Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446141 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Darvick: 12:00am On Aug 26, 2019
Lexy1234:
Hi justwise and all,

please I need your input on this. I would be staying with my brother in the UK when I visit and he would provide accommodation and feeding for me. My question now is this, on the form where it says is anybody else paying for your trip, do I say yes and say he would just be providing accommodation and feeding or I say no and include the fact that he is taking care of accommodation and feeding in the invitation letter he sends and also in my cover letter.

Please your your urgent response is appreciated.

Say no nobody is paying, you are the sponsor. Your brother will state it in the IV that he’s gonna offer you accommodation and feeding, that is just like support not sponsor. You are sponsoring yourself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Okororeg: 12:26am On Aug 26, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Refusal not a ban

Okay sir. But if it's refused because of that can they still grant me visit visa after that without referring to it again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 10:01am On Aug 26, 2019
lovesavvi:
congrats to her , pls i need full detail how she go about it.

Visa Application Timeline:
Biometrics on 20th May, 2019
Mail that application was not straight forward on 7th June, 2019
Refusal letter through email (sensitive in subject) on 17th June, 2019
Collected Passport email on 19th June, 2019

Documents submitted:
Intro letter from work
Five months’ pay slip (salary of 1400 cedis thus about 88,683.04 Naira)
Work id card
Her fixed deposit certificate rolled over every quarter 12,000 cedis (798,346.98)
Her side business registration documents. Note that she uses her savings account to run this business. She did not add any tax documents
Sale and purchase Receipts from her diapers business
Salary account statement: with a closing balance of 1.86 cedis (123.74 Naira). We explained this balance because they are advised at work to move their funds from salary to their savings account
Savings account statement: with a closing balance of 18,000 cedis (1,197,520.47 Naira)
Husbands consent letter
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate of her children
Flight Itenary from tap Portugal which was very cheap so it reduced her budget to 630 pounds
I also added my passport details because I have traveled to USA, Portugal, UK (3 times) to visit our sister who provided her the invitation and her documents

After all these and she was refused. Well even though her salary was not that mush she was truthful and she only wanted to visit the UK for a short period. She was actually sponsoring herself so the budget was 630 pounds. From the refusal reason, I knew it would be difficult for her to re-apply and counter the refusal reasons because they were mostly subjective based on that the ECO and they might use the same reasons to refuse her again if we re-applied that’s why we opted for the Judicial review because I was made aware that with this method they might review the application without requested for additional documents
I then got a contact of a solicitor in London through a facebook post of someone who had gotten his refusal overturned because he wanted to go for British army assessment. I contacted them and they assisted us through the judicial review. I have just attached the concluding part of the pre-action protocol which is a pre-requisite for a judicial review.

Timelines for the Judicial review:
1. Went into agreement with solicitor and sent all documents and refusal letter to solicitor on 18th July, 2019
2. Solicitor sent the Pre-Action Protocol to home office on 24th July
3. He sent me a mail he received from UK home office which I have attached here
4. The same day he sent me the email, our sister in london said an officer called her and asked her soo many questions about my sister her. They asked about the work she does and also asked her about the side business (start date and what she sells)
5. Visa Officer called my sister here on 22rd August, 2019 that her application had been re-assessed so she should take her passport to the British embassy
6. She took it to the embassy and the visa was stamped into her passport whiles she was there and she said me a picture of it.

I thank God that the arguments raised by the lawyer who also made references to some similar immigration case made sense to them so there was no need to proceed to the next stage of the judicial review which involved filling the motion in court.
I can send you more screenshots on how the refusals was challenged if it’s allowed on this portal. At least people will also learn one or two things from it. The joy on her face makes me soo happy that I was able to get her refusal overturned as a big brother

Attached are the refusal letter, a screenshot of just a part of the pre-action protocol sent to home office, email from home office

Thanks be to God

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:29am On Aug 26, 2019
NanaOne1:

Visa Application Timeline:
Biometrics on 20th May, 2019
Mail that application was not straight forward on 7th June, 2019
Refusal letter through email (sensitive in subject) on 17th June, 2019
Collected Passport email on 19th June, 2019

Documents submitted:
Intro letter from work
Five months’ pay slip (salary of 1400 cedis thus about 88,683.04 Naira)
Work id card
Her fixed deposit certificate rolled over every quarter 12,000 cedis (798,346.98)
Her side business registration documents. Note that she uses her savings account to run this business. She did not add any tax documents
Sale and purchase Receipts from her diapers business
Salary account statement: with a closing balance of 1.86 cedis (123.74 Naira). We explained this balance because they are advised at work to move their funds from salary to their savings account
Savings account statement: with a closing balance of 18,000 cedis (1,197,520.47 Naira)
Husbands consent letter
Marriage certificate
Birth certificate of her children
Flight Itenary from tap Portugal which was very cheap so it reduced her budget to 630 pounds
I also added my passport details because I have traveled to USA, Portugal, UK (3 times) to visit our sister who provided her the invitation and her documents

After all these and she was refused. Well even though her salary was not that mush she was truthful and she only wanted to visit the UK for a short period. She was actually sponsoring herself so the budget was 630 pounds. From the refusal reason, I knew it would be difficult for her to re-apply and counter the refusal reasons because they were mostly subjective based on that the ECO and they might use the same reasons to refuse her again if we re-applied that’s why we opted for the Judicial review because I was made aware that with this method they might review the application without requested for additional documents
I then got a contact of a solicitor in London through a facebook post of someone who had gotten his refusal overturned because he wanted to go for British army assessment. I contacted them and they assisted us through the judicial review. I have just attached the concluding part of the pre-action protocol which is a pre-requisite for a judicial review.

Timelines for the Judicial review:
1. Went into agreement with solicitor and sent all documents and refusal letter to solicitor on 18th July, 2019
2. Solicitor sent the Pre-Action Protocol to home office on 24th July
3. He sent me a mail he received from UK home office which I have attached here
4. The same day he sent me the email, our sister in london said an officer called her and asked her soo many questions about my sister her. They asked about the work she does and also asked her about the side business (start date and what she sells)
5. Visa Officer called my sister here on 22rd August, 2019 that her application had been re-assessed so she should take her passport to the British embassy
6. She took it to the embassy and the visa was stamped into her passport whiles she was there and she said me a picture of it.

I thank God that the arguments raised by the lawyer who also made references to some similar immigration case made sense to them so there was no need to proceed to the next stage of the judicial review which involved filling the motion in court.
I can send you more screenshots on how the refusals was challenged if it’s allowed on this portal. At least people will also learn one or two things from it. The joy on her face makes me soo happy that I was able to get her refusal overturned as a big brother

Attached are the refusal letter, a screenshot of just a part of the pre-action protocol sent to home office, email from home office

Thanks be to God

Wow! Massive congratulations!!!! Good news . Courage and determination. Well done!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olorogun1: 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
thanks to everyone on this forum for your contributions towards the success of my uk visa application. most especially @justwise
i was refused 2007, i made the application through an agent back then,all information used by the agent then was fake even my international passport was not having my correct info except my name. i was so furious after the refusal seeing those errors,i had to do another passport with my real details aftewards,i applied to us twice and i was also refused,after reading alot about people's experiences and a word of encouragement from justwise i decided to give a try,
i did my biometrics on 30th of july and i was sent a mail on 23rd of august to pick up my passport, i was given 6month on my virgin passport

i did all the application on my own even with my mobile phone
i don't have personal account except my coporate and i run all my expenses with the account,though i stated that in my cover letter.

documents submitted.

cac cert.
property doc (survey and family receipt)
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

my wife had lost the marriage cert. so i only scanned the affidavit she swored for her change of name and our wedding picture.also the news paper publication for change of name. all was scanned with my phone through the edossiersolo app i downloaded.

wish everyone applying a success in their application.

thank you nairaland.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:
thanks to everyone on this forum for your contributions towards the success of my uk visa application. most especially @justwise
i was refused 2007, i made the application through an agent back then,all information used by the agent then was fake even my international passport was not having my correct info except my name. i was so furious after the refusal seeing those errors,i had to do another passport with my real details aftewards,i applied to us twice and i was also refused,after reading alot about people's experiences and a word of encouragement from justwise i decided to give a try,
i did my biometrics on 30th of july and i was sent a mail on 23rd of august to pick up my passport, i was given 6month on my virgin passport

i don't have personal account except my coporate and i run all my expenses with the account,though i stated that in my cover letter.

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

my wife had lost the marriage cert. so i only scanned the affidavit she swored for her change of name and our wedding picture.also the news paper publication for change of name. all was scanned with my phone through the edossiersolo app i downloaded.

thank you nairaland.
Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Okororeg: 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

thank you nairaland.

Congratulations. How did you correct your changed details with this new application with the home office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

thank you nairaland.

Congratulations!! Amazing!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

thank you nairaland.

Pls , which centre did you do your biometric?
Because I did my biometric on 26th July at Ikeja centre , up till this moment no response though I received a mail that decision has been made...

It's ikeja or VI or Abuja Centre you did your biometric?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gbanj11: 3:56pm On Aug 26, 2019
Good day Ladies and Gentlemen. Need your input for a friend. She just got her Canadian Pr, planning to travel soon, but would like to visit friends in the UK briefly (1 week or so), would the process be different for her .. seeing as she’s not returning back to Nigeria? anyone ever been in the same boat before??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

thank you nairaland.

Congratulations! Glad it works out at the end

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by embee430(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello All, I am trying to book an appointment. All available slots next week are all on premium appointment and am not ready to cough out that kind of money. What's the best way to get a regular slot. Is there any possibility of getting a regular appointment within that period?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2019
embee430:
Hello All, I am trying to book an appointment. All available slots next week are all on premium appointment and am not ready to cough out that kind of money. What's the best way to get a regular slot. Is there any possibility of getting a regular appointment within that period?
Keep on checking u ll get a space
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geofelx: 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
[Hi

Please did you contact UKVI through email or phone call ? I did my Biometrics 26th July also, uptill now I have not receive any information regarding my application from UKVI nor TLS, although I called on Thursday and was told my application was still awaiting decision and that they would escalate it, I'm not even sure of what that means exactly. What time was your appointment at TLS on the 26th of July, mine was 15:00.quote author=glink2015 post=81627023]

Because I did my biometric on 26th July at Ikeja centre , up till this moment no response though I received a mail that decision has been made...

It's ikeja or VI or Abuja Centre you did your biometric? [/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oludharey1: 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Pls house i need your assistant,am i got an invitation to attend my uncle son wedding in uk,am a nurse my salary is #284,000,i do cooperative with almost all my salary my take home is #68,000 and according to what am reading here,you most not spend more than 3times your take home on your trip,here is my issue even the 3 time of my take home is not enough for the ticket but i have over 1.5m in my acct,pls how do i go abt it i need your advice pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lexy1234: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
Darvick:

Say no nobody is paying, you are the sponsor. Your brother will state it in the IV that he’s gonna offer you accommodation and feeding, that is just like support not sponsor. You are sponsoring yourself.

Thank you very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mike099: 6:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello house...I did my biome
geofelx:
[Hi

Please did you contact UKVI through email or phone call ? I did my Biometrics 26th July also, uptill now I have not receive any information regarding my application from UKVI nor TLS, although I called on Thursday and was told my application was still awaiting decision and that they would escalate it, I'm not even sure of what that means exactly. What time was your appointment at TLS on the 26th of July, mine was 15:00.quote author=glink2015 post=81627023]

Same here tired of waiting...
I did my biometric on 17 july 2019 at Ikeja.
Application transfered to ukvi on 17 july
Since then I have not here anything either from UKVI or TLS...
pls house I need your assistance on how to contact UKVI or link to message them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
oga dont be tired oooo,
see me here,
Biometric on 15th July
Application Concluded on 29th July
no update after that. UKVI donnn sleepooo
i am even planning to go to British Embassy in Lagos to check what they are doing with my application.
mike099:
pls house I need your assistance on how to contact UKVI or link to message them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
oga @justwise & other ogas
please suggest if going to British Embassy in Lagos will help in anyway, bcoz my application was concluded on 29th July and there is no update after that, they haven't even asked me to submit the passport for decision sharing. i used "Keep My Passport" service. i suppose to travel on 29th August
bikram6100:
oga dont be tired oooo,
see me here,
Biometric on 15th July
Application Concluded on 29th July
no update after that. UKVI donnn sleepooo
i am even planning to go to British Embassy in Lagos to check what they are doing with my application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
Who can help me with reviews please.

British Airways or Virgin Altlantic ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geofelx: 7:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
mike099:

+442034811736 UKVI contact number @£1.37 per minute
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mike099: 10:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
geofelx:

+442034811736 UKVI contact number @£1.37 per minute
Thanks, I really appreciate your kindness..
Pls can you also send me a means to text them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geofelx: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
mike099:

Thanks, I really appreciate your kindness..
Pls can you also send me a means to text them
Login into your application (UKVI), scroll to the bottom, click on "contact us" and follow the on screen instruction to send UKVI Email @£5+

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olorogun1: 11:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
Okororeg:

Congratulations. How did you correct your changed details with this new application with the home office.

it's well over ten years,and i stated all that transpired then with my application,maybe they still have my details but decided to forgive and forget.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olorogun1: 11:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
glink2015:

i did at bank anthony (ikeja)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geofelx: 11:50pm On Aug 26, 2019
geofelx:
[Hi

I did mine at Ikeja

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by geofelx: 11:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
olorogun1:

i did at bank anthony (ikeja)

OK, I did mine at Ikeja too. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oludharey1: 12:17am On Aug 27, 2019
[b][/b]somebody should pls help me with this.
Oludharey1:
Pls house i need your assistant,am i got an invitation to attend my uncle son wedding in uk,am a nurse my salary is #284,000,i do cooperative with almost all my salary my take home is #68,000 and according to what am reading here,you most not spend more than 3times your take home on your trip,here is my issue even the 3 time of my take home is not enough for the ticket but i have over 1.5m in my acct,pls how do i go abt it i need your advice pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=olorogun1 post=81623240]thanks to everyone on this forum for your contributions towards the success of my uk visa application. most especially @justwise

documents submitted.

cac cert.
nepa bill
lawma bill
land use demand notice
tax certificate

thank you nairaland.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.