Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. (50809 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Kano: One Year Of Joy, Challenges, Tears And Victory / Corper Azeez Shittu Olalekan Missing In Jigawa After Their Bus Was Robbed / Lanre Amu: ‘My NYSC Experience At 54' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by yanabasee(m): 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2019
Lastorator:

Ikpa dey your lane,no come dey do this thing,this thing... O quote u before i talk weytin i talk ? Why u want may devil use you this evening... I tell u say i from south,u sef gats know say from my side when you price you pay... Just talk your own comot, no waka around dey cap sentiment,may sumtyn no block your way.
Ku unam mkpor nte ndisimmeh ke ado

lol....
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by yanabasee(m): 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
amaniro:
Hausas have more opportunities than southerners. Employment is given to them at grasp. Because most of them are actively in politics.

It's not because they are involved in politics........

A northern politician can give job slots slated for its community to different families... While down south, they will share it with their families or sell the slots to northern politicians....
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by bumzydaprince: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

I don't know much about housing in the state since I'm in a rural setting. My school has an accommodation for Corp Members.
House prices varies though, am staying in dutse and the most expensive houses here are mostly owned by one alahaji,and its for 65k(self con) and its tiled,u can also get for 45k from other land lord,most ain't tiled though, some has water rushing in the compound while some don't..in brinikudu u can get a house of 35k,in hadejia u can also get of 35k too
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by shigoslim(m): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

You should have stayed back. Asides some of the issues highlighted in my write-up. It is a great state to serve. As far as I know, I'm enjoying my service year.

I left purposely because of my business and also unforseen circumstances in the process of staying that may hinder my business .
Such unforseen circumstances as followed . Fear of unknown PPA, absent of network, stable electricity and language barriers.
Apparently knowing fully well that after NYSC uncertain job opportunities that I may face . So i take the horn to find my way back to south where I can continue growing the business. grin shocked grin tongue embarassed
Though I left some folk . .... My friend was General commanding officers for Batch 19A we all cam from same school and same region, he also relocate to Ogun state. Mehn what a lovely memories.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Skyfornia(m): 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2019
OP na wa for you...why you come dey slack the story? Abi you dey plan your own marriage too? Update sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2019
mrsuccessful:

Sorry bro i'm about to hijack your thread..

**me i served in Kano Dawakin Tofa a local village settlement... For those concerned with se.x u better stick to your fellow corpers for your own good...**

**Major Differences I Noticed **

1. Language barrier (You f*cking have to learn Hausa) you just have to fellaz! on the flip side it's an add, yea! I can speak Hausa)

2. They treat women different:
A woman cannot sit in between two guys, same as men,

A female does not make any physical contact with a male not even a hand shake,

Women are not allowed to pray together with men, they go to mosque (masallahchi) on Sundays and a special school called Islamiya

Throughout my stay I never saw a woman sitting in the front passenger sit of a PUBLIC vehicle

3. There's a funny relationship with animals:

locals own cats and cats are not afraid of people but down here in the south na to shout witch!! And chase them but Here cats just go around their normal business, thesame with other animals...

Here we have carmels and horses it's a serene habitation here..

Animals no dey fear, like you'll be eating then rams and goats will start crowding see mind..

I can also walk through the mist of 200 cows without any fear but for South if we see just one cow dey pass na to clear road o! We no wan hear say! One thing happen

4. They have mosque like inside every bank, filling station even inside Shoprite (Ado Bayero mall) they don't joke with prayers. A cahier will just stop counting your money that he's going to pray... Make I hear say igbo man stop to count money for waytin na?

5. Things are super cheap especially transportation you can use 15naira for Transport my people 15 NAIRA... food stuff is cheap too, we had to throwaway tomatoes and onion, it was too much

6. A guy is not allowed to enter a house if they are females also living in the house is called Ba a shiga but female corpers are free to go in....urna see cheating

Plenty numerous to mention like also loading people in the boots of cars and buses, bicycle is a popular means of transportation (early mornings is like China everybody on byke)

IT WAS FUN!!....

KANO mykau!! Inna je Hausa pala pala (meaning:Kano is go, I understand hausa plenty plenty)....

Thank you for the experience

**Note: The experience might vary based on your location but it's 70% thesame**

guy see as yhu destroy our language undecided
It mai kyau...not mykau...and also ina jin Hausa fala fala.....chai undecided
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FriendNG: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2019
bumzydaprince:

House prices varies though, am staying in dutse and the most expensive houses here are mostly owned by one alahaji,and its for 65k(self con) and its tiled,u can also get for 45k from other land lord,most ain't tiled though, some has water rushing in the compound while some don't..in brinikudu u can get a house of 35k,in hadejia u can also get of 35k too

35k, 45k are prices of a single room in Dutse not house.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Mummyimbecile(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2019
dunsin125:
Who knows when Batch c guys would be going
batch C stream1 is by october,while stream2 is by November
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by mrsuccessful(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
Sharming95:
guy see as yhu destroy our language undecided
It mai kyau...not mykau...and also ina jin Hausa fala fala.....chai undecided

Sorry i don't know how to spell in Hausa
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by namiji2598: 1:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheExecutioner:

But I'm sure that in Uruk Uso the people never tried to kill you because you accidentally walked in front of them while they were praying.

I'm also sure that you were never attacked by herdsmen armed robbers who were wearing army uniforms.

Whether you admit it or not, Northerners are the most backward and underdeveloped people on this planet.

The only hope I have is that one day you guys go your own way and form your own country.

maybe u dnt knw the uruk Uso village Sha, I have never seen a village like that in my entire life sir, I did the presiding officer of that village at the election 2019, they almost kill me at the process, as most of our Corp members were been hunted WTH Cutlass and other things, Nigeria itself is an uncivilized country, I have been to so many places in the north, kaduna, kano, gombe among others but that uruk Uso village is the backwards village I have ever seen in my life

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Leauwizzy: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
Iolo:

How’s the place now? Are you teaching?
Yes ..
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Joecristiano7(m): 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
sad sad
sammyuche:
How much did u pay the mod to push this to fp
please learn to appreciate sumfin good when u see it...
My two cents tho

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Chinachriss(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

I go try finish am #smiles#
You will be mobilised bro. I'm a prospective core member too from Isiala Mbano. I am from Ogbor, Ugiri. Where are you from in Isiala Mbano?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Ajayimichael(m): 5:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Op, you really tried as you brought back the good times I had in Jigawa
I served in Jigawa 2016 batch A, in Kaugama under Hadejia , it is such a nice place. There we lost a corper then who died along Hadejia road.
My good friend Olayiwola Akeem batch B 2016
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by lastmessenger: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

What have I said exactly. The aim of this thread is to encourage PCMs to serve in Northern Nigeria and I'm not done with the article. You are right, the people are really the most friendly set of individuals I have ever seen. Judge me when I'm done with the piece.
I didn't create the thread to just bash the North, every part of the country has its own share of problems. Thus, the need to lay it all bare.
Thank God you came back alive. If you are there and there is religious crisis, its rest in peace we would be typing. Those guys are not good people. How can people who kill for the slightest provocation be called good.

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Curry30: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2019
ransome001:
I need urgent help right now.. I am PCM going for service next week Tuesday... I have mobilised.my DOB on my green card changed last night from original DOB of Nov 9th 1990 to my Incorrect WAEC DOB Dec 5th 1989 that is on my WAEC. During my 1st June registration my green card shower my correct DOB but now it has changed to my WAEC DOB which is not my real DOB. I have tried changing it at the provision made by NYSC for correction of DOB but an still seeing the incorrect date of birth... Please what do I do

NO ISSUES BRO. GO TO CAMP, YOU'LL RECTIFY IT THERE. GOODLUCK
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Pataricatering(f): 7:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
Seems you don't know having sex with secondary school girls is rape Abi ? It's so sad when your brain controls your dyck and you make senseless decisions thinking you have sense! When they are talking about rapists, idiots like you will be shouting " not all men "
Naijaguy12345:
NYSC experience without no mention of sex, we are kind of disappointed in you op . You’ve got to fuuuck as much as possible during NYSC.

I was in jss3 when my brother share his experience with me. He served in a village in calabar. There was a story of copers night where sex flows, there was a story of him fuckinggg a community leader woman then her 2 daughters needed help with mathematics and he hammered them, then another story of a girl who was cheating on a boyfriend, shocking end to the story she sneaked out on her wedding night to fuuuck ma brother ! Got my own story but not near my brothers own .

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by dunsin125: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mummyimbecile:
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by TheExecutioner: 8:15pm On Jun 14, 2019
This must be the height of irony.

Imagine an Almajiri street beggar whose people killed over 100 youth corp members during the aftermath of the 2011 general elections, coming here to display his intellectual emptiness.

Electoral violence, Boko Haram, FULANI herdsmen, bandits, illiteracy, street beggars and abject poverty is all that abo-kis are capable of producing.

I just hope and pray that you guys get your own country one day and a very long international border separates us completely.

namiji2598:
maybe u dnt knw the uruk Uso village Sha, I have never seen a village like that in my entire life sir, I did the presiding officer of that village at the election 2019, they almost kill me at the process, as most of our Corp members were been hunted WTH Cutlass and other things, Nigeria itself is an uncivilized country, I have been to so many places in the north, kaduna, kano, gombe among others but that uruk Uso village is the backwards village I have ever seen in my life

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 8:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
lastmessenger:
Thank God you came back alive. If you are there and there is religious crisis, its rest in peace we would be typing. Those guys are not good people. How can people who kill for the slightest provocation be called good.

I'm still serving. There are good people everywhere in the world. We shouldn't be quick to generalize.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
mrsuccessful:

Sorry bro i'm about to hijack your thread..

**me i served in Kano Dawakin Tofa a local village settlement... For those concerned with se.x u better stick to your fellow corpers for your own good...**

**Major Differences I Noticed **

1. Language barrier (You f*cking have to learn Hausa) you just have to fellaz! on the flip side it's an add, yea! I can speak Hausa)

2. They treat women different:
A woman cannot sit in between two guys, same as men,

A female does not make any physical contact with a male not even a hand shake,

Women are not allowed to pray together with men, they go to mosque (masallahchi) on Sundays and a special school called Islamiya

Throughout my stay I never saw a woman sitting in the front passenger sit of a PUBLIC vehicle

3. There's a funny relationship with animals:

locals own cats and cats are not afraid of people but down here in the south na to shout witch!! And chase them but Here cats just go around their normal business, thesame with other animals...

Here we have carmels and horses it's a serene habitation here..

Animals no dey fear, like you'll be eating then rams and goats will start crowding see mind..

I can also walk through the mist of 200 cows without any fear but for South if we see just one cow dey pass na to clear road o! We no wan hear say! One thing happen

4. They have mosque like inside every bank, filling station even inside Shoprite (Ado Bayero mall) they don't joke with prayers. A cahier will just stop counting your money that he's going to pray... Make I hear say igbo man stop to count money for waytin na?

5. Things are super cheap especially transportation you can use 15naira for Transport my people 15 NAIRA... food stuff is cheap too, we had to throwaway tomatoes and onion, it was too much

6. A guy is not allowed to enter a house if they are females also living in the house is called Ba a shiga but female corpers are free to go in....urna see cheating

Plenty numerous to mention like also loading people in the boots of cars and buses, bicycle is a popular means of transportation (early mornings is like China everybody on byke)

IT WAS FUN!!....

KANO mykau!! Inna je Hausa pala pala (meaning:Kano is go, I understand hausa plenty plenty)....

Thank you for the experience

**Note: The experience might vary based on your location but it's 70% thesame**

You couldn't have captured it any better. You didn't hijack the thread. Thanks for your input bro.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by namiji2598: 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2019
TheExecutioner:

But I'm sure that in Uruk Uso the people never tried to kill you because you accidentally walked in front of them while they were praying.

I'm also sure that you were never attacked by herdsmen armed robbers who were wearing army uniforms.

Whether you admit it or not, Northerners are the most backward and underdeveloped people on this planet.

The only hope I have is that one day you guys go your own way and form your own country.

never generalized sir, jus because people from the north formed their self and their self Boko Haram, or fulani herdsmen doesn't mean the whole northern Nigerian to deserve any punishment, is jus like asking the Europeans to wipe Nigeria entirely with newclear weapons jus because some few Nigerian youth are Yahoo boys and are scamming them
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by lastmessenger: 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
Etimocracy:

I'm still serving. There are good people everywhere in the world. We shouldn't be quick to generalize.
stay safe. May the lord keep you safe.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by dunsin125: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2019
Mummyimbecile:
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Elrad: 1:32am On Jun 15, 2019
Mehnn I have been following this thread not knowing I will be posted to jigawa, this is funny right now...
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:31am On Jun 15, 2019
Who then is this imbeci1e talking trash ? Did you see underage sex anywhere in the post ? Very stup1d fuuuck .
Pataricatering:
Seems you don't know having sex with secondary school girls is rape Abi ? It's so sad when your brain controls your dyck and you make senseless decisions thinking you have sense! When they are talking about rapists, idiots like you will be shouting " not all men "
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by FREDDi(m): 6:28am On Jun 15, 2019
Elrad:
Mehnn I have been following this thread not knowing I will be posted to jigawa, this is funny right now...
welcome to JG town, camp is soft and one of the best in the country!
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by j64real(m): 8:12am On Jun 15, 2019
Hello Etimocracy, I salute your courage to pen this down. But, I want to know if the state government pays allawee? Thanks
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 8:17am On Jun 15, 2019
j64real:
Hello Etimocracy, I salute your courage to pen this down. But, I want to know if the state government pays allawee? Thanks

Yep, the state pays 5000 each month. But here's the catch, u get paid every two months (I.e 9895)

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by Etimocracy(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2019
The month of February 2019 was an election month. I braced up for the challenge and got ready to carry out my work as the A.P.O (V.P) (Assistant Presiding Officer) of Kafin-Gana polling unit under Kantoga ward. The role could be likened to a P.O because I was in charge of the voting point. Both elections were a success (Presidential and Gubernatorial elections) under my supervision. I garnered quite a lot of experience, all thanks to Jigawa state's INEC and LGI (Local Government Inspector) who took it upon himself to impart in us the rudiments of the electioneering process. One thing struck me. These guys voted as though their lives depended on it. Was I impressed, oh yes I was. Some people would rather stay back at home than vote where I come from with the mindset that whoever will win will certainly win.
Prior to the elections, we were assured that Jigawa is a peaceful state. The elections in the state recorded no electoral casualty. This has further endeared me to the state.
Inasmuch as the elections were peaceful in my polling unit; something spectacular happened. Just when I thought I had seen it all, another scenario showcased itself albeit in a humorous fashion in the gubernatorial election. A woman who came to exercise her franchise suddenly gave a condition to the PDP agents which had to be met before she could vote for them. You might wonder, what could this condition be? Well, she asked them to give her a whooping sum of #150 before she could cast her vote in favour of the PDP. I kept hearing "Naira dari de hamsin" which implies #150. As the P.O of my voting point, I decided to intervene and find out what went wrong as party agents surrounded the said woman. I honestly wanted to roll on the floor after one of the party agents told me what was really happening. I just couldn't stop laughing. It was quite hilarious.
On a more serious note, its quite sad seeing people living in deplorable conditions in several parts of the country (not excluding the south). The crux of the whole matter is that rural communities in Nigeria are neglected by the government.
This has been my experience so far in Jigawa and it has been nothing short of spectacular. If anything else pops up, I'll be sure to update the thread. As a PCM, you strongly ought to make up your mind to stay in Jigawa if eventually NYSC decides to send you here. I give the state thumbs up when it comes to being peaceful. Social vices are close to zero. We've got lovely and accommodating people over here. The weather is harsh and sometimes unpredictable but that shouldn't be a problem because you'll adapt anyway. Moreover, you should on your own part respect their customs and traditions and you'll have no issues whatsoever. Need I add that the respect for Corp Members in this state is massive. Once, I had an altercation with a public bus driver at Onitsha when I was going home for my two weeks post camp break. The man dropped a bombshell on me. He told me right to my face that my NYSC cap ( I was wearing my NYSC cap at the time) was crap. Well, I wouldn't blame the driver. Over here, you are respected.
In summary therefore,Jigawa state is an ideal state to serve. Thanks to anyone who's contributed in one way or another to the thread. I do appreciate.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by compton11(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lastorator:

Ikpa dey your lane,no come dey do this thing,this thing... O quote u before i talk weytin i talk ? Why u want may devil use you this evening... I tell u say i from south,u sef gats know say from my side when you price you pay... Just talk your own comot, no waka around dey cap sentiment,may sumtyn no block your way.
Ku unam mkpor nte ndisimmeh ke ado
I don't understand all what u wrote?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. by bumzydaprince: 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
FriendNG:

35k, 45k are prices of a single room in Dutse not house.

Sorry sir,by house I meant self con...65k,35k,45k...thanks ,am staying in a 65k own though, and I have got a friend staying in a 45k own,in takur adua ..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Corper Wraps Pounded Yam With His Khaki In Jos, Plateau State / Corper Omaka Samuel Dike Executes 5 Community Projects Within 5 Months / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.