Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple (64224 Views)

Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by OtemAtum: 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2019
DECENCY3:

They were disciplined and Kumuyi almost resigned if not intervention of leaders

Everything was staged guy. Why should the wedding hold in the first place? They should have cancelled it the way they did to this one. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Holyman3(m): 11:46pm On Jun 10, 2019
Idiots

Thats how they rope naive people into killing themselves in the name Of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by myettiallah: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
post=79208243:
END OF DISCUSSION!!
Aunty come let us *eat from d same plate*
tongue
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by tete7000(m): 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2019
DECENCY3:

Disciplined but didn't have their marriage suspended but rather had the overseer father posed with the couple beside a posh limousine. And did I hear you say Kumuyi wanted to resign from his personal property or what you call church? You must be gullible to believe that. Who can take over his property from him?

4 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 11, 2019
Well, they already decided to marry. Who even confessed they ate from each other's plates sef
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by nwakaibeya1: 12:46am On Jun 11, 2019
What does knowledge or knowing Jesus Christ mean to you if you don't have unbelievable power,peace and light as JesusChrist commanded in all power belongs to me and I am the light of the world and the prince of peace all these three keys if you don't have them and able to share them to followers then you don't know Jesus Christ at all its authority defined? ASK?Knowing real Jesus Christ has levels and everyone can't speak about Jesus Christ the same way # Do not say you where not told >>Do you know KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME !!!
Don’t argue, it is not like other Prayers. We know you have tested many prayers but this is olden day’s Kingdom that was taken away from people of God. Just come first,if it is not true tell others. JESUS CHRIST HAS COME to swallow your curses. KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE HAS COME UPON THE EARTH. AGAIN.

GUARANTEED LIBERATION

Our lord Jesus Christ personally extends this invitation in Matthew 11:28: “Come to me all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads and I will give you REST” And in John 16: 33, He says, “ I have told you this so that you will have PEACE by being united to me” Despite these and several other passages in the Bible, believers all over the world - In churches, families and individuals experience crises while professing Christ. Throughout Christendom, Peace is a scarce commodity – mainly among the so – called BORN AGAIN.
But today, God has once again remembered His people and has sent us a son of Man who has His mandate. A man who sees in far away lands. A son of Man who carries the MANTLE – The undiluted power of God. He speaks the word with such power and authority that the powers
of darkness cannot resist. He imparts you with LIGHT which empowers you to see your enemies direct in the spirit ream where the battle of life are fought. According to Ephesians 5: 13, and 14, “when all things are brought out to the light, then their true nature is clearly revealed; for anything that is clearly revealed becomes LIGHT”.And naturally whatever is revealed by the light is conquered by the light. See John 1:5.
People are promised Salvation, Deliverance, Miracles, and instant prosperity. They engage in different form of fasting, sleepless nights at vigils and agonizing warfare prayer etc, yet they live in fear of witches / wizards, evil, marine attacks and dreadful dreams and family wickedness. The truth is that you must first of all be free or liberated from these problems before you can experience peace of mind, which must also be achieved before material prosperity. Jesus’ parable of the rich Fool makes it clear that rest (LIBERATION) comes ahead of material wealth (LK.12:16-23).
For the Ritualist who have been given some objects to swallow for wealth, the young professionals who ignorantly joined fraternities for protection, the youth in secret cults, the stagnating believer, the oppressed single ladies who have lost hope of marriage, the barren, those whose stars have been tampered with by their former masters, and others with different types of spiritual problems – come for an encounter with THE TRUE VINE (John 15: 1-4) and your LIBERATION is GUARANTEED.

JESUS CHRIST IS LORD !!!!!!!
The Son of Man ’s ASSURANCE:Come, If you get anything less than promised, you are free to spread the news.

· YOUR CURSES WILL BE SWALLOWED

· Difficult generational problems will be destroyed

· Ancestral yokes will be broken

· Deliverance from spirit wife/husband (incubus and succubus) is guaranteed.

· Total protection from witchcraft oppression and occult powers.

· You’ll be rescued from evil marine and powers of darkness.
HERE YOUR COMPLETE LIBERATION IS GUARANTEED.

When you are liberated, you will have peace of mind and rest in CHRIST –Then prosperity follows. Above all, because the power is live and direct from HEAVEN, all these are delivered to you without any form of FASTING,RIGOROUS NIGHT VIGIL AND AGONIZING WARFARE PRAYERS.

BRETHREN,WE DONT COMBINE THE KINGDOM AND THE KINGDOM OF GOD OF JUSTICE IS ALREADY HERE. (Luke 17:20). “The kingdom of God will not come with observable signs

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Offpoint1: 12:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I would have given you guys a very funny and interesting news yesterday if not that it all happened in a flash and I didn't record the action until it was over.
The wedding was great, a normal deeper life wedding. The wife was not allowed to use any form of make up. Not even powder. (sadly, she's my cousin)
Everything went smooth at the church until we got to reception.
The family already hired professional musicians to sing at the reception but the church asked them not to play and the church choirs started singing praise for the wife to dance in. She refused to come in and started crying. I was sorry for her I swear.
Then after much pressure and time wasting, she walked in without dancing, leaving her husband behind.
Everyone was in shock and started asking each other why she didn't dance in. Lol
But how will she dance to those kind of deeper life old school praise songs for christ sake?
This is not to criticize the church or anything cuz I'm a member of deeper life too but I think this marriage doctrines are too strict.
We've lost all the youths in the church because of it and still they are not getting it.
Deeper life makes Christianity looks like bondage I swear.

4 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by globatop: 12:58am On Jun 11, 2019
If holiness are adhere to in all ramifications of our daily life there will be no corruption in Naija.
Hasn't the church received proceed of corruption as tithe and offering?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by megareal: 1:00am On Jun 11, 2019
luminouz:
shocked

Well,according to church doctrine, suspension based on premarital sex is in order...

But wait o,why on earth will they commit the second 'impure' act after having been punished the first time. They could simply shift the marriage date forward to ease the 'loins-accumulating-fokosobolistic-pressure'
(LAFP).

LAFP happens to the best of men(n women). Why,just today,at the bank,naso junior wan disgrace me when the beautiful teller attendant gave me a bright smile,winked and waltz away giving me a panoramic view of her huge ass. I just dey hear chairman rub ur noose,RUB UR NOOSE!!!! undecided MY FUCKING ZIP SPLIT!!! undecided

grin wink wink

shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by luminouz(m): 1:03am On Jun 11, 2019
megareal:

shocked shocked shocked.
Well there u have it, LAFP is real o...but I'm a consultant and for a small fee,we could help u treat that condition grin
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by megareal: 1:07am On Jun 11, 2019
luminouz:

Well there u have it, LAFP is real o...but I'm a consultant and for a small fee,we could help u treat that condition grin
Oya go and sleep. grin Who say I get the lapo abi labio problem? tongue
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by luminouz(m): 1:12am On Jun 11, 2019
megareal:

Oya go and sleep. grin Who say I get the lapo abi labio problem? tongue
Lmaooo.ok o
Its LAFP or LAFOPRE..or LAFOP...anyone u want jarr wink
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by freecocoa(f): 1:14am On Jun 11, 2019
These deeper life people stupid eh, tueh!

So how does not joining them solve any issue? Isn’t it better to join them and Kuku have them eat the so called fruit peacefully? They can ask for forgiveness for the one they ate before the meal was done, and life goes on jejely, than allow the resources for the wedding go to waste and they continue supposedly living in sin. I just don’t know how people are able to follow these dumb religious rules/their leaders, and even donate money to such m0rons, I taya o.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Juliearth(f): 1:20am On Jun 11, 2019
UceeGod:
If they truly got involved in any immorality, then the suspension of their wedding is very good. Worldliness shouldn't be tolerated in the church.

BTW what does Kumuyi's statement about Buhari has to do with this issue?

I thought the church was meant for sinners? How do we win souls to Christ if we expect everyone to be sanctimonious? The deed has been done and the couple,being remorseful, confessed their wrong doing, the suspension is enough punishment... #justmythought
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Sapphire94: 1:20am On Jun 11, 2019
Dear Pastor, or to whom ever it may concern,

Nobody Holy, Not even you nor your general overseer, so you have no right to judge or condemn.
Judgement and condemnation belongs to God alone

For all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by freecocoa(f): 1:21am On Jun 11, 2019
DECENCY3:

See your mouth like they were disciplined. Why did they wed them in the first place? Why didn’t they cancel it like they did this one?

Almost resigned my Nyash. It’s really a pity that these men f00l y’all like this. It’s a shame actually.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Juliearth(f): 1:21am On Jun 11, 2019
Dam5reey:
How does stopping this ensure they make heaven?

Where is forgiveness Jesus preached, anything religion na wash...

I wonder. Some of these pastors have made themselves lord and judge over their members. If God can forgive us,why shouldn't we do same?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Juliearth(f): 1:23am On Jun 11, 2019
UceeGod:
If they truly got involved in any immorality, then the suspension of their wedding is very good. Worldliness shouldn't be tolerated in the church.

BTW what does Kumuyi's statement about Buhari has to do with this issue?

I am sorry to say this,but it is people with your mentality that make Christianity a religion of mockery. "let he that is without a sin be the first to cast a stone". #Holynweje
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Houseoffranklin: 1:28am On Jun 11, 2019
Dam5reey:
How does stopping this ensure they make heaven?

Where is forgiveness Jesus preached, anything religion na wash...

Yhats is the more reason they should get married ontime. Cause apostle paul said, if you cant hold youself, get married instead of burn. The goal is to make heaven. If u bar dem from marriage, and they get worse, that goal might not be met. Minister, pray for them ask God to show mercy, and let dem ask for mercy and join them on time. The devil is crafty. We all sin differently. Thats why he said in heb 4:16, we should come boldly into the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy .
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Forreellinc: 1:50am On Jun 11, 2019
Story, deeper life gehs that can fvck anything
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by arrestdarrester: 2:12am On Jun 11, 2019
inosend:
I'm sorry to say this but how many times have you had to run away from home after being disciplined by your parents? If you ever had then I can understand the background you are coming from hence such statement. No insult intended.

I think the Church should have stated fully what happened. According to the Church the wedding was first suspended for formication. The second time it was for "acts" contrary to what the Church stands for. I am sorry to ask, but what does the Church stand for that is the reason this couple's wedding was suspended the second time? Why is the Church not saying it out? The Church should not have said anything if it was not ready to say everything.

May be you don't realize it yet. Young people are not leaving your Church because of holiness. No. They are leaving because of highhandedness.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by echelons(m): 2:13am On Jun 11, 2019
Newguyhere:
guys please I seriously need suggestions on what inverter to buy.
I want advice from someone who currently uses one.. Pls comment on this thread if you have little time to spare, it would mean a lot to me. cry

https://www.nairaland.com/5236441/inverters-worth-it

I currently use Prag inverter and 2 batteries.

They're quite expensive comparatively but it's been stable for the last one year I've been using it.

Advice; don't buy inverter if you don't have electricity at least 8 hours per day. It will damage the batteries, and trust me, you don't want to be changing batteries frequently. Alternatively, go solar.

2: don't overload the inverter. I use mine strictly for home appliances, without fridge.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by AngelicBeing: 2:50am On Jun 11, 2019
angry
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by dingbang(m): 3:10am On Jun 11, 2019
Hypocrisy will take a lot of Nigerians to hell.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by slap1(m): 3:30am On Jun 11, 2019
Is it not sex they had (probably after paying her bride price?). Did they kill somebody?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 11, 2019
engineerboat:
The church stands for holiness - Deeper Life Church reacts after suspending couple’s wedding for allegedly eating from same plate

- Legit.ng earlier reported that a Deeper Life Church in Bayelsa suspended a couple’s wedding because they ate from the same plate before their marriage

- The report raised a number of criticisms from social media users and the church has now released a statement reacting to the case

- According to the church, it stands for holiness and the couple were in haste to enjoy the benefits of married couples

A Nigerian couple-to-be Bolingo Israel and Okpokpolom Jemima, who are members of the Deeper Life Church, had their wedding which was slated to hold on June 8, 2019, suspended by their pastor.

It was earlier reported that the wedding was allegedly suspended because the couple ate from the same plate a week before tying the knot.

Well, the Deeper Life Church has reacted to the reports. In a statement sent to Legit.ng, the church explained that contrary to reports, the couple had actually engaged in moral acts after sleeping in the same bed and it amounted to sin.

The church further explained that after feeling guilty and reporting themselves to their respective pastors, the couple was placed on disciplinary action by the state overseer.

After the church felt they had repented, the wedding was slated to hold again but was eventually suspended the second time after they discovered the couple had engaged in 'acts contrary to the laid down procedure by the marriage committee of the church'.

Concluding the statement, the church explained that it stands for holiness and members have been admonished to abstain from evil.

The couple was also described to have behaved unseemingly and were in a haste to enjoy the benefits of married couples.

Read the statement below:

Just recently, Legit.ng reported that the Deeper Life general overseer, Pastor Kumuyi, has warned Christians against attacking President Buhari.

According to News Agency of Nigeria, Kumuyi, during his sermon at the Deeper Life Bible Church, Headquarters, Gbagada, Lagos, urged Christians not to attack the president of the country through any means.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1242663-deeper-life-church-reacts-report-cancelling-couples-wedding-eating-plate.html

I give up on Christianity of this 21st century. But wait ooo... What happened to nairaland emojisit's not showing anymore why? Or I'm I the only one who is seeing this Seun you wan go Hawk the emoji I no understand. Please somebody should explain to me how to use this emoji cuz I can't see it anymore.

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 11, 2019
donziggyman:

I give up on Christianity of this 21st century. But wait ooo... What happened to nairaland emojisit's not showing anymore why? Or I'm I the only one who is seeing this Seun you wan go Hawk the emoji I no understand. Please somebody should explain to me how to use this emoji cuz I can't see it anymore.

After typing this emojis automatically appear on it own. What's happening?

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 11, 2019
Pastor Kumuyi will not support this and that Pastor better be prepared for a suspension from the marriage committee in the state.

You have stopped them from the single act that will validate what they did before God. The only act to correct the sin of premarital sex is to marry the person and not even in begging God for forgiveness.

Pastor Kumuyi already preached against this act of the marriage committee. He reiterated that couples should be married even if found to have eaten the forbidden fruit. The only way out is marrying them quickly.

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by feelgoodstuffs(m): 4:49am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I would have given you guys a very funny and interesting news yesterday if not that it all happened in a flash and I didn't record the action until it was over.
The wedding was great, a normal deeper life wedding. The wife was not allowed to use any form of make up. Not even powder. (sadly, she's my cousin)
Everything went smooth at the church until we got to reception.
The family already hired professional musicians to sing at the reception but the church asked them not to play and the church choirs started singing praise for the wife to dance in. She refused to come in and started crying. I was sorry for her I swear.
Then after much pressure and time wasting, she walked in without dancing, leaving her husband behind.
Everyone was in shock and started asking each other why she didn't dance in. Lol
But how will she dance to those kind of deeper life old school praise songs for christ sake?
This is not to criticize the church or anything cuz I'm a member of deeper life too but I think this marriage doctrines are too strict.
We've lost all the youths in the church because of it and still they are not getting it.

Why is she crying? Is it by force to be a member of deeper life in the first place?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by bellotaofeek: 4:53am On Jun 11, 2019
As in ? They straff
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by emelda86(f): 5:34am On Jun 11, 2019
After paying her bride price abi wetin...

Rubbish...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Wants To Sleep In Kirikiri Prison As He Visits Inmates (Pics) / Bulletproof Car Not Anointing Oil Saved SULEMAN / Bishop Oyedepo: Fulani Vagabonds, 2015 Error; Many Will Die, Go Blind, Crippled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.