Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson (1937 Views)

Two Half-Nude Ladies Beat Me Mercilessly In My Boyfriend's House / When A Girl Says "I Don't Want Your Girlfriend To Come And Beat Me" / Dorcas Shola Fapson: Feminism And Gender Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2019
Dorcas Fapson is trending on Twitter following the release of her adaptation of Paulette Kelly’s poem, “I Got Flowers Today’’ (1992).

The peom chronicles the various steps in an abusive relationship. And how important it is for Women to speak out and find support: see video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kdDQLFd_GU

Here is the full peom, enjoy :

I got flowers today. It wasn't my birthday or any other special day. We had our first argument last night. He said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me. I know he was sorry and didn't mean the things he said. Because I got flowers today.

I got flowers today. It wasn't our anniversary or any other special day. Last night, he threw me into a wall and started to choke me. It seemed like a nightmare. I couldn't believe it was real. I woke up this morning sore and bruised all over. I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today. It wasn't Mother's Day or any other special day. Last night, he beat me up again. And it was much worse than all other times. If I leave him, what will I do? How will I take care of my kids? What about money? I' m afraid of him and scared to leave. But I know he must be sorry Because he sent me flowers today.

I got flowers today. Today was a very special day. It was the day of my funeral. Last night he finally killed me. He beat me to death.
If only I had gathered enough courage and strength to leave him, I would not have gotten flowers today.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by Nastydroid(m): 11:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
undecided
Re: I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by sisisioge: 2:54am On Jun 09, 2019
To every woman out there...even if God refused to move that mountain for you, please pray that He appeases you with the strength to climb it before it's too late. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 09, 2019
Nastydroid:
undecided
I have completed it now, come and comment.
Re: I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by Skmoda360(m): 7:12am On Jun 09, 2019
When the beating is getting outta hands just move on, in short divorce the nigga cuz live don't have duplicate.
my two cents

2 Likes

Re: I Got Flowers Today, And He Beat Me To Death : Dorcas Shola Fapson by meobizy(f): 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
If not the fact this Yoruba woman is a lunatic I wouldn’t have minded us hooking up.

(1) (Reply)

Someone Shud Help Me.. Am On Hot Seat � / Sugar Daddy Connection In Abuja Call Agnt 07045976958 / I Was Debited By Flutterwave And Who Are They?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.