Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25730 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

Tell me thats what you think you've been doing over the years, typing words in full all in the name of intelligence. As long as people get what you are saying then you are communicating, I have just seen the new release of your usual post on this page. It's the same thing as parts 1 and 2, nothing changed. It suggests to me that you are jobless especially when your target oyb sees non of it

Dude, I know its difficult for you to accept, but texting is for messaging between mobile phones. It is also a preoccupation of adolescent teenagers, but there always comes a time to grow up (which I note you have suddenly done). Great!

Now get on your bike.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by djcrucifix(m): 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
so much for independence
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by GAR3TH(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mend could go to hell  angry a hole bunch of pussies. wasn't this the same mend that called for a time out, when they were getting there asses kick by the JTF. car bombs + guerrilla warfare= a bunch of pussies.

and for those who say that the security sucked,  why naija, only in naija, well look at this video, very funny.

[flash=480,385]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaXHKIFiTzo?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

corrected the video
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, I know its difficult for you to accept, but texting is for messaging between mobile phones. It is also a preoccupation of adolescent teenagers, but there always comes a time to grow up (which I note you have suddenly done). Great!

Now get on your bike.

I'm doing that for you alone so don't get too excited. I'm sure you tweet in full on twitter too, or is tweeting also a preoccupation of adolescent teenagers. I'm so stunned by your way of thinking. Try and get the meaning of communication, it'll help you alot.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

I'm doing that for you alone so don't get too excited. I'm sure you tweet in full on twitter too, or is tweeting also a preoccupation of adolescent teenagers. I'm so stunned by your way of thinking. Try and get the meaning of communication, it'll help you alot.

Don't worry, I'll soon be communicating with you in Isoko, because I understand it. It will be "communication" if you don't.
. . .And please stick to the way you are writing now. Many will appreciate you for it.

I'm sure you're a nice guy caught up in a long running thing you don't know about (read it); https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-523493.192.html#msg6857115
So, hey! I have nothing against you.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by paulmamud(m): 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
Tahir was about 28. Unassuming and really smart. worked with EFCC. Got married last year and his wife just had a baby. bade her farewell this morning and went to the Eagle square with a friend. Now he is dead. Can anyone explain to his wife or child why he would never come home again? Its easy to say a lot of stuff but when the corpses arent just something you see on TV but people you put a name and face to,maybe a little restraint is in order here. i feel unimaginable pain cos he is dead. And no amount of logic or argument can justify why Tahir had to die.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jmoore(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
Anyone that supports MEND's action in this bomb incident is a complete fool!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DrAdre(m): 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is a National Disgrace embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by D3rdeye: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
jmoore:

Seconded!!!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
It wasn't MEND. It was IBB that did it. He did it to make GEJ look bad.  cool
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
jmoore:

paulmamud:

Tahir was about 28. Unassuming and really smart. worked with EFCC. Got married last year and his wife just had a baby. bade her farewell this morning and went to the Eagle square with a friend. Now he is dead. Can anyone explain to his wife or child why he would never come home again? Its easy to say a lot of stuff but when the corpses arent just something you see on TV but people you put a name and face to,maybe a little restraint is in order here. i feel unimaginable pain cos he is dead. And no amount of logic or argument can justify why Tahir had to die.

Okay, can anyone explain to all the families whose children has been killed by stray bullets, extra judicail killings, auto crash resulting from illegalcheck points by the Police? or i get it, They are notas bad as todays bombings! Peeps hold ur leaders accountable !
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2010
Babzilla:

It wasn't MEND. It was IBB that did it. He did it to make GEJ look bad.  cool

Na true oh! Who would have thoughtLOL
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Dolemite(f): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson, In this case patriots died sadly, but no tyrants were harmed unfortunately. . .
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
What do MEND want? It's so embarassing to Nigeria. Now that it is their ss brother on the top of political affairs in nigeria, what if it was someone else, what wld they have done? Its condemnable.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jmoore(m): 10:32pm On Oct 01, 2010
DASLEEKY:

Okay, can anyone explain to all the families whose children has been killed by stray bullets, extra judicail killings, auto crash resulting from illegalcheck points by the Police? or i get it,  They are notas bad as todays bombings! Peeps hold your leaders accountable !
stop hiding. if you support this bomb incident then you must be foolish!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
jmoore:

stop hiding. if you support this bomb incident then you must be foolish!

And King Solomon II art thou!Hope you are happy now, 
Mind you
Dolemite:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson, In this case patriots died sadly, but no tyrants were harmed unfortunately. . .
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by jmoore(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
only those who have nothing to contribute to this world will act as osama bin laden!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by MaziUche0(m): 10:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
This is the first shots of war believe it or not.

It always take once incident. Look at how WWI started. Because the Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated in Serbia. It only took one moment to plunge the entire world in war. ONE MOMENT! No one knew back then that all this would happen.

Now this one act will cause problems for the future. YOU CAN QUOTE ME!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by okunoba(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
@Hamid, If MEND can't talk constructively 2 President Goodluck who is also from d ND, who then will they talk to. True talk, reason tells me it can`t be mend it`s definitely the work of President Jonathan`s political rivals/enemies  who want to discredit his presidency and show him up as a weak  leader who is leading Nigeria to disaster and possible break up, which is what the Military boys fear the most. With this in mind the politicians might just decide to select IBB for the presidency to prevent a military coup in which they will all lose their jobs.  The evil man is at it again.

I think it`s the work of the usual suspects, the military boys, IBB, and the rest of them. They paid some mend members to do it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
okunoba:

@Hamid, If MEND can't talk constructively 2 President Goodluck who is also from d ND, who then will they talk to. True talk, reason tells me it can`t be mend it`s definitely the work of President Jonathan`s political rivals/enemies  who want to discredit his presidency and show him up as a weak  leader who is leading Nigeria to disaster and possible break up, which is what the Military boys fear the most. With this in mind the politicians might just decide to select IBB for the presidency to prevent a military coup in which they will all lose their jobs.  The evil man is at it again.

I think it`s the work of the usual suspects, the military boys, IBB, and the rest of them. They paid some mend members to do it.

Please let's stop this conspiracy theory, Mend Thru Jomo Gbomo said it will and It has or did u hear Jomo Gbomo deny it
Or u think they operate @ the level of OPC/MASSOB (No disrespect though)
May God protect all the CHE GUEVARAs of this struggle to make the country better
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by mercy307(m): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
May the Almighty God help the perpetrators of this ill to understand that no problem is ever solved by violence. Are those who lost their lives in the incident responsible for the existence, if any, of the problem that prompted the blast.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ okunoba, u reason constructively because at first mend didn't admit responsibility but at the second they did, why i reason with u is that mend shld issue a press statement by their spoke person Cynthia whyte to clear the air as any organisation must have an authorised spokeman/woman. But dn't point accusing fingers yet.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ okunoba, u reason constructively because at first mend didn't admit responsibility but at the second they did, why i reason with u is that mend shld issue a press statement by their spoke person Cynthia whyte to clear the air as any organisation must have an authorised spokeman/woman. But dn't point accusing fingers yet.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ehoi: 11:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
I don't know why some people want to believe its not MEND behind the bombing.
They gave warning and confirmed it after the bomb. I believe they used the same email address of mr gbomo. the truth us, MEND are hard nuts who have swore to a course. I don't think these guys care if the president come from the niger delta or not neither do i think they are here for the a short ride.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ehoi: 11:03pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nsiman:

Cynthia white is not MEND spoke person. Anytime cynthia white try to speak for MEND, mr gbomo always issue a statement denying it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 11:08pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ ehoi, every organisation has an authorised spokeperson, so mend's spokeperson shld issue a press statement because somebody can gain access to one's pass word and use his email. Though am not saying it's them or not.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ehoi: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nsiman
But they have already done that through Mr Gbomo. Mr Gbomo has been their only outlet since the organization started. Personally I believe MEND is a lot bigger than what we think. I believe their tentacles reaches inside the army and government and I also believe the internhational community is behind them. If now, why have the government been unable to unmask who is behind that email account mr gbomo uses?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
@ ehoi, pls i stand to be corrected, who is mend's official spoke person, and if cynthia whyte is someone else am sorry for using the name.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziccoit: 11:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
 MEND have always had my support until now. This people are made up of brainless jobless idiots. Why on earth could they go this far. How many Jonathan, obj, Atiku and their likes relatives were among the deads? You are fighting freedom by killing those you meant to free. This is a high level of crooked thinking. These people should abode among the schizophrenias. They need full psychiatrist assessment and intervention. Else their family members are in dangers.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 11:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
Yes i have read the story on the web page is found and it says bomb must have been planted by a government security service.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bdidi: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
To playmode or whatever his name is---- You're a fool and also a child. You sit in South Africa and make all those mouth of yours. what are you doing in S.A If you know you want to be part of Naija Development why not come to Naija. Stop being foolish. You are calling what happened today a kind of revolution, please that is pure terrorism. I am sure innocent lives where lost what do you make out of that, fool. You have never seen a war before all you do is sit in front of a computer and say those stupid words of yours and call people monkey while you are the monkey.

If you know say you be strong person come nigeria and try and develop your country. i want to believe you are not a Nigerian fool. You dey S.A dey form oyibo, you don lost o!!!!

People like you, if them give you leadership role like the President wetin you go fit do? Stupid!!!! your mind is rotten, you are in S.A and blabbing your mouth. I am so so sorry for you and your children.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ehoi: 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nsiman:

@ ehoi, pls i stand to be corrected, who is mend's official spoke person, and if cynthia whyte is someone else am sorry for using the name.
Nsiman
A lot of people confuse many issues about MEND. To understand who is in charge of MEND, you need to know the background of the organization and how it works.  Some groups of people who were formally under Dokubo left after he was arrested. they then decided to change the way their militants orgazation is run. They became a faceless group with no one leader. That is a why they don't have a physical spoke person. Anything they want to say is spoken through mr gbomo. Of course mr gbomo is a faceless person but he used a particular email address. So anything that comes from that email address is authentically from the real MEND.

MEND structure is very fluid. They have their core fighters but they are also affiliated with hundreds of militant group all over the niger delta. Over the years MEND have been able to spread its tentacles to every corner of the niger delta through these affiliated groups. Cynthia white is just the spoke person of one of the group MEND is affiliated to. But they are not MEND but they like to speak for MEND sometimes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Harrison Odungwere: In Ogale, We Cook, Bathe With Table Water / Agitate For Oodua Nation Within Ambit Of Law, YCE Cautions Igboho, Others / Supreme Court To Appoint 8 Justices To Make 21 Supreme Court Justices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.