Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,497 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals (941 Views)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by Shegman22(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2019
We all have our personal preferences when it comes to what animals to eat. Some persons refuse to eat certain animals either because they are vegetarians or for spiritual, health or cultural reasons.
Animals like Pig, Snail, Camel, Hare, and Rabbit.
Some Christians refuse to such animals because they are according to the bible "unclean".
But what if I told you, that it is actually okay to eat them?
Let me clarify that for you.
It is true that the Bible did warn about eating unclean animals in Leviticus chapter 11 vs 1-47, the rabbit and the pig being chief amongst them. And God even chided us not to touch their dead bodies, because they are spiritually bad for us.

Today, most Christians still follow this instruction.
But, did you also know that in Acts chapter 10 vs 13-15 God showed the above-mentioned animals to Peter and asked him to kill it? Because nothing he (God) created was unclean.
If these animals that we tag as unclean in the bible are so bad, why then did God give them to Peter to eat?

When the instruction not to eat certain animals were given in the old testament, it was given in a time of the law when everything was liable for punishment. That time many of the rules that were made, where harsh and to keep the people then from sinning.
But in the new testament, during the time of grace and forgiveness, God himself instructed that it is now okay to eat these animals. He himself has made them clean.
So if God has said those animals are clean, why are you still calling them unclean? Why do you refuse to eat them?
It is understandable if you still won't eat some of these meats due to health reasons. But if your reason for eating them is because of what Leviticus chapter 11 vs 1-47 unclean, then you have nothing to worry about.
Christians, every animal created by God is clean, and anybody can eat anything they want.
Like and share.
Let us know your thoughts
Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by LamidicownuBSS: 10:10am On Jun 09, 2019
The scripture did not permit nor restrict anyone from eating, if u want to eat, eat if only u will no not vomit.

freedom not slavery compare to my...........
Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 09, 2019
Being a Christian is hard ooo cry cry
One day taking vitamin c is a sin, pork now is a sin, tomorrow rice is a sin

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by Nbote(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2019
Christ himself told his disciples dat it isn't what a person eats or puts in his mouth dat makes him unclean
Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by CAPSLOCKED: 11:04am On Jun 09, 2019
Nbote:
Christ himself told his disciples dat it isn't what a person eats or puts in his mouth dat makes him unclean

GOD HIMSELF GAVE A LIST OF "UNCLEAN ANIMALS" THAT BELIEVERS SHOULDN'T EAT. THESE ANIMALS INCLUDE PRAWNS AND CRAYFISHES.

IF YOU GO AHEAD AND MAKE YOUR SOUP AND STEW WITH CRAYFISH FOR CONSUMPTION THEN YOU'RE DISOBEYING GOD'S COMMANDS. YOU'RE A SINNER. ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH THAT GAY PERSON OR ADULTERER YOU ALWAYS CONDEMN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by CosmicPhoenix: 11:11am On Jun 09, 2019
god said one thing,jesus said another,which one christians go believe now

Nbote:
CAPSLOCKED:

GOD HIMSELF GAVE A LIST OF "UNCLEAN ANIMALS" THAT BELIEVERS SHOULDN'T EAT. THESE ANIMALS INCLUDE PRAWNS AND CRAYFISHES.

IF YOU GO AHEAD AND MAKE YOUR SOUP AND STEW WITH CRAYFISH FOR CONSUMPTION THEN YOU'RE DISOBEYING GOD'S COMMANDS. YOU'RE A SINNER. ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH THAT GAY PERSON OR ADULTERER YOU ALWAYS CONDEMN.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by CAPSLOCKED: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2019
CosmicPhoenix:
god said one thing,jesus said another,which one christians go believe now

JESUS, GOD, MATTHEW, LUKE, ETC, ALL CONTRADICTED THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES... SEVERALLY. THEY SAY ONE THING IN THIS VERSE, AND SAY ANOTHER CONTRADICTORY AND MEANINGLESS SHĮT IN THE NEXT.

THE BIBLE IS A COMIC BOOK. THE WORST IN HISTORY FOR THAT MATTER.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by chijokz(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

JESUS, GOD, MATTHEW, LUKE, ETC, ALL CONTRADICTED THEMSELVES BY THEMSELVES... SEVERALLY. THEY SAY ONE THING IN THIS VERSE, AND SAY ANOTHER CONTRADICTORY AND MEANINGLESS SHĮT IN THE NEXT.

I've a meeting with a pastor this weekend to discuss tithes, sowing seeds, contradictory bible verses, etc..Can you share some strong contradictory verses and your assertions on tithes to make my debate stronger..Thanks.
Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by CAPSLOCKED: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
chijokz:

I've a meeting with a pastor this weekend to discuss tithes, sowing seeds, contradictory bible verses, etc..Can you share some strong contradictory verses and your assertions on tithes to make my debate stronger..Thanks.

ENGAGING WITH YOUR PASTOR ON THIS DISCUSSION IS LIKE TELLING A GOAT IT SHOULDN'T EAT PEOPLE'S YAMS.

IT KNOWS IT SHOULDN'T, BUT WILL STILL GO ON ANYWAY.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by hakeem4(m): 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
chijokz:

they are very easy to find on the internet. But I’d advise you not to argue with any religious leader because majority of the answers you’d hear are
1) he works in a mysterious way
2) you cannot understand the way of god
3) gods ways are different from men
4) the foolishness of god is wiser than the wisdom of men

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by CMdunk35: 11:59am On Apr 11
CAPSLOCKED:

I don't know if you'll see this since it has been a few years since you made this comment.
That verse is not a contradiction.

-In Leveticus, God said not to eat pork. Understand the context of the verse in Leveticus. God was travelling with the Israelites, which of course, required them to be ritually clean. That was why there were a lot of rules. Against women on their periods, people with skin diseases, and what people wore(no mixing two fabrics) and of course the pork issue. The metaphorical wall still existed between God and mankind, including his people (Israel). There needed to be a form of cleanliness, in the form of the law to bridge God and man.

-By God's grace, the wall, the veil is torn down. Jesus serves as the means to connect God and man. Those rules don't apply anymore because Jesus already completed that for us. The bridge is already solidified, and we don't need to refrain from certain foods etc to make us clean, because accepting Jesus's sacrifice already makes us clean.

I hope you understand. God bless you.
Re: Why It Is Okay For Christians To Eat Pork And Other Unclean Animals by sonmvayina(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11
They are not under the Jewish laws...

The 613 laws of the Jews belongs to them..

The only one we are called to keep is the 10 commandments...

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't The Church Help Member's In Need / What Is The Repentance That Leads To Salvation? / Why Did God Plant Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.