Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. (50774 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Francisayo(m): 7:46am On Jun 14, 2019
Godswillnwaoma:
I need urgent answer on NYSC age limit........ My DOB (WAEC) 1st January 1988 while (JAMB DOB)1st January 1989 and I graduated on 25th October 2017. will I still serve or will I be excepted?

You'll serve
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by maynation(f): 7:51am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

I go try finish am #smiles#

Oga park well abeg.

You made me surf through all the pages only to know the story is still far from completion.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:52am On Jun 14, 2019
quentin06:
15 yrs ago you wouldnt be saying this, jigawa, kano and katsina axis were desirable places, the people friendly and accommodating they respect corpers even uniformed people there pet corpers, that was before this bandit saga.

What have I said exactly. The aim of this thread is to encourage PCMs to serve in Northern Nigeria and I'm not done with the article. You are right, the people are really the most friendly set of individuals I have ever seen. Judge me when I'm done with the piece.
I didn't create the thread to just bash the North, every part of the country has its own share of problems. Thus, the need to lay it all bare.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 7:53am On Jun 14, 2019
maynation:

Oga park well abeg.

You made me surf through all the pages only to know the story is still far from completion.

No vex na. I honestly didn't think my write-up would have this many viewers.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by uzoexcel(m): 7:55am On Jun 14, 2019
interesting perspective

ChemicalMallam:

judging from the time and dates contained, I can tell you're 18c1. I've been to you PPA, mine is close by, Buji to be precise. and I'm also 18c1

As regards to the marriage thing, I believe they do that cos they've got everything figured out in there own way. try making inquiry and you'll get to know that that boy already has a farm and probably a bigimi (a fully grown cow). FYI one of such cows even in the north here can go for nothing less than 150k and such cows are in pairs. so if he's to sell those cows here in Kano or kaduna state, he's going home with nothing less than 300k, imagine if such cows are brought down south. the bottom line is that this guys are rich in there own little way.

And one of the reasons behind such is to prevent the kids from indecency. they'll rather marry off their 15 years old daughter than watch her jump from one man to another. They rather encourage their sons to be father's than watch them become baby daddy. That seems fare to to considering the level of indecency in our society today.

it's not like I'm trying to rationalize their way of life but even those down south, if you've got the basic things needed to survive in your environment, the next thing is marriage. for example a young man after serving his oga and the said oga establishing the said boy and business begin to bloom. what the next step in life if not marriage?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by maynation(f): 7:57am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

No vex na. I honestly didn't think my write-up would have this many viewers.

cheesy

Now it does.

Please update sharp sharp
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by enemyofprogress: 8:01am On Jun 14, 2019
prince3009:

Na your type go North and disappear without a trace! You think life is all about f*cking? In the core Northern Nigeria, if you as much as approach a young girl to ask for directions, you may lose your head at night!
na lie. I lived in nano for almos 18 years I fok their babes including alhajas tired. Their ringtones baaaaaaaaaad

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FREDDi(m): 8:20am On Jun 14, 2019
I hail you bro, nice writeup! also serving in jigawa state. dutse precisely! more grease bro.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Lastorator: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2019
prince3009:

Agreed...but social life is close to NIL there
True
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Lastorator: 8:27am On Jun 14, 2019
prince3009:

Agreed...but social life is close to NIL there
True
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by mcdokwe(m): 8:28am On Jun 14, 2019
ransome001:
I need urgent help right now.. I am PCM going for service next week Tuesday... I have mobilised.my DOB on my green card changed last night from original DOB of Nov 9th 1990 to my Incorrect WAEC DOB Dec 5th 1989 that is on my WAEC. During my 1st June registration my green card shower my correct DOB but now it has changed to my WAEC DOB which is not my real DOB. I have tried changing it at the provision made by NYSC for correction of DOB but an still seeing the incorrect date of birth... Please what do I do
I guess your interest is going for service. No? Then you don't have to worry as you are still eligible
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FREDDi(m): 8:39am On Jun 14, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

The camp is not at Dutse. It's is the Passing Out Parade Ground that is at Dutse.

Also the NYSC State head office. You find the zonal coordinators work in there.

While CORPERS LIASON OFFICERS are corpers, like you, assigned headship, within locations where corpers are posted and temporarily reside.

My allowances were paid to one local Farmers bank, by the junction to the then (I guess) Corners Lodge at Birnin Kudu. A big brownish, house with seat out at the front.
The camp is in Fanisau,Dutse..
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

What have I said exactly. The aim of this thread is to encourage PCMs to serve in Northern Nigeria and I'm not done with the article. You are right, the people are really the most friendly set of individuals I have ever seen. Judge me when I'm done with the piece.
I didn't create the thread to just bash the North, every part of the country has its own share of problems. Thus, the need to lay it all bare.

not here to judge just sharing my own point of view once you create a thread you should expect differing views its a waste of energy going on the offensive.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by holysaint1(m): 8:43am On Jun 14, 2019
amaniro:
Everybody is now serving in Jigawa state

Laffing ma ass off...

Niccur u Cray... grin grin grin
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2019
enemyofprogress:
na lie. I lived in nano for almos 18 years I fok their babes including alhajas tired. Their ringtones baaaaaaaaaad

U wan give me hard-on this morning abi? shocked

E no go work for you! grin

I guess it was easier for you because you lived there all those years and probably speak the hausa language fluently
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by iamariwa(m): 9:12am On Jun 14, 2019
freshbillz15:

Where in katsina?served in daura 2015 B ...katsina what a cool state with beautiful ladies
Batagarawa. Yea, their ladies are pretty, cool state I must say, though some parts of the state is currently ravaged by bandits and kidnappers.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:17am On Jun 14, 2019
Naijaguy12345:
NYSC experience without no mention of sex, we are kind of disappointed in you op . You’ve got to fuuuck as much as possible during NYSC.

I was in jss3 when my brother share his experience with me. He served in a village in calabar. There was a story of copers night where sex flows, there was a story of him fuckinggg a community leader woman
then her 2 daughters needed help with mathematics and he hammered them, then another story of a girl who was cheating on a boyfriend, shocking end to the story she sneaked out on her wedding night to fuuuck ma brother ! Got my own story but not near my brothers own .
You need deliverance man. Your up north is the headquarter of sex
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Seebrian(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2019
Op is hundred percent correct with his submission. I served in Babura local government area of Jigawa state, closed to Niger Republic border. On the serious note, what is the meaning of Op? I only have the impression that the person anchoring the subject matter is addressed as such.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by SilentBang(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2019
Godswillnwaoma:
I need urgent answer on NYSC age limit........ My DOB (WAEC) 1st January 1988 while (JAMB DOB)1st January 1989 and I graduated on 25th October 2017. will I still serve or will I be excepted?

You will be exempted only if as at the time of your graduation you have reached the age limit which is 30years.

And clearly from your DOB you haven't... so must serve, even if its in next 10years unless you don't need the cert.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 9:49am On Jun 14, 2019
My story wouldn't hold much water if I fail to chip in these few words of advice to PCMs. Thus, answering the questions below could be of great help to any PCM.
*Do you want to save no matter how little during your service year?
*Do you want to serve in a state with the least possible cost of living?
If your answer to the above questions is a yes; then, Jigawa state is a place you ought to consider ( I haven't lived in any other Northern state, thus, wouldn't want to generalize).
Serving in a rural area has its pros and cons just like the urban areas isn't spared of certain mishaps. Serving in the rural area has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. Therefore, if you have the same line of thought as I do,you will most certainly have to forgo some alternatives such as social life, sometimes electricity, easy access to water etc for a year. Network fluctuations could also be added to the list. I read an article on nairaland when I was a PCM; the writer made it very clear that it's either you serve in a rural area and become the Jagaban or go for the urban areas if you are really socially inclined. He couldn't have said it any better. Food is immensely cheap in Sundimina and that has enabled me save beyond my imagination ( Hey, don't ask how much I've managed to save so far). The locals here have been of immense help. Always ready to give one a helping hand (God bless them).They most times give us (Corp Members) stuff for free. I can't recall the last time I bought beans over here. Its that good! I'm not trying to shove it down your throats, I'm merely stating facts. If giving up social life for savings is what it takes, then I'd readily serve in a rural setting over and over again.
Remember, its different strokes for different folks. The truth is, the rural areas are devoid of any social life. However, that shouldn't deter your resolve to serve in any rural community. People ostensibly tend to forget that service is just for a year!

# Election experience loading......#

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2019
I wanna commend everyone who's contributed to the thread so far. Thanks. I do appreciate.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by achi4u(m): 10:06am On Jun 14, 2019
I heard North is very welcoming even though ur head can be chopped off for smiling to a girl.

please, those serving in Maiduguri and Adamawa state should also pen down their own experience we're enjoying it.

North is very PEACEFUL
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by achi4u(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:
I wanna commend everyone who's contributed to the thread so far. Thanks. I do appreciate.
Op nothing do you...na u we greet pass.

God continue to guard you and ur fellow corpers

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by dunsin125: 10:18am On Jun 14, 2019
Who knows when Batch c guys would be going
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by shugaboo(f): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2019
Iolo:

Back when I served the state government was luring corpers to stay behind to teach in their schools. Pay was about 65k or 85k...don’t remember exactly now... and there was free accommodation. I know a number of ppl who decided to stayed back for a few years while some are still there with their families now.

Is that programme still on?
No it's not, the present government doesn't employ non indigenes except on 2 years contract, tribalism is highly rooted in him. What year did you serve?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by danthamccoy(m): 10:54am On Jun 14, 2019
Seebrian:
Op is hundred percent correct with his submission. I served in Babura local government area of Jigawa state, closed to Niger Republic border. On the serious note, what is the meaning of Op? I only have the impression that the person anchoring the subject matter is addressed as such.
Original Post/Poster.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by lookgoodingguy: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2019
amaniro:
face it there's no life in Jigawa state. It's like you're truly in a different world. I lived and was born and still living in the north. Don't overrate or exaggerate.

That is coming from someone who was probably born and bred in a state like lagos and other big cities where almost everyone is mad. People like that appreciate the serenity of quieter places like some northern states.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by limamintruth: 11:23am On Jun 14, 2019
mrsuccessful:

Sorry bro i'm about to hijack your thread..

**me i served in Kano Dawakin Tofa a local village settlement... For those concerned with se.x u better stick to your fellow corpers for your own good...**

**Major Differences I Noticed **

1. Language barrier (You f*cking have to learn Hausa) you just have to fellaz! on the flip side it's an add, yea! I can speak Hausa)

2. They treat women different:
A woman cannot sit in between two guys, same as men,

A female does not make any physical contact with a male not even a hand shake,

Women are not allowed to pray together with men, they go to mosque (masallahchi) on Sundays and a special school called Islamiya

Throughout my stay I never saw a woman sitting in the front passenger sit of a PUBLIC vehicle

3. There's a funny relationship with animals:

locals own cats and cats are not afraid of people but down here in the south na to shout witch!! And chase them but Here cats just go around their normal business, thesame with other animals...

Here we have carmels and horses it's a serene habitation here..

Animals no dey fear, like you'll be eating then rams and goats will start crowding see mind..

I can also walk through the mist of 200 cows without any fear but for South if we see just one cow dey pass na to clear road o! We no wan hear say! One thing happen

4. They have mosque like inside every bank, filling station even inside Shoprite (Ado Bayero mall) they don't joke with prayers. A cahier will just stop counting your money that he's going to pray... Make I hear say igbo man stop to count money for waytin na?

5. Things are super cheap especially transportation you can use 15naira for Transport my people 15 NAIRA... food stuff is cheap too, we had to throwaway tomatoes and onion, it was too much

6. A guy is not allowed to enter a house if they are females also living in the house is called Ba a shiga but female corpers are free to go in....urna see cheating

Plenty numerous to mention like also loading people in the boots of cars and buses, bicycle is a popular means of transportation (early mornings is like China everybody on byke)

IT WAS FUN!!....

KANO mykau!! Inna je Hausa pala pala (meaning:Kano is go, I understand hausa plenty plenty)....

Thank you for the experience

**Note: The experience might vary based on your location but it's 70% thesame**

Walahi you really captured the typical core North lifestyle well! grin
I like that.

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by mcjohny(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

I don't know much about housing in the state since I'm in a rural setting. My school has an accommodation for Corp Members.

kul, just asking though
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by lookgoodingguy: 11:25am On Jun 14, 2019
iamariwa:
Most core north are entirely like that, presently serving in katsina and about to pass out. I hope to pen down my own experience sometime soon.

I hope to read about your experience
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FriendNG: 11:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Oritsewhandey:

Was the military barrack, opposite the connecting road from the HILLTOP HOTEL then?

Still remembered the Bank of the North, First Bank & GT Bank and UBA, on same road in Dutse.

Also Gidan Dubu. 1000 houses estate. Somewhat quite few distance from the city center. Crops of 2bedroom & 3 bedrooms buildings. Poor street roads within the estate then.

Another international high school existed just rightly before the 1000 houses estate then.

Peaceful State. They've got a nice hotel too. Seated on a hill. By left turn.

The road in gida Duba is now excellent one with street light. The international School known as Dutse model has moved and now the area is occupied by Federal University Dutse. 99% of roads in Dutse are very good.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by lookgoodingguy: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Truth be told, I have never been comfortable with Northerners and their general backwardness and lack of intelligence, their readiness to kill and commit atrocities in the name of their religion and their primitive mindset.
I can honestly say that I pray for the day when I'll no longer have to be from the same country as Northerners.

[img]https://images./4dqWBzDqEywMjb2ejxJdSX.jpg[/img]

I saw through your first comment. You are just a bigot. Rid yourself of hatred, drink water and travel more. Do not rely on every piece of information you get feom the internet. You'll be fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NYSC DG Gives Update On The Payment Of New Minimum Wage / Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / Corper Omaka Samuel Dike Executes 5 Community Projects Within 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.