Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,250 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola (36703 Views)

JUST-IN: Buhari Renames Airports After Awolowo, Okadigbo, Danfodio, Others / Dangote To Hand Over Refurbished National Stadium, Abuja In November / Sunday Dare Relocates To MKO Abiola Stadium, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by baby124: 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
fx45:
Both are properties of the federal government... So what's different? By the way, there's an already existing MKO Abiola Stadium in Ogun State, what's the use of naming another stadium after him if not foolishness?
Unilag is already an established institution with alumni’s all over the world who have certificates that say Unilag. How will someone wake up one day and decide to change the name? A national monument is much better. Shame on GEJ. It shows his lack of ability to think critically despite claiming he is a PhD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Bizlifelines201: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
Emotionss:
[/color][color=#006600]

All I am saying is that the Igbos are being left behind politically and I for one am not happy about that because I believe the Igbos can do better...... somehow I believe an ignore man is the solution to our economical issues.
The igbo have a crop of resilient and intelligent people not filled with hate for other Nigerians of other ethnic extraction and I believe if these crop of people are now given a chance, will go back to the drawing board and forge a credible effective opposition like Awo did in the first republic.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by BakireBulmaker: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
SarkinYarki:
lol this Buhari knows how to work on the gullible SW cheesy cheesy

You must be in severe pains. Ndo!

I would suggest you quit wailing before you harm yourself... grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by chocboi78(m): 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2019
hammerFC:

IF HIM LIKE, LET HIM RENAME ABUJA TO ABIOLA.

IT CHANGES NOTHING...
grin grin grin Guy no mind that mumu man
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Kenneth10110(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
alobright17:
Guy your own hardship is a curse because during previous regimes you weren't any better than you are today, So stop blaming Buhari and go for Deliverance.

Idiot am not going through any hardship but a sane person will know the country has worsened under PMB high cost in everything, very low employment rate is it that you have been cursed not to say the truth even if hardship is hitting you. Go out in the streets then just pick ten people and ask how the country has been since 2015 then bring us your honest answer.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Omonaijani: 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
...first match at the MKO Abiola National Stadium should be between Abiola Babes vs Leventis Utd...
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Bizlifelines201: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
...first match at the MKO Abiola National Stadium should be between Abiola Babes vs Leventis Utd...
Brilliant suggestion! I used to support Abiola Babes those days against IICC and Leventis. My brother was a Leventis Fan
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by sundayoluwatimi(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
Immortalisation!
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by boban007: 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
hammerFC:

IF HIM LIKE, LET HIM RENAME ABUJA TO ABIOLA.

IT CHANGES NOTHING...
IT CHANGES A LOT.ALL TRUE DEMOCRATS APPRECIATE PRESIDENT BUHARI FOR RIGHTING THE WRONGS OF OUR USELESS LEADERS.MAY GOD BLESS TINUBU GOD HAS USED HIM TO FIGHT FOR THE YORUBAS.MAY GOD BLESS BUHARI.ITS A NEW DAWN AND THERE IS RENEWED HOPE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by bamosagie(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
micfoley:
LONG OVERDUE

GEJ really goofed by not doing this when he had the chance

have you forgotten the UniLag saga so soon...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by babington91(m): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
micfoley:
LONG OVERDUE

he actually did, when he renamed unilag to immortalized MKO, but he was castigated.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by dante0147: 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
[quote author=simonlee post=79258026][/quote]

I have saved your handle and by the special grace of God you and I would live to witness the next elections and many more to come ! You will see how the Fulani blockhead would Bleep Tinubu up... !
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by fx45(m): 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
baby124:

Unilag is already an established institution with alumni’s all over the world who have certificates that say Unilag. How will someone wake up one day and decide to change the name? A national monument is much better. Shame on GEJ. It shows his lack of ability to think critically despite claiming he is a PhD.
So many educational institutions have changed names in Nigeria and heaven didn't fall. Unilag wouldn't have been different. By the way, I'm also an Alumnus of Unilag and any name change wouldn't affect my certificate. Jonathan did the right thing but hateful Yoruba people took to the streets in protest. There are other cases too. Jonathan removed subsidy and increased fuel price, hateful Yorubas took to the streets and occupied everywhere. Jihadist Buhari did the same and hateful Yorubas cheered and clapped in admiration. Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
shey is obasanjo money that was used to build it

Don't mind the guy jare, e just dey jam talk.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
Nyamuriflathead:

Joke of the century. I'd rather the country is divided than Mark a memorable day for biafra.

undecided

who is talking biafra?

*sighs*

those people killed were Nigerians
and were killed prior to biafra declaration

many of you guys just reason somehow mehn undecided
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Emotionss: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Bizlifelines201:

The igbo have a crop of resilient and intelligent people not filled with hate for other Nigerians of other ethnic extraction and I believe if these crop of people are given a chance, will go back to the drawing board and forge a credible effective opposition like Awo did in the first republic.

You don't need to like them but the Igbos need to learn some political arithmetic from the yorubas.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Ugosample(m): 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2019
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

The Igbo don't really need any apologize from anyone. This victimized mentally is why Igbo are where they are politically today. The Igbosecond used to have influence politically I am still trying to understand what happened to the Igbo tribe politically.

the igbos do not need any "apologize" from any one indeed

cheesy grin cheesy

says a lot about you
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Arkmanbuddy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 12, 2019
seunmsg:
History will be kind to PMB; the president who finally healed the June 12 would. Obasanjo would be agonizing shamelessly in pain wherever he is today. The senate in 2003 passed a resolution naming the Abuja stadium after MKO but Obasanjo refused to implement the resolution.

Jonathan also had the opportunity of implementing that resolution but he opted to play to the gallery by naming University of Lagos after MKO thereby reducing him to a Yoruba hero despite the fact that he payed the ultimate price for Nigeria’s democracy.

Nice point.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by 27Pushing30: 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Odingo1:
The perpetrators of June 12 saga are all working free from IBB to Al-Mustapha without Yorubas calling for their prosecution.

What actually will the naming of a Stadium or holiday change when the people that committed the crime is working free and are even the one giving them free holiday and the naming, that is tantamount to dancing unclad on Abiola grave and those they killed. This is what they called Greek gift from the Trojans, Is it not supposed to be a mourning day and they are eating shaki and dancing owambe.
i hope this is not what you actually implement in your life o. Cos smart people know you only fight battles you can win. Sha
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Ugosample(m): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

How about the memory of those like Late Chief SL Akintola, Alhaji Tafawa Hello, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello killed by the igbo-dominated mutineers. Let's be fair to others wink The northerners till date believed that the murder of their first set of leaders left an irreparable damage on their generations till date.

let us then have a comprehensive reconciliation then..

so that generations after can move on
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Bizlifelines201: 3:04pm On Jun 12, 2019
fx45:
So many educational institutions have changed names in Nigeria and heaven didn't fall. Unilag wouldn't have been different. By the way, I'm also an Alumnus of Unilag and any name change wouldn't affect my certificate. Jonathan did the right thing but hateful Yoruba people took to the streets in protest. There are other cases too. Jonathan removed subsidy and increased fuel price, hateful Yorubas took to the streets and occupied everywhere. Jihadist Buhari did the same and hateful Yorubas cheered and clapped in admiration. Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria.
There's already a tertiary institution named after MKO Abiola. Let's say the truth GEJ goofed. I recall the Abiola family was even embarrassed by the action of GEJ. It's not about the Yoruba, it's respecting the man's sacrifice to the nation.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by cyberguy72(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
micfoley:
LONG OVERDUE

Leave GEJ out of this ZOMBIE......bubu always doing the right things at the wrong time
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Emotionss: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
Ugosample:

the igbos do not need any "apologize" from any one indeed

cheesy grin cheesy

says a lot about you

It's just an error. I apologize for that.
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by fx45(m): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
Honor10:
u are in pain.

if after all these, some people still believe that it is not possible for Buhari to handover to Yoruba man in 2023, then the person must be blind.
Buhari cannot hand over power to whoever he wants. We're not running a dictatorship in Nigeria. Nigerians will vote the candidate of their choice and it isn't going to be a Yoruba man
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Sadebixx(m): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
CaptainVal:

The most sensible comment I ever read on nairaland today. You deserve an OON . Government should look at civil war and remedy some remediable damages done by Gowon and his boys. I am full blooded AFONJA.

Lol grin
You're not yoruba, yorubas don't call themselves AFONJA

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by lexy2014: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
BluntBoy:

Buhari's government is legitimate. Stepping down is not a part of righting a wrong. Because Buhari's government is not a wrong until proven otherwise.

As far as things stand presently, Buhari cannot right a wrong by stepping down for Kingibe. We gave him our mandate. We didn't give him so that he can dash someone else.
That good. Nigerians also gave Abiola and Kingibe their mandate in 1993. So what is going 2 happen 2 that mandate& d sacrifice Abiola made to keep that mandate alive? Is buhari not enjoying d sacrifice that Abiola made? Y can't he sacrifice his own so that d June 12 mandate can b actualised? And if u remember vividly, buhari recognised June 12 last year b4 d elections. So there was enough time 4 him to make d arrangement for him 2 step down as part of "righting d wrong"
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by cyberguy72(m): 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
Bolustical:
President Buhari just like giving OBJ, IBB and Atiku uppercuts since 2015.

Justice at last! Recognition eventually.

If you are pained by this development, it means you never loved democracy neither do you respect the Yoruba people.

God bless PMB,

God bless Nigeria.
FULANI herdsmen are busy killing
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by fx45(m): 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
Bizlifelines201:

There's already a tertiary institution named after MKO Abiola. Let's say the truth GEJ goofed. I recall the Abiola family was even embarrassed by the action of GEJ. It's not about the Yoruba, it's respecting the man's sacrifice to the nation.
Stop shifting goalposts. There's also another stadium named MKO ABIOLA STADIUM
Re: Buhari Renames National Stadium Abuja After MKO Abiola by Brightest04(m): 3:08pm On Jun 12, 2019
With this giant and memorable action of Buhari, haters,especially the IPOB dullards will have another long and prolonged days of heartache and HBP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oyebanji Presents Operational Vehicles, Gadgets To Ekiti Police (Photos) / School Children Going Home In Bayelsa Over Army Vaccination (Photos) / DSS Denies Aiding Attacks On EndSARS Protester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.