Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu (46507 Views)

I Might Not Have Won But It Will Go Down In History That I Contested Against / 'How I Contested Against Those In Abuja Who Feel They Own Nigeria' – Gov Fintiri / Elisha Abbo:apc,senate Under Fire For Not Taking Action Against Omo-agege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by BABSSSOO(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2019
always want to be deputy.....no ambition at all.... my opinion
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by owila4luv(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:
you cannot win because your region is not relevant in nigeria politics
you are a big fool
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by HeyCorleone(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
olajide8:

A man has used the head of his fellow colleagues, from his region to occupy the seat of DSP for 16 years -from the 5th assembly to the 8th and they say they are smart? They would just be disturbing the peace of our Isreal - An opposition party got into the seat of the DSP by cutting a deal with a desperate senator to become president and DSP during the 8th assembly - and they had the temerity to suspend another senator (omo-agege) because he spoke out during plenary, if it were his party that occupied the president of the Senate and deputy S.P, then it would make sense- but an opposition DSP - if not for decorum I go do pass omo-agege, I go carry thugs them go break the DSP head before them run with maze, na lokoja them go find that maze

This is an eyesore, in every sense of the word.

Why justify a wrong? Can such inanity happen in a country where sanity reigns supreme? The reasons you gave doesn't justify Omo-Agege's actions. Nothing does. So a member of the opposition got the position of DSP by cutting a deal with a desperate senator of the ruling party - so that justifies someone bringing in thugs to steal a made.

Lol. See the way you reason.
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Sterope(f): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2019
How has your relevance affected your personal life?
richmind2019:
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by richmind2019(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
owila4luv:
you are a big fool
your generation is a fool
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by daygee12: 6:21pm On Jun 11, 2019
noblealuu:
Igbos should keep keeping on in the pursuit of self-fulfilment. Positions of political relevance does not necessarily translate into regional development.
Even their region no develop
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by olajide8(m): 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2019
HeyCorleone:

This is an eyesore, in every sense of the word.

Why justify a wrong? Can such inanity happen in a country where sanity reigns supreme? The reasons you gave doesn't justify Omo-Agege's actions. Nothing does. So a member of the opposition got the position of DSP by cutting a deal with a desperate senator of the ruling party - so that justifies someone bringing in thugs to steal a made.

Lol. See the way you reason.

Yes that my opinion and I am responsible for it, and have the right over it- in a sane society that you mentioned would an ekweremadu have put himself forward in the first place knowing his party was in opposition? and had lesser representation? The Nass was in turmoil for 4yrs because of this singular act, and nothing worked between the executive and Nass because of this act

2 Likes

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by oruma19: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
Limitednow:

Read More: https://politicstimesng.com/i-contested-to-protest-mace-theft-ekweremadu-says-after-losing-deputy-senate-presidency/
i liked ekweremadu until today that he made that useless, stupid and greedy moves. U are now very unpopular amongst the Niger delta people. I can bet that in future endeavors, ekweremadu will never get the support of the people of Nigeria delta and it may even affect other politicians from the east. Senseless greedy man who displayed his igbotic nature in the 11th hour.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by owila4luv(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:
your generation is a fool
if not for stupidity what good has dis rubbish govt done in the last four years than fake fighting corruption, inflation, devaluation of naira, bringing untold hardship to the electorates, etc. #bunchoffailures
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ekweremadu contested and defeated to zeal his political retirement like David Mark in 8th assembly. What a shame.

1 Like

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Yopcity: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:

So all the while he won his région was important ? Olodo !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by observanc1: 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
yerokunphilips:
Protest invasion of the house or protest the incoming harassment you think you will suffer if you are not holding any political post to protect yourself . I won't be shocked if this guy defect to APC as a way of escape of the impending EFCC trouble .
does Deputy Senate President have immunity?
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by EagleSquare1(m): 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ekweremadu’s decision to contest and his eventual defeat was simply a failed coup. Period! He cannot tell us that he was aiming to advance democracy or its processes. He thought he stood the chance of once again clinching that seat, thereby promoting the notion that he is the master of the game. Sadly, Humpty Dumpty couldn’t have had a greater fall.

Senator Ekweremadu should have in principle long before today condemned and rejected the nomination of Sen. Omo-Agege. Why express your rejection simply by deceptively choosing to run against him for the seat of Deputy Senate President? Perhaps hoping to have another chance.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by SageTravels: 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2019
noblealuu:
Igbos should keep keeping on in the pursuit of self-fulfilment. Positions of political relevance does not necessarily translate into regional development.

I will save this. God Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Ugosample(m): 6:43pm On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:

the south east is not relevant?

This is stupid talk undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by 2eggs1goal: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
Story story

For 12 solid years as DSP. You wan turn Am to life seat..

What did u achieve
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by bluefilm: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
dadavivo:
And here are the people who have been relevant in Nigeria politics.

And also I heard Katsina is now like Qatar since Buhari became president.

I went to kwara state last week, I couldn't believe my eyes. Ilorin is now like Dubai since Saraki became senate President

I was in Lagos last month, unbelievable!! NEPA doesn'tn take light again since Osibanjo became VP.

but he defeated all afonjas last 4 years to become DSP. Is not easy as a PDP to clinch that position.

Surprisingly afonjas you guys were quiet all along why the chest beating now?

My friend will you wake up from that nonsense dream right now!?

For your information NEPA has ceased to exist for more than 10 years now, so where exactly did you go to last month?

By the way, I hope you made a short stop at Àba, the heartland of biafra in your imaginary journey?

I heard the whole place is now sparkling clean and neater than the White House?

Onye iberibe.

Hatred will surely consume you.

Onukwu.

1 Like

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by KINGwax007(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2019
dadavivo:
but he defeated all afonjas last 4 years to become DSP. Is not easy as a PDP to clinch that position.

Surprisingly afonjas you guys were quiet all along why the chest beating now?
your brain dey leak. Na only his party members dey there that time so it's a sure win. The reason we no talk that time na because we no dey fight lost battle. Now wey we fit wield the hilt of the sword, we don strike. Any more talk?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Ugosample(m): 6:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
mirinda01:
I smell pride.
You think you can contest anytime and still win.
Now the top 5 position in the country and No igbo man represented.
it does not matter
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by jellington: 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2019
God has disgraced all those that wanted Buhari dead.

1 Like

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by HeyCorleone(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
olajide8:

Yes that my opinion and I am responsible for it, and have the right over it- in a sane society that you mentioned would an ekweremadu have put himself forward in the first place knowing his party was in opposition? and had lesser representation? The Nass was in turmoil for 4yrs because of this singular act, and nothing worked between the executive and Nass because of this act

Can't understand your point.

The last NASS achieved a lot. That Saraki and Dogara refused to be rubber stamps doesn't translate to "nothing worked between executive and Nass".
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Obiwank: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
This loss and also the failure to win speaker of the lower house is great news for discerning Igbos. Unfortunately majority of our people cannot comprehend and play the long game. Sad!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Ugosample(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2019
bluefilm:

My friend will you wake up from that nonsense dream right now!?

For your information NEPA has ceased to exist for more than 10 years now, so where exactly did you go to last month?

By the way, I hope you made a short stop at Àba, the heartland of biafra in your imaginary journey?

I heard the whole place is now sparkling clean and neater than the White House?

Onye iberibe.

Hatred will surely consume you.

Onukwu.

The entire country don spoil
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by olajide8(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Can't understand your point.

The last NASS achieved a lot. That Saraki and Dogara refused to be rubber stamps doesn't translate to "nothing worked between executive and Nass".

Your opinion - and I don't honestly understand what your definition of rubber stamp is - a govt proposes a budget to complete existing projects, and a so called Nass - takes up the budget and pads it while increasing funds to some unnecessary agencies and removing funds from necessary projects, because for them mind- they should be working autonomously they should also make sure they carry their autonomousness and generate money to work autonomously instead of going back to the executives budget- so they are independent and not a rubber stamp assembly- they would continue to deceive you rubber stamp normal nigerian bandwagon effect -when we celebrate mediocrity, we actually see issues that don't make sense and celebrate them as if they make sense - all the problems nigeria has been having is as a result of a mediocre arm of a govt thatt cannot help fashion laws that are beneficial to the existence of nigeria - eg we have over 1,500 agencies and parastals which are a conduit on the govt finance but in your opinion passing laws to establish more agencies to duplicate the functions of the existing ones, is work instead of pruning them down - salute

A so called legislature that would not pass one bill to decentralized power -light or the police, but they passed 200 bills which have no relation to people or instituting processes to fight graft and corruption
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by drskyfly007(m): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
mirinda01:
I smell pride.
You think you can contest anytime and still win.
Now the top 5 position in the country and No igbo man represented.
who position help

Ekweremadu has been there for long and how has it affected his region....(my region)

A northerner is the president and yet the north have lost the highest number of human lives..

All these my tribe is the number 1 position , my tribe is number 3 position etc is rubbish...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by vikstandon(m): 7:49pm On Jun 11, 2019
IKE did well...losing election doesn't mean failure.

He did a test of popularity and polled 40 votes... That's
not the figure for Hall of Shame.

Head to Head Count: 40:67

Analysis: If there was a level play ground... IKE EKWEREMADU could have won.

That notwithstanding... Congrats to OVIE OMO-AGEGE!

Let's keep Nigeria rolling...The Younger generation!
Politics is not played the way we look at it... As much as we come from a Party...Party has but a little role to play in the hallowed chamber if we want to get things right in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Lucasiano99(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
The apc just revealed there immorality and their opinions to rule of law, i haven't seen any reason why the party will endorse omo-agege, someone who invaded the red chamber with thugs and took away the mace. Now that they've obtained the principal positions, i want to see how the NEXT LEVEL will be.
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by Silver9: 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
richmind2019:

richmind2019:
when will u resist this ur spirit of tribalism...stop the hate ONE NIGERIA

The sheer inconsistency of your values narrows it all down to the fabric of your root --- a despicable two-faced idiot with the loyalty of a 2 dollar prostitute.

richmind2019:
i wish i could stop betting,well only god can help

Here, a ray of light reflected a glimpse of your life. A typical tribal bigot trapped at the last rung of human societal and economic strata.
grin grin grin
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by omoiyalayi(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2019
sotall:
The invasion of the eight senate by thug Omo-agege is an APC script at removing Saraki that failed woefully.

Ever since that shame of invasion , no one has been arrested nor prosecuted by the corrupt APC govt of change.
Instead, the thug is being rewarded with DSP.

Shame to Nigeria. Very useless country

Pele
Re: Why I Contested Against Omo-agege At The Eleventh Hour - Ekweremadu by bluefilm: 8:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Ugosample:

The entire country don spoil

Exactly my point!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful State Capital In Nigeria / Patience Jonathan's 57th Birthday Party (Photos And Video) / The Unofficial Results Of The Annulled June 12 1993 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.