Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446562 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 10:34am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:
@Menakay

I know your game here and I will keep an eye on you

Justwise please come and help me out. I plan to visit my sister and other interesting site at the uk in October. I earn 378k per month but my housing is paid in advance and deducted monthly from my salary which makes me receive 238k. I have explained this in my cover letter and it is reflected on my payslip.

Now the problem is my budget is 241k for flight and 100k for transport making a total of 341k. I plan to stay for two weeks. My sister will be providing accommodation and feeding she has stated this on her letter. Does the budget look good? Cos I am worried that the embassy may take N238k x 2 as a measure of my spending. Thanks as always to respond to this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
okposm:

Justwise please come and help me out. I plan to visit my sister and other interesting site at the uk in October. I earn 378k per month but my housing is paid in advance and deducted monthly from my salary which makes me receive 238k. I have explained this in my cover letter and it is reflected on my payslip.

Now the problem is my budget is 241k for flight and 100k for transport making a total of 341k. I plan to stay for two weeks. My sister will be providing accommodation and feeding she has stated this on her letter. Does the budget look good? Cos I am worried that the embassy may take N238k x 2 as a measure of my spending. Thanks as always to respond to this.

What is your monthly expenses?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:49am On Jul 27, 2019
okposm:

The budget is good and will not stretch your salary that much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2019
Well to say the truth of don't really calculate but normally it should be in the range of 40 to 70k. An exception is when I am buying something for my house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2019
Seeyat:

What is your monthly expenses?

Well to say the truth of don't really calculate but normally it should be in the range of 40 to 70k. An exception is when I am buying something for my house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 10:54am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

The budget is good and will not stretch your salary that much.

Ok thanks so much for giving your time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by okposm: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2019
Gurus in the house I forgot to mention this part. My employment letter states date of resumption as 16th. But on the part on I was supposed to sign the acceptance they made a mistake and put 15th. As at then what I did was, I stroke 15th and put 16th then signed there. I couldn't tell then them to change it cos we had a back and forth discussion on salary and it was already bringing issues with the hr as at then. Will this constitute a misrepresentation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

Addressed to the embassy
OK thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by miqos02(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2019
Candybright:
Visa granted
Biometrics 12th July
Collected 26th July
Priority
Used 2 online downloaded bank statement, salary account and personal account.

so fast
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2019
okposm:

This looks pretty good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gbemzow: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2019
Hello my good people, Justwise and others thank you so much for educating us well on this platform, you are all blessed. I applied with my two daughters and did our biometrics On 20th June, on the 12th of July I received the pick up mail for two out of the three applications, I decided to wait for a week more to go and pick up the three passports, after waiting till the 22nd July, I went to Victoria island to pick up the two since we haven't received the third email. Upon getting home and I noticed that my name was misspelt on the tourist visa issued to me, has anybody experienced this? The surname was spelt correctly First name had the last letter missing and the middle name had Gbbmiola instead of Gbemisola, what can I do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dj4tolex: 12:07pm On Jul 27, 2019
Please, how do I go about Uk transit Visa? I would be travelling to Barbados, and there will be a stopover in London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gbemzow:
Hello my good people, Justwise and others thank you so much for educating us well on this platform, you are all blessed. I applied with my two daughters and did our biometrics On 20th June, on the 12th of July I received the pick up mail for two out of the three applications, I decided to wait for a week more to go and pick up the three passports, after waiting till the 22nd July, I went to Victoria island to pick up the two since we haven't received the third email. Upon getting home and I noticed that my name was misspelt on the tourist visa issued to me, has anybody experienced this? The surname was spelt correctly First name had the last letter missing and the middle name had Gbbmiola instead of Gbemisola, what can I do?

Please contact them immediately to get this corrected

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
dj4tolex:
Please, how do I go about Uk transit Visa?
I would be travelling to Barbados, and there will be a stopover in London.

How long is your stopover?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dj4tolex: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

How long is your stopover?
18hrs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gbemzow: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2019
Thanks Justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
dj4tolex:

18hrs

If you are not leaving the airport into the UK then you don't need transit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
Gbemzow:
Thanks Justwise

No worries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dj4tolex: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

If you are not leaving the airport into the UK then you don't need a transit visa

My flight arrive at 4:30 pm and depart at 11:20 am the following day. Since I would be passing the night, does it mean i might leave the airport?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Jul 27, 2019
dj4tolex:

My flight arrive at 4:30 pm and depart at 11:20 am the following day. Since I would be passing the night, d[b]oes it mean i might leave the airport?
[/b]

That is entirely up to you but if you decided to get into the UK then you have to apply for transit visa or stay inside the airport

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dj4tolex: 1:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

That is entirely up to you, but if you decided to get into the UK then you have to apply for a transit visa or stay inside the airport

Thank you for this information.

I do not have any intention to get into the UK. would be inside the airport. So i guess i do not need to bother myself about the transit visa. Thank you once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
dj4tolex:

Thank you for this information.

I do not have any intention to get into the UK. would be inside the airport. So i guess i do not need to bother myself about the transit visa. Thank you once again

That will be a long one..heathrow airport is a big so you will enjoy walking around
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dj4tolex: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

That will be a long one..heathrow airport is a big so you will enjoy walking around

thanks boss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
freshskillz:
Guys I’m a Nigerian student current studying somewhere in Asia ,my dad is a German citizen but he lives in the UK ,I want to apply for an EEA family visit visa ,we have a Dna test conducted already to proof he’s my dad,what are my chances of getting the visa
Someone should give me a reply please
Thanks
Nobody can tell you the chances of getting the visa, you need to submit documents to convince the ECO that you will be going back after visiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Candybright: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
dj4tolex:
Please, how do I go about Uk transit Visa?
I would be travelling to Barbados, and there will be a stopover in London.
You will need UK visa since you'll be changing airport from London Heathrow to Gatwick. Apply for normal UK visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by EasyMoney007: 6:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
favoredgal:

Up to you really...
my budget was 2,000 pounds. my visit is a week...my school fees is about 10m in total and i already paid a good part of it.

Just make sure all your documents are logical, that is what matters

Alright thanks.
How long did it take before your response came From the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osemigho: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2019
Smara:

Hi, can you help me

Okay. With what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 7:51pm On Jul 27, 2019
TJ18:

It doesn't have to be related. What matters most is your COS. Tier 2 visa is point based and straightforward if you have all required documents. I got mine this week and my course of study is different from my job offer.

How do you guys manage to find jobs in the UK that gives sponsorship for work visa? Do you find them only or where
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osemigho: 8:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
London visit had come and gone. Below are some lesson learnt.

1. Airbnb accommodation is a cheaper alternative to a hotel for people that are willing to cook. We, my girlfriend and I, spent about 100 pounds for six days feeding because we cooked daily.
2. For those willing to take a train from the Airport, insist on buying Oyster card at the airport. We could have saved about 24 pounds but a customer care rep. lied to us that we cannot get Oyster card at the airport. We bought train tickets there, only to see another stall selling Oyster card. We ended up buying that too for about 50 pounds each for a week trip around London.
3. Avoid the train if you have many pieces of luggage. Having to lift and move our pieces of baggage, luggage, etc was a nightmare. I tried to be a man, but even strangers had to help us sometimes. This was one of our worst but memorable experience upon entering London. We avoided it by taking a cab (about 50 pounds) to Heathrow airport during departure.
4. Primark seems to be a good place to shop. Compare to most of my experience in Canada, Primark offers low price products generally below 20 pounds. I think I bought some 3-pound shirt and female bags around 15 pounds.

I will continue to update as it goes.

8 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Smara(f): 9:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
Osemigho:

Okay. With what?

Do I need to go to a consultant or can I do it myself in applying for studies in canada embarassed I’m so overwhelmed cry and discouraged with some stuffs I see online! I’m thinking I’m not even eligible to try!

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.