Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,886 members, 7,956,347 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:22 AM

Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users (25887 Views)

Video Of How Road Users In The Netherlands Give Way To An Ambulance(pix,vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by NNEWIsuper: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Lagos is a gLorified slum

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by KanuSE: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Artzdanielsz:
Aba ehhh. see their London oooooooi. they talk say na only aba get that kind road so abeg where this road dey.aba own never bad reach like this ooooooo

This is Aba not Lagos.
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by omaclarry(m): 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
Officialgarri:

The designers.

There's something called hydrological and Bathymetric survey. These surveys help to study the behaviour of water in that region. I. E water level at every season and others.

With the data derived, the road elevation can be set to determine an adequate design for roads and bridges where necessary. It is however apparent that, these roads were just designed and built without taking into consideration the behaviour of water in that environment

You just spoke english without knowing the meaning, wetin hydro and bathy survey dey do 4 road

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by KanuSE: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Davash222:

Tinubu, of course.

SMH
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by osuofia2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
They should hold Tinubu responsible
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Funaki: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
they should be using canoe
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Mayor08: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2019
KanuSE:

The masses have no say in Lagos affairs.
You sound pained
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by olumalcolm(m): 2:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
That is the front of 'Trade fair" under bridge. That place is an eye saw. angry
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by MobilityExpress: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
agbangam:
People living in that axis dey sufferrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry angry angry angry angry angry...... Ambode ooo, may ur life take a U-Turn and be horrible like that of Badagry road. May u in this life and life after pass through pains as innocent Lagosians living that area are passing through. That guy just abandoned that beautiful project that Fashola started, the Chinese contractor had to abandon the project. Very sad.
Sanwo just need to do something Asap cause it's no longer funny for people living in that area.

That road is a federal road. You need to cry to the Buhari federal government, not Sanwo Olu.
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by MobilityExpress: 2:48pm On Jun 13, 2019
osuofia2:
They should hold Tinubu responsible

For a federal road? Smh! Some people are truly obsessed with Tinubu grin
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Beautyaddy: 2:49pm On Jun 13, 2019
Hmmmm.....I don't even know what to say sad sad

However, all these pictures should be posted on Sanwo-Olu, Buhari, Minister of Works(Fashola) and all the Nigeria news media Twitter handle ASAP.

Posting here on Nairaland alone will not give these eyesore and unforeseen pictures of Badagry Express Road any immediate attention.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Eagleword14(f): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
The Badagry expressway is too bad that it cannot be well expressed in d pics. It's not only about d flood, even without rain, d road itself is too bad as some of d roads had been cutoff from each other.

I pray this new govt fulfills their promise of fixing d road within a short time
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by stubbornman(m): 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nna ehnnnn ....this one nah serious wahala ohhh
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by BonkoINC: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Our once very beautiful under bridge trade fair complex .

Shame
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Officialgarri:

The designers.

There's something called hydrological and Bathymetric survey. These surveys help to study the behaviour of water in that region. I. E water level at every season and others.

With the data derived, the road elevation can be set to determine an adequate design for roads and bridges where necessary. It is however apparent that, these roads were just designed and built without taking into consideration the behaviour of water in that environment
my friend u have spoken well... Infact the engineers would have said similar... However the fate that met that road is beyond ur analysis... No drainage maintenance culture either by the authorities or the citizens..

Bear in mind that in most cases there were no drainages constructed..

My opinion ###
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Beremx(f): 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
MobilityExpress:

For a federal road? Smh! Some people are truly obsessed with Tinubu grin
Yes!! Tinubu should be held responsible. This road became an object of controversy during Jonathan's administration. Tinubu wrestled with Jonathan because of the road just he wants CCECC to take full control of the construction. Jonathan gave the contract to both Julius Berger and CCECC which hastened the Orile axis of the road. Tinubu finally was given the right to continue the road with CCECC but he failed

The road is an eyesore. I pray nothing will ever make me ply that road again

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by miltonchux(m): 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
Beht, isn't Ambode a Badagry man? Why didn't he make it a priority while still in power? Of what use is your office when it cannot even benefit your village people/ family? Obviously the place needs urgent attention, why not from you?
Ambode is from Epe and not badagry, he is the cause of all this, because he stopped the project for his selfish interest.
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by jayman33: 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
[/color][quote author=Officialgarri post=79283273]

The designers.

I have not signed in on this platform for over 5years... Your comments/information made me logged in because you are absolutely on point.[color=#006600]
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by sundayoluwatimi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
You won't understand the pain unless you have been through that road lately. It is not worthy of being called a road. Just call it a ditch.
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by pacino26(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2019
blackaxe78:
We need to just sell Nigeria back to the British and share the proceeds among ourselves.

Actually they are still controlling things cuz Nigeria was sold years ago, they just allowed local content managers to take reins of power. Bad market grin
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by lexy2014: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
Beht, isn't Ambode a Badagry man? Why didn't he make it a priority while still in power? Of what use is your office when it cannot even benefit your village people/ family? Obviously the place needs urgent attention, why not from you?

Ambode is epe
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by KanuSE: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mayor08:

You sound pained

Painedundecided how? What for?

Mtcheew
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by mgh2: 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2019
Let them suffer till they realize that Lagos is an overrated slum where suffering and smiling set of junkies exists.

They should be left to lick there own wounds and feast on there on wastes
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by seguno2: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Officialgarri:

The designers.

The designers since when
Since last week or last year?
What will make us responsible and stop shifting blame?

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Artzdanielsz(m): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
KanuSE:

This is Aba not Lagos.
Hahahhahaahhaahha Biko I no want laugh and shiit my khaki
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Legendguru: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
oh
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by nwanyionitsha: 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
AutoReportNG:
This is not getting funny again, in fact, it's getting serious daily. The Badagry Expressway calls for urgent attention from both the state and the federal government. Going by the images sent across to us today by some of our readers in the early hours of today, we need to call on his Excellency, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu to look into this area as fast as he could even if it means a temporary relief, the people will ever be grateful.

Yesterday was worse as it rains all through the night and guess what the people have to pass through. The road was so bad that they have to queue a long distance about 500m before they can manage to pass and those that are in hurry have some set of people who will back them and they pay 50 naira.

This is a government that sworn to protect and be the friend of the masses, if something as simple as road construction is like a luxury to us in Lagos, so bad that both the state and federal cannot fix it that we need to cry for help. AutoReportNG got these images from the road users and we cannot but sigh as it is shameful and a disgrace to us as a nation.

Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu with his deputy visited this site last 2 weeks and they have promised that work starts immediately, the rain season is here and this place will get worse as the rain persists.

These are some of the images sent across to us...

[img]https://1.bp..com/-p54Jmd0DiEY/XP_OMwERHII/AAAAAAAAcd8/7VSFjIFng3sDjQNBewIwJNk9v4hNLfcEgCLcBGAs/s1600/62603740_2377065619239063_708794325395308544_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-q6C3h4e7oLo/XP_OGbzgbWI/AAAAAAAAcdc/hYKA-jxsAmkS_gHBlfnyX_0DSXRxj2cagCLcBGAs/s1600/62268856_2183288788386257_8031578471173980160_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gf33YBJXaGA/XP_OG6UEHKI/AAAAAAAAcdg/360Y3-zm4MAi-9tDG39QZBEUfYopfK3vACLcBGAs/s1600/62334984_2183288988386237_1525759656998207488_n.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-V1RE6ZiJv0A/XP_OG7xLf1I/AAAAAAAAcdk/wKdoZ6_94-ECKULu3sY7a3E4srOo4G5GwCLcBGAs/s1600/62367621_2183288811719588_2092132957052469248_n%2B%25281%2529.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2HWT4BLMml0/XP_OKpH0VLI/AAAAAAAAcd0/VdOpkeJ-cdYia6Mtvxq9fswFSmnZqfCygCLcBGAs/s1600/62494945_2183288998386236_6320338357985476608_n.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/06/see-pains-agony-and-trauma-badagry.html

tunjiajayi the political clout man come and explain this. grin
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by murmee: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
blackaxe78:
We need to just sell Nigeria back to the British and share the proceeds among ourselves.

Walahi!
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by Prosperchuks1344(m): 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
we are really suffering here in Lagos, because of the bad road in that area, transport fair also doubles...

last year, I my Uncle and family members went to badagry for our village End of the year party, we left Festac around 2pm in the afternoon got to badagry around 8pm, the party was already over then... OK!

Then we left badagry around that same time and we reached Festac around 1am.... there was no traffic o, but bad roads... and we went there with our own car!!

The potholes around that badagry express-way is more like a valley....

Lagos state govt should do something about this, its getting out of hand...
Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by tunjiajayi: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
tunjiajayi the political clout man come and explain this. grin

Yamree Onitsha, what have I got to explain?
If infrastructures are left un attended they deteriorate, it's left for the government or the People to fix it and maintain the fix it.

Nwaonitsha why worry about this when you have mudslides and landslides claiming lives and property in your backyard yonder east.

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway Bad Road: The Pains, Agony And Trauma Of Road Users by nwanyionitsha: 4:17pm On Jun 13, 2019
tunjiajayi:

Yamree Onitsha, what have I got to explain?
If infrastructures are left un attended they deteriorate, it's left for the government or the People to fix it and maintain the fix it.

Nwaonitsha why worry about this when you have mudslides and landslides claiming lives and property in your backyard yonder east.

So your political clout has failed. Noisemaker.
Nigeria is Nigeria. Stop decieving your dull self. As it is in the east so it is in the west, north and south.
I thought you political clout means you location is paradise.
Noisy things.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver And Passenger Trapped Inside Trailer On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Lagos To Abuja Flight Ticket Should Cost ₦250k – Airline Operators / 6 Persons Die In Ghastly Accident In Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.