Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market (23293 Views)

CFAO Motors Now The Sole Distributor Of Suzuki Cars In Nigeria / CFAO And Suzuki Cars Offers Free Petrol And Service To Customers (PHOTOS) / CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by AreaFada2: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2019
Pistotita:

I believe he has looked into it. The issue is that banks (those who will finance him) work with statistics. Check the comments above, and you see people go for cheap and terrible stuff in the name of saying that's what they can afford. But really, I believe 30% of those kind of ppl can afford better quality if they just wait a bit longer for like 6mths to 1 year. That is the trend here. Even people go for cheap food, which is terrible. It is just the way of life in Nigeria. Though, the economy is terrible.

Bro, if Buhari bans all used cars, and he is able to check all ground borders, Nigerians will start buying new cars. People who think they cannot afford them will start buying them. You will be shocked.

When OBJ banned importation of 10 years and above used vehicles, the only mistake he made was not adequately prepared to check all land borders in Nigeria. So, illegal vehicle smuggling was the reigning business for some set of people called "crossers". And the custom guys at land borders made huge money.

This resulted to extreme low income of tax and other fees for vehicles in the Nigerian Ports Authority. The bosses in NPA had to plead with the president to reverse that rule (not sure if it was OBJ, Yara Dua, or Jonathan than reversed it.

Back to the discussion, only the upper class in Nigeria has rhe mentality of buying new vehicles. Therefore this class is the market he has to target. Another strategy he needs to use is to lobby with senate to force government departments to patronize him. So, it is more political. That man has really tried to survive till date.

I'm sure Chief Chukwuma is a savvy man. And has probably checked out the figures. Fact is that the Nigerian business environment is just too difficult.
Western leaders use cars made in their country with pride.
I would have expected at least all Eastern governors to be using Innoson cars by now. They can make it an armoured car for safety.

When governors, police and top officials start using it, ordinary people will copy them.
He has been courting govt patronage but no much success yet.
It's a pity though. He just have to succeeded. Anything else would be our collective disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by Kobicove(m): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2019
Suzuki is better known as a motorcycle maker

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by ernieboy(m): 1:07pm On Jun 10, 2019
maybachmusic:

Suzuki?

They have very good engines

You can even see their mini buses
u are right but they are just not popular like Toyota or Honda.
Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by PeacenLove2: 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Shouldn't be more than 1m

See him mouth like 1m .... na Tricycle you Wan buy? Na WA for you o. cheesy
Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by PeacenLove2: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
lloyds:
Some 2nd hand corrola are being sold for about 2m now, so getting a very good rugged new saloon car for 3.6m is very great price.

Yes o, at least one won't have to bear cost of repair and maintenence for the next 3 years. E go good make person sef drive tear rubber o. grin

1 Like

Re: CFAO Motors Re-introduces Suzuki Vehicles Into The Nigerian Market by Seyeblessed: 1:11pm On Jul 08, 2019
onegig:

No mind am

08 Camry that can't average more than 20Km/Galon and a new car that would average 50Km/Galon is what they are comparing.

That's on fueling alone let alone maintenance costs.

You cannot compare a 10 year old Camry to a new car, a 2 or 3 year old camry, yes. I have a 2014 Nissan that I purchased new in 2013, the car is almost 6 years old and the only thing I have changed is engine oil and brake pad.

Can your 10 year old Corolla or camry beat that?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bmw 325Ci E46 - Repairs and Maintenance / Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON / Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.