Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,774 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple (64254 Views)

Deeper Life Church Suspends Wedding In Bayelsa As Couple Eats From Same Plate / Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Godssword1(m): 8:23am On Jun 11, 2019
If it's on the grounds of sexual immorality, the Church did the right thing.

VISIT FOR THE LATEST GOSPEL MUSIC:

https://www.ibloggospel.com/

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by eodavids(m): 8:35am On Jun 11, 2019
THE DEEPER LIFE CHURCH HAVE ACTED ULTRA VIRES (BIBLICALLY) AS FAR AS GOD AND HIS WORD IS CONCERNED. 2ND JOHN VS 9.

REAL MARRIAGE IS CONTRACTED WHEN TWO PERSONS OF OPPOSITE SEX AGREE TO MARRY EACH OTHER.
CHURCH WISE, THE FAMILIES OF EACH PARTY TO THIS UNION NEEDS TO GIVE THEIR SUPPORT AND BLESSING TO THE MARRIAGE.

IF THE ARRANGEMENT CULMINATE TO THE POINT WHERE MARITAL RIGHTS (DOWRY) IS FIXED (WHETHER PAID INSTANTLY, PARTLY OR AGREED TO BE PAID IN A FUTURE DATE), THEN MARRIAGE IS ESTABLISHED.

NOTE:
FROM WHAT I PUT UP ABOVE, MARRIAGE CAN BE COTRACTED WITHOUT INVOLVING THE CHURCH, OR, THE CHURCH CAN AT MOST BE A WITNESS TO THE PROCESS, WHERE THE PARTIES DEEM IT FIT TO INVOLVE OR INVITE THEIR CHURCH TO WITNESS IT.

NOW, WHEN THE MARRIAGE IS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED, THE PARTIES MAY WISH TO GO FOR CHURCH CELEBRATION, OTHERWISE CALLED WEDDING.

UNFORTUNATELY, THE CHURCHES HAVE AROGATED TO THEMSELVES, THE POWER TO JOIN PEOPLE IN MARRIAGE, BUT ITS WRONG.

THIS MATTER IS FUNDAMENTAL, SUCH THAT I WILL WANT TO AS ANY PERSON DISPUTING MY POSITION: IF YOU THINK THAT UNLESS A CHURCH "JOIN COUPLES IN MARRIAGE, THEIR MARRIAGE IS VOID" THEN TELL ME IF THE MARRIAGES THAT PRODUCED PEOPLE LIKE W.F.KUMUYI, AND OTHER RESPECTABLE NIGERIAN ARE VOID?

BECAUSE, MANY CHURCH "FOUNDERS'" PARENTS WEREN'T JOINED IN MARRIAGE BY A CHURCH, BUT TRADITIONALLY AND I TELL YOU AUTHORITATIVELY, THAT SUCH MARRIAGES ARE VALID.

IN THE BIBLE, WHICH THE DEEPER LIFE SHOULD HOLD TIGHT, THE OLD TESTAMENT REMAINS THE PLACE TO LOOK FOR HOW MARRIAGE IS ENTERED INTO. THE NEW TESTAMENT ISNT SUFFICIENTLY GUIDING CHRISTIANS ON "HOW", THUS PEOPLE STILL RELY ON OLD TESTAMENT.

THE NECESSARY INFERENCE IS: IF GOD, WHOSE BRAIN CHILD IS THE BIBLE HAD WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT ENTIRELY FROM THE PRACTICE IN OLD TESTAMENT, HE, WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF PEACE (not of confusion) WOULD HAVE MADE A DISTINCT PROVISION.

I WISH TO SAY THAT CHURCH MARRIAGE IS NOT GOD-COMMANDED MARRIAGE BUT A QUICK FIX BY THOSE WHO THOUGHT THERE IS A LACUNA IN THE SCRIPTURES WITH REGARDS TO MARRIAGE.

UNFORTUNATELY, CHURCH MARRIAGE AND COURT MARRIAGE ARE THE SAME THING AND ARE BORROWED ENHLISH CULTURE/PRACTICE ON MARRIAGE, NOTHING MORE.

TODAY, ANY CHURCH MARRIAGE OR COURT MARRIAGE THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE ENGLISH " MARRIAGE ACT" REMAINS VOIDABLE AND WILL BE DECLARED VOID IN AN EVENT WHERE IT IS BROUGHT BEFORE A COMPETENT COURT OF JURISDICTION.

BUT A CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE JUST NEED TO CONFORM TO THE PRACTICE AND CUSTOMS OF THEIR PEOPLE TO BE VALID AND ITS NOT DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO CONFORM TO THE CUSTOM OF THEIR OWN POEPLE.

I HEREBY HUMBLY ASSERT THAT IF THE PARTIES TO THE MARRIAGE WHICH DEEPER LIFE REFUSED TO CELEBRATE IN BAYELSA HAVE CONDUCTED THEIR MARTIAGE IN LINE WIRH THEIR LOCAL CUSTOM AND PRACTICE, THEY ALREADY HAVE A VALID MARRIAGE.

IT FOLLOWS THEREFORE THAT WHERE THEY ALREADY HAVE A VALID MARRIAGE, THAT DEEPER LIFE REFUSED TO GIVE THE "CHURCH BLESSING" BEING SOUGHT IS NOT A BIG ISSUE. LET THE COUPLE BE HAPPY, THEY ARE MARRIED WITH OR WITHOUT CHURCH BLESSING.

6 Likes

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by DECENCY3: 9:09am On Jun 11, 2019
freecocoa:
See your mouth like they were disciplined. Why did they wed them in the first place? Why didn’t they cancel it like they did this one?

Almost resigned my Nyash. It’s really a pity that these men f00l y’all like this. It’s a shame actually.

Must you insult before you convince with your opinion?

I don't argue with kids. You can argue with your keyboard. Bye
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by ffo(m): 9:28am On Jun 11, 2019
dehi:
We agree it's a sin,,,,, does it mean they can't be forgiven,,, what difference does it make now,,,, some times it's very important some Bible verses and church doctrines are interpreted well...

they were initially pardoned after committing sin, they will still be pardoned again.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Hotsparkles(m): 9:29am On Jun 11, 2019
eodavids:
THE DEEPER LIFE CHURCH HAVE ACTED ULTRA VIRES (BIBLICALLY) AS FAR AS GOD AND HIS WORD IS CONCERNED. 2ND JOHN VS 9.

REAL MARRIAGE IS CONTRACTED WHEN TWO PERSONS OF OPPOSITE SEX AGREE TO MARRY EACH OTHER.
CHURCH WISE, THE FAMILIES OF EACH PARTY TO THIS UNION NEEDS TO GIVE THEIR SUPPORT AND BLESSING TO THE MARRIAGE.

IF THE ARRANGEMENT CULMINATE TO THE POINT WHERE MARITAL RIGHTS (DOWRY) IS FIXED (WHETHER PAID INSTANTLY, PARTLY OR AGREED TO BE PAID IN A FUTURE DATE), THEN MARRIAGE IS ESTABLISHED.

NOTE:
FROM WHAT I PUT UP ABOVE, MARRIAGE CAN BE COTRACTED WITHOUT INVOLVING THE CHURCH, OR, THE CHURCH CAN AT MOST BE A WITNESS TO THE PROCESS, WHERE THE PARTIES DEEM IT FIT TO INVOLVE OR INVITE THEIR CHURCH TO WITNESS IT.

NOW, WHEN THE MARRIAGE IS SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED, THE PARTIES MAY WISH TO GO FOR CHURCH CELEBRATION, OTHERWISE CALLED WEDDING.

UNFORTUNATELY, THE CHURCHES HAVE AROGATED TO THEMSELVES, THE POWER TO JOIN PEOPLE IN MARRIAGE, BUT ITS WRONG.

THIS MATTER IS FUNDAMENTAL, SUCH THAT I WILL WANT TO AS ANY PERSON DISPUTING MY POSITION: IF YOU THINK THAT UNLESS A CHURCH "JOIN COUPLES IN MARRIAGE, THEIR MARRIAGE IS VOID" THEN TELL ME IF THE MARRIAGES THAT PRODUCED PEOPLE LIKE W.F.KUMUYI, AND OTHER RESPECTABLE NIGERIAN ARE VOID?

BECAUSE, MANY CHURCH "FOUNDERS'" PARENTS WEREN'T JOINED IN MARRIAGE BY A CHURCH, BUT TRADITIONALLY AND I TELL YOU AUTHORITATIVELY, THAT SUCH MARRIAGES ARE VALID.

IN THE BIBLE, WHICH THE DEEPER LIFE SHOULD HOLD TIGHT, THE OLD TESTAMENT REMAINS THE PLACE TO LOOK FOR HOW MARRIAGE IS ENTERED INTO. THE NEW TESTAMENT ISNT SUFFICIENTLY GUIDING CHRISTIANS ON "HOW", THUS PEOPLE STILL RELY ON OLD TESTAMENT.

THE NECESSARY INFERENCE IS: IF GOD, WHOSE BRAIN CHILD IS THE BIBLE HAD WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT ENTIRELY FROM THE PRACTICE IN OLD TESTAMENT, HE, WHO IS THE AUTHOR OF PEACE (not of confusion) WOULD HAVE MADE A DISTINCT PROVISION.

I WISH TO SAY THAT CHURCH MARRIAGE IS NOT GOD-COMMANDED MARRIAGE BUT A QUICK FIX BY THOSE WHO THOUGHT THERE IS A LACUNA IN THE SCRIPTURES WITH REGARDS TO MARRIAGE.

UNFORTUNATELY, CHURCH MARRIAGE AND COURT MARRIAGE ARE THE SAME THING AND ARE BORROWED ENHLISH CULTURE/PRACTICE ON MARRIAGE, NOTHING MORE.

TODAY, ANY CHURCH MARRIAGE OR COURT MARRIAGE THAT DOES NOT CONFORM TO THE ENGLISH " MARRIAGE ACT" REMAINS VOIDABLE AND WILL BE DECLARED VOID IN AN EVENT WHERE IT IS BROUGHT BEFORE A COMPETENT COURT OF JURISDICTION.

BUT A CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE JUST NEED TO CONFORM TO THE PRACTICE AND CUSTOMS OF THEIR PEOPLE TO BE VALID AND ITS NOT DIFFICULT FOR PEOPLE TO CONFORM TO THE CUSTOM OF THEIR OWN POEPLE.

I HEREBY HUMBLY ASSERT THAT IF THE PARTIES TO THE MARRIAGE WHICH DEEPER LIFE REFUSED TO CELEBRATE IN BAYELSA HAVE CONDUCTED THEIR MARTIAGE IN LINE WIRH THEIR LOCAL CUSTOM AND PRACTICE, THEY ALREADY HAVE A VALID MARRIAGE.

IT FOLLOWS THEREFORE THAT WHERE THEY ALREADY HAVE A VALID MARRIAGE, THAT DEEPER LIFE REFUSED TO GIVE THE "CHURCH BLESSING" BEING SOUGHT IS NOT A BIG ISSUE. LET THE COUPLE BE HAPPY, THEY ARE MARRIED WITH OR WITHOUT CHURCH BLESSING.

exactly my thought
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by dequeenishere: 9:32am On Jun 11, 2019
Since they ar in a haste to enjoy marital benefits, wouldn't it have been better to wed them Sharp Sharp so they can officially start their marriage and nt commit more sin? Because they may start lying or even have abortion when something happens, just to cover up. And i thing that will be more sins. MY HUMBLE THOUGHT though�� what do i know sef.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by eodavids(m): 10:01am On Jun 11, 2019
Hotsparkles:
exactly my thought

Thank you
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by tete7000(m): 10:07am On Jun 11, 2019
Rock89:
Its better you keep calm and quiet when you don't have words to say. Try to processed wat is whatever is being said on the social media before you talk.

Truth they say is bitter. You people are averse to the truth. I don't follow people around like sheep. If you don't have anything sensible to say you can as well shut up your dirty stinking mouth...
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by tete7000(m): 10:10am On Jun 11, 2019
glowingflame7:

That's the point. If pastor Kumuyi didn't "spoil their day" but waited till after the wedding to act, even taking pictures with them, then the other leaders can learn from that.

Who set the rule abinitio? Who is the leader? The truth is if the leader has set the right precedence, there is no way anyone else could have done anything to the contrary. The fact it is what was done in case of Pastor Kumuyi's son that is the aberration...
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by OBAGADAFFI: 10:32am On Jun 11, 2019
eodavids:

NOTE:

Well, from the information the Marriage has not been established before they got involved in the immoral act.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by feelgoodstuffs(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

Her father is a pastor at deeper life so she doesn't have a choice

Oh I see.. Lol now I understand wink. Make she take heart
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2019
If they have been pardoned for the first offence, the fact then remains that their marriage was suspended for the second offence. But is this second offence really worth it?

Even the old testament laws and ordinances of Moses with all its emphasis on external rules cannot forbid that engaged/courting couples should not eat from the same plate.

I stand for holiness and against immorality, but the church should watch her legalistic tendencies.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by jamesfadairo(m): 11:33am On Jun 11, 2019
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by jamesfadairo(m): 11:37am On Jun 11, 2019
Kelvin30286063:

The wedding was great, a normal deeper life wedding. The wife was not allowed to use any form of make up. Not even powder. (sadly, she's my cousin)
Everything went smooth at the church until we got to reception.
The family already hired professional musicians to sing at the reception but the church asked them not to play and the church choirs started singing praise for the wife to dance in. She refused to come in and started crying.

why did she react that way, I guess she must have attended 1 or 2 deeper life weddings before hers
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by owila4luv(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
No Sin No Forgiveness, we're Not Encouraging It but When It Happens The Church Should Forgive as God Directs, i Haven't Seen A Place In The Bible That forbids An intending Couples marriage due To sex. #wedthem
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Opinionated: 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2019
PapaNnamdi:

u mean Anglican girls are oshofree??

Sometimes i just wonder if this was hw the apostle were abi its just this part of the world
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hypocrites, its not okay to eat from the same plate but its ok to fornicate on the same bed.

Depressed christians, your men are the highest patrons of prostitutes.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by nnaeyes6: 1:04pm On Jun 11, 2019
If they have done traditional marriage (which is the actual marriage) and court marriage why wasting ur energy white white imported wedding.?
What is the holiness there when parents have handed their child to u with their blessings on it?

Nija and inferiority ignoramus religious capitalism.

Please i give u ten days to impregnant ur wife man.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by myself13: 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
Adakintroy:
If you check it's the poor once in the church they use to enforce holy laws. The rich don't get this form of treatment.

"Poverty makes it look like laws of societies are working"

--Albert gans. "Functions of poverty"
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Awoo88: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ace16:

See this O e that need teaching. Want to turn the grace of God into lasciviousness. Immoral lots, who are control by the flesh
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by mechanics(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2019
They caused it themselves, they knew the truth but refused to obey the truth.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by santafe(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2019
How dumb these leaders could be. I doubt if they think with their brains.

After traditional wedding and parental consent has been given. These people are officially husband and wife.
White or church wedding is just ceremonial.
They should just continue with their lives abeg.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by santafe(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2019
mechanics:
They caused it themselves, they knew the truth but refused to obey the truth.

What truth. You have been brainwashed if you think that has anything to do with truth.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by santafe(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2019
nnaeyes6:
If they have done traditional marriage (which is the actual marriage) and court marriage why wasting ur energy white white imported wedding.?
What is the holiness there when parents have handed their child to u with their blessings on it?

Nija and inferiority ignoramus religious capitalism.

Please i give u ten days to impregnant ur wife man.

GBAM! They are already married na. Why subject themselves to the dumb marriage committee .
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by santafe(m): 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Hayelomo:
If they have been pardoned for the first offence, the fact then remains that their marriage was suspended for the second offence. But is this second offence really worth it?

Even the old testament laws and ordinances of Moses with all its emphasis on external rules cannot forbid that engaged/courting couples should not eat from the same plate.

I stand for holiness and against immorality, but the church should watch her legalistic tendencies.

You were in the bedroom with them when they were having sex. Right?
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by santafe(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you mean Anglicans support fornication?..hmm

They don't need to come Anglican, they are already married. That's the point. That's the way my parents and lots of people got married.

Get a court marriage and traditional marriage.
Go ahead and enjoy your married life.
Save yourself the Money and stress of a church or white wedding. You don't need it.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Samunique(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2019
killsmith:
Just imagine that kind nonsense.

For person wedding, choir go dey sing TRUST AND OBEY, FOR THERE'S NO OTHER WAY
grin

Chaiiii cheesy
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by killsmith(f): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
Samunique:
grin

Chaiiii cheesy
Brother, E make sense?

For person wedding, them go dey sing. "SINCE I WAS BORN, BUT NOW I AM GETTING OLD"

1 Like

Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by mechanics(m): 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
santafe:

What truth. You have been brainwashed if you think that has anything to do with truth.
Have not been brainwashed o, that's the fact, the Bible says it's a sin to defile the bed before marriage.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by Samunique(m): 10:05pm On Jun 11, 2019
killsmith:
Brother, E make sense?

For person wedding, them go dey sing. "SINCE I WAS BORN, BUT NOW I AM GETTING OLD"
You're still making me laugh grin u must be a very funny guy cheesy.

But honestly speaking, religiosity is a bad thing, even Jesus attended wedding and turned water into wine to add to the merry of the occasion.
How on earth will people be so religious that they will not even allow a Christian musician to play in a wedding reception in the name of holiness, and then begin to sing, "oh sing oh sing o praise the lord
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by SamOgasco(m): 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2019
UceeGod:
If they truly got involved in any immorality, then the suspension of their wedding is very good. Worldliness shouldn't be tolerated in the church.

BTW what does Kumuyi's statement about Buhari has to do with this issue?

I wonder ooooooooooooo. I don't just know how Kumuyi's things with that of Buhari goes to do with this oooo.
Re: Cancelled Wedding In Bayelsa: Deeper Life Reacts After Suspending Couple by nnaeyes6: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2019
santafe:

GBAM! They are already married na. Why subject themselves to the dumb marriage committee .

I wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos / Suleman's 2015 Prophecy On Buhari Comes To Pass..? / A Pastor, 14 Others Accepted Islam In OFFA, Kwara State(acadip)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.