Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja (6575 Views)

Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups / INEC Knew Of Audu’s Death Before Announcing Results / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by netotse(m): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2010
@beaf
that video i shot of GEJ's convoy? i was standing by the fence of the ministry of justice building.

i agree with xterra GEJ wasn't anywhere near that place, there are at least 3 traffic lights between that place and eagle square
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Nobody: 2:10am On Oct 02, 2010
keep making denials

let me point out that this is simply an escalation of what mend has done in the past

we don't need any hypocritical hand wringing and denials from those who cheered and egged mend on when they engaged in destrution of the environment (what do you think happens when you bomb a a pipeline)

incarceration of innocents (oil workers)

and previous murders (the warri conference)

it is now coming home that the celbrated mend is a monster, and those who hailed them as heroes are issuing denials

mend could have EASILY disrupted the celebrations without loss of life. they could have placed tear gas bombs, they could have bombed a section of the road . most nigerians saw nothing to celebrate either.

but what does one expect from a band of bloodthirsty rogues with clear NO IDEOLOGY.

we are told MEND was created to address the injustices suffered by the ND. an ND man is in the saddle now.

so what exactly are they agitating for this time?

does MEND stand for anything?

or should we believe what so many people are saying,

that in the end it is just a badly knit coalition of groups each with their own personal agenda and no clearly efined goals for the betterment of the ND?

the last time we got the same excuse - we warned ahead of time

so bloody what?

as i posted somewhere else, their warning is akin to robber/kidnappers in aba giving notice, nothing more
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by netotse(m): 2:16am On Oct 02, 2010
personally, i think anything short of public executions is too little
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 02, 2010
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-413920.0.html

Why we struck, by MEND
Mar 16, 2010

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, MEND, yesterday, claimed responsibility for the explosion that rocked the venue of Vanguard’s Post-Amnesty conference, saying it was to let the world know of its continued relevance in the region.

The group, in an online statement issued by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo, said “After receiving the baton of ignorance from his Bayelsa State counterpart, the governor of Delta State declared in the Vanguard newspaper of February 22, 2010 that ‘MEND is a media creation.’

Attack to announce continued presence

“This assertion, coming from the same person who claimed publicly that an oil pipeline can be destroyed by one man armed with a bottle of petrol, is hardly surprising. What is surprising is how he managed to obtain a science degree.

“Thinking of no better way to announce our continued presence in the Niger Delta to Mr. Uduaghan, operatives of MEND today, March 15, 2010, successfully breached the security at the Delta State Government House in Warri and planted three explosive devices in and around this compound which is the venue of the Vanguard’s Post-Amnesty Dialogue organised by the Vanguard newspapers.

“These devices will be detonated remotely.

Warn participants

“In our usual effort to prevent the loss of innocent lives, MEND advises the immediate evacuation of the Government House Annex, Warri, and its immediate surroundings up to the Delta State Brodcasting Corporation.

“The time given for this evacuation before the detonation of the first bomb is 30 minutes which will elapse by 1130 hrs Nigerian time. The primary school bordering the Government House Annex should be evacuated immediately!

“The first bomb will be detonated at exactly 1130 hrs. We will thereafter advise on the other devices planted within and around the venue of the Vanguard Newspapers-organised and Delta State-sponsored conference. Organisers and participants at this jamboree will ignore this warning at their peril !!!

Claim oil firms stole N-Delta land

“People must not remain in their cars and attempt to drive their cars and maintain safe distance from all cars and the area!

“The deceit of endless dialogue and conferences will no longer be tolerated. The lands of the people of the Niger Delta was stolen by the oil companies and Northern Nigeria with the stroke of a pen.

“The Vanguard-organised and Delta State-sponsored conference is one of such tools of deception. The Niger Delta has been partitioned into oil blocs which have been distributed among mostly Northerners while indegenes of the Niger Delta can barely survive. One such example being General T.Y. Danjuma.

“It is common knowlede that no southerner can lay claim to an inch of land in the North, so, why should we continue to talk as the occupation of our land and theft of our reources by the oil companies and Northern Nigeria persists?

Have issues with govs

“The governors of the Niger Delta are shameless and visionless stooges who are more concerned with looting their state treasuries and seeking a second term in office, even against the wishes of their people.

“MEND will attack any such gatherings designed to propagate more falsehood. Members of the public are hereby warned to avoid such gatherings as they may not be fortunate to have a warning before detonation.

Threaten oil firms

“In the coming days, we will carry out attacks against installations and oil companies across the Niger Delta and will spread out to companies such as Total which have been spared in the past. We hope the actions which will follow will persuade Mr. Uduaghan that we exist outside of cyberspace,” MEND added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/16/why-we-struck-by-mend/

so why did they strike this time?
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by naijaking1: 2:45am On Oct 02, 2010
Explosive forensics would easily trace the molecular finger-prints of the nitro-compounds used for these bombs if the goverment really wants to know whether the explosives came from its arsenal, MENDS, or a possible combination of the two.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 02, 2010
naijaking1:

Explosive forensics would easily trace the molecular finger-prints of the nitro-compounds used for these bombs if the goverment really wants to know whether the explosives came from its arsenal, MENDS, or a possible combination of the two.

go easy on the CSI - na naija we dey o
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2010
MEND is probablybroke and rather than ask for money nicely they decided to use abegro style.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by monkeyleg: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2010
@Beaf,

you really under estimate the true state of Nigeria. Nigeria is not secure, pure and simple. I have no theory on who would have been responsible, but I can assure you that things can happen in that country and no one can prevent it, your uncle does not have a firm grip on the country. Look at what heppend in Jos, far worse than what happened in Abj. Everyone knew about it for days, were the authorities able to prevent it.

What about the constant kidnapping, which has been prevailant in the ND far before it became a novelty in th east, what did anyone do about it. What about the constant threat of armed robbery. The country is just far too porous, so let us stop pointing accusing fingers until we get our act together, and I am afrain your uncle in not the person to lead us out of this mess.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Kx: 8:42am On Oct 02, 2010
naijaking1:

24,CSI miami etc.
Explosive forensic what? in naija?
They will rather scoop the place for naira and kobo.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by naijaking1: 9:25am On Oct 02, 2010
Kx:

24,CSI miami etc.
Explosive forensic what? in naija?
They will rather scoop the place for naira and kobo.

If criminal learn to use explosives, Nigerian law enforcement agencies should also learn how to identify these compounds down to the molecular level. It's called effective crime fighting shocked
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by anyason: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2010
This is a national shame. Whether it was perpetrated by MEND or anti Jonathan elements, there is need to streghten the security apparatus of this nation, if not, people will start stealing meat from President's soup in Aso Rock soon.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by hackney(m): 12:33pm On Oct 02, 2010
Let them not kill GEJ and blame it on MEND oooo! ! !
Demons are roaming in their abode called nigeria.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by CarlosVent(m): 1:11pm On Oct 02, 2010
i tell u all this are politically masterminded. good luck really knows what he is planning. he wants to settle down well before he can give all pressing groups their right. its not today that they have said they will bomb nigeria but they waited and m,ost of them are NAIJA DELTA luck shined and their man is there.

so they are pressing with every force to get their right and enjoy what the House members are enjoying even though most of their families are thrown out of their house because oil was discovered on their land without giving them any settlement.

if ibb should with the election and suppress them then be sure for another was dis time it will be ARMAGEDDON WAR. that will not happen cos i know ibb cant win. goodluck has brains and knows how he handles things. he really wants them to press and do things like this (but not on this day) so their cries can be heard.

pls watch out for attacks on this old politicians cos i think what happened in ghana might take effect here.

Thanks every one.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by deols(f): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2010
smiley
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by labiyemmy(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2010
Even America knew about plans to bomb America pre September 11- why couldnt they prevent it, with all their techno and stuff?

Some people just talk for talking sake - just because it is Nigeria.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by labiyemmy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2010
hackney:

Let them not kill GEJ and blame it on MEND oooo! ! !
Demons are roaming in their abode called nigeria.

From the same guy who calls Africans monkey on another thread? What is he doing here?

See what he said earlier on another thread!

By african standards they are safe! !
what are you all talking about? ?

lets concentrate on the gullys you call roads here before you complain about small
flaws in a german car.
what an insult from monkeys.

They have owned up that there is a slight issue with the brakes and ppl are taking it too far as if
there is anything like standards in africa.

im annoyed with that rubbish continent in general.
Literally they get nothing right for centuries.
monkeys.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by swinglen: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2010
men forget Okah Henry, Goodluck's Opposition must have done something,
then to make mockery of the younger generation, the south south and the anti zoning forces,
we should be wiser than them
Mend cant do such
they are been used
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by octus2008(m): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2010
Boko haram na im bomb the place sposored by who else grin
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by HamidO1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 02, 2010
octus2008:

Boko haram na im bomb the place sposored by who else grin
Trust me if Boko haram have access to bombs, they won't bother coming to Abuja. They'll stick to their national headquaters which we all know is Bauchi
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by HamidO1(m): 9:17pm On Oct 02, 2010
Could this be the outcome of the meetings IBB, Atiku and Saraki have been holding in the past few weeks claiming they want to produce one nothern candidate? Remember Saraki travelled to Minna few weeks ago to meet IBB and Atiku also claimed they were in talks to produce one candidate.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by mohid(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2010
I remember a fella who used bombs and explosions to get rid of perceived threats. I know of a former Newswatch editor at breakfast and a group of brilliant colonels supposed to be going for a hurriedly put together course at Jaji.i aint calling names just reminiscing, Wait a minute, isn’t that dude running for president?
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by ugoani(m): 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2010
Whichever way it may seem, its obvious this is an attempt to discredit our dear GEJ, but the better truth is that no human can stop the moving hand of Almaighty GOD at work in this man.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Kilode1: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
Some of us asked that curious question Yesterday about the possible involvement of some fifth columnists in all these, considering how ludicrous it will be for MEND to do this and risk losing their ND support ( not saying all terrorists are reasonable).

I was especially waiting for Okah or some top MEND figure with a real face to confirm or deny their involvement. Now that Okah has claimed ignorance. This opens up several other possibilities. . .
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by xterra2(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hamid O:

Could this be the outcome of the meetings IBB, Atiku and Saraki have been holding in the past few weeks claiming they want to produce one nothern candidate? Remember Saraki travelled to Minna few weeks ago to meet IBB and Atiku also claimed they were in talks to produce one candidate.
NO!

DOnt start Hate here
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by manugbo(m): 7:40am On Oct 03, 2010
that bombing attack is political, they are just trying to stop jonathan. the bombing was not done by mend
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by manugbo(m): 7:43am On Oct 03, 2010
MEND ATTACK NO DEY PASS NIGER-DELTA, ABIA AND OTHER ESTERN REGION.

GUYS,

I BEG MAKE UNA OPEN UNA EYES OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THE BOMB ATTACK COULD HAVE RESULTED FRM THE NORTHERN ZONING ISSUES! shocked
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by manugbo(m): 7:46am On Oct 03, 2010
THE NORTHERNERS SHOULD GIVE OTHER ETHNIC GROUP THE CHANCE TO RULE THIS COUNTRY SMALL I BEG. MAKE WE SEE HW I GO BE
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by truly: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2010
manugbo:

MEND ATTACK NO DEY PASS NIGER-DELTA, ABIA AND OTHER ESTERN REGION.

GUYS,

I BEG MAKE UNA OPEN UNA EYES OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THE BOMB ATTACK COULD HAVE RESULTED FRM THE NORTHERN ZONING ISSUES! shocked
So Atlas Cove that MEND bombed on the same day Henry Okah was released is now aprt of ND and East
I am opening my eyes as you advised

MEND has threatened to bomb Abuja in the past

Lies are being invented

MEND only attack oil installations
what about the attack on a summit in Warri?

It does not make sense for MEND to warn people before a bomb blast
They warned that the first bomb in Warri would go off at 11.30am

This matter is political - we need to open our eyes
The entire agenda of MEND (resource control, true federalism etc) is political
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by truly: 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2010
manugbo:

THE NORTHERNERS SHOULD GIVE OTHER ETHNIC GROUP THE CHANCE TO RULE THIS COUNTRY SMALL I BEG. MAKE WE SEE HW I GO BE
We should post with the fear of God
MEND admits responsibility and we keep saying it is the northerners - where are the facts?
Facts - MEND has the capability to and has bombed installations
MEND has used synchronised car bomb preceded by warning
MEND's known spokesperson warned before, and claimed responsibility after, the attack

We insist on ignoring these and embark on conjectures
GJ says he knows the perpetrators - let him bring them to justice

As for letting others rule
SW ruled for 8 years already - the North allowed a healthy and active man to hold power for 8years
SW man handed over to a northerner deliberately selected for his inability to last the distance
If the northerners had any fears about zoning, we are fueling it now

BTW - we have corrupt and poor leaders in the South too - Obj and OGD, Ibori and Lucky Igbinedion, Chimaroke Nnamani and Mbadinuju etc
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by mbulela: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2010
I thought MEND was fighting for the rights of the ND?
Why are they complaining now?
bomb them all.
fire burn all the barbarians.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by Osama10(m): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2010
What a twist in the whole saga.
Re: Henry Okah Shocked - Nigerian Officials Knew Of Plan To Bomb Abuja by KokoBeware: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2010
I don't get why some of you think its not MEND.

Only mr gbomo has access to the email address he normally uses to send emails.

Today's event is exactly like a copy of what happened in delta state which MEND claimed.

MEND has so far claimed responsibility like they always do.

And if it was not MEND, they would have issued a statement since denying it.

Ehoi, it could be anybody who sent that mail, you can send an email with any adress u cn think of, just google it there are so many free apps that cant do this. whats ur email adress, i can send NEXT and email with ur adress

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fight At APC Convention Wounds 70, As Buhari & Atiku Supporters Clash (Photos) / Results From Gombe. Who Did This To Jonathan? / Channels Television Commits Blunder : Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.