Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Bad Service At GTB - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bad Service At GTB (4555 Views)

Jumia Bad Service / How To Transfer GTB To GTB Fund By Phone Call / Gtb Internet Banking Token Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
GTB is really in a mess now. Sorry for this country.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 7:26am On Oct 28, 2010
Another fresh complaint by a GTB customer.

Ephraimi (m)
Nigeria

N100 Monthly Atm Fee?
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:15 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was so angry this morning when I discovered that there were some deductions on my saving a/c wit Ecobank. Upon enquiry I made 2 undastand dat it's their policy 2 charge ATM card owners N100/mnth whether u use it or not. They charge N50 again on their ATM. They charge WAN of N210 instead of d N200 I knew b4. + sms alert(even when they're informing u about their products). Pls do u hav d same experience wit oda banks? Lets share.

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Bad Service At GTB by klas(m): 10:05am On Oct 28, 2010
Buzman:

Another fresh complaint by a GTB customer.

Ephraimi (m)
Nigeria

N100 Monthly Atm Fee?
« on: September 13, 2010, 04:15 PM »

I was so angry this morning when I discovered that there were some deductions on my saving a/c wit Ecobank. Upon enquiry I made 2 undastand dat it's their policy 2 charge ATM card owners N100/mnth whether u use it or not. They charge N50 again on their ATM. They charge WAN of N210 instead of d N200 I knew b4. + sms alert(even when they're informing u about their products). Pls do u hav d same experience wit oda banks? Lets share.

Report to moderator Logged

The customer complained about ecobank not GTB

I am a customer not a bank staff but frankly I cannot understand what some are complaining about as regard charges. is there any bank issuing atm card for free? I bank with 6 banks, all charge. The $20 mastercard fee and $30 annual maintainance fee are for dom account holder. I have 3 from different banks including visa dollar card and they charge the same so i think it is general practice or do we expect everything for free?

Have we also noticed the benefit of using visa naira card from one bank on another bank's atm?  The usual N100 per transaction does not apply, may be that is what the maintainance fee is all about.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
GTB is a bank of rogues,
Re: Bad Service At GTB by residual(f): 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
i really dont think there is a better bank now. not too long ago i opened acct with gtb, i filled a form to enable me transact online but till now i haven't received the details, i got some payment into the acct and i didn't get alert, i have written to complain still the problem is the same. not to mention that they don't have enough branches, i have to far to reach them and all times, there is always crowd in all their branches i have visited.

i thank God i opened savings where i can leave only N1000. i will just leave that till when i might need it, and if not then gdbye to it.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2010
[size=20pt]The OP is up to no good. Its absolutely impossible. This is enough to have made news headlines in the dailies and thank God for cameras that can be reviewed. I wonder what you stand to gain from this post[/size]
Re: Bad Service At GTB by azzleboy: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2010
This is a big fat blatant lie!!, I am a customer of gtbank and i know the bank well enough to know that they are professionals to the core, if such was really happening, why didnt this person take the issue up!!, they have a complaint department that can investigate such issues, and by the way i was in the bank on that day and absolutely nothing of such happened, this is as fabricated as any story goes, correct fabu, dont believe everything you read guys!!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 5:46pm On Nov 04, 2010
@azzleboy
U were not in d bank stop lieing abeg, may u die in poverty if u are lieing dat u were in d bank on dat day
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2010
[size=14pt]@madejibo: What's your beaf with GTBank? I dare the OP to issue a press statement on this and ask that the authorities and civil rights groups call for a review of the video footage. Some posts should be ignored[/size]
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2010
I have been a victim of bad service of nairaland though the story of OP sounds exergerrated but with GTB and service nothing is impossible
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 5:51am On Nov 05, 2010
dappssee:

[size=20pt]The OP is up to no good.[/size]
dappssee:

[size=20pt]Its absolutely impossible.[/size]
dappssee:

[size=20pt]I wonder what you stand to gain from this post[/size]
attention maybe.
azzleboy:

This is a big fat blatant lie!!,
azzleboy:

I am a customer of gtbank and i know the bank well enough to know that they are professionals to the CORE, if such was really happening, why didnt this person[b] take the issue up[/b]!!, they have a complaint department that can investigate such issues,

cool
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 5:57am On Nov 05, 2010
madejibo:

I have been a victim of[b] bad service of nairaland[/b] though the story of OP sounds exergerrated but with GTB and service nothing is impossible
, and your point is?

madejibo:

I have been a victim of bad service of nairaland though[b] the story sounds exergerrated[/b] but with GTB and service nothing is impossible
why you say this now?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2010
I thought xreal has been sacked from GTB and that's why we have not been seeing his responses.

Well you are welcome again. But this time, go back and address all the issues that reported while you were away.

For those who think the OP is lying because it's not in the news, I think they are retards. How many customer service issues are reported in Nigeria. If these issues are reported as they are supposed to, I wonder how Cecilia Ibru and co would have succeeded in milking Nigerian banks dry before Sanusi came in as a governor.

The issue is Nigeria and Nigerians don't bother as long as bribes are exchanging hands somewhere. I remember making comments about bad service on GTB Facebook page last month and it was deleted immediately I posted it. Where is transparency?

They may bribe the media not to carry such news, but the internet has made life a lot easier. Now hundreds of people are viewing this and that's part of the purpose. It's also on record that's hard to delete.

Like someone says, type GTB and fraud on Google and you will run to the bank to close your account.

xreal, I am happy you are still there; perhaps your salary was just halved as I am made to know that this is the cause of the bad service we are getting from GTB these days.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 1:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
asamuel:

I thought xreal has been sacked

asamuel:

xreal, I am happy you are still there; perhaps your salary was just halved as I am made to know that this is the cause of the bad service we are getting from GTB these days.

asamuel:

For those who think the OP is lying because it's not in the news, I think they are[b] retards[/b].
a retarded post, really.

asamuel:

Well you are welcome again.
asamuel:

xreal, I am happy you are still there;
Thanks, though.
I can see; you and your cohorts are really getting the attention you seek here.

asamuel:

How many customer service issues are reported in Nigeria. If these issues are reported as they are supposed to, I wonder how Cecilia Ibru and co would have succeeded in milking Nigerian banks dry before Sanusi came in as a governor.

The issue is Nigeria and Nigerians don't bother as long as bribes are exchanging hands somewhere.
They may bribe the media not to carry such news. Now hundreds of people are viewing this and that's part of the purpose. It's also on record that's hard to delete.
Next time, be sure of whatever comment you make, pls.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2010
Hi xreal.
Really, you only need to enter GTBank and see the fall in service levels. Do you know that customers who want to check their account balances are now made to queue up with others who want to withdraw cash? That's the latest I saw last week. Isn't that another draconian policy in a seemingly "new generation" bank? Even Union Bank will not do so. This is what we are saying about the falling standards in GTB.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^^
what branch? Same with the OP's.

and did you ask why twas so?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
Ojodu Branch.

New bank policy I was told.

You see how your bank continue to fall by the day?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:25am On Nov 09, 2010
xreal have you confirmed?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
Why are you guys giving XREAL unnecessary attention?
for crying out loud the dude is just a damn staff of the bank (probably a teller or some fustrated marketer /sales person) as the case may be.
You don't expect him to come here and say anything dfferent from what he has posted so far.
"cus all he does there is run the normal duties assigned to him and kiss his bosses a$$es.
He is amongst those who wake up one day and get a mail that their services are no more needed by the bank and as such, HE IS FIRED.

Instead of him to try and see ways to plead on the bank's behalf so that other people won't start picturing the bank in a bad light and as such start closing their accounts (which directly will affect the bank negtively)
He is here blabing how no security at the bank won't kiss customers shoes and all that (how dum-b a staff of the bank could be)

Making the situation worse.

Xreal, take it or leave it, these customers you are insulting are the same people that FEEDS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY (if you bear any responsibility).
'cus without this same people, your bank and its entire staff wont be in existence.

Former staff of UBA, DIAMOND, OCEANIC, AFRIBANK, UNION BANK, INTERCONTINENTAL, FIN BANK, ECO BANK e.t.csupported their employees and insulted people more than what you are even doing right now. TODAY WHERE ARE THEY? THE LABOUR MARKET!

I rather you just ignore this post as so many of your other colleagues would have done so you don't receive the curses of aggrieved customers who have been cheated openly.

Abi you want to tell me you are the only GTb staff on nairaland.

MOST OF YOU GUYS KNOW THE TRUTH BUT ARE TOO SCARED TO SPEAK OUT.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 11:18pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ talknafree
u got it all wrong.
I neither seek nor need any attention here.
I insulted nobody.
Thanks.
talknafree:

kiss his bosses a$$es.
well,   cool cool by me.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by xreal: 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2010
talknafree:

(probably a teller or some fustrated marketer /sales person)
its a job - at least.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 9:28am On Nov 10, 2010
Thanks, @talknafree. well, I have commenced account opening process with another bank. Soon they will see me no more. I know they don't care but I'll be saved of all these attrocities.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2010
When I say anything is possible in GTB it is possible,If u have been following this thread u know I complained about the way and manner of which GTB debited my account for naira master card without my consent. Now can you imagine they have debited my account again for the same card when I am yet to collect the first one again. Haba! Is this not 1st degree fraud. Here below is a mail I sent to GTB:
Good morning,
I got an sms alert yesterday night at 23:02 hours saying that my account has been debited by N1,000:00 (one thousand naira only) for the replacement of cashplus card with a chip and pin card.
Below is a copy of the text message:
"Transaction Notification: NGN1000.00 DR (STANDING INSTRUCTION-REPLACEMENT OF CASHPLUS WITH MC CHIP AND PIN) on 202/******/1/59/0. Your balance is NGN1059503.01".
You will recall that I was debited for the same purpose on the 31st of August 2010. Up till now I have not gone to pick up my card because personally I believe there is too may fraud on you atm . Also you will recall I complained to your bank through emails about the way and manner my account was debited.
I will want you before 12noon today (11th of Nov. 2010) to explain
1. Why am I being debited again
2. Refund me my N1000
Also I want a letter of apology signed and sent to my address before the expiration of three working days from today.

My account number is 2022****1590

Thank you
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:49am On Nov 11, 2010
For those dat can't remember my thread on gtb please click the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510215.99999.html#bot
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 7:18am On Nov 11, 2010
I sent this mail to GTB complaint desk this morning. The last card I was debited for on yhe 31st of august I have not gone to collect it talkless of using it and I am being debited again on the 10th of November less than 3months
Re: Bad Service At GTB by madejibo: 6:40pm On Nov 11, 2010
GTB has refunded me my 1000 naira but I still demand an explanation and an apology letter. So if I no shout my 1k would have just gone like dat. HA! GTB really disappointed
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:11am On Nov 12, 2010
@majedibo

So, finally our thread is yielding results. They must have called a serious conference over N1,000. Stupid bank! Imagine N1,000 from N15 million customers. That's N15 billion. That's the kind of profit GTB boasts of. Whatever happened to regulation.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
any news about this bank again? are they waking up? the last time I checked they are still sleeping.
Re: Bad Service At GTB by Buzman: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2010
where is xreal and his agents?
Re: Bad Service At GTB by jamace(m): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2010
GTB, wake up!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by asamuel: 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2010
GTB in a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bad Service At GTB by toyemz(f): 5:03am On Jan 20, 2011
wow
thank you guys for this thread!
Talking about 'a stitch is time saving 9? in this instance its a huge 10!!
I was just about to open up a business domiciliary account with GTB ( based on past glowing reviews)
when I opened up this thread and received a thunderbolt!

while i cant substantiate the claims of several of the bank's older customers as proof and evidence
I [b]can[/b]ascertain and deduce from the actions of xreal(if in reality he has no business with GTB,they should take him to court)
His altitude stinks to high heavens and if he alone is the face and voice of GTB,I have no desire to even meet the next one.

@xreal: talk of customer service,you are appalling and simply a disgrace sir!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See This Modern 3 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design/drawing/building Plan / Saharareports: US Govt Fines UBA $15m? / Taxify Operations In Ibadan. (Drivers And Partners). Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.