Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,140 members, 7,842,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead (25759 Views)

7 Confirmed Dead In Suicide Attacks In Bama IDP Camp / Has Wike Dissolved The LG Chairmen As Threatened? / Mend Strikes As Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Oct 01, 2010
Ehoi:

Nsiman
A lot of people confuse many issues about MEND. To understand who is in charge of MEND, you need to know the background of the organization and how it works. Some groups of people who were formally under Dokubo left after he was arrested. they then decided to change the way their militants orgazation is run. They became a faceless group with no one leader. That is a why they don't have a physical spoke person. Anything they want to say is spoken through mr gbomo. Of course mr gbomo is a faceless person but he used a particular email address. So anything that comes from that email address is authentically from the real MEND.

MEND structure is very fluid. They have their core fighters but they are also affiliated with hundreds of militant group all over the niger delta. Over the years MEND have been able to spread its tentacles to every corner of the niger delta through these affiliated groups. Cynthia white is just the spoke person of one of the group MEND is affiliated to. But they are not MEND but they like to speak for MEND sometimes.

WOW . . . . . I bit you have somehow succeed in confusing your own self after all that . . . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2010
It is always easy for sentiments to overflow in moments like these. Out of loss of hope for Nigeria, folks are calling for more violent attacks, revolution and even war!
Most of these advocates of violence(if not all) were born after the war. A Chinese proverb says, "Be careful what you wish for!".

Say no to violence.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Ehoi: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2010
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . . . I bit you have somehow succeed in confusing your own self after all that . . . ROFLMAO!!
If you don't understand something, ask.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by DASLEEKY: 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2010
Nsiman:

@ ehoi, pls i stand to be corrected, who is mend's official spoke person, and if cynthia whyte is someone else am sorry for using the name.

Oga abeg Na JOmo Gbomo, no be this year u start to hear of Whyte abi na black?
The threat came from J.G and there's has been no refutal frm that source, case closed!
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by ziccoit: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2010
I disagreed with the thinking that MEND might have not been reponsible. With the cool money this guys are making it would be a difficult task stopping them from this dangerous act. These people are ready to fight anything that would stop violence acts in Niger Delta. Because this where they rake in huge money. They are pointing accussing fingers to the government, what developmental projects have they embarked on with the loots. How many people in their immedate community are really benefitting from this struggle. There is no single different between the accuser and the accused.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 12:05am On Oct 02, 2010
Sorry guys i just rushed to google for confirmation there am corrected that cynthia whyte is a spoke person for the joint revolutionary council (JRC). thanks for that
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 02, 2010
Oh! Are you scared? I have been expecting this for a very long time, they should try using bio-chemical weapon, it will make it easier man
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 02, 2010
at last! Nigerians may just on the verge of yanking the northern yoke from off their necks. Good job MEND.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by xterra2(m): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2010
ziccoit:

MEND have always had my support until now. This people are made up of brainless jobless idiots. Why on earth could they go this far. How many Jonathan, obj, Atiku and their likes relatives were among the deads? You are fighting freedom by killing those you meant to free. This is a high level of crooked thinking. These people should abode among the schizophrenias. They need full psychiatrist assessment and intervention. Else their family members are in dangers.
MEND are criminals if they are struggling for the Niger Delta as a whole they know the way to government houses
They kidnap people and demand $$$$ which is what the Niger deltans need
They brought kidnapping now it is very embarassing
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by maimalari: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2010
xterra2:

MEND are criminals if they are struggling for the Niger Delta as a whole they know the way to government houses
They kidnap people and demand $$$$ which is what the Niger deltans need
They brought kidnapping now it is very embarassing

MEND ARE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, THEY HAVE A FEW CRIMINALS IN IT. BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY BETTER THAN OUR SO-CALLED LEADERS WHOM ARE EVEN MORE CRIMINAL THAN MEND, YES MEND STARTED KIDNAPPING, AND THE VARIOUS STATE GOVERNMENTS STARTED THE KIDNAP TRADE, NOW THEY'VE INTRODUCED BOMBING,OUR POLITICAL LEADERS WILL DEFINITELY OVER-USE THIS STRATEGY FOR 2011,
MY SUGGESTION IS FOR ALL THE STATE GOVERNORS , THE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, I.G. OF POLICE AND ALL SERVING MINISTERS TO RESIGN AND QUIT OFFICE IMMEDIATELY. because THE EVENT OF TODAY IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE, "AND MEND SHOULD BE SORRY FOR THE INNOCENT LIVES THEY'VE WASTED".
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by bidemi12(m): 1:08am On Oct 02, 2010
i scanned and scanned the all the posts so far on this topic, yes all 17 pages, looking for any contribution from two of the most useless contributors on NL, TENSOR77 and ZIGA, on their views of this latest development from nigeria. shame no gree them contribute. This is what happens when people decide to ignore problems in any society. It comes back to bite you in the arse. Those basterds in abuja prefer to celebrate with our billions instead of reflecting on the state of the nation. much as i detest this new development, it will help to jar those basterds back to the reality on ground that all the fanfare will not distract nigerians from the truth. We are becoming a failed state. That the only people interested in the continued unification of the country are either looting the country blind, have business interests in the country or dont just know what the hell is going on. The sooner we face facts and consider the total overhaul of all institutions in Nigeria then war might be a viable and foreseable option in the near future. And dont say it is not possible. The signs are already manifesting.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by xterra2(m): 1:19am On Oct 02, 2010
maimalari:

MEND ARE FREEDOM FIGHTERS, THEY HAVE A FEW CRIMINALS IN IT. BUT THEY ARE DEFINITELY BETTER THAN OUR SO-CALLED LEADERS WHOM ARE EVEN MORE CRIMINAL THAN MEND, YES MEND STARTED KIDNAPPING, AND THE VARIOUS STATE GOVERNMENTS STARTED THE KIDNAP TRADE, NOW THEY'VE INTRODUCED BOMBING,OUR POLITICAL LEADERS WILL DEFINITELY OVER-USE THIS STRATEGY FOR 2011,
MY SUGGESTION IS FOR ALL THE STATE GOVERNORS , THE PRESIDENT, VICE PRESIDENT, I.G. OF POLICE AND ALL SERVING MINISTERS TO RESIGN AND QUIT OFFICE IMMEDIATELY. because THE EVENT OF TODAY IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE, "AND MEND SHOULD BE SORRY FOR THE INNOCENT LIVES THEY'VE WASTED".
Good you admitted they are bad eggs in them but um the freedom they are fighting for is the freedom of $$$$$$
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nsiman(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2010
When i heard this news i asked myself about security of nigerians, but gej has to be careful, i mean where 'the whole world' was such happened, these securities are not performing, what is the police anti bomb squad doing, what is the national intelligent officers doing, s.s.s, ok the ordinary police that harrass law abiding citizens etc. Infact nigeria's security system needs overhauling
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

at last! Nigerians may just on the verge of yanking the northern yoke from off their necks. Good job MEND.

i am certainly not surprised

would have been wonderful if mend had done this in ogun state - we'd see what you'd be saying then

and people wonder why i say you are a failed human being

people who cheered the warri bombings where three people died have found that 7 deaths is their threshold

i guess your threshold is much higher

maybe you will find your sense of outrage when over a hundred innocents are killed

tschew

is it surprising that most of those celebrating this act of terrorism are safe outside nigeria's shores?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by sonyvaio(f): 2:06am On Oct 02, 2010
I tire for Naija. Why can't we (Biafrans
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 2:44am On Oct 02, 2010
True talk. Most of those shouting Eureka are based outside the shores of this country. I feel sad for the lives lost today but sometimes bad things have to happen for people to wake up from sleep.
If any of you know anything about critical analysis you'd know this shows a specter hanging over our heads. Potentially, with the massive population and the proximity we live with each other, there stands a possibility of Nigeria becoming one of the worst ever humanitarian disasters in the coming years.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by CGKing(m): 2:46am On Oct 02, 2010
Completely misguided group. Mumus, you are now at war with the Nigerian ppl, no matter how many times you say "government."
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by analo: 2:59am On Oct 02, 2010
if these guys demands have been met none of this would come to their minds and yet the govt spends so much celebrating whats not worth celebrating,they are lucky it was not Jonathan, F**KING COUNTRY
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 3:22am On Oct 02, 2010
oyb:

i am certainly not surprised

would have been wonderful if mend had done this in ogun state - we'd see what you'd be saying then

and people wonder why i say you are a failed human being

people who cheered the warri bombings where three people died have found that 7 deaths is their threshold

i guess your threshold is much higher

maybe you will find your sense of outrage when over a hundred innocents are killed

tschew

is it surprising that most of those celebrating this act of terrorism are safe outside nigeria's shores?

I wish irresponsible hypocrites like you would be equally as "outraged" when hausa muslims slaughter 500 more citizens in Jos. Oh well . . . that would be like asking water to gush out from a rock.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by suedoh2006(m): 3:25am On Oct 02, 2010
Mya God Bless Nigeria and give us somehing to celebrate.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by hinduism(f): 3:36am On Oct 02, 2010
When is MEND taking over ASO ROCK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 3:54am On Oct 02, 2010
davidylan:

I wish irresponsible hypocrites like you would be equally as "outraged" when hausa muslims slaughter 500 more citizens in Jos. Oh well . . . that would be like asking water to gush out from a rock.

hausa muslims slaughtering people does not in any way justify MEND setting off bombs to kill innocent folks.

neither act is justified and who told you both arent working for the same boss.

dont support evil simply because you can. One day the evil will also consume you.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

hausa muslims slaughtering people does not in any way justify MEND setting off bombs to kill innocent folks.

neither act is justified and who told you both arent working for the same boss.

dont support evil simply because you can. One day the evil will also consume you.

Preach to the choir. Close family members and friends of mine have fallen victims to the senseless charade conducted by our fellow hausa muslims for years. A few car bombs from MEND is about right . . .
I wonder where all the overzealous muslims now frothing in the mouth hid themselves during the Jos riots. I couldnt find them anywhere.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 4:06am On Oct 02, 2010
^^and are you the only one who has lost people in the north or what's your point?

other muslims have also been killed during riots so dont act like you have a monopoly on tales.

when MEND is given the go ahead to bomb those closest to you, we'll see what you have to say then.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

^^and are you the only one who has lost people in the north or what's your point?

other muslims have also been killed during riots so dont act like you have a monopoly on tales.

when MEND is given the go ahead to bomb those closest to you, we'll see what you have to say then.

my point is simple, until many of you have actually FELT the pinch of the northern islamic menace, many of the posts here are nothing but self-righteous pontificating. Many of you never even lived in Nigeria to begin with.

So because "other muslims" have been killed too (by muslims of course), its ok for the govt to turn a blind eye to the problem?

MEND is a problem, but at least its one with a purpose . . . albeit misguided. Kindly tell me what our almajiris are fighting for? A better govt? I think not.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 4:19am On Oct 02, 2010
^^once again, are you the only person affected by events in the north?

why must you cry louder than the bereaved.

so is MEND fighting for a better govt abi sycophancy and greed don block your reasoning faculty.

anyway, i wont get into this with you.

wait until MEND visits you personally with their bombs and you can start singing their praises then.

sow the wind and you'll definitely reap the whirlwind.

i suppose you feel you have some kind of immunity because "dem be your paddy".

we shall see.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by edoyad(m): 4:21am On Oct 02, 2010
@davidylan i think i can see where you're coming from. Last week there about, boko haram attacked christian minorities in maiduguri, burnt police stations and killed security operatives(fathers and sons) and not so much as a whiff from any where.
Well if that is permitted then why should anyone condemn MEND(
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

^^once again, are you the only person affected by events in the north?

why must you cry louder than the bereaved.

so is MEND fighting for a better govt abi sycophancy and greed don block your reasoning faculty.

anyway, i wont get into this with you.

wait until MEND visits you personally with their bombs and you can start singing their praises then.

sow the wind and you'll definitely reap the whirlwind.

i suppose you feel you have some kind of immunity because "dem be your paddy".

we shall see.

perhaps many who have been truly affected (not the large battalion of self-appointed spokespeople who have never seen Lagos before) dont even know what NL is about. Go down to the ND and see what it is to live among plenty and yet suffer so much deprivation. Perhaps you may understand better why people from the ND and partly from the east wouldnt mind if MEND bombed the entire country until they got their freedom.

Its easy to sit in our palaces abroad shedding crocodile tears about dying Nigerians (folks we never would have cared about anyway) . . . while chewing on a chicken in the other.

Amazing that Bayelsa generated 95% of Nigeria's entire external revenue and yet wasnt connected to the national grip until about 5 yrs ago.

Where were you all when the northern millitary complex led by Abacha and co went around decimating the ND with armoured tanks? Where were you all when Saro Wiwa and co were peacefully protesting what bombs now force us to contend with today?

We claim we want a change in Nigeria, we clamour for "revolution" and yet cringe when blood is shed? No wonder Nigeria remains the same. Spineless nation of hypocrites.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 02, 2010
edoyad:

@davidylan i think i can see where you're coming from. Last week there about, boko haram attacked christian minorities in maiduguri, burnt police stations and killed security operatives(fathers and sons) and not so much as a whiff from any where.
Well if that is permitted then why should anyone condemn MEND(

Dont mind the self-appointed prophets of "peace". I couldnt find any serious threads talking about the crisis either and yet it was all over internet news. I'm sure those who died at the hands of Boko Haram can be excused for goats and cows. Why shld we care more about them?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by tpiah: 4:34am On Oct 02, 2010
^^you have serious emotional problems, that's all.

your inability to feel empathy is cloaked as "sympathy" for MEND and the ND while showing your real nature when referring to the victims of MEND.

the same niger delta where small boys deal in millions, is what you're shedding crocodile tears over.

if you're so concerned, go there and tell them to stop destroying their environment by blowing up pipelines.
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 02, 2010
tpiah:

^^you have serious emotional problems, that's all.

your inability to feel empathy is cloaked as "sympathy" for MEND and the ND while showing your real nature when referring to the victims of MEND.

coming from you, that's quite rich. I laugh when i read from all these false people expressing "empathy" on the internet for folks they never really cared about in the first place. Read from the Igbos on this thread . . . until you have walked in their shoes all we can expect from you lot is nothing but hypocritical nonsense. Edoyad makes a valid point that is lost in the mindless vituperation that passes for posts these days . . . where were you all when way more innocent people were killed by Boko Haram in Maiduguri just a few weeks ago? Perhaps you didnt hear because it didnt make front page internet news. Where those ones less deserving of your false "empathy" and a 17 page thread filled with mostly uninformed drivel?

tpiah:

the same niger delta where small boys deal in millions, is what you're shedding crocodile tears over.

if you're so concerned, go there and tell them to stop destroying their environment by blowing up pipelines.

that's quite absurd. Blowing up the pipelines is not the problem, its the exploitation of the environment, polluting it and destroying farmland, prime fishing spots while leaving the folks there deprived and starving that is the problem.

Sometimes i read stuff on these boards and it amazes me . . .

1. Most people really have no ability to provide any form of intellectual response to a topic. to them its all about shouting louder than the other.

2. How many of you have really been to the places you discuss here on the web? Or is all your "analysis" gleaned from the snippets you read on the BBC?
Re: Mend Strikes As Threatened, 7 Confirmed Dead by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 02, 2010
Boko Haram on the 12th of Sept 2010 used machine guns and improvised gas cylinder bombs to sack an entire prison in Maiduguri . . . where were the "i love nigeria" brigade members? Empathy ko, apathy ni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Yero, El-rufai Win Polling Units / EFCC Releases Statement On Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq, Says He Is A Cyber Stalker / Senator Shehu Sani Reveals How Tinubu, Buhari Tried To Stop Him From Dumping APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.