Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic (43987 Views)

Can A Diabetic Foot Be Treated Or Best Amputated? / Unripe Plantain Is A Diabetic Diet For Diabetes And Iron Deficiency / American Herbalist Sentenced To Prison After Death Of Diabetic Boy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by biacan(f): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Eat wheat always
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by ekensi01: 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Craziestgirl:
Nothing beats asking a Medical Doctor.
The worst place to seek medical advice is the internet.

So technically stupid

2 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by folly22(f): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Wheat Flour made from unripe plantain
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by goadson82: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2019
Wheat is OK.
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by kaykay1980: 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
Try unripe plantain floor then ask your Doctor for drugs that help soften his bowel for easy discharge
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by mrvitalis(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2019
Younghacka:
My Dad Is Diabetic And He Has Been Having Issues With A Choice Of Swallow.

Eba(Garri) And Loi-Loi(Fufu) Are Out Of The Equation Because Of Their High Starch Content.

He Was Using Plantain Flour But He Complained Of Constipation And He Stopped Using It. . . He Was Also Using Wheat Flour But He Stopped Due To Some Health Complications (I Think Something Concerning Blood Group O+).

Any Advice Or Experience Will Be Appreciated.

P.S: For Some Months Now He Has Not Eaten Swallow, Just Diabetic Rice And Other Food Suitable For Diabetics, But We Are Nigerians And Man Must Swallow.
None of those those are high carb

Try coconut flour ,almomd flour , vegetable flours maybe be expensive but its worth it
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by funshint(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
Cumtroller:
Must he eat swallow? Hian!!!!
Last Last na that “swallow” go kill your papa. That’s the plain truth.
And you think this is funny?!

1 Like

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by mrvitalis(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
dallyemmy:
Plantain flour amala .it's rich in protein
Lie
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by yeancahwunmi(f): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
[quote author=Younghacka post=79187504]My Dad Is Diabetic And He Has Been Having Issues With A Choice Of Swallow.

Eba(Garri) And Loi-Loi(Fufu) Are Out Of The Equation Because Of Their High Starch Content.

He Was Using Plantain Flour But He Complained Of Constipation And He Stopped Using It. . . He Was Also Using Wheat Flour But He Stopped Due To Some Health Complications (I Think Something Concerning Blood Group O+).

Try Guinea corn flour, buy Guinea corn from the market, pick out the stones and debris, wash in water and sun dry then take it to the mill for grinding. Prepare as semo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Lionhearted: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2019
ekwerendi:
Try wheat or semovita
Nothing like try when it comes to health.
Semovita will skyrocket the blood sugar...

1 Like

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by ekensi01: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2019
@younghacka get wheat mix it with yam floor.
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Regiomontanus(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2019
Must he eat swallow? In life, you can't always have things your way. Certain situations demand that you adjust whether you like it or not. Let him forget about swallow. If he doesn't eat swallow, will he die?

3 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by frankson1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Younghacka:

We Have Asked A Doctor But They Either Tell Us To Eat Wheat Or Eat Eba In Small Quantity, Anytime He Tries The Eba His Blood Sugar Skyrockets.

So I Thought Maybe Any Experience Person Here Might Help Out.

Dried, grinded plantain
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by soloehis(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
First what type of diabetes? My mum was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but there is this drug my brothers in Germany always buy for her yearly that enables her eat every thing..for the type of food I think you should have it processed yourself so u can be sure of the content.. U can get bunch of unripe plantain peel and slice, then put it in the sun to dry after that u grind it..try it and u will see the difference

3 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Fejok01(f): 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
Buy oatmeal swallow. It's actually good for diabetics. And pls, look for a nutritionist, they will be able to plan his diet.

3 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Victorclean1: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
Amala (black amala) is the koko. Plaintain amala
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by legabosh(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2019
Rayna Roasted Oat Flour is the best swallow for Diabetic patient .it helps to regulate Blood sugar ,Blood pressure and fight against bad cholesterol. Therefore, it is tested and trusted,I would suggest you look for the Rayna Oat product. I am sure that your daddy will be happy with you forever. Try it and thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by sirwilson(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by adecz: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Jmk9292:
Try wheat

Can you read??

sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
Unripe banana, those small thick species...
Boil them, then peel and pound like yam and he is good to go.
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by UKBobo(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
KingLennon:
Lesson for all: know your sugar level today.

Your signature is fire....MA in Bedmatics
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by ledamaster(m): 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
watter yam poundo
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2019
Farina will be good for him. It's like pounded yam, that's what my uncle eats.

1 Like

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by koolaid87: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2019
Amala but made of dried grinded plantain
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by koolaid87: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Amala but made of dried unripped plantain
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
Regiomontanus:
Must he eat swallow? In life, you can't always have things your way. Certain situations demand that you adjust whether you like it or not. Let him forget about swallow. If he doesn't eat swallow, will he die?
He doesn't need to deprive himself of solid food 'cos of that.

It's a small issue, if they can visit a Nutritionist/Dietitian. Not something serious at all.

2 Likes

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Kharol1234: 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
wheat
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by tunize(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2019
pounded cocoa yam he should try that too is okay for diabities.
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by Phut(f): 8:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
Younghacka:
My Dad Is Diabetic And He Has Been Having Issues With A Choice Of Swallow.

P.S: For Some Months Now He Has Not Eaten Swallow, Just Diabetic Rice And Other Food Suitable For Diabetics, But We Are Nigerians And Man Must Swallow.
Use coconut flour. It has virtually zero carb content and so will not raise the blood sugar. You would have to mix the coconut flour with a thickner such as psyllium husk, in order to get it to have the fufulike consistency. Psyllium husk will have added benefit for your Dad since it is high fiber and is taken to prevent constipation/make a person have regular bowel movements.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by 2nattie(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2019
Try plantain flour. It's prepared like yam flour
Re: Which Swallow Would You Recommend For A Diabetic by zlatan(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2019
Elkris oats flour or you can buy oats and take it to a grinding machine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Tinniswood: Guinness World Records Names 111-Year-Old As Oldest Living Man / What Can I Do About My Body Odour? / Dangerous Coronavirus Mutation In Danish Minks: 15 Million To Be Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.