Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,032 members, 7,821,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola (36716 Views)

JUST-IN: Buhari Renames Airports After Awolowo, Okadigbo, Danfodio, Others / Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November / Sunday Dare Relocates To MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by BluntBoy(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2019
lexy2014:

What is d physical something that has 2b given in order to appreciate someone?

Once again, ur analogy is way off. If we assume Mr. C is buhari, at what time in d history of nigeria did he "probe" d 1993 elections? Can u pls enlighten us on when that happened? If we also assume Mr. B is Abiola, according 2u he was "robbed" & u say his mandate was "stolen".

If u were robbed and ur car stolen & then u go 2d police 2 make a report, u will expect d police to investigate ur complaint. U will also expect that ur car b recovered and returned 2u& d culprits caught& prosecuted. Even if both can't b done, u expect at least one of d above 2b done so u will have a sense of justice. With this in mind, how has buhari "righted d wrong"? If d police just acknowledge that u were robbed& that ur car was stolen, does that amount to "righting d wrong"? In d case of Abiola who was robbed& his mandate stolen, what was returned 2 him& who was punished for robbing him?

I didn't tell u that Abiolas mandate can replace buharis mandate. Earlier u said that "they should "devise' an act 4d purpose of actualising June 12". That was ur suggestion not mine and buhari had enough time 2 push for this long b4 d elections since it was him who brought up d issue of June 12 last year.

U keep saying buhari righted d wrong by making June 12 a public holiday but d question u have refused 2 answer is did Abiola die, loose his wife, businesses & access to his kids just because of a public holiday? Y did Abiola die?

Also, has buhari righted d wrong he did in 1983 that he now wants 2 right d wrong that was done by IBB in 1993?

If my car is stolen, I expect it to be recovered, but not from someone who was not the one who stole it. If my car is never recovered, but given enough publicity and search, I cannot ask the police boss to give me his own car as replacement.

Buhari did not steal MKO's mandate.

Analogy is not to be taken literally. If you can't get the essense of an analogy, then it is not my fault. The essence of that analogy is that power is not static. It happens in a continuum. Mr C has a legitimate power just as Mr B got before he was robbed. Mr C was not the one that robbed Mr B of his power. However, Mr C rights a wrong by acknowledging officially that Mr B was robbed and so he makes the election that Mr B won the real election marking a transition into democracy.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by lexy2014: 9:38am On Jun 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

If my car is stolen, I expect it to be recovered, but not from someone who was not the one who stole it. If my car is never recovered, but given enough publicity and search, I cannot ask the police boss to give me his own car as replacement.

Analogy is not to be taken literally. If you can't get the essense of an analogy, then it is not my fault. The essence of that analogy is that power is not static. It happens in a continuum. Mr C has a legitimate power just as Mr B got before he was robbed. Mr C was not the one that robbed Mr B of his power. However, Mr C rights a wrong by acknowledging officially that Mr B was robbed and so he makes the election that Mr B won the real election marking a transition into democracy.

If Abiolas mandate is actualised as with d analogy, is that d same thing as replacement? Replacement means that Abiola or Kingibe will have to present himself again to seek 4 another mandate which is what u suggested earlier. How in d world do u "replace" June 12? Pls here's my take on ur "replacement" theory.

lexy2014:

I didn't tell u that Abiolas mandate can replace buharis mandate. Earlier u said that "they should "devise' an act 4d purpose of actualising June 12". That was ur suggestion not mine and buhari had enough time 2 push for this long b4 d elections since it was him who brought up d issue of June 12 last year.

Once again if u are "robbed" and all d police does is to designate d day u were robbed a public holiday, would u say d wrong done u has been righted? When u use d words "rob" and "stolen", then everyone whose property is stolen expects recovery by d police. That's y I asked u earlier if u are aware that Abiola was offered a "replacement" b4 he died. To that u have remained silent.

If u were "robbed& ur property "stolen", u will expect that even if ur property isn't recovered, but that d culprits who robbed& stole from u are brought to justice. That is what righting a wrong entails with regards 2a person being "robbed"& "stolen" from. If that is d case, then how did buhari restore d June 12 mandate and how has he brought d culprits that were responsible 4 "stealing" &"robbing" Abiola of his mandate to justice that u now say he has righted d wrong? Except u are telling me that d meaning of "stolen" and "robbed" has changed or that d expectation concerning justice as regards these wrongs have changed.

BluntBoy:

All ur grammar about power not being static or whether it is in continuum is irrelevant. Pls read below my take on ur Mr.A, Mr.B& Mr. C analogy & get d points raised.

lexy2014:

Once again, ur analogy is way off. If we assume Mr. C is buhari, at what time in d history of nigeria did he "probe" d 1993 elections? Can u pls enlighten us on when that happened?

Also asked u this but I don't c an answer

lexy2014:

Can u show me where I told u this below. What's d relevance of this?
BluntBoy:

BluntBoy:

Mr C has a legitimate power just as Mr B got before he was robbed.

Once again if we assume Abiola is Mr
B is Abiola & Mr. C buhari, at what point in d history Nigeria did Abiola get "legitimate power"?

BluntBoy:

However, Mr C rights a wrong by acknowledging officially that Mr B was robbed and so he makes the election that Mr B won the real election marking a transition into democracy.

If u have been robbed, what should b done 4u? Would u say justice has been done by an official announcement acknowledging officially that u were robbed? Is that how to right a wrong with regards to robbery?

Once again, u seem 2 have lost ur voice on this point
lexy2014:

U keep saying buhari righted d wrong by making June 12 a public holiday but d question u have refused 2 answer is did Abiola die, loose his wife, businesses & access to his kids just because of a public holiday? Y did Abiola die?

Also, has buhari righted d wrong he did in 1983 that he now wants 2 right d wrong that was done by IBB in 1993?
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by BluntBoy(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2019
lexy2014:

If Abiolas mandate is actualised as with d analogy, is that d same thing as replacement? Replacement means that Abiola or Kingibe will have to present himself again to seek 4 another mandate which is what u suggested earlier. How in d world do u "replace" June 12? Pls here's my take on ur "replacement" theory.

Once again if u are "robbed" and all d police does is to designate d day u were robbed a public holiday, would u say d wrong done u has been righted? When u use d words "rob" and "stolen", then everyone whose property is stolen expects recovery by d police. That's y I asked u earlier if u are aware that Abiola was offered a "replacement" b4 he died. To that u have remained silent.

If u were "robbed& ur property "stolen", u will expect that even if ur property isn't recovered, but that d culprits who robbed& stole from u are brought to justice. That is what righting a wrong entails with regards 2a person being "robbed"& "stolen" from. If that is d case, then how did buhari restore d June 12 mandate and how has he brought d culprits that were responsible 4 "stealing" &"robbing" Abiola of his mandate to justice that u now say he has righted d wrong? Except u are telling me that d meaning of "stolen" and "robbed" has changed or that d expectation concerning justice as regards these wrongs have changed.

All ur grammar about power not being static or whether it is in continuum is irrelevant. Pls read below my take on ur Mr.A, Mr.B& Mr. C analogy & get d points raised.

Also asked u this but I don't c an answer

Can u show me where I told u this below. What's d relevance of this?

Once again if we assume Abiola is Mr
B is Abiola & Mr. C buhari, at what point in d history Nigeria did Abiola get "legitimate power"?

If u have been robbed, what should b done 4u? Would u say justice has been done by an official announcement acknowledging officially that u were robbed? Is that how to right a wrong with regards to robbery?

Once again, u seem 2 have lost ur voice on this point

Bro, your argument is laughable.

You refuse to regard the fact that power is not static, so, how can you even understand what is happening here?

Your police analogy was wrong, but I indulged you just to see how far you would go with it before goofing.

First of all, the analogy is weak because Buhari is not the police. The police is responsible for retrieving stolen properties, but Buhari is not responsible for retrieving stolen mandates.

Second, you cannot lose your car in 1993 and report in 2019 and expect the police to open an investigation. So, your analogy falls on its own head and supports my notion that power is not static.

It is not one of Buhari's responsibilities to retrieve stolen mandates. With every argument you make, you expose your ignorance about democracy.

Supposing Buhari decides to even open a full-scale probe on those behind the June 12 annullment, it is still people like you who would complain that he is wasting money on a probe when he should be improving the economy.

Like I wrote earlier, Buhari has righted a wrong by commemorating June 12. Perhaps, he can decide to probe the issue but to what ends? With the myriad of problems facing the country, you are demanding that time and money be wasted on something that is not even among our most pressing issues at hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by lexy2014: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, your argument is laughable.

You refuse to regard the fact that power is not static, so, how can you even understand what is happening here?

Your police analogy was wrong, but I indulged you just to see how far you would go with it before goofing.

First of all, the analogy is weak because Buhari is not the police. The police is responsible for retrieving stolen properties, but Buhari is not responsible for retrieving stolen mandates.

Second, you cannot lose your car in 1993 and report in 2019 and expect the police to open an investigation. So, your analogy falls on its own head and supports my notion that power is not static.

It is not one of Buhari's responsibilities to retrieve stolen mandates. With every argument you make, you expose your ignorance about democracy.

Supposing Buhari decides to even open a full-scale probe on those behind the June 12 annullment, it is still people like you who would complain that he is wasting money on a probe when he should be improving the economy.

Like I wrote earlier, Buhari has righted a wrong by commemorating June 12. Perhaps, he can decide to probe the issue but to what ends? With the myriad of problems facing the country, you are demanding that time and money be wasted on something that is not even among our most pressing issues at hand.

According 2u

BluntBoy:

Let me give you an analogy.

Mr A and Mr B contest for an election in 1993. Mr A wins. However in 2000, there is a new government headed by Mr C who probes the election of 1993 and sees that Mr B was robbed and should have won.

We have agreed that ur Mr. C is buhari & here u said buhari probed d 1993 elections but later u said

BluntBoy:

Perhaps, he can decide to probe the issue but to what ends?

So we c how u are jumping from pillar to post. Making claims at one end but when I confront u run to another end to try to change what u said. Since u said Mr. C(buhari) probed d 1993 elections, I asked u several times

lexy2014:

Once again, ur analogy is way off. If we assume Mr. C is buhari, at what time in d history of nigeria did he "probe" d 1993 elections? Can u pls enlighten us on when that happened?

U are yet 2 answer d question. Who is now ignorant?

U are d one who brought 2 words into d discussion: "stole" and "robbed". It wasn't me. These words have implications which u couldn't defend. When a person is robbed& his property stolen, what do they do? Am sure u can't even answer that with all ur "democratic expertise". U will avoid d question.

Since u said this:
BluntBoy:

So pls when did Abiola report his mandate stolen? Was it in 2019? Have u ever heard of what they call a cold case? A cold case is a crime or an accident that has not yet been fully solved. By this definition, does June 12 fall into that category? Am sure once again, u will avoid answering this despite being an expert on d subject matter.

I believe my English was very unambiguous

BluntBoy:

Pls look at this below& c whether it is d same thing with d claims u made above

lexy2014:

When someone says d point u made is irrelevant 2d discussion, is it d same as refusing 2 accept that power isn't static? 4 someone who is so knowledgeable, am surprised that English language & comprehension is a big problem here

I also asked u these below but u are running away from it like Usain bolt on a 100m Olympic dash

lexy2014:

According 2u

BluntBoy:

It is not one of Buhari's responsibilities to retrieve stolen mandates.

Here u are again using d word "stolen". Now if ur property is "stolen", what would u consider 2b justice? What is d ideal thing 2b done 4 someone whose property was "stolen"? I have asked u this several times& am sure u will still avoid answering it.

On d one hand, u say it isn't "Buhari's responsibilities to retrieve stolen mandates" but u have been saying "buhari righted d wrong of June 12". How has June 12 been righted when what was stolen wasn't recovered & returned 2d owner? How was d wrong righted when d people responsible 4d "stealing" that u talked about weren't apprehended & punished? If ur property was stolen would u not expect that it will b recovered & returned 2u or at least d culprits dealt with?
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by BluntBoy(m): 10:34pm On Jun 17, 2019
lexy2014:

According 2u

We have agreed that ur Mr. C is buhari & here u said buhari probed d 1993 elections but later u said

So we c how u are jumping from pillar to post. Making claims at one end but when I confront u run to another end to try to change what u said. Since u said Mr. C(buhari) probed d 1993 elections, I asked u several times

U are yet 2 answer d question. Who is now ignorant?

U are d one who brought 2 words into d discussion: "stole" and "robbed". It wasn't me. These words have implications which u couldn't defend. When a person is robbed& his property stolen, what do they do? Am sure u can't even answer that with all ur "democratic expertise". U will avoid d question.

Since u said this:

So pls when did Abiola report his mandate stolen? Was it in 2019? Have u ever heard of what they call a cold case? A cold case is a crime or an accident that has not yet been fully solved. By this definition, does June 12 fall into that category? Am sure once again, u will avoid answering this despite being an expert on d subject matter.

I believe my English was very unambiguous

Pls look at this below& c whether it is d same thing with d claims u made above

When someone says d point u made is irrelevant 2d discussion, is it d same as refusing 2 accept that power isn't static? 4 someone who is so knowledgeable, am surprised that English language & comprehension is a big problem here

I also asked u these below but u are running away from it like Usain bolt on a 100m Olympic dash

According 2u

Here u are again using d word "stolen". Now if ur property is "stolen", what would u consider 2b justice? What is d ideal thing 2b done 4 someone whose property was "stolen"? I have asked u this several times& am sure u will still avoid answering it.

On d one hand, u say it isn't "Buhari's responsibilities to retrieve stolen mandates" but u have been saying "buhari righted d wrong of June 12". How has June 12 been righted when what was stolen wasn't recovered & returned 2d owner? How was d wrong righted when d people responsible 4d "stealing" that u talked about weren't apprehended & punished? If ur property was stolen would u not expect that it will b recovered & returned 2u or at least d culprits dealt with?

Bro, I really have a very tedious job, so I am going to make it as simple as possible.

Buhari cannot step down and install Kingibe to begin exercising MKO's mandate. Democracy does not work like that

This is my last post to you. If you like reply. That is your headache. How can I be schooling you on democracy free of charge grin

Unfollows thread
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by lexy2014: 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, I really have a very tedious job, so I am going to make it as simple as possible.

Buhari cannot step down and install Kingibe to begin exercising MKO's mandate. Democracy does not work like that

This is my last post to you. If you like reply. That is your headache. How can I be schooling you on democracy free of charge grin

Unfollows thread

Oga, what's my business with ur work? Am I d one that gave u d work or did I tell u to leave ur work 2 comment on NL? I don't c how ur work concerns me or d topic of discussion. Once again, u have made a very irrelevant comment.

BluntBoy:

Aren't u d one who suggested that "they should "devise' an act 4d purpose of actualising June 12? What will b d outcome of d devised act?

BluntBoy:

In a democracy, government is installed through voting.

Bros was Abiola not voted 4? If he was voted 4, does that not mean his govt should b installed?

BluntBoy:

We gave Buhari a mandate in 2019. We didn't give it to Kingibe or MKO.

Pls who now gave MKO d June 12 mandate? Was it Mongolians or is it a different set of people from d ones that gave buhari his mandate?

Professor democracy, u are only a victim of ur own contradictions which u have used 2 litter d whole thread. U have entagled urself with ur own words. U haven't been 2 school urself, how do u now want to school someone else? As a prof, I thought my questions will b mince meat 4u, but alas& as expected, my guy take off

BluntBoy:

Unfollows thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Fayose Takes Father Christmas To The Streets Of Ado Ekiti (Pics) / Buruji Kashamu Responds To Ap's Report On His Alleged Indictment In The US / Video Of Yusuf Buhari's Arrival In Nigeria After His Medical Treatment Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.