going the personal account route saves alot of stress....here in the uk alot of business owners pay themselves salary because actually ur funds in business account shud b for business and not vacations or other personal things

Please sir justwise which of these is misleading/incorrect i am personally here to learn.

5 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Oggg:
embarassed
I do not think it is misleading. We have seen countless of refusa letters on this same thread were the visa officer pointed out what the poster u quoted said.

Even in the last 10 pages, those with success followed a routine almost in tandem with what she subscribed.

I stand with irenewaka’s version BASED OFF THE SUCCESS RATES WE HAVE SEEN ON THIS THREAD.
Until i see success rate with wht u alluded above is proven, sorry my opinion aligns with Irene.

Thank you oggg... justwise all we are doing here is analysing data and not just making decisions from the blues�

Insightful data can never be misleading.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broskyjames: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good morning good people...pls i need advise and help. A close family relation applied for Uk's EEA family permit to join her husband in the Uk. She has a five year old daughter, her Interview date was on the 16th of September, however on the said day, they said she has to book a separate interview for her daughter, which she did using express, her daughter had her interview two days later, mind you she is stated on the daughters application as the legal guardian to bring her to the UK since she's under 21. Now granted her daughter the Visa and her passport has been returned since two weeks ago, and before it was returned TLS and UKVI were sending updates via email, but her case has been different, no updates via mail and more than 45 days now , her passport hasn't been returned..pls good people what next step can she take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
giselle237:

U have to start now to upload since she is on self service. When u are done uploading, then print out the final submission list. Please do not click on submit if u are not done as u would not be able to add any documents again. I repeat, click submission only when u re done.
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mumayo: 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
giselle237:

won’t this early submission affect documents like bank statements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mozidat2301: 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
Irenenwaka:

i would strongly advise Mozidat that you stay clear of anything illegal. Its illegal to work with a tourist visa. Now some people might tell you stories of how they have managed to find their around it, but remember everyones luck isnt same. you might try just once and get caught. if this happens yu might hv to say goodbye to the uk for 10 years.

once again my sis/bro i would strongly advise you stay clear no matter how hard the temptation comes grin grin....if you have to do breach the law then be ready to be very smart about it, but personally i would rather save my integrity, name and future.
thks , I thought it can be used just like in Dubai
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
mumayo:
won’t this early submission affect documents like bank statements
If biometrics date is dec 18, u can submit uptill few hours before dec 18. It is not early submission. U can print bank statement on dec 17 and submit dec 17.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by taolut: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can shed some lights into the refusal below.

So we have applied for my step son to come visit for Christmas. He has never applied before, was never interested to be honest. He is currently un Law School, cue to famish in May 2021, resumption date is 4th January.

We supplied all the information to prove this in the application, enough funds and every other requirements met. The VO has said even though he agrees that he is in school, he notices that the school was meant to end in 2020 - obviously Covid has extended this to 2021, and we attached the resumption date details and all to the application.

I feel they have just found a flimsy excuse to deny him and I am seriously considering getting in touch with UK Visa themselves but just wondering if anyone has any advice? Like how else are you suppose to prove the extension of study if not the official resumption letter from Law School and all which was attached.

Thanks

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Pompoms(f): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
Good afternoon!
I picked up my children's passports toady. Visas granted.

Thanks to every contributor on this thread. God bless you.

iyatrustee:

1. For form submission, Everybody has to fill a seperate form. However, link them by referring to each other wherever they ask if you are travelling with any other person. For Biometrics, Try and book appointment for same day even if it is not same time. Go at the first appointment time and let the staff at TLS know, they will merge all 3 applications into one. For collection, once they are captured together, you can be rest assured collection will be together as it is same ECO that will treat the application.

2. When i applied for my kids, all i did was put a bugdet! I didn't breakdown into expense heads. If you choose to, please go ahead and include sightseeing, transportation etc but leave out shopping(It is not a must)

3. Yes. Same itinerary would suffice for all 3kids

4. Include your current visa, expired visa's if you choose to also, marriage certificate. Their school documents will also help. You can get a letter from their educational provider addressed to UKVI to that effect.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Oggg:
embarassed

Have you also seen refusals on non- business people? I mean I have been running this thread for 10yrs plus now and I’m telling you that a lot of business people have been given a visa and you rate talking about last ten pages?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
Irenenwaka:

Justwise, thanks for getting involved .....we learn from yu all gurus�

I haven’t said it is impossible to get a visa with a business account.....i have said it reduces success rate.

Now this has been said as a result of analysing the denial stories on the thread thus far. 80 in 100 people who have used the business SOA has been refused.

Now i believe due to the fluctuations in business accounts one must be extra careful and cautious in explaining finances. So i would say business SOA requires way more care and detailed explanation and wen not given leads to refusal.
But going the personal account route saves alot of stress....here in the uk alot of business owners pay themselves salary because actually ur funds in business account shud b for business and not vacations or other personal things

Please sir justwise which of these is misleading/incorrect i am personally here to learn.

Do you know any business person who earns the same amount every month or year?

Adding business account absolutely necessary land it’s not a bad thing when applying as a business person, in fact not including it will lead to refusal as it acts as your source of income and tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DrOBD(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
Due to the ongoing ASUU strike, I am unable to process my final certificate at this time. Do you think it will be a problem if I proceed with my statement/transcript? Dear house, kindly advise.

@justwise

justwise:
[/b]

Do you know any business person who earns the same amount every month or year?

Adding business account absolutely necessary land it’s not a bad thing when applying as a business person, in fact not including it will lead to refusal as it acts as your source of income and tie to Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by narpheesarh: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Marytee2:
My mum is also retired. I have applied for visa for her twice, both granted.
The person who will sponsor between you and hubby should not matter, as long as the person has a valid leave in the UK and you can prove your relationship with them.
In the letter of invitation, your husband to explain that he will sponsor flight and everything. With this, they might not really consider their statements.
Either your hubby alone or both of you submit your Statement, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure the statement you will submit is robust enough to cover their expenses.
If your parents have monthly pension coming into their accounts, it might worth printing out and submit.
You must be able to show evidence of their tie to home. You can attach copies of their properties in Nigeria.
Keep your application simple and uncomplicated. Show your relationship to them via your birth certificate and marriage certificate.

That’s my personal experience and has worked for me.
Amount that you will quote for total trip should be in moderation.
Cheers.

Thank you for your time and response. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rogerz: 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Guru's in the house, please help me look into my wife refusal. We plan to apply again what do you think we are not doing right. Pls i will appreciate and this is her third time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
DrOBD:

Due to the ongoing ASUU strike, I am unable to process my final certificate at this time. Do you think it will be a problem if I proceed with my statement/transcript? Dear house, kindly advise.

@justwise

What type of visa are you applying for?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
rogerz:
Guru's in the house, please help me look into my wife refusal. We plan to apply again what do you think we are not doing right. Pls i will appreciate and this is her third time.

1. Your budget for 9 days holiday is higher than your income

2. You made some unexplained deposit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
rogerz:
Give it a rest. 3 refusals is already looking bad. Do not apply again. Wait for sometime because u are goin to appear desperate and you dnt want that. There are other tourist places pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2020
justwise:

Thank you, I've been seeing the comment about not using business account and I've been wondering. I used business account and personal account and visa was approved. There was no specific salary payment either. Anyways, I guess differnt VO with their different opinion and ofcourse they will have to check other circumstances .

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.