Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Maryam's Death Wish - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Maryam's Death Wish (444 Views)

Interview With Maryam Amer / I Wish I Never Meet Him A Regret Story By Mary Temitope / Use A Book Title To Wish Two People A Merry Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maryam's Death Wish by tonyimadu: 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2019
Maryam had a death wish and a pretty face. Girls with death wishes were hard to come by and Maryam was one of a type. Her fine face, smooth skin and nice curve with a smile that never ends, hid a desperate soul seeking so dreadfully for death.
She was not going to take her own life like the white people do nor was she going to pray to the god of death to do her the favour. Maryam's dream was to end her life in sublime drama.
But like any person wishing to die, fear held her back. Fear is a strong thing. It takes our dreams away. But if we keep dreaming, one day the bonds of fear would break. Maryam’s fears broke on her nineteenth birthday. That morning the birthday girl woke up knowing the moment had come. She had never felt stronger in all her life. Waves of confidence flowed through her veins. A new power had overcome her. Now she had the power to end her life.
It was time to go.
There was no place better for a life ending adventure than the great city, Lagos!
Maryam had never been to Lagos. All her nights had been slept in her father’s house at Umunede. But the way every one spoke of Lagos with so much longing, the way they called it 'Lag' with such special spirit, told her, ‘Lag was the city to die in.’
So she woke that morning and put on her best jeans and spaghetti top then took a bike to the express road.
Umunede is a driver’s paradise. Drivers from all over the country going to the east must converge at Umunede. They came as if some powerful charm drew them to the town.
Truly the town had its charms but they didn’t belong to some ancient mystery. The charms were found between the thighs of free giving women. It was found in beer and cheap smoke. It was found in loud music that never ceases until the morning comes.
Lagos too had its own charm. For Maryam, it was death, but first a short span of adventure that begun at the truck park by the Lagos-Onitsha express way.
She walked slowly with the poise of royalty, her eyes scanning for the one. She would distinguish him the moment her eyes meets his.
Dada was a short, plump man in his early forties. Like most truck drivers his age, he had a pot belly and a chest that was fast turning into breasts.
Twenty years of heavy drinking and voracious eating was leaving its mark on his frame. One feature remained though, his handsome baby face. Even the tribal marks that stretched across both cheeks could not take that away.
It was her smile that captured him. She looks deeply into his eyes as if letting herself bare his soul. Maryam’s Walk was majestic yet dazedly. No woman had ever looked at him with such powerful gaze. Seconds went by but this girl refused to look away.
Dada thought to himself,’ this is different.’
So much so, he has always been used to wooing women whose eyes never left the ground or darted from one passer-by to the other, in attempt to escape his power gaze. But this girl was something else, really!!!
He tried to speak but the words stuck to his fat throat. She came up to him until only a few inches of air separated them.
Slowly, Maryam drove her hand across his rough face, sending a flash across his frame.
“Show me your truck.” The voice was soft yet powerful.
Dada turned round like an obedient dog. “My truck dey across express.” He spoke in his best broken English
Was he dreaming? This young girl had enchanted him, he knew it yet he liked it.
There was fear, there was doubt nevertheless the shade her mystery cast was too great to withstand.
His truck was a red coloured Sino truck, almost new. He pointed at it with shaky fingers hoping for approval.
She swings her curvy hips and gives out her award winning smile, it was captivating. Like the biblical apostles, she seemed to say naira and kobo have I none, what I have I will give as she ran her hands through her spaghetti top stopping briefly at her boobs and coming down to stand akimbo.
Stretching her hand she says, “Hi, I’m Maryam.”
“I be Dada.”
The words barely came out this time.
“Uncle Dada che you go carry me go Lagos.” This could only happen in a dream, a girl this beautiful begging for your company.
Dada refused to wake from the dream.
“No Wahalla, I send my motor boy message when he come we go begin dey go.”
Even Maryam was surprised by her charm. This road to death was turning out to be laced with gold.
The motor boy, Yemi, was in his late twenties.
His eyes twinkled as they met their new companion seated in the truck beside his driver. Astonishment drooped from his face. ‘This babe too fine. This one pass Dada level.’
The journey to Lagos began. Normally, Dada would warble a Fuji tune or exchange notes with Yemi on their Umunede sojourn. Today was not a normal day. Today these truck men travelled with a beauty seated between them.
No one was sure of what to say or do. Dada burnt with anxiety as he drove.
A million thoughts flew in his mind. He was the man. He had to initiate something but how could he begin when he dreaded this mystery lady.
With a million ideas flying, his brain was going to burst open.
There was no fear in Maryam’s heart instead she craved for adventure. She allowed her hand wander slowly along Dada’s laps until she found the inside of his thigh. Dada released a short burst of pleasure. Something flowed from that spot to his spine and then all over his body.
It was pleasure mingled with amazing fear. Even the best weed was no capable of getting him this high. Maryam stroked like a magician, sending waves of delight into the poor driver.
Suddenly, realizing they were not alone, he stared curiously at Yemi. Dada felt embarrassed that his motor boy was witnessing such disgraceful act but in a moment the sweetness overcame his shame and threw it out the window.
Her hand pressed the solid rod that had grown inside his trousers. Then expertly she would spread the pleasure to the other lap. She went back and forth, up and down.
Dada was helpless to his pleasure. He fought so hard to keep his concentration on the road. But no matter how hard he fought, Dada could not stop his leg pressing the accelerator. The engine continued to roar as the truck sped at murderous speed.
Yemi had never seen Dada drive in such mad rage. An evil being had taken over. This was not his driver. Dada had always been a precautious driver. But today something was wrong. Today the devil sat between them. He saw the smile from the side of her face. There was something peculiar about it. It was the smile of death.
His heart raced. He continuously muttered “easy, take it easy” even though he knew it was all in vain. Dada was fully possessed by this she-demon.
Dada was doing over a hundred per hour. The truck bounced forward on the bumpy road, throwing its occupants up and down. At turnings, Dada would come inches from the embankment then he would sway dangerously off like a deranged bull. The blaring horn was warning to all motorists, ‘here comes, the mad king of the road.’
Yemi’s heart had pounded. He saw his death at each step. Every moment was bringing them closer to an awful end. An occasional glance at his travelling companions filled his soul with fury and horror.
The little witch had completely taken over his Oga. They both were not perturbed by their perilous ride. She just played her erotic games on him and wiped away his senses.
So Yemi did what any reasonable person would do, he revolted strongly. “Oga watin dey do you?” No reply. Watin this mad girl give you chop? A beg I wan stop make I come down.” Still, he got no reply. Her head was bent over his crotch.
Maryam stole him a victory glance. Her eyes said it all, “I am in complete control. There is nothing you can do.”
That was when the premonition began; he was not going to survive the day.
He was trapped in a cold metal box called death.
Yemi pictured death in its most gory nature. He saw metal crushing and tearing through him. He saw the truck in air, somersaulting. He saw the truck ramming into a giant tree by the side of the road. There were plenty ways to die and all played in Yemi’s mind.
The couples didn’t seem to mind. She continued to touch Dada and make him go faster.
It was time to throw all reservation to the wind and scream and fight until Dada slows down but Maryam spoke.
“Let us stop at Ore.”
Her words were directed to Dada but they held weight for both men.
Dada felt trapped. He was trapped in time and space.
Why couldn’t Ore just appear at the horizon? Why was the journey taking so long? He so badly wanted to remove his already wet trouser.
Dada thought of all the things this angel would let him do to her.
For Yemi, getting to Ore was also his greatest wish. Ore was only thirty minutes away. If only he could stay alive for so long. He was going to deal with her. At Ore he would raise an alarm. Other drivers and motor boys would come to his aid. They would give her the beating of her life until her juju her was broken.
So Yemi calmed for a while, saying a thirty minute prayer of safety in his mind.
Both men’s prayers were answered. They made it to Ore. Dada found a parking space in one of the truck packs.
He had rehearsed those very words he would say to Maryam but the words died with the quenching of the engine. All he could do was stutter. “Make I go find hotel.”
Maryam smiled in agreement and speedily, Dada stepped out of his truck.
Finally, the two adversaries were alone. Yemi looked at her through his side eye deciding on what action to take.
“This your driver na foolish man.” Even with his side eye he could see her charming smile. Maryam’s statement had taken him aback. He had not prepared for a conversation.
“He thinks all women no get sense. Say with em small money every girl go sleep with am. Na small touch way I touch am he no fit control he self.
Even my dead body no fit sleep with am.”
Yemi knew he should not be listening to this but he liked what he was hearing. Dada was a fool. He agreed with her.
And something about her soft silk voice made him want her to talk more.
“He wan enter me with that em small kokoro.
But you, I know say you no get money but you be correct guy.”
Now this was turning into a dream. He should stop her. She was using him, instead Yemi allowed the babe talk on and on.
“I go wan do with you.” Now Yemi knew it was the devil talking nevertheless, no devil had ever presented him with such a pleasant offer. No devil had ever wanted to make love to him if he was not paying for it.
For the first time, he looked directly at Maryam.
This would be the most beautiful thing he would ever make love. All the liquids that make a man come alive ran through his veins.
He grabbed her and off went her top and her bra. Her small erect breasts played around his hands and mouth. There was no time to waste. Soon Dada would be back so Yemi took off her tight jean and underwear in one scoop and in a moment he was inside her.
Maryam had a butter soft body. With each stab Yemi felt something new. Sex cannot be completely enjoyed with opened eyes so he closed his eyes and allowed all the trills of lovemaking to stream out.
Dada had never felt so frustrated. All the hotels around were fully booked.
It was like an evil spirit was working against his happiness. Now he would have to take her on Okada until they find a hotel.
He walked hastily back to the truck. The vehicle seemed deserted at first but the closer he came he felt an uneasy spirit grow within him.
Dada pulled open the door to behold the evil spirit. It was Yemi his motor boy with eyes closed on top of his angel.
Darkness covered his eyes and heart. He had never felt such rage in his life.
His hand wrapped around a wheel spanner and he smashed continuously at Yemi’s skull until the truck was covered with blood and brain pieces.
Maryam’s scream attracted people but they could only restrain Dada from further decapitating an already dead body.
His anger would not subside until late that night in a police cell. Sleep would not come. Slowly his hate would turn to guilt and fear. That night he would cry till day came.
As for Maryam, the desire to die had given birth to a new crave, a desire to destroy others along the line. The next morning she continued to Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

As I Kiss The World Good-bye (poem) / Eno-obong: The Story Of A Deaf Child / The Oldest Novel Ever Written

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.