Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,381 members, 7,843,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25762 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

How is the world going to look at Nigeria now? I hope we don't become the new Iraq or Pakistan.

[size=14pt]I hope we DO! AND America controls Niger deltas Oil and Niger delta in general.[/size]

Hamid O:

One more of such attack n GEJ is classified as unfit to govern thanks to his own people, ND should thread softly b4 they bring down 1 of their own

HEHEH lol at this point if Jonathans own people militants or MEND cannot control their tempers then we might as well have IBB Gasau etc as president. fine with me.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by kabukabu(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
Celebrate 50 years, nigeria is the new Afghanistan, thanks to boko haram
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

How is the world going to look at Nigeria now? I hope we don't become the new Iraq or Pakistan.

The world looks at us the way we look at ourselves - just read all what people say about Nigeria on NairaLand alone.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
Why in the world is people talking about politics?  shocked

I thought it was about the innocent lives lost?

People are already making political plans. Heartless bastardsss
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is revolution - just as prescribed on Nairaland - yipeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2010
MaziUche

Yesterday - you were for revolution. I guess this is what you mean? As in the start?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=523232.msg6853994#msg6853994
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
kabukabu:

Celebrate 50 years, nigeria is the new Afghanistan, thanks to boko haram

correct yo!
kabukabu:

[size=13pt]Celebrate 50 years, nigeria is the new Afghanistan, thanks to NIGER DELTA MILITANTS AND BOKO HARAM[/size]
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

how would you look at nigeria

two days ago, nigeria was in the news for the kidnap of 15 children ,
today terrorists have attacked the nation golden jubilee celebrations.
radical islamist fundmentalism is rearing its head in the north
there is an uncontained  CHOLERA outbreak in the north,
there is flooding in the north and people have been displaced
a town in the east is referred to as kidnap city because kidnappes ahve become the law over there
armed robbers have also become the law in this same town.
the presidents wife is giving out bags of rice. the country is investing 17 billion in 'jubilee celebrations'

how do you spell failing state?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dolemite(f): 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
@labiyemmy:

This is revolution - just as prescribed on Nairaland - yipeeeeeeeeeee
Surely you can't be serious.  undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
Illiterate daf.ts,block heads,fools called mend,mumus get education,ur states are favoured well with scholarships,ur states recieve biggest busary amount in naija,u guys have higher chances of employment in oil companies than other states,ur states are more developed than other states.yet unrepentant idio.ts,chick.en brains kill innocent people in da name of freedom fighting.go compare una states with southeast less development buh normal literacy level.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

Sharap, miserable winsh.

am i the one sounding like a miserable rat here, or is it you.

stop spamming the forum you beast of no lineage.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

Surely you can't be serious.  undecided

Read this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=523232.msg6853994#msg6853994

The same people screaming for revolution yesterday -

I guess this is what they meant?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bawomolo(m): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
smh yall brought personal beefs to this thread. ha ha
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Did I not say that a revolution should be aimed at the politicians? Not innocent people.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
Why is anybody worrying about how the World looks at us? Thats a really funny thought.

The average Nigerian would slap the next person on the street, because he has more money or "knows somebody." Our politicians are the highest paid in the whole wide World, Abuja will spend money from the ND like there is no tomorrow, while the place is the most polluted oil bearing area in the whole World. . . Why are you concerened about how the World views Nigeria?

It is the rest of the World that tells the average Nigerian how much he is suffering, because he doesn't even know; the fcker would rather spend his wretched life hailing his oppressor as "alaye" and abusing others that seem more downtrodden than himself. . . Why are you concerened about how the World views Nigeria?

Nigerians don't care about how they are viewed, otherwise we would have repaired the leaky boat long since.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bomly(f): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nah quarrel, this is just a way to suggest and keep up one spirit of development. Nigeria is is a developing country, we are growing and we would get there, it may take long time but the most important thing is we are beginning to take steps that would improve our past. I am not in support of the blast at all but what can I say than keep up a positive spirit.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dolemite(f): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

how would you look at nigeria

two days ago, nigeria was in the news for the kidnap of 15 children ,
today terrorists have attacked the nation golden jubilee celebrations.
radical islamist fundmentalism is rearing its head in the north
there is an uncontained  CHOLERA outbreak in the north,
there is flooding in the north and people have been displaced
a town in the east is referred to as kidnap city because kidnappes ahve become the law over there
armed robbers have also become the law in this same town.
the presidents wife is giving out bags of rice. the country is investing 17 billion in 'jubilee celebrations'

how do you spell failing state?  

Most of these problems are internal like cholera, kidnapping, restlessness in the north. . .terrorism can be viewed as a global threat. Too much for Nigeria in my opinion.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Pharoh: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
Emzybrown:

Illiterate daf.ts,block heads,fools called mend,mumus get education,your states are favoured well with scholarships,your states  recieve biggest busary amount in naija,u guys have higher chances of employment in oil companies than other states,your states are more developed than other states.yet unrepentant idio.ts,chick.en brains kill innocent people in da name of freedom fighting.go compare una states with southeast less development buh normal literacy level.

Are the above what MEND has been asking for?

Please people should stop linking MEND with goodluck . . there is no connection between this two. Goodluck is the president of nigeria and not the president of niger delta.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2010
oyb:

what the fck are you smoking?

is the state of the nd sole the blame of the fg?

what are the governors doing with their allocations?

you lot are the same people who will help ibori escape from the clutches of the law

I smoke benson & Hedges. Is Ibori worse than the sitting Governors today? He is just a victim of selective justice bro.  But I tell you, we will all see Ibori again holding political office once the same structure that MEND is fighting now continues to stand. The structure that sacked Ogbulafor in 2010[for a fraud of N100+ he committed in 2001} and replaced him with a Bigger thief, Nwodo who stole hundreds of millions of naira and scuttled the national identification project
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bomly(f): 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
It's complicated because the level of corruption has eaten deep into the system of the country but there is still a way though. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE TO ALL FELLOW NAIRALANDER
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dolemite(f): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

Why is anybody worrying about how the World looks at us? Thats a really funny thought.
You think things are bad now wait till the world gets afraid of us for being terrorists and slow international business transactions with us, then we're really screwed. Every country has problems some bigger than others but dammit you don't spread your dirty linen outside, independence day! the eyes of the world in on Nigeria today and they do this?  undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

Most of these problems are internal like cholera, kidnapping, restlessness in the north. . .terrorism can be viewed as a global threat. Too much for Nigeria in my opinion.

Dolemite:

You think things are bad now wait till the world gets afraid of us for being terrorists and slow international business transactions with us, then we're really screwed. Every country has problems some bigger than others but dammit you don't spread your dirty linen outside, independence day! the eyes of the world in on Nigeria today and they do this? undecided

[size=13pt]I want Nigeria to be the next Iraq really when is AFRICOM coming to control the Northern terrorists and the Niger deltan terrorist freedom fighters Oil.[/size]

it sounds like a Good Idea to me.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2010
Pharoh:

Are the above what MEND has been asking for?

Please people should stop linking MEND with goodluck . . there is no connection between this two. Goodluck is the president of nigeria and not the president of niger delta.

One does not have to link the two to know there is something not right here. Niger Delta receives the most allocations and thanks the Yar adua, the most attention compared to any other region in that country today. Boko Haram did not get paid off for all the kidnappings and killings carried out, MEND and other Niger Deltan terror groups did.  So, yes, his issue is a valid one.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 6:56pm On Oct 01, 2010

you must be joking.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
Im so proud of those MEND boys, at least we still have some people in nigeria who are intelligent enough to understand that the only language that those psychopathic bastards will ever understand is the language of violence.

I only pray that next time they suceed in killing a few of those ugly bastards , perhaps they could focus on bombing key govt locations rather than areas where civllian density is high.  I'd love to turn on the tv and find out that the whole of the nigerian  national assembly has been wiped off the face of this earth from one bomb explosion, these animals will never budge from their position until some of them start being killed.

I think we need to organise and form an underground movement capable of doing a lot of damage to them, since this oil is their lifeline it should be cut off so that nobody benefits from it and then lets see how far they get, my only fear is the west will come running to their rescue and we will have a repeat of Biafra, but to be honest if we dont want our children and our grandchildren to be born into slavery this is the only option open to us.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dede1(m): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
If MEND is responsible for the car bomb in Abuja or not, I do not bloody care. I have seen worse than the scene displayed after the alleged car bomb. This pales in status when compared with loads of train coaches that brought dead innocent easterners to Enugu, Umuahia, Aba and Port Harcourt.  What about strafing of innocent children at feeding centers by Nigerian MIGs?  

If Nigeria is not peacefully disintegrated, the talk of revolution is a child play because war of attrition waits in the wing.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Gbawe: 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
Dolemite:

It is how we look at ourselves that matter. Enough of the World's two-faced criticism of "savage conduct" from the "savage continent" when they are guilty of the same. The hypocrites must think we do not know history at all . The UK , for example , cannot talk . I lived through the era when the IRA was active . I was near the sight of the dockland IRA bombing , in 1996, when the area had to be evacuated.

As far as we know , MEND has not behaved less admirably than other militant groups,  like the IRA, who are romanticised and eulogised for their "noble ideals" and " just agitations" . MEND say they warned the appropriate authorities who consequently, and as Nigerians have come to expect, failed to act appropriately to ensure innocent citizens remained safe. What happened today was fairly commonplace in the UK in the past. What is different is that you can always expect the UK's security apparatus to swing into immediate and full motion in doing everything possible to assist the efficient evacuation of danger zones.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by benlay(m): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
it's so obnoxious how some NL has allowed their anger at the government to cloud their judgment about the blast in Abuja, if MEND was truly responsible, what's their objectives, they might have to tell us so we know they are now terrorists,  this is barbaric, uncultured and inhumane. This has to stop, it can continue to be business as usual for them and even the heartless politicians as well.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
cap28:

Im so proud of those MEND boys, at least we still have some people in nigeria who are intelligent enough to understand that the only language that those psychopathic bastards will ever understand is the language of violence.

But to date, MEND has yet to DIRECTLY affect any of the Psychopthic bastards you refer to, not one! Even the kidnappers in Aba are harming civilians and not necessarily the politicians. So are you sure these your intelligent folks are really as intelligent as you are all too willing to claim they are?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dolemite(f): 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
cap28:

I kind of hope your mother was blown up in that explosion you know? people who praise war and violence often times haven't lived through it!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

oyb wants all ND people to be sent to the gas chamber. We know where the blood thirsty chimp is coming from. The unreformed tribalist hates anything ND.
Fcking gutter waste.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-464527.32.html#msg6238782

dude, i don't swing that way, is patience blocking u from gej's nuts  cheesy cheesy cheesy

na wa o - see as my beatdowns of this poor misguided twit have him calling my name like a  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sadomasochist  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by labiyemmy(m): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
The people killed, woke up like me and you, and made their way to celebrate Nigeria at 50 - but some hoodlums cut their lives short- why?

and someone in his or her right senses say well done to them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Abduslami Abubakar Visits Seyi Makinde, Oyo State Governor. Pics / Kaduna Train Attack: Tinubu Donates ₦50 Million To Injured Victims / Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.