Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1449846 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 4:17pm On May 20, 2021
giselle237:
i dnt like touching this eea family stuff.. sorry.
A quick one tho, this refusal notification highlighted like 5 points.. let her start from there. I am sure others will come to her aid here
Giselle, please don’t be angry o. Me sef I’m confused, is it different from our own type of application? She’s my elder brother’s mother in law & has been applying for years with series of refusal/rejection. Please, just enlighten me a little, I’ll still be waiting for other gurus in the house.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 20, 2021
sandra50:
Good morning house..please can someone put me through on the best way to apply for a UK visa..I applied for a UK visa last year November and was denied..I actually used an agent which I regret now..I gave the agent my passport and statement of account and went for my interview November 27th,then January I got denied but I was not told the reason by the agent..500,000 was returned from the 600,000 thousand initial payment I gave him

Last month I bought a US visa form because I had some one over there that wanted us to get married..an American but we are nolonger together..I wasn't able to get an an appointment date so I let the money go..I was actually told that I wouldn't get an appointment date but my man at that time insisted I buy the form that maybe I will be lucky..

Now I want to go back and apply for a UK visa..I have my private account and a company account,I have never used the company account which I opened 2018,i have never used the company account for any transaction only my private account..
Now my challenge is this..I intended to build my company and private account for six months and then apply for a UK visa November or December but my passport will expire April 2022 and I'm expected to have 6 months valid passport before I can apply and I read some where that Bihari has ordered the immigration to stop issuing passport for now..please can someone tell me the right way to go about this..thanks.
You gave an agent your international passport,600k AND statement of account.I’m beyond shocked.If you are denied a refusal letter is issued to you stating why not the agent.
Guys come on!.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 20, 2021
Ehimeomo:
House please I need ur advise, @giselle & every other member please, remember I was given 5yrs some weeks back but this is for my in-law, she was refused & can’t place my hands on why but I will attach the refusal letter. Please, what should be corrected/next step as she is eligible for appeal?
Good evening.I feel it is a straight forward rejection letter and she does not qualify for appeal except you feel they have said something that isn’t true.The onus is on you to prove direct dependency.
They do not doubt you are telling the truth and have acknowledged they have enough proof that he is an individual living legally there but the issue is the the information provided was not enough to convince the case worker as it is not up to date.
First issue;
We are in 2021but she submitted his hrmc from years back they require it it be within the last three months.(Hrmc p60 is updated every April Tax year so where is his copy for 2020 and 2021?.Get this and back it up with current letter from employer,payslips and ID card.If he is a sponsor they need to know he has a job now not before.
Second issue;
She says he has lived here for nearly 18years and she provided transfers to cover only two years so can she provide more evidence of how he has sent her money since he is her financial sponsor and it is assumed she depends on him.Proof of essential gifts,phone calls and such.
These are the Two reasons for the refusal correct this in your next application.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 6:29pm On May 20, 2021
How many days did you say you will stay in the UK?

Did you attach your dad's statement of account or he transfered your travelling expenses to your account?

How much did you budget for your trip ?

Ih123:
Hi everyone

Just want to say thank you for all the help on this platform.

I got my visa in 3 days. I paid for priority last week Thursday and collected my passport today. I've been denied Visa to France (Lol) before. I got 2 years Visa . I was sponsored by my dad (as a birthday present) even though I currently work and have over 10,000 GBP in my salary savings account.

What I did was to attach my proof of employment,pay slip, salary statement, ID card and then my father wrote a letter of financial support which I got notarized.

I also explained that I would like to travel now since uk is gradually easing off restrictions and that I would quarantine for 5 days with the test to release option.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sandra50(f): 6:51pm On May 20, 2021
I had wanted to but they he didn't send it maybe because I wasn't serious about it then..he said it's because of covid and they didn't stamp my passport..I will ask him again for the information.
giselle237:
sandra pls can u get all the details from the last uk application so u are sure this your agent has not filled one information which u re not able to continue... any change or discrepancies will open room for more scrutiny plus or minus denial et ban if deception was used.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sandra50(f): 6:52pm On May 20, 2021
I actually asked him to send the letter that I wanted to see why I was denied and he said it's because of covid..I will call a again to ask for the letter.
Tutu82:

You gave an agent your international passport,600k AND statement of account.I’m beyond shocked.If you are denied a refusal letter is issued to you stating why not the agent.
Guys come on!.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uwosom: 6:58pm On May 20, 2021
Ok, thank you

pheranmi2000:
Is on till u check ur passport before u can know if ur Visa is granted but the tendency is high that u are given since u didn't receive their refusal mail till now. Congrats in advance any away.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 9:07pm On May 20, 2021
[quote author=Uwosom post=101889104 did mine in April 8 and am yet to get there mail
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 11:39pm On May 20, 2021
Giselle237 and others in the house please we need your help. My friend is having his biometrics for Tier 2 visa application on Monday but he just discovered he answered NO to a question which says IS YOUR SPONSOR A LIMITED COMPANY. The answer is 'YES, BUT DO NOT OWN ANY OF THEIR SHARES' Please can he write a letter in respect of this to tell them he made a mistake in that section? Please help!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 12:14am On May 21, 2021
Ehimeomo:
House please I need ur advise, @giselle & every other member please, remember I was given 5yrs some weeks back but this is for my in-law, she was refused & can’t place my hands on why but I will attach the refusal letter. Please, what should be corrected/next step as she is eligible for appeal?

Sorry about the outcome of your in-law’s application.
Yes, your in-law has right of appeal but the appeal will not go in his favour.Article 4 of the directive gave provision for his refusal because it states that If the applicant cannot provide valid proof to show they are currently dependent on their EEA national sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner, the application must be refused so I suggest your in- law should fix the flaws in his application very fast as he might not be eligible anymore for this category of visa after June 30.
If you are applying as a dependant to join your EEA family member ( EEA family permit) few things are involved firstly you will need to be sure that your EEA family member is qualified I. E is your EEA family member exercising his/ her treaty rights in the country ? Is he/she self employed ? is he/ she self sufficient?, is he/ she under Job seekers platform ?or a student ? according to the caseworker you will need to provide the current employment details of your family member as you claimed he is employed. I hope he hasn’t lost his treaty rights though.
On your own part you will need to prove 2 things:
1. You will prove your relationship with the EEA national
2. You will prove your financial or physical dependence on the EEA national, once you can prove these 2 things appropriately you should get your visa approved. The only reasons why he can be denied again will be based on public health, public safety and national security which I have never seen anyone been denied on these 3 factors.
Going through the refusal letter I note that the applicant passed the 1st phase as he was able to prove his relationship with the EEA national but was unable to prove his financial dependency on the citizen.
To prove he is financially dependant on the EEA national he must demonstrate that for a relevant period ( not 1 year) he could not, meet his essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support of the EEA citizen, note: Essential needs in this context include accommodation, utilities and food. I said ( in whole and in parts because the ECO can’t justify you are not dependent even though you get extra money from elsewhere aside the support gotten from the EEA national) That was why the caseworker was expecting to see your bank statement so he can evaluate your income and see if you would ordinarily meet your essential needs without the help of your sponsor.
Evidence of his financial dependency on the EEA national might include his bank statements or money transferred to him by the EEA national over a relevant period.
Note: the magic here is that he could not meet his essential living needs without support from his sponsor.
Lastly do you apply as an immediate or extended family member?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by awesomeplus: 12:31am On May 21, 2021
Hello guys, well done to every helpful person on this thread.

I just got my CAS and I have started my application on the uk.gov site, however I have the following concerns:

1. I have filled all necessary information up to the point of the IHS payment. My question is do I have to pay for all the years I will use to study or can I just pay for the first year alone? It says in the site that it is £624 per year.

2. Can I continue my application and pay for the IHS later?

3. Concerning the VISA application fee, how do I make the payment? Which is the super priority, priority and normal and how much are they? Which is best recommended for quick response? I dont seem to understand what the TLS is and how it works

4. Lastly, can a Nigerian card make these payments, both the IHS and Visa fee? How do you guys make payment?

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cooldragon: 1:56am On May 21, 2021
Good morning everyone,please I need help in getting a transit visa because I will be using KLM and it will go thru Amsterdam,I sent an email to the email address they gave me at the Air France/KLM office and I got a reply but I am confused. They said I should fill a form and I don’t know how to go about it...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 2:28am On May 21, 2021
cooldragon:
Good morning everyone,please I need help in getting a transit visa because I will be using KLM and it will go thru Amsterdam,I sent an email to the email address they gave me at the Air France/KLM office and I got a reply but I am confused. They said I should fill a form and I don’t know how to go about it...

If you are a Nigerian national travelling from Nigeria via the Netherlands to the UK, you can apply for an airport transit visa (ATV) at the Belgian embassy in Abuja or the French consulate in Lagos (both Member States representing the NL for Schengen visa in Nigeria). You are required to hold an ATV ( A Transit Visa) while transferring through the Netherlands.
Nigerians or other nationals should submit their application via the Belgian embassy in Abuja if they are residing in one of the following states: Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Borno, Gombe, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Kastina, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, FCT Abuja, Yobe, Zamafara.
Any questions about the visa process should be addressed to: visa.abuja@diplobel.fed.be.

Nigerians residing in the states not mentioned under those that should apply at the Belgian embassy, should submit their application via the French consulate-general in Lagos.
Any questions about the visa process should be addressed to: contact@ambafrance-ng.org.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 4:43am On May 21, 2021
Hello house is it only British airways that is the only flight to the UK? I just confirmed from waka now and they said that is the only airline. It is very expensive ooo. It is 545,00.

Please for those that have recently travelled, how much did you pay and is there any cheaper airline to travel to the UK?

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by graceodini: 7:06am On May 21, 2021
graceodini:
Giselle237 and others in the house please we need your help. My friend is having his biometrics for Tier 2 visa application on Monday but he just discovered he answered NO to a question which says IS YOUR SPONSOR A LIMITED COMPANY. The answer is 'YES, BUT DO NOT OWN ANY OF THEIR SHARES' Please can he write a letter in respect of this to tell them he made a mistake in that section? Please help!

Please help us on this. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 8:07am On May 21, 2021
monchat:
Hello house is it only British airways that is the only flight to the UK? I just confirmed from waka now and they said that is the only airline. It is very expensive ooo. It is 545,00.

Please for those that have recently travelled, how much did you pay and is there any cheaper airline to travel to the UK?

Thank you
I got a return ticket for my brother for less than that. I booked through ba.com. I paid $880.97 ( Los - lhr - man). It depends on the day you are traveling. You can get BA flight Los - Lhr for around $750
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 8:19am On May 21, 2021
For those traveling to UK:

2 and 8 days covid test through Dante Labs is £116. I booked it for my junior brother.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bettyLad(f): 8:25am On May 21, 2021
Good day ,please I'd like to ask, can someone travel to the UK with 1month visa validity ,that is if the visa expires in a month time .although I intend to stay two weeks ,,which states I ll be back before the visa expires ..my agent is asking I reapply for another visa even before this current one expires that I will be refused at the point of entry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:36am On May 21, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
For those traveling to UK:

2 and 8 days covid test through Dante Labs is £116. I booked it for my junior brother.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ehimeomo(f): 9:13am On May 21, 2021
Fisherlala:

Sorry about the outcome of your in-law’s application.
Yes, your in-law has right of appeal but the appeal will not go in his favour.Article 4 of the directive gave provision for his refusal because it states that If the applicant cannot provide valid proof to show they are currently dependent on their EEA national sponsor or the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner, the application must be refused so I suggest your in- law should fix the flaws in his application very fast as he might not be eligible anymore for this category of visa after June 30.
If you are applying as a dependant to join your EEA family member ( EEA family permit) few things are involved firstly you will need to be sure that your EEA family member is qualified I. E is your EEA family member exercising his/ her treaty rights in the country ? Is he/she self employed ? is he/ she self sufficient?, is he/ she under Job seekers platform ?or a student ? according to the caseworker you will need to provide the current employment details of your family member as you claimed he is employed. I hope he hasn’t lost his treaty rights though.
On your own part you will need to prove 2 things:
1. You will prove your relationship with the EEA national
2. You will prove your financial or physical dependence on the EEA national, once you can prove these 2 things appropriately you should get your visa approved. The only reasons why he can be denied again will be based on public health, public safety and national security which I have never seen anyone been denied on these 3 factors.
Going through the refusal letter I note that the applicant passed the 1st phase as he was able to prove his relationship with the EEA national but was unable to prove his financial dependency on the citizen.
To prove he is financially dependant on the EEA national he must demonstrate that for a relevant period ( not 1 year) he could not, meet his essential living needs (in whole or in part) without the financial or other material support of the EEA citizen, note: Essential needs in this context include accommodation, utilities and food. I said ( in whole and in parts because the ECO can’t justify you are not dependent even though you get extra money from elsewhere aside the support gotten from the EEA national) That was why the caseworker was expecting to see your bank statement so he can evaluate your income and see if you would ordinarily meet your essential needs without the help of your sponsor.
Evidence of his financial dependency on the EEA national might include his bank statements or money transferred to him by the EEA national over a relevant period.
Note: the magic here is that he could not meet his essential living needs without support from his sponsor.
Lastly do you apply as an immediate or extended family member?
Immediate!!! The applicant is mother to the sponsor (her daughter)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by monchat(m): 9:34am On May 21, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

I got a return ticket for my brother for less than that. I booked through ba.com. I paid $880.97 ( Los - lhr - man). It depends on the day you are traveling. You can get BA flight Los - Lhr for around $750

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 11:01am On May 21, 2021
Ih123:
Hi everyone

Just want to say thank you for all the help on this platform.

I got my visa in 3 days. I paid for priority last week Thursday and collected my passport today. I've been denied Visa to France (Lol) before. I got 2 years Visa . I was sponsored by my dad (as a birthday present) even though I currently work and have over 10,000 GBP in my salary savings account.

What I did was to attach my proof of employment,pay slip, salary statement, ID card and then my father wrote a letter of financial support which I got notarized.

I also explained that I would like to travel now since uk is gradually easing off restrictions and that I would quarantine for 5 days with the test to release option.

Wow. I applied for my visit visa with my family on 11th April and did biometrics on 13th but have not received my passport to date(over a month later). Is anyone having the same challenge?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:11am On May 21, 2021
bettyLad:
Good day ,please I'd like to ask, can someone travel to the UK with 1month visa validity ,that is if the visa expires in a month time .although I intend to stay two weeks ,,which states I ll be back before the visa expires ..my agent is asking I reapply for another visa even before this current one expires that I will be refused at the point of entry

Yes you can since you visa is still valid, some countries grant only 9 days visa it doesn’t really matter but be prepared to answer some questions at the point of entry why you didn’t make your trip earlier.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:16am On May 21, 2021
bettyLad:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fisherlala: 11:55am On May 21, 2021
Ehimeomo:

Immediate!!! The applicant is mother to the sponsor (her daughter)

I asked the question because I wanted to know the relationship the applicant has with the EEA national and the age of the applicants because if the applicant is below 21 and he/she is a direct family member of the union citizen he/she has not legal requirement to prove dependancy. But in the case of this applicant she will need to prove she is either financially dependent or physical dependent( medical grounds) on the EEA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Izulink: 12:22pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=Uwosom post=101887747]Hello all, please how do I know if my visa was approved? I just got a mail from TLS that my passport is ready for pickup, but it doesn't tell if the visa was approved.[/

U cannot kno till u collect ur passport ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Izulink: 12:25pm On May 21, 2021
Please house i want to kno if anyone have travelled since this 17th may just wanna kno the quarantine stuff.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by arasola2000: 12:28pm On May 21, 2021
Visitor's visa: Details of breach of UK immigration law : Was appealing decision, how to respond in my visa application

Good day everyone. Please i need advice.

I am currently applying for a visitor's visa to uk. and the section Details of breach of UK immigration law is confusing me.

I used to live in the uk under a work visa, i applied to move to another category and it was denied. I started an appeal process that lasted 3 years. When i left the UK HO letter given to me said i over stayed from the initial time my visa was refused but during appeal i think it is legal to remain in the country.

Now the options in this section of the application are:

- I entered the UK illegally
- I remained in the UK beyond the validity of my visa/permission to stay
- I breached the conditions of my leave
- I gave false information when applying for a visa, leave to enter or remain
- Other

Do i select - I remained in the UK beyond the validity of my visa/permission to stay

or

- Other

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owee: 12:36pm On May 21, 2021
asjay:

No issues at all

If the tracker says your visa is still with the DMC and the time frame for response has passed , you can either call them and they will deduct your money or your pay small money for email and you can send a message to ukvi and they can tell you what is happening and possibly escalate things for you

How can one contact UKVI. My visa processing has taken over 5 weeks. The status still shows its at the DMC.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:38pm On May 21, 2021
awesomeplus:
Hello guys, well done to every helpful person on this thread.

I just got my CAS and I have started my application on the uk.gov site, however I have the following concerns:

1. I have filled all necessary information up to the point of the IHS payment. My question is do I have to pay for all the years I will use to study or can I just pay for the first year alone? It says in the site that it is £624 per year.

2. Can I continue my application and pay for the IHS later?

3. Concerning the VISA application fee, how do I make the payment? Which is the super priority, priority and normal and how much are they? Which is best recommended for quick response? I dont seem to understand what the TLS is and how it works

4. Lastly, can a Nigerian card make these payments, both the IHS and Visa fee? How do you guys make payment?

Thanks in advance
U will get more help from the student thread,
However u cnt make these payments with ur nigerican card as they all have limits. These payments can be made by requesting someone u know with outside nigeria to pay whilst u remit naira to dem or buy u openin a Flutterwave account... u will b able to access a virtual dollar card for which u can use for ur payments.

Ihs must be paid complete— durin ur applicatiom it will ask u to input ur course end date, thts how d calculation is done.. whatsoever ur course is due to end is what will determine d amount u owe.

For visa application fee— every tier 4 student visa applicant pays d same rate which is the standard fee.. if u say u want a faster decision then u must standard fee + fee for faster decision.. this makes it two amounts. They aim to conclude standard app within 3 weeks... so if u have time, u can sit with that..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:41pm On May 21, 2021
graceodini:

Please help us on this. Thanks.
Can u tell him to confirm very well if his company is this. He needs to ask them first. If the affirmative is the answer, then he shud write a cover note to address this and submit alongside other docs.
If he feels he wants a clean slate, then cancel the application, ask for a refund, and then fill another application. The refund will take almost 28 working days to get back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:42pm On May 21, 2021
owee:

How can one contact UKVI. My visa processing has taken over 5 weeks. The status still shows its at the DMC.
pls read 2 pages back

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.