Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1439262 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MrsDaniels(f): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2019
Hello y'all....so for those who asked if my cuz got the visa...yeah he got them today...his and his childs. He said issue date was August 21st exact same day homeoffice called him to ask him two questions abt his previous USA n canada denials. God is the greatest.

His timeline as follows:-
Biometrics-July 3rd 2019
Called by homeoffice-August 21st
Application Concluded-August 23rd
Passport Emails VAC-August 28th
Passport Pickup-Today

Wishing all other Applicants that Gods grace and mercy would speak for all of you in front of the ECOs ijn! Regards!

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mickyboiz: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2019
Poanan:

Sorry about that. Could you share reasons for refusal so that we all learn going forward.
house please sorry fr late reply

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 5:15pm On Sep 06, 2019
Good evening to every guru in the house, I’ll be glad if any one of you can respond to my question.
my child (2years old) is British and I am Nigerian, I’ve been to the uk before on a 6months visit visa, I want to apply again to take my child to go visit his father’s family, is it okay to apply for a 5years visit visa? is it a MUST that I apply for a 2 years visit visa? or would that lead to an automatic refusal? Thanks for your responses.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Coolkhat: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2019
Please for someone who earn 250,000 after tax and spends 100,000 naira per month, please how much can one spend for 10days visa? Is 1,200gbp too much?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2019
Suuz:
Good evening to every guru in the house, I’ll be glad if any one of you can respond to my question.
my child (2years old) is British and I am Nigerian, I’ve been to the uk before on a 6months visit visa, I want to apply again to take my child to go visit his father’s family, is it okay to apply for a 5years visit visa? is it a MUST that I apply for a 2 years visit visa? or would that lead to an automatic refusal? Thanks for your responses.

1. Where is your child's father currently leaving?

2. When did your six months expired and how many trips did you make on it?

3. How old is your child?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2019
Coolkhat:
Please for someone who earn 250,000 after tax and spends 100,000 naira per month, please how much can one spend for 10days visa? Is 1,200gbp too much?

What ever you do, keep your budget within two months of your DI.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 10:34pm On Sep 06, 2019
Justblow:

1. Where is your child's father currently leaving?

2. When did your six months expired and how many trips did you make on it?

3. How old is your child?

1) He’s in the UK, my child would also be spending time with his dad but he’ll be meeting his father’s family for the first time.

2) Six months expired a little over a year ago and I used it only once.

3) He’s 2years old.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by emily111: 10:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
Good evening sir and ma here,

Please I want to apply for UK visit visa, I have once applied in 2012 when I was in school but now I now own my personal business which is registered under Cac I started the company 2016 ending and got it registered February 2019.

What are the documents I need to apply with. I have travel experience also I was at UAE last year for a course to help my business.

Any information to help on documents I need to submit for the visa will be highly welcomed. Thanks am just 26 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 10:45pm On Sep 06, 2019
Suuz:

1) He’s in the UK, my child would also be spending time with his dad but he’ll be meeting his father’s family for the first time.

2) Six months expired a little over a year ago and I used it only once.

3) He’s 2years old.

From your answer to question two, I will suggest you apply for 2 years, reason, cause u not a frequent traveler.

Just my own opinion though... Let's hope we get more contributions from the house.

Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
Justblow:

From your answer to question two, I will suggest you apply for 2 years, reason, cause u not a frequent traveler.

Just my own opinion though... Let's hope we get more contributions from the house.

Regards.

Okay, thanks a lot for your genuine response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Maymai: 10:47pm On Sep 06, 2019
ekpotek:

Yes you can re apply and address the ECO concern as stated. Also provide proofs that you send her 100K monthly. In the re application package let your sister include a copy of her passport and visa, that she will be traveling with her. The key thing is to explain every inflow into your mum bank account to demonstrate that you send her money regularly for her upkeep. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2019
What defines a frequent traveler?
Justblow:

Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by olafamzy87(m): 11:26pm On Sep 06, 2019
@faculty14, am not trying to dash your hope bro, you will need to produce a very fine application for the visa to be granted.
Pray hard, anything is possible. Am talking from experience.
Faculty14:
Hi Justwise and other members in the house
Please I need help and proper advice concerning my visa application

I applied to join the British army here in Nigeria, I got an invitation letter which is to be used as supporting document for visa application. I'm booked for assessment on November..the assessment is to last for two days, but I was advised to be in the UK a week before my assessment by my recruiter

I'm currently not working, my mom is willing to sponsor my travel

As part of my application process to join the army. I'm required to have a sponsor in the UK who can accommodate me. We've reached out to a family friend whose willing to accommodate me , but all expenses for the trip is on my mom

I'll like to know what other documents I'm to attach for my visa application aside my mom's bank statement and that of my sponsor in the UK

I currently have just 214k in my account

What are my chances of getting a visa

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bay1989: 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2019
Justblow:

Regards.

Hello,

what if I want to travel by car in UK from London to Edinburgh. I have distant relatives in Edinburgh. Do i need to mention that in my application? Thank you in advance for your answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 12:07am On Sep 07, 2019
Suuz:

Okay, thanks a lot for your genuine response.
You can apply for 5 years. I'm talking from recent experience, I know 3 applicant that used their 6 months Visa just once b4 applying for 5 years and they were granted 5 years within d last 3 months.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 12:12am On Sep 07, 2019
Justblow:

Regards.
Someone must not be a frequent traveler b4 he or she can apply for 5 years after the initial 6 months with just 1 trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 12:23am On Sep 07, 2019
Menakay:

You can apply for 5 years. I'm talking from recent experience, I know 3 applicant that used their 6 months Visa just once b4 applying for 5 years and they were granted 5 years within d last 3 months.

Thanks Mena for your response,
Do I need to make a long list stating the reason for applying for a long term visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:26am On Sep 07, 2019
Suuz:

Thanks Mena for your response,
Do I need to make a long list stating the reason for applying for a long term visit visa?

You need a very solid profile to apply for 5 year to avoid...................
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 12:36am On Sep 07, 2019
oluayebenz:

You need a very solid profile to apply for 5 year to avoid...................
If the ECO is convinced that u re a genuine visitor, ur 5 years will be granted, u dont need a solid profile, what u need to package ur application very well to convince the ECO. I'm talking out of experience.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:15am On Sep 07, 2019
Suuz:

1.How many times do you plan to visit the UK in the 5 years?

2. Can you afford to make frequent travel to the ? This could be once or twice a year

You can get 5 years if you convince the ECO that you need to travel to the UK often in the next 6 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:20am On Sep 07, 2019
Faculty14:
Hi Justwise and other members in the house
Please I need help and proper advice concerning my visa application

I applied to join the British army here in Nigeria, I got an invitation letter which is to be used as supporting document for visa application. I'm booked for assessment on November..the assessment is to last for two days, but I was advised to be in the UK a week before my assessment by my recruiter

I'm currently not working, my mom is willing to sponsor my travel

As part of my application process to join the army. I'm required to have a sponsor in the UK who can accommodate me. We've reached out to a family friend whose willing to accommodate me , but all expenses for the trip is on my mom

I'll like to know what other documents I'm to attach for my visa application aside my mom's bank statement and that of my sponsor in the UK

I currently have just 214k in my account

What are my chances of getting a visa

You need to attach your birthday certificate and a letter Of support from your mother and your UK sponsor. Basically a letter stating that they have agreed to sponsor your trip
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 6:26am On Sep 07, 2019
justwise:

1.How many times do you plan to visit the UK in the 5 years?

2. Can you afford to make frequent travel to the ? This could be once or twice a year

You can get 5 years if you convince the ECO that you need to travel to the UK often in the next 6 years

Hello Justwise, thanks for your response.
1) I plan to visit the uk once a year.

2) Yes, I can afford to travel once a year because my job won’t let me travel more than once and I’ve also got a good paying job.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:56am On Sep 07, 2019
Suuz:

Hello Justwise, thanks for your response.
1) I plan to visit the uk once a year.

2) Yes, I can afford to travel once a year because my job won’t let me travel more than once and I’ve also got a good paying job.

Ok give 5yrs a try and explain the need for yearly visit to the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 6:57am On Sep 07, 2019
Bay1989:

Hello,

what if I want to travel by car in UK from London to Edinburgh. I have distant relatives in Edinburgh. Do i need to mention that in my application? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Your destination is London, put that in your application letter, don't start giving stories about traveling with car from London to some where else to see other relatives.

Once you get to London, u can choose to tour the whole UK. Focus on your main destination and make your itinerary simple and precise.

Too much story, sometimes confuse the ECO.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Justblow: 7:01am On Sep 07, 2019
Menakay:

Someone must not be a frequent traveler b4 he or she can apply for 5 years after the initial 6 months with just 1 trip.

Applicant circumstances are mostly different, being on the save side is better.

Don't forget that individual application are accessed and judge base on their personal circumstance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Faculty14(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2019
justwise:

You need to attach your birthday certificate and a letter Of support from your mother and your UK sponsor. Basically a letter stating that they have agreed to sponsor your trip

Thanks for your response

Is there any need for me to attach my personal bank statement??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Faculty14(m): 8:11am On Sep 07, 2019
olafamzy87:
@faculty14, am not trying to dash your hope bro, you will need to produce a very fine application for the visa to be granted.
Pray hard, anything is possible. Am talking from experience.
I'm presently working on presenting a fine application, so I don't get denied
I'm really hoping for a miracle from God

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.