Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,233 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25758 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
****Sniff Sniff**** I smell the hands of IBB and his Pro- Zoning cohorts in this attack.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by OAM4J: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
dayokanu:

Sad.

That MEND would be the one to scuttle the Presidential ambition of a Niger Deltan

Gbam!!! So sad.

Whichever way Jonathan responds to this will not augur well for his campaign.

I honestly dont know what MEND have to gain with this. Too bad if they allowed themselves to be used.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Onlytruth(m): 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2010
And I'm looking at the picture strategically, not tactically.

Right now, the main political issue is whether Jonathan will continue in office or not.
If I were a Niger deltan, I won't bomb Abuja at this point.

Unless, Jonathan does not have any control of his own base and region.

So, my focus is on Jonathan's presidency, or rather Nigeria's presidency going forward.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by monkeyleg: 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
Lets not forget that this is a true reflection of state of Nigeria. Remember that 3 months ago we had the massacre of Innocent women and children in Jos, then it was the brutal murder of passengers by Armed Robbers, what about all the kidnapping. Lets not focus on mend alone, the whole country is @ crisis point, and it was bound to happen, especially with the sort of government we have had for so long. I am really not suprised at this, to be honest. Nigeria is one big powder keg waiting to be ignited.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND's bombing of abj has not in anyway hampered GEj's chances IMO. If anything this is the time for a person who understands the plight of the people from that region to try convincing them to remain.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
Quote from Sbeezy8
Who are they? Jonathan the president is from the Niger delta.

And your point is

Are you so dumb that  you can't see that Jonathan is part of Nigeria's ruling elite and therefore has absolutely no connection whatsoever with MEND.  So, in your book  because Jonathan is from the Niger Delta he will automatically have an allegiance to MEND - how dumb?

The nigerian elite make up just 1 % of the nigerian population but they are enjoying 95% of the wealth of the country, they are not only from the north there are some southern traitors in that group too and Jonathan is one of them so wake up and stop deceiving yourself into thinking that because he is from the niger delta he has some sort of hidden allegiance with MEND.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
The group said the explosive devices had been planted by "operatives working inside the government security services."

they will be smoked out one by one.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2010
cap28:

And your point is

Are you so dumb that you can't see that Jonathan is part of Nigeria's ruling elite and therefore has absolutely no connection whatsoever with MEND. So, in your book because Jonathan is from the Niger Delta he will automatically have an allegiance to MEND - how dumb?

The nigerian elite make up just 1 % of the nigerian population but they are enjoying 95% of the wealth of the country, they are not only from the north there are some southern traitors in that group too and Jonathan is one of them so wake up and stop deceiving yourself into thinking that because he is from the niger delta he has some sort of hidden allegiance with MEND.

keep fooling yourself since the truth is bitter!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Onlytruth(m): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2010
edoyad:

MEND's bombing of abj has not in anyway hampered GEj's chances IMO. If anything this is the time for a person who understands the plight of the people from that region to try convincing them to remain.

I hope you know that there are those itching to conduct a coup in Nigeria at this time, but they lack genuine reasons.

Also, don't forget that Nigeria is a country with international interests. Such interests will not want a weak leader in Nigeria. They need assurances that oil will continue to flow. If MEND elevates itself to a terrorist group (which is what this bombing will achieve if they did it), any military response by any leader at the center will be welcome by such international interests.
Like I said, I'm looking at the strategic picture. And my guiding question is this:

Why should Jonathan continue in office if he cannot rein in local terrorists?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

keep fooling yourself since the truth is bitter!!

Usually when you disagree with someone you explain why,  but i see that your pea brain cannot transmit adequate information across at any one time without going into spasms, pray tell, what is it that I am fooling myself about and what is this great truth that is bitter oh wise one?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2010
@only truth, Nigeria is today pumping over 2 million barrels me oil which is by far better than what it could do a few years back.
Secondly anybody stupd enough to carry out a coup in Nigeria today should be ready to be known in history as the man who finally broke Nigeria up.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Onlytruth(m): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2010
edoyad:

@only truth, Nigeria is today pumping over 2 million barrels me oil which is by far better than what it could do a few years back.
Secondly anybody stup�d enough to carry out a coup in Nigeria today should be ready to be known in history as the man who finally broke Nigeria up.

A coup can still happen if there is enough reasons to convince the international community of the need for one.
Nigeria is one not because we want it, but because of international interests.
A coup has not happened because such interests will not support it. It they do, it will happen. That is why I cannot believe that MEND will hand such people easy pretext for a coup.

Nobody wants a state of insecurity, whether Nigerians or the international community.
Like I said, the main issue is really Nigeria's presidency.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

If you had read the link, you wouldn't have come up with the crap you did earlier.
In any event, I'm finding it hard to comprehend what you are saying, because you are writing neither English nor Pidgin English. Its like something from hell that adolescents use to write little love nothings to each other; please communicate in English or Pidgin English, especially when you want to challenge another posters intelligence.

Hey, Nothing personal please, the fact that you didn't get my message because of simple things like pipo-people, y-why doesn't justify your silly repitition of one same post from the same person so many times. We actually got your message the first time and there was no need for the disturbance. I had to type simple words like "you" which i'll easily have typed as "u" just for your understanding,  wink wink  Mind you, typing words in full on NL doesn't make you intelligent.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Onlytruth(m): 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2010
Bombing pipelines leads to loss of oil and capital. Bombing cities leads to loss of lives; big difference.
Nigeria can still limp on if pipelines are bombed. Nigeria will have to stop and deal with MEND or whoever is behind this because people died and more people could die if not checked.
This can actually be the first shots of a full civil war if not dealt with.

The issue is Nigeria's presidency.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by cap28: 8:56pm On Oct 01, 2010
edoyad:

Secondly anybody stup�d enough to carry out a coup in Nigeria today should be ready to be known in history as the man who finally broke Nigeria up.

Yes lets continue to enjoy a life of servitude and squalor under the heel of the hausa fulani oligarchy.

By the way it seems you are unaware of the fact that nigeria is actually an artificial construct created by a member of the british aristocracy who went by the name Lord Lugard.  It is on record that Lugard beleived that nigerians were nothign more than savages and one night whilst enjoying a quiet evening with his girlfriend he asked her to suggest a name for this large land mass that he had succeeded in melding together into one large area, his girlfriend suggested nigeria or nigger area, Lugard laughed hysterically and thought it would be a laugh to call this awful mosquitoe infested hell hole nigger area and so thats how the name stuck, he later modifed it to nigeria as it sounded less offensive - that's the country you want us to prevent from fragmenting.  

the 2 million barrels of oil being pumped daily - are you benefitting from it? are you likely to benefit from it in the next 50 years? I have a feeling the answer to both questions is  a resounding NO!!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2010
For some odd reason I don't think MEND did this. While it might appear like the email came from MEND,I would rather give some time before concluding that MEND is responsible. Anybody can send and email and claim to be Jomo Gbomo from MEND.I would rather wait b4 concluding.

I also expect more acts of terrorism in the weeks to come siimilar to those of Aba and Abuja. Some folks are power drunk and would do anything possible to prevent a complete shift of power from the old guard. I see the hands of someone who is so desperate to become president in 2011. That same hand(IMHO) is responsible for the mayhem in Aba and is probably planning some more mayhem.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PapaBrowne don't be so naive, kidnappings have been going on for a while now, even before this up coming elections was announced. Why don't you blame the Abia State governor for what's happening in his state instead of ascribing the blame to someone else. The same way in which you are not so quick to blame MEND, maybe the same rule should apply to whoever you claim to be a suspect.

In a civilized world, people are suspected based on facts or evidence collected. If one is  suspected of committing a crime, he has to prove that he is innocent.

Right now, the little evidence being the email puts MEND as the major suspect; I guess we should wait for them to clear themselves and in the mean time, not point fingers at others as well.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

Hey, Nothing personal please, the fact that you didn't get my message because of simple things like pipo-people, y-why doesn't justify your silly repitition of one same post from the same person so many times. We actually got your message the first time and there was no need for the disturbance. I had to type simple words like "you" which i'll easily have typed as "u" just for your understanding,  wink wink  Mind you, typing words in full on NL doesn't make you intelligent.

But texting to a website does? Damn! shocked
Do you somehow think NL is a mobile phone owned by a teenager?

As for what I posted, I'd advise you to mind your business, because I will do it over and over and over again. So drop dead if you like, nothing will change.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2010
cap28:

Yes lets continue to enjoy a life of servitude and squalor under the heel of the hausa fulani oligarchy.

By the way it seems you are unaware of the fact that nigeria is actually an artificial construct created by a member of the british aristocracy who went by the name Lord Lugard.  It is on record that Lugard beleived that nigerians were nothign more than savages and one night whilst enjoying a quiet evening with his girlfriend he asked her to suggest a name for this large land mass that he had succeeded in melding together into one large area, his girlfriend suggested nigeria or nigger area, Lugard laughed hysterically and thought it would be a laugh to call this awful mosquitoe infested hell hole nigger area and so thats how the name stuck, he later modifed it to nigeria as it sounded less offensive - that's the country you want us to prevent from fragmenting. 

the 2 million barrels of oil being pumped daily - are you benefitting from it? are you likely to benefit from it in the next 50 years? I have a feeling the answer to both questions is  a resounding NO!!!!

^^stop killing yourself over lugard for goodness sake.

what's the origin of your own tribe's name? Or your hometown?

the entire nigeria is full of names derived from one place/event or the other.

some will say people were angry, therefore their town is called angry.

others say a calabash broke therefore the place is named broken calabash.

lagos is named after lagoons or farms either way.

how is this self defeating talk and waanking over lugard making anything better?

the day that oil dries up will be the day the curse is lifted from nigeria.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2010
beaf has 10018 posts, of which 10000 are plain trash spam.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sonyvaio(f): 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2010
My worst fears have been realised
Nigeria is the new Pakistan, Iraq etc
All these talk of one Nigeria will get us no where
Thank God I'm leaving in a few months time.
Imagine dying while celebrating 50 years of Nigerias failure and regression angry
I choose to be pessimistic about this country embarassed
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 9:14pm On Oct 01, 2010
tpiah:

^^stop killing yourself over lugard for goodness sake.

what's the origin of your own tribe's name? Or your hometown?

the entire nigeria is full of names derived from one place/event or the other.

some will say people were angry, therefore their town is called angry.

others say a calabash broke therefore the place is named broken calabash.

lagos is named after lagoons or farms either way.

how is this self defeating talk and waanking over lugard making anything better?

the day that oil dries up will be the day the curse is lifted from nigeria.

you dey mind that cap26 guy he be REALLLL HIDIOT
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by 7777(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
dat not gud for our country
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2010
@sonyvaio do you really believe that Liberia you're going to is safer than Nigeria ?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
This Jonathan Guy and ND will lose completely if they dont handle this properly.

Jonathan can be seen as weak and a northerner can become president. While that northerner is president Federalism probably wont happen cause Almost all Northerners will vote aginst it.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by afanda(m): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
I read with Disgust and Hate! Am @ a lost as 2 y MEND carried out this Senseless Attack!! I shed so many tears for the Faithfully departed: innocent victims!!! If MEND has got Beaf with d order of things strick in d rite direction, Strategy is d name of d Game. I lost a Friend in this Madness!!! MEND sold out. God Bless d Dead. God Bless Naija!!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2010
Beaf:

But texting to a website does? Damn! shocked
[b]Do you somehow think NL is a mobile phone owned by a teenager?[/b]As for what I posted, I'd advise you to mind your business, because I will do it over and over and over again. So drop dead if you like, nothing will change.

Tell me thats what you think you've been doing over the years, typing words in full all in the name of intelligence. As long as people get what you are saying then you are communicating, I have just seen the new release of your usual post on this page. It's the same thing as parts 1 and 2, nothing changed. It suggests to me that you are jobless especially when your target oyb sees non of it
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sizzlers(m): 9:20pm On Oct 01, 2010
i hate this fighting you guys are endurging in. we are all prisoners wheather u like it or not and dont 4get that we are also on transit just a little while everything will pass away so dont kill broda cos of d way things are going in the country. soja go soja come live must go on,
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Gayigaskia(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2010
MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by HamidO1(m): 9:23pm On Oct 01, 2010
afanda:

I read with Disgust and Hate! Am @ a lost as 2 y MEND carried out this Senseless Attack!! I shed so many tears for the Faithfully departed: innocent victims!!! If MEND has got Beaf with d order of things strick in d rite direction, Strategy is d name of d Game. I lost a Friend in this Madness!!! MEND sold out. God Bless d Dead. God Bless Naija!!!

@Beaf, Just occured to me thats what you call yourself.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kelvinj(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2010
Gayigaskia:

MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.

lwkmd, abeg make that 1 no happen
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Beaf: 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2010
Hamid O:

@Beaf, Just occured to me thats what you call yourself.

If I'm thinking what you are thinking, then spelling is also one of your shortcomings.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sbeezy8: 9:28pm On Oct 01, 2010
Gayigaskia:

MEND is about to deny their own people the chance to lead the country. what do these people want? Their own is President and will be for at least the next 4 years, it may look like this is the best time for them to consolidate and make their demands come true. [size=15pt]By doing this I hope A Hausa General will take Nigeria over tonight and deal appropriately with these criminals. I said a Hausa general because that would be their worst nightmare.[/size]

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

Enugu Attack: Police Releases Statement / NJC Clears CJN Ariwoola’s Son, 22 Others, As Federal Judges. / Yero, El-rufai Win Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.