Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,173 members, 7,842,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25760 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nymphnode(m): 4:56am On Oct 02, 2010
I just came in tonight and I usually read through before I comment . Yeah I cant do that right now but I will want to jump in by saying that the MENDer 's warned us about what's is to ensure. And in our neglect of 2 Face quote o 'nothing dey happen' we neglect one sure escape, , They should have target teed a foreigner and lets see how much of Soyinka's  English will be able to vindicate us, Happy Hanibalsry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 4:56am On Oct 02, 2010
MEND wanted attention and it seems they gat what they are looking for.17 pages and still counting.
No form of extra-judicial killing is justified.
Two wrongs can never make a right.
I know a friend that knows two of the people that died.May God have mercy on their families.
Its no funny thing killing a human life all for the sake of driving home a point when the person involved never did a crime.
So sad some folks here are supporting such acts of barbarism all for the sake of being maltreated.
Even the people that died in the blast are also victims of the misrule of the goverment you e-diots say you are fighting.
No one is anylonger safe in Nigeria because thats how kidnapping started and now its a cancer in the fabric of the society.
Prof. Soyinka founded the Pirates confraternity for personal reasons and its ended up turning our schools into intellectual graveyards.
MEND started kidnapping and its now the worst nightmare of SE Nigeria.
Kaduna Religious crisis was the turning point of religious fanatism(stupidity) and ever since northern Nigeria has never been able to completelh move away from such despicable acts.
MEND as it is now wants to usher in a new product ''BOMB YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS AND WIN SOME COOL CASH'', may Allah putrify them for such evil deeds.
may the souls of the departed rest in peace.Amin.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 4:58am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

Boko Haram on the 12th of Sept 2010 used machine guns and improvised gas cylinder bombs to sack an entire prison in Maiduguri . . . where were the "i love nigeria" brigade members? Empathy ko, apathy ni.

post the link to THE THREAD YOU OPENED ABOUT THAT INCIDENT AT THAT TIME or else be quiet.

yes, you lack a critical quality called empathy.

not good.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Rastamann: 5:00am On Oct 02, 2010
They should try to be more accurate with their targets and avoid hitting innocent civilians. They should target senators, ministers and even the president’s convoy. I will suggest the use of long range snipers,that way they can cause smooth baggage free damage. Maybe then these bastards in power will have the fear of GOD.

Though it is difficult for one to support violence but I think you are correct. These bastards embezzle and party on public fund while majority of Nigerians suffers and live in penury.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:03am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

Boko Haram on the 12th of Sept 2010 used machine guns and improvised gas cylinder bombs to sack an entire prison in Maiduguri . . . where were the "i love nigeria" brigade members? Empathy ko, apathy ni.
yet none of the ''i love nigeria'' brigade members commended them.
but you commend MEND because you were not directly afflicted.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

post the link to THE THREAD YOU OPENED ABOUT THAT INCIDENT AT THAT TIME or else be quiet.

yes, you lack a critical quality called empathy.

not good.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tpiah accusing others of lacking empathy. Next puhlease.

usbcable:

MEND wanted attention and it seems they gat what they are looking for.17 pages and still counting.
No form of extra-judicial killing is justified.
Two wrongs can never make a right.
I know a friend that knows two of the people that died.May God have mercy on their families.
Its no funny thing killing a human life all for the sake of driving home a point when the person involved never did a crime.
So sad some folks here are supporting such acts of barbarism all for the sake of being maltreated.
Even the people that died in the blast are also victims of the misrule of the goverment you e-diots say you are fighting.
No one is anylonger safe in Nigeria because thats how kidnapping started and now its a cancer in the fabric of the society.
Prof. Soyinka founded the Pirates confraternity for personal reasons and its ended up turning our schools into intellectual graveyards.
MEND started kidnapping and its now the worst nightmare of SE Nigeria.
Kaduna Religious crisis was the turning point of religious fanatism(stupidity) and ever since northern Nigeria has never been able to completelh move away from such despicable acts.
MEND as it is now wants to usher in a new product ''BOMB YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS AND WIN SOME COOL CASH'', may Allah putrify them for such evil deeds.
may the souls of the departed rest in peace.Amin.

my guy i understand your feelings but the truth is bitter and it must be told . . . MEND is fighting for a political goal that many of us can truly identify with. Its not pretty . . . it started with peaceful protests in the 90s and ended up with many ogonis running into exile (many of them are scattered in upstate NY today) and their leaders hanged like chickens . . . we didnt seem to care then. All we wanted was to drill the oil and make them shut up. Well sorry . . . actions do have consequences.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 02, 2010
usbcable:

yet none of the ''i love nigeria'' brigade members commended them.
but you commend MEND because you were not directly afflicted.

u didnt commend them, neither did we see you wailing on behalf of the victims either. 500 in the last Jos crisis and 7 today. The funny thing is while MEND leaders are in exile, those responsible for the Jos crisis are having a good time delivering speeches at the Eagle square.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:07am On Oct 02, 2010
Rastamann:

Though it is difficult for one to support violence but I think you are correct. These bastards embezzle and party on public fund while majority of Nigerians suffers and live in penury.
and so far what contribution has MEND and its affiliates contributed to the betterment of the lives of the average ND man.
answer:nothing, same as the corrupt politician they ''want'' to fight.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Mobinga: 5:08am On Oct 02, 2010
Are You People Still on The Verbal Warfare? sad angry
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:11am On Oct 02, 2010
True in warfare both the innocent and the guilty will bear the brunt of it.
But that shouldn't include you killing your own people nah.
'
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:11am On Oct 02, 2010
@ davidylan

^^stop making silly comparisons.

a number of people are dead or severely wounded from MEND bombs and all you can say is look at jos or look at maiduguri.

did MEND say they were avenging jos or maiduguri.

this level of reasoning is absurd, coming from you.

they said they went out and killed people because they disapprove of independence day celebrations. I personally have never heard a more idiotic excuse than that. And that's all it is- an excuse.

but to you, it makes them heroes because they havent brought their bombs to your village yet.

daft thinking, to say the least.

why dont you say they're avenging the kidnappers being flushed out in the east.  And where were you when the place was under siege for the past few days? You didnt hear about little children being kidnapped or is that all right to you.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2010
usbcable:

True in warfare both the innocent and the guilty will bear the brunt of it.
But that shouldn't include you killing your own people nah.
'

Its unfortunate . . . but its the nature of war.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:15am On Oct 02, 2010
^^war will surely reach you someday because God is not mocked.

you'll reap what you sow.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 5:21am On Oct 02, 2010
If war has not yet broken out over the deaths of the innocent lives lost in yobe, maiduguri and bauchi on a weekly basis then believe me this 7 deaths will not as much cos an itch.
The problem will be when some morons will try to wrest power in the guise of salvaging the nation then we will become refugees in cameroun and Niger republic.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:21am On Oct 02, 2010
mEND should know better that such actions do not just get limited to that day alone.
the past coup's in Nigeria
the biafran war
the June 12 election
are examples of political acts by ''brave'' hearts but it all had ripple effects on the country and especially on their people.
nothing and i say once more nothing everlastingly good comes out of violence. all it ever breads is more violence
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:22am On Oct 02, 2010
mEND should know better that such actions do not just get limited to that day alone.
the past coup's in Nigeria
the biafran war
the June 12 election
are examples of political acts by ''brave'' hearts but it all had ripple effects on the country and especially on their people.
nothing and i say once more nothing everlastingly good comes out of violence. all it ever breads is more violence
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by spikedcylinder: 5:25am On Oct 02, 2010
It is always easy for sentiments to overflow in moments like these. Out of loss of hope for Nigeria, folks are calling for more violent attacks, revolution and even war!
[b]Most of these advocates of violence(if not all) were born after the war.
A Chinese proverb says, "Be careful what you wish for!".

Say no to violence.[/b]

You couldn't be more right. Most of them currently don't reside in Nigeria either. undecided
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

If war has not yet broken out over the deaths of the innocent lives lost in yobe, maiduguri and bauchi on a weekly basis then believe me this 7 deaths will not as much cos an itch.
The problem will be when some morons will try to wrest power in the guise of salvaging the nation then we will become refugees in cameroun and Niger republic.

Based on the differences in response, i doubt those who died in Yobe, Maiduguri and Bauchi 2 weeks ago were "innocent". These 7 folks must be special or could it be because they died in Abj on Oct the 1st? Just wondering.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:29am On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

do me a favour.

when you hear boko haram has gone on rampage, open thread to that effect on nairaland.

pour out your vituperations there.

do not wait until MEND starts their sympathy killing spree from the opposite end before commenting on events in yobe and jos.

killing in support of boko haram, not to protest boko haram.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:31am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

Based on the differences in response, i doubt those who died in Yobe, Maiduguri and Bauchi 2 weeks ago were "innocent". These 7 folks must be special or could it be because they died in Abj on Oct the 1st? Just wondering.
and just because this violent act was carried out in Abuja by a ''faceless'' group unlike those of jos and maiduguri makes it a legit act of terrorism that should be applauded?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 02, 2010
usbcable:

and just because this violent act was carried out in Abuja by a ''faceless'' group unlike those of jos and maiduguri makes it a legit act of terrorism that should be applauded?

wrong. no one is applauding anything. Simply wondering why there seems to be one law for others and another for a set group. MEND is not particularly "faceless" . . . that is a misguided lie.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by GAR3TH(m): 5:33am On Oct 02, 2010
AND the funny part about this is that the FG could use this to stop the flow of "personal allowances" to former militants. and what also very funny is that the military can easy destroy MEND in 6 hours in a war. but MEND keeps poking nigeria with a sharp stick. that why the are doing car bombs and gorrilla warfare, becuase they know in a real battle the WILL lose. . .bunch of pussies
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:34am On Oct 02, 2010
@davidylan,
BTW why compare the jos killings to that of Abuja. mEND never said their was a revnge killing(abi them talk am).
and nobody in all the threads commends boko haram and its open-air stupidity.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 02, 2010
GAR3TH:

AND the funny part about this is that the FG could use this to stop the flow of "personal allowances" to former militants. and what also very funny is that the military can easy destroy MEND in 6 hours in a war. but MEND keeps poking nigeria with a sharp stick. that why the are doing car bombs and gorrilla warfare, becuase they know in a real battle the WILL lose. . .bunch of pussies

c'mon Gareth . . . do you live under a rock? If the army could destroy MEND in an hr then how come Obasanjo and Yar Adua both failed in over 10yrs?

usbcable:

@davidylan,
BTW why compare the jos killings to that of Abuja. mEND never said their was a revnge killing(abi them talk am).
and nobody in all the threads commends boko haram and its open-air stupidity.

I quite agree that none of you is commending boko haram (as if i would ever suggest such a thing) but the lip service paid to the hundreds who die at the hands of Boko haram to the 7 who died today DESPITE MEND's warning makes me pause and ask . . . what really is the motive here?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:40am On Oct 02, 2010
^^where were you when those 15 kids were kidnapped?

kindly point me to some links showing your presence.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 5:41am On Oct 02, 2010
@tpiah if you care to go and review a lot of the arguments backs in january over the jos carnage, you'll know how much i've done informing folks on those topics.

Like davidylan said, it could be the oct 1st date that's making these deaths more special than those of the police men killed in maiduguri; prison officers slain in bauchi; or even worse the SSS senior officer and his family slaughtered like poultry in kano.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by usbcable(m): 5:43am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

wrong. no one is applauding anything. Simply wondering why there seems to be one law for others and another for a set group. MEND is not particularly "faceless" . . . that is a misguided lie.
the simple reason why this draws much eire is that it was done on a day when most folks ''decided'' to ignore the sad tales of their lives and just ''celebrate'' the happy sides of the existence.
the simple reason is that it was an act of grave consequence that was done in a disorganised and unintelligent manner regardless of the intent behind it.
the simple reason is that it was targetted at fellow citizens, sympathizers and possibly fellow NIGER-DELTANS.
#
and unlike boko haram and co that u keep refering to MEND is ''faceless'' because they are factional and greed prone due to their basic intent of what they do. Boko haram come out physically but mEND hides behind covers to perpetuate its violence.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:44am On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

@tpiah if you care to go and review a lot of the arguments backs in january over the jos carnage, you'll know how much i've done informing folks on those topics.

Like davidylan said, it could be the oct 1st date that's making these deaths more special than those of the police men killed in maiduguri; prison officers slain in bauchi; or even worse the SSS senior officer and his family slaughtered like poultry in kano.

^^david's comments on this thread are fueled by greed and sycophancy therefore no sane person will take him seriously.

i suppose the sight of dead bodies, bomb injuries and mutilated flesh is normal to you, since you feel the date is what makes the bombings special.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

i think we're flogging a dead horse here. Many of these "i love nigeria" brigade members (who dont even live in nigeria themselves) have no way of rationalising facts. To them u may as well be speaking greek. I'm sure a lot of them are just finding out about the issue you discuss today even though the last one happened way back on the 12th of sept.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by GAR3TH(m): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

c'mon Gareth . . . do you live under a rock? If the army could destroy MEND in an hr then how come Obasanjo and Yar Adua both failed in over 10yrs?

because MEND is using guerrilla warfare. they basically attack you quickly or from a distance and then run back into the jungle and hide among the innocent civilians in the villages. thats why its taking so long to defeat them. example look at the U.S.A. The war on terror is about ten years old now, reason, guerrilla warfare. if the U.S.A. didn't care about civilian casualties, they could just storm the middle east and have victory by sunset. same with the nigeria. these groups know that they are up against an unstoppable opponent so that why the fight guerrilla style, using civilians as a shield.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

^^david's comments on this thread are fueled by greed and sycophancy therefore no sane person will take him seriously.

i suppose the sight of dead bodies, bomb injuries and mutilated flesh is normal to you, since you feel the date is what makes the bombings special.

its clearer now that you practically post out of spite and nothing else. Greed and sycophancy? For starters both are completely at odds and make no sense whatsoever. Greed in terms of? What do i stand to gain with MEND? Sycophancy to who? MEND? Is the leader my uncle or cousin?

Are these folks really sane at all?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 5:46am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

i think we're flogging a dead horse here. Many of these "i love nigeria" brigade members (who dont even live in nigeria themselves) have no way of rationalising facts. To them u may as well be speaking greek. I'm sure a lot of them are just finding out about the issue you discuss today even though the last one happened way back on the 12th of sept.

i asked you a question.

where were you during the kidnapping saga.

did people comment there because "they love nigeria" too?

and stop flogging the maiduguri issue. Find the relevant thread and post on it.

before edoyad threw you a bone, did you mention it specifically?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

INEC: No Presidential Candidate Indicated Placeholder When Submitting Nomination / Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.