Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1445123 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibaka: 3:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
ibaka:
Good morning,

Very helpful posts here I must tell you if not my nephew who I introduced to the thread would have developed HBP thinking his application was delayed for no reason. This platform gave him the required info on the current situation.

Anyway, he did biometrics on 29th September 2021 standard application with his wife and her own visa was out in 15 working days same documents. His own has remained on DMC since then until this morning when it changed to Transferred to VAC.

Also is it possible to request for courier now? the plan was for the wife to pick up both passports but because her own came a month ago she was told he will have to come himself and he is currently out of Lagos.

Hoping for good news too for his own.

So good work everyone and good luck.

Update,

Collection email has been received by my nephew this afternoon however he was able to pay for the courier as TLS responded to the mail sent to buy the service this morning and an account number was provided to make payment, So hopefully the passport will get to him in the next 24 to 48 hours.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

Lmao still pray for us ó. You know what they say about good pastor's prayers being answered for others smiley.

I pray you receive it this week. It must be even harder for you that is used to a quick process, this is my first experience.
I really hope I do, so I can rest from tracking passport.
I won’t really tell them off this time because all my renewals over many years have been 14/15 days exactly and not even up to 15 working days, if this one is taking time then they are really under immense pressure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

Amen. I know it's long especially with a two year old toddler, it's just the fear of the visa application time taking so long again. If I see a better deal with British Airways, I'll take it. I'm just hoping we get her passport this week so we can book the tickets.
Transit visa is very fast with the France embassy. 2 working days max you have your passport back.
I hope you get her passport back this week but these people are funny, how will they release yours without hers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
Please @anyone help to clarify this:

As in the filled form, my dad is being sponsored by his child with #500,000 and personally spending #100,000 of his own money on the trip.

Pls this question “how much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the uk”

*should this be (500,000+100,000)=#600,000 or it’s just okay as I’ve filled in the form (#100,000) ?

* if I need to make a correction pls how best can I effect that, as the form is submitted already.

*pls see attached

thank you for kind response.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by larrybam(f): 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good afternoon everyone, been following this thread for sometime now. I applied for UK visa and I received a refusal letter this afternoon. The business is mine and I've been operating this business for some years now. Below is the refusal letter, what do you advise I do next please?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Jarus(m): 4:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
How do I track my application online? I have forgotten about this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

Transit visa is very fast with the France embassy. 2 working days max you have your passport back.
I hope you get her passport back this week but these people are funny, how will they release yours without hers.

I was shocked when I went for collection on the 2nd of November and I didn't see hers. Our passports were literally placed in the same pack when we went for biometrics.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 4:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

I really hope I do, so I can rest from tracking passport.
I won’t really tell them off this time because all my renewals over many years have been 14/15 days exactly and not even up to 15 working days, if this one is taking time then they are really under immense pressure.

It's what they said when we called. Something about an unusual number of applications from Nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
Chrisbam:

As in the filled form, my dad is being sponsored by his child with #500,000 and personally spending #100,000 of his own money on the trip.

Pls this question “how much money are you personally planning to spend on your visit to the uk”

*should this be (500,000+100,000)=#600,000 or it’s just okay as I’ve filled in the form (#100,000) ?

* if I need to make a correction pls how best can I effect that, as the form is submitted already.

*pls see attached

Please anyone help, a bit urgent!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

It's what they said when we called. Something about a unusual number of applications from Nigeria
If they say an usual number of applications, I agree. I came here to lament after my submission. There was a mammoth crowd , I have never seen such before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
gistbite:

I was shocked when I went for collection on the 2nd of November and I didn't see hers. Our passports were literally placed in the same pack when we went for biometrics.
She’s literally tied to yours so I wonder the oversight of leaving her passport out.

When all this is over , even this thread will rest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
My sister went to Access bank today to get her bank statement for UK visa but the bank officer only gave her paper with code and password.

They said embassy will use the code to open her account to verify her statement.

Please is this true because I am hearing this for the first time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
My sister went to Access bank today to get her bank statement for UK visa but the bank officer only gave her paper with code and password.

They said embassy will use the code to open her account to verify her statement.

It is true. You can do it on the bank app yourself , for GTBank I do that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sholsy: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
You are in order. Just ensure the sponsor provides the necessary supporting documents to show its financial capacity.

Chrisbam:

*pls see attached

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
No collection mail. We go again tomorrow.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

It is true. You can do it on the bank app yourself , for GTBank I do that.

Ok thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sparkleoke: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
Fazfunms:
I haven’t received mine yet. My sister and I submitted on the 25th of October. She got hers last week Friday. Hopefully I get mine this week.

Same situation with me. I applied with my husband on the 25th of October. He got his also on Friday. We called on Thursday and we were told a decision has been made on his and no decision on mine yet. We tracked on Friday and saw it has been transferred to VAC. He didn't even wait for mail and he was given when he went to TLS Ikeja.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine because we were supposed to travel together on Saturday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Yes but they were suppose to give her printed copies too which she's going to scan although access bank already sent copy of your statement to UK embassy you can still go back and request for the hard copy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Chrisbam:

*pls see attached

You are still on track bro, just make sure that the main applicant submit his own Bank statement and other documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:

She’s literally tied to yours so I wonder the oversight of leaving her passport out.

When all this is over , even this thread will rest.

Osumi ó. The last time I was this stressed was uni days
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jarus:
How do I track my application online? I have forgotten about this.

Login to your ukvi application, via the link in your email. Proceed to provide documents and biometrics, hit “continue” and will redirect you to TLS merchant page with your information, you’ll see the “track” button

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
same here, I applied with my husband on the same day, out passports were in the same jacket. We got updates simultaneously except for collection mail which I got last week while his is still at DMC when tracked.

sparkleoke:

Same situation with me. I applied with my husband on the 25th of October. He got his also on Friday. We called on Thursday and we were told a decision has been made on his and no decision on mine yet. We tracked on Friday and saw it has been transferred to VAC. He didn't even wait for mail and he was given when he went to TLS Ikeja.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine because we were supposed to travel together on Saturday.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Chai…sorry about this. Did you include a statement of the company’s account? Which should reflect the N4.5 million in profits. Also, an audited report of the company statement from a good accounting firm should’ve shown the profits made from your business. Also, does the CAC papers clearly show your full name as the owner?
I honestly don’t know. I’m just wondering where the loopholes in your application could have been.
larrybam:
Good afternoon everyone, been following this thread for sometime now. I applied for UK visa and I received a refusal letter this afternoon. The business is mine and I've been operating this business for some years now. Below is the refusal letter, what do you advise I do next please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
Please in recent times, does the UK send refusal letter to your email before you go for your passport pick up?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chrisbam(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gentlesoul3268:

You are still on track bro, just make sure that the main applicant submit his own Bank statement and other documents

Thank you Sholzy/Gentlesoul
Sure all documents are in order and available.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
MadameW:
same here, I applied with my husband on the same day, out passports were in the same jacket. We got updates simultaneously except for collection mail which I got last week while his is still at DMC when tracked.

This thing is so unfair
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
I think because documents are uploaded these days, it really doesn’t matter if your passport is in the same jacket. It will be accessed individually.

MadameW:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
1stdami:

I had to pay for another appointment since the last one didn’t show up. I will ask for refund of my money

Do they still have appointment for November or early December about to submit too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ajoke08: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2021
Good evening everyone, pls will appreciate if anyone can give me information about this.. I submitted my family application (visiting) last week(priority) and also paid for premium lounge but I couldn’t get a closer date for biometric.. My question is , can we walk in before our appointment date to do the biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by larrybam(f): 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
cutebear:
Chai…sorry about this. Did you include a statement of the company’s account? Which should reflect the N4.5 million in profits. Also, an audited report of the company statement from a good accounting firm should’ve shown the profits made from your business. Also, does the CAC papers clearly show your full name as the owner?
I honestly don’t know. I’m just wondering where the loopholes in your application could have been.

Thanks, I used my personal account, I do not have a company account for my business. Also, did not submit the cac papers that shows my full name as the owner, I only submitted the cac certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sholsy: 8:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
Sorry about that. When including your business certificate of registration, Did you include the other form that shows your name and passport photo? Also invoices do not necessarily translate to payments. If they did, then you could point to those payments in the bank statement and link it with the invoices to show they were genuine payments. A cover letter could explain all that. But actually, it's really hard to tell what went wrong as we don't have the full facts or documents submitted.

larrybam:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by sholsy: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
I'm curious to know as well.

cutebear:
Please in recent times, does the UK send refusal letter to your email before you go for your passport pick up?

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.