Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,027 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide (48050 Views)

FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins / Wike Revokes Sen Maeba’s Land In Port Harcourt Amid Crackdown On Atiku Loyalists / EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by jadeliyi(m): 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2019
ada9ja:
All those against it are fools...don't you all see the kind of things been posted online, fake news, violence inciting propaganda etc, to me that's not freedom of speech even God and human are against false accusation and lies, so whosoever is guilty shud face the law...
it good to voice your view but,not in an way like these, what do you mean by fools ?.... try to be constructive in criticism

3 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by sonofElElyon: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2019
All the same, tribal bigotry, no matter the target, is bad.

Pavarottii:

They won't do those ones anything, but anything against dis govt or Arewa.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Masterclass32: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
He's gradually showing his true colours. Enough with the Reformed Democrat crap.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by McRhymesman: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
look at these clowns

1 Like

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Bibors(m): 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
By the time Nigerians realise what is happening, it will be too late. Success belongs to only those who can read the hand writing on the wall and use it to predict the future.
Very very soon, we will return to stone ages.

Freedom of speech will soon be an artefact im the museum to be observed as somethingbonce enjoyed in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Basher8583: 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
mcjohny:
you hid their history and refused that they learn it on their own. how the hell did I get into this country. if you ask most Nigerian graduates the history of Nigeria, probably he starts from 1960. q1 who were these people before the 19th century, their origin, culture and what distinctly made them a nation. let me stop here before Savage commentators come for my head

So may I ask where those informing you got Thier history facts from that your lazy ass does not have access to
Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Engine005(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
God, I am using this opportunity to join all other faithfuls in this country to seek your face and have mercy on our dear nation.

Do not let the plans of the wicked ones prevail over us. Guide us, guard us, bless us and save us from the hands of the enemies.

Let those who are wishing us bad know no peace and let there whole generation be replaced by frogs.

No matter how hard they make it, our God will lead us through and there shall be no lack, loss nor limitation.

God bless us

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Pavarottii(m): 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2019
sonofElElyon:
All the same, tribal bigotry, no matter the target, is bad.

Yeah I right... It's terrible here on Nairaland.
Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by phineas: 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2019
Arrest them all.

Long overdue in Nigeria.The west that you copy so much does not tolerate hate speech or inciting materials. The Arab,asian countries and many others don't tolerate it. Hope you know Dubai may not be as picture perfect as you all believe but thanks to censorship you don't see horrible pictures

Another example is the UK fire of 2018 where someone posted on social media pictures of the bodies that had piled up on the ground beside the building

He was promptly arrested and the post deleted.Here you will all be singing free speech till some nuisance causes havoc with irresponsible news

DSS should just not arrest them quietly but prosecute them publicly and state their offense as an example to all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by chubbyblackdick: 9:15pm On Jun 12, 2019
Omooba77:
Nairaland will be the major focus, but truth lies in the fact if people are driven underground the result will be worse off. Waiting for DSS to delete us, can they fight God!

So u don't know they are on nairaland already, abi? Since 8 years ago!

I'm super serious o! Had to change my moniker to post this!
Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
wink

GEJ never threatened anyone who called him and his wife unprintable names like "Ineffectual buffoon or Shepopotamus"

But just like a frustrated and bitter feminist, Baba lifeless who have always been pained by the comments about him on social media, ordered his dogs to crackdown on innocent citizens.

Truly, there's a big difference between a leader and a dictator.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by happney65: 9:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
wink

GEJ never threatened anyone who called him and his wife unprintable names like "Ineffectual buffoon or Shepopotamus"

But just like a frustrated and bitter feminist, Baba lifeless who have always been pained by the comments about him on social media, ordered his dogs to crackdown on innocent citizens.

cc omolola15 grin

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by qleap2all(m): 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
Earlier said than done! I am worried with the amount of falsehood being peddled online these days.
Whenever I received such, normally warned such person never to send such irresponsible message to me with an advice to desist from spreading falsehood!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by themanderon: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
I said it. Once a dictator is not comfortable with criticism he implements laws to gag the opposition. The guys that lead us into this mess will be the first victims of what is to come. So shall it be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2019
They are revealing themselves layer by layer.

3 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
ON DEMOCRACY DAY.... JOKERS

1 Like

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by NwaliE01: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2019
I guess. It's time to leave this country.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by olanshi: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2019

When injustice becomes law; resistance/revolution becomes inevitable.

We can’t be a citizen of Nigeria and be a refugee in Nigeria at the same time so therefore Democracy for the people of Nigeria is non-negotiable!

#freedom #justice shall prevail.

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Freestainworld(m): 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2019
why not turn us to North Korea so that it will be official that we are not free.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by ngwababe(f): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear ngwababe,

Can you see what I am talking about?

Jason is just getting started.

Jason dear, please take it easy on them cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by wisdomkid: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2019
Just celebrated democracy day.

To those saying it's impossible, please go and recheck islamic countries like Saudi Arabic and Turkey.
If you can't tell history or know what is happening, keep quiet and learn.

It's even happening right now in UAE.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by ojtech8291: 9:46pm On Jun 12, 2019
It is well. I have never and I will never involve in hate speech or abuse anyone before but I will never support this move from Government. A criticised government performed better. If you stop people expressing themselves, then you are indirectly telling them to act wrongly. May God Almighty protect our country.

1 Like

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by tomdon(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
You're clamping down on alleged incitement while patting perpetrators of evil on the back. This government is setting a bad precedence. Citizens better brace up for the next 4 years cos it won't be easy
Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by blackboy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
Next Level in progress. AIT was a target they failed. Big mistake. Now this. You can't fight free press and win. Ask Putin. Ask Omar Bashir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Triniti(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
The most useless security service in the whole wide world about to enter the game of wild goose chase. Solve organize crime, mbanu! Tackle these Maghreb marauders killings our middle Belt people anyhow, nope! Na to go about looking for something that’s meanless as social media post.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by blackboy(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2019
Just come out straight. Tell Nigerians and the world what you want. 1. Dont speak against PMB ?2. Against Fulani ? 3. Against APC? Against ... let us know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Khaleell001(m): 10:16pm On Jun 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
wink

It seems some if you understand this grand delusion of gathering "likes" because you are woke were blinded by your guard for Buhari to see this :

“...that the tribal chauvinists and mischief makers do not continue to exploit socio-political differences and Internet platforms to threaten the peace and stability of the country.”
Is about threatening peace and stability not calling your leaders disrespectful names.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by farmsata(m): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
JasonScoolari:
wink

You won't be jailed for calling the president a dullard or clone. But you'll definitely be jail if you suggest an ethnic group should take up arms against another or do anything capable of harming the fragile peace we are lucky to be enjoying.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by gloryworld(f): 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by bellotaofeek: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
Freedom of speech ? Yes
Freedom after speech ? No

AIT -Gone
Social media/network -Going
Radio Fulani -Replacement for the above .

Serious gobe loading embarassed

1 Like

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by shollyshine(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
post=79271424:

This is what we have always stand for.
Every member is solely responsible for anything they post on Nairaland and online generally!
Watch your back Promoters of violence and TRIBALISM.

If this is what is going to stop all these afonjas and abokiss and igboss rubbish for peace to reign in our nation...then it is a welcome development.

We rise! wink
apparently the only comment that makes sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Declares Crackdown On Social Media Users Nationwide by Warship: 11:09pm On Jun 12, 2019
SocialJustice:
Go rant on twitter, you will get sense by force.

Are you sure.?

Post evidence of twitter users whose real names & pics were hidden that they arrested.?

You think Twitter is Nairaland.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha Reveals Why Obasanjo Picked GEJ As Vice President / How Buhari Ruined Nigeria In 1Year In Pictures - PDP / Nura Iliyasu In DSS Custody After Climbing Mast To Protest Against Buhari - Deji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.