Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" (64279 Views)

Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better / Tompolo - Buhari Military Killed My Father, Why Should I Endorse Him? / Buhari’s Military Junta Persecuted Atiku Over 53 Suitcases – Titi Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by stephanie11: 8:44am On Oct 21, 2020
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

US Presidential candidate, Joe Biden has reacted to the shooting of #EndSARS Protesters by Security agents on Tuesday evening in Lekki area of Lagos.

Biden, in a statement on Wednesday called on Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari to stop using Military force on protesters.

VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA – STATEMENT BY VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN

I urge President Buhari and the Nigerian military to cease the violent crackdown on protesters in Nigeria, which has already resulted in several deaths. My heart goes out to all those who have lost a loved one in the violence.

The United States must stand with Nigerians who are peacefully demonstrating for police reform and seeking an end to corruption in their democracy.

I encourage the government to engage in a good-faith dialogue with civil society to address these long-standing grievances and work together for a more just and inclusive Nigeria.

https://joebiden.com/2020/10/20/violence-in-nigeria-statement-by-vice-president-joe-biden/

208 Likes 22 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Tunex252(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2020
angry
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by SmartProf(m): 8:47am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari may not even see the message. He may not even know who Joe Biden is. Those who take pleasure in taking innocent lives unjustly cos they demanded for their rights, will meet their doom painfully.

620 Likes 52 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by madridguy(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2020
Visa ban or cancelation is the only language Buhari and his killer squad will understand right now.

360 Likes 29 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by jagaban002(m): 8:49am On Oct 21, 2020
The world is watching as our leader is killing us .
All they can do is plead to our robot dead president but we are the one that will change our country ourself . The protest stands
#say no to bad government

168 Likes 14 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by big7: 8:49am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Acekidc4(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Jack500: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2020
jagaban002:
The world is watching as our leader is killing us .

It is unfortunate that the world will do nothing about it.

It is only we that can liberate ourselves

198 Likes 19 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by InfoSources: 8:50am On Oct 21, 2020
shocked
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by stonemind(f): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2020
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

US Presidential candidate, Joe Biden has reacted to the shooting of #EndSARS Protesters by Security agents on Tuesday evening in Lekki area of Lagos.

Biden, in a statement on Wednesday called on Nigeria's president, Muhammadu Buhari to stop using Military force on protesters.

"I urge President Buhari and the Nigerian military to cease the violent crackdown on protesters in Nigeria,
which has already resulted in several deaths. My heart goes out to all those who have lost a loved one in the
violence.

"The United States must stand with Nigerians who are peacefully demonstrating for police reform and seeking an end to corruption in their democracy."

"I encourage the government to engage in a good faith dialogue with civil society to address these long standing grievances and work together for a more just and inclusive Nigeria." the statement read.

Biden's statement is coming a few hours after Former US Secretary of state, Hillary Clinton warned President Buhari to stop killing #EndSARS Protesters.

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-stop-the-military-crackdown-on-endsars-protesters-joe-biden-hits-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by NoPlaceLike(f): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2020
God punish Buhari, his entire family till the seventh generation. Same to Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and the rest of them.

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by SoftP(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2020
Q
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Bakrabas: 8:54am On Oct 21, 2020
I still don't know why it takes too long for a sane president to address the nation!!!

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Jostoman: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2020
But you told us that buhari is your role model

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by IamRichards: 8:57am On Oct 21, 2020
Mtcheeew
Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by ochusdb(m): 8:57am On Oct 21, 2020
In the Sixties (60s)
Our great grandfathers were promised one Nigeria will be better and great.

In the (80s)
Our grandfathers were told democracy would be the solution and the start of good governance.

in 2000
Our Parents were told to focus on vision 2020, that Rome wasn't built in a day

In 20.10.2020 (Vision 2020)
The Children of our Parents were murdered by the Nigerian Military who sworn an oath to protect them.

#EndBadGovernace
#EndGenerationalSuffering

80 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Jack005(m): 8:59am On Oct 21, 2020
Mere tweets from Hilary and Biden will do us no good. Only the citizens can decide for their future... We must arise and say no to Buhari and his evil cabals.

97 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by DaddyRochie1642: 8:59am On Oct 21, 2020
It's only when this Nonsense that's happening in Nigeria starts to affect my Daily "Three Square Meal", that's when I'll React.

So for now, Buhari and Nigeria can go to Hell for all I care.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Racoon(m): 9:00am On Oct 21, 2020
Nigeria does not have a government.What is in place is a band of tyrants in power.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by ILoveDemMANNA: 9:00am On Oct 21, 2020
It was a very sad Tuesday.
We still have a long way to go in our country.
Human life is not regarded in Nigeria,
both by the government and the citizens who are also quick to lynch a suspect.

Naija youths, we will this at the end.
We are not asking for too much, we are only asking for a better Nigeria.

Lipscomb:
I'm begging the protesters to stop too. If their demand not implement by Government they can resume the protest again.

I'm sad to seeing the blood of our brothers.
Exactly my point.

Some of our demands...

STRIP EX-GOVERNORS AND ALL ELECTED AND APPOINTED PUBLIC SERVANTS OF ALL BENEFITS AFTER OFFICE.

INCREASE SALARIES OF OUR DOCTORS, NURSES, TEACHERS, POLICE, MILITARY OFFICERS, AND CIVIL SERVANTS

NAME AND SHAME LOOTERS AND MAKE CRIMINAL OFFENDERS, AND LOOTERS FACE TRIAL IN THEIR HOME STATES AND VILLAGES TO SHAME THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES

Interesting times.
I hope Nigerian youths that are part of us, the real protesters out there listen to the good advice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Mysticwebb: 9:03am On Oct 21, 2020
When you know that if you shoot someone's child unjustly, your child will be marked out and killed too no matter which part of the world he/she maybe, then this heartless action of law enforcement and government agencies will stop.
If unjust action receives equal magnitude of unjust reaction, all will be forced to think twice before executing callous orders from their superior.

22 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by heffem(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
It's only when this Nonsense that's happening in Nigeria starts to affect my Daily "Three Square Meal", that's when I'll React.

So for now, Buhari and Nigeria can go to Hell for all I care.
Slowly and carefully read what you just typed again.....any sense in it?

47 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by seunmsg(m): 9:06am On Oct 21, 2020
I encourage the government to engage in a good-faith dialogue with civil society to address these long-standing grievances and work together for a more just and inclusive Nigeria.

Thank you Mr. Biden for standing with Nigeria. The part in bold is inevitable and the way to go. While the military must stop the use of force to bring down the protest, the protesters must also meet with government to discuss how to end the crisis. The violence is unnecessary and doing nobody any good. We must de-escalate the tension immediately.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by DaddyRochie1642: 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
heffem:
Slowly and carefully read what you just typed again.....any sense in it?

Oga do I look like I Care.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by updatechange(m): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
Sorosoke weyrey!!!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
These people are just being subtle

Which one is stop using violence

He (Buhari) is killing harmless Nigerians!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by InaNla(f): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari and his rogue government will not go unpunished.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
He's a deaf man

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Orubebe01: 9:09am On Oct 21, 2020
RIP to the dead.

We warned Nigerians not to vote in buhari but they called us Wailers, today everybody is wailing.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" by Chiedu4Trump: 9:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Lets face it, this contraption called Nigeria is marooned

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘No Going Back’: #OccupyLekki Protesters Insist Despite Heavy Security / Ambode Transforming Oworonshoki Waterfront, Lagos (Photos) / This Nigerian Soldier Died Giving His Life For His Comrades .photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.