Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? (55854 Views)

Your Dad Built No Hospital: Falz Knocks El-Rufai Who Mocked Him For UK Surgery / Man Who Knelt Down Before Atiku Abubakar Bashed Online / Pastor Tunde Bakare And El-Rufai Visit Sanusi In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Yankee101: 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
What would you gain if you sold your soul, got the whole world but lost that same soul?
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by jadeliyi(m): 2:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
the senario are 3 different thing
el rufai can do anything to cling power its game theory in political science (ask political scientist) jonathan did that to lots of traditional rulers in 2015.
the Prime Minister she is the head of government with the power of both the executive and legislature the prince is just a traditional ruler which has no meaning or mark in the polity of the uk
the last one is so bad the three arm of government are independent and seprate when a leader of an arm sadude with the responsibility to check and balance. the is 'respecting' one that is bad
the principle of separation of power does not make any of the arm of government greater than the other but, all are the same level.
i rest my case.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by maxman007(m): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brightology2:
Let me start from the bottom, hell rufai is a demon, he can do anything to cling into power, and when he finally get there, he begins to unleash his demonic agent on the people.

The second picture which is between the prime minister and the Prince. that's the true show of respect to the royal throne as it ought to be.

And the first one arrrrhhhh,is not good for democracy seeing a DSP doing such to the president, put sentiment aside now and reason even with common sense.

Case closed.thank u.

This guy is the king of all hypocrites in Nigeria. Nobody, born of a woman, can dethrone you. Kudos!
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by castro316: 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Abdulazeez99:
Nigerian web users have dug out this photo of UK Prime Minister, Theresa May, curtsying to Prince William. The photo is being shared online after the new Deputy senate president received serious bashing for kneeling before Buhari on Tuesday, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Nigerians have been divided since the photo of Omo-Agege kneeling before President Buhari surfaced online. There are arguments that if Theresa May could show this level of respect to the Prince, even as prime minister, then there is nothing wrong in the Deputy Senate President kneeling before President Buhari.

Reno Omokri via his Twitter handle, argued that the Deputy Senate President is in the arm of government that is meant to check the activities of the executive.

According to Reno, when a person with such an important role kneels before the President, he may not have the courage to stand up against any decision made by him.

Some web users have also shared the photo above showing Kaduna state Governor, Nasir El-Rufai kneeling before President Buhari and argued that it is just a sign of respect.

Others have stated that Gov. El rufai isn’t in the legislative arm of the government unlike Deputy Senate President Ovie Omo-Agege.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/773996/trending-debate-between-theresa-may-dsp-omo-agege-and-gov-el-rufai-who-knelt-better/

Did you actually go to school? It is sad that you don't know that for a senate president to kneel before a president is a slap to our image as a nation. The president should be struggling to be their friends and not the other way round. We should be covering our heads I shame and not brig it here.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Brightology2(m): 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
maxman007:

This guy is the king of all hypocrites in Nigeria. Nobody, born of a woman, can dethrone you. Kudos!
counter my comment else suit yourself. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Codes151(m): 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2019
obailala:

Another way to look at it is this.

Theresa May (62) knelt down to greet a 36 year old prince.
Verdict = He's part of the royals

El Rufai and Omo Agege knelt down to greet someone who's not just about 20 year older than them, but is also the president and emperor in chief of Nigeria.
Verdict = In Africa, we respect elders, especially elders with influence. Besides in Urhobo culture where Omo Agege is from, the Urhobo greeting 'Migwo' literally translates as " I am on my knees". So anyone angry with Omo Agege for practice his culture (or choosing where to practice his culture) should take a chill pill.
thats a prince! Even Buhari kneels to speak to a monarch!!! That’s not necessary

1 Like

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Psoul(m): 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2019
Those that bow that way either runaway from office or continue in that office without doing well.
Ask Theresa May.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Hayzead07(m): 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2019
stephleena:
That's the usual way Theresa greets the senior royals..

El-rufai,is a midget so going close to the ground is natural..

But Omo-agege a full grown southern man, did it in style, beautifully and gorgeously stupid.
buh u use style get bad mouth��
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by obailala(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2019
Codes151:
thats a prince! Even Buhari kneels to speak to a monarch!!! That’s not necessary
Theresa May isn't the first person to greet a prince, other British people, both within and outside government greet even the queen herself without having to kneel down. There is no law in the UK saying you have to kneel to greet the queen, let alone her grand son. Theresa chooses to kneel out of her own personal will; so if you see nothing wrong with that, what exactly is your problem with El Rufai or Omo Agege who both come from cultural backgrounds where people kneel to greet elders? COuld this just be black man mentality (i.e. self hate)?

2 Likes

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by aparty2noparty: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Any body who bent his or her kneels for his or her fellow human is a slave
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by PapaAdanna: 3:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
zinizta:

if i type "your father na mumu okoro illiterate" dem go ban me....so i refrain from typing so...

Dirty afonja slave is here
OK u are noticed
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by OLORIPAPA: 3:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Go and die...if u know u know.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Bimpe29: 3:46pm On Jun 13, 2019
All of the above were wrong and condemnable.

Brightology2:
Let me start from the bottom, hell rufai is a demon, he can do anything to cling into power, and when he finally get there, he begins to unleash his demonic agent on the people.

The second picture which is between the prime minister and the Prince. that's the true show of respect to the royal throne as it ought to be.

And the first one arrrrhhhh,is not good for democracy seeing a DSP doing such to the president, put sentiment aside now and reason even with common sense.

Case closed.thank u.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by springtech(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brightology2:

Case closed.thank u.

This is my definition of double standard & hypocrisy.

#Dictionary.com, take note please.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by elyte(m): 4:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
After reading comments here, I want to ask. Is there any law to force UK people to kneel to greet the royals. I have seen past UK PMs Blair, Cameron, Browns greeted the queen. They only bowed. Never seen them kneeling like Theresa. I don't support Agege bread or what do they call him but the condemnation from the people is just too much.

Back off people
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by TemmyT002(m): 4:51pm On Jun 13, 2019
Mtchewww
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by zinizta: 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
PapaAdanna:

Dirty afonja slave is here
OK u are noticed

fair enough... at least you are not mud-slinging at someone who is old enough to be your father's father... call me names i won't mind- in fact i enjoy it...
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by MrBONE2(m): 5:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
Obere4u:

Most blacks are hypocrites and they suffer from mental slavery

Except Africans grin

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by gr8tone: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2019
Elrufai own is Hypocritical
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by azimibraun: 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
obailala:

Another way to look at it is this.

Theresa May (62) knelt down to greet a 36 year old prince.
Verdict = He's part of the royals

El Rufai and Omo Agege knelt down to greet someone who's not just about 20 year older than them, but is also the president and emperor in chief of Nigeria.
Verdict = In Africa, we respect elders, especially elders with influence. Besides in Urhobo culture where Omo Agege is from, the Urhobo greeting 'Migwo' literally translates as " I am on my knees". So anyone angry with Omo Agege for practicing his culture should go and sleep.

My fear now is for the person that will risk saying anything further than you have said. That person whether in support of you or against you may end up embarrassing his or herself. I bow for your view. You have said it ALL Gbam!!!!
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by PapaAdanna: 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
zinizta:

fair enough... at least you are not mud-slinging at someone who is old enough to be your father's father... call me names i won't mind- in fact i enjoy it...

Forget it, you are an afonja and we know y'all betrayers and backstabber

Despite ur genuflecting and rolling on the floor, we always watch our back while doing anything with you

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by lazborn(m): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
Officialgarri:

It's a must do because she's white shay? But when black man practices his own tradition, then it becomes abnormal
dont mind dem
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Edijana2015(m): 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2019
Loyalty not doubt.
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2019
Officialgarri:

It's a must do because she's white shay? But when black man practices his own tradition, then it becomes abnormal
If you're talking abt tradition, your argument is defeated. May and the prince are British with the same tradition. Omo-agege on the other hand is urhobo while buhari is Fulani. Fulani don't prostrate or kneel to greet elders. For urhobo I'm not sure they do so either. El-Rufai is just ass-licking dasoll
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2019
stephleena:
That's the usual way Theresa greets the senior royals..

[/b]El-rufai,is a midget so going close to the ground is natural..[b]

But Omo-agege a full grown southern man, did it in style, beautifully and gorgeously stupid.
grin grin grin
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by Basher8583: 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brightology2:

Case closed.thank u.

Slave... Colonization is still in your blood.

Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by ridbell01(m): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
Brightology2:

Case closed.thank u.
your comment show that you have mucous in your brain.. You just composed to discredit your fellow Nigerians cuz of defeat you and your party are suffering from since while glorifying the white the you know nothing about.i feel your pain sha but you still have 12 more years to wail
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by zinizta: 9:07am On Jun 14, 2019
PapaAdanna:

Forget it, you are an afonja and we know y'all betrayers and backstabber

Despite ur genuflecting and rolling on the floor, we always watch our back while doing anything with you

*whistling 112 feat the notorious B.I.G - only you*

the herb i quoted above thinks the Almighty put me here to attend to the BS he posts on Nairaland.... get a life!!!!! would you?
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by 9jaRealist: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2019
Officialgarri:

Obere4u:

Most blacks are hypocrites and they suffer from mental slavery

Actually, the “mental slavery” is digging up a picture of a white woman to justify Omo-Agege’s groveling behavior... undecided
>
Re: Theresa May, Omo-agege And El-Rufai: Who Knelt Best? by 9jaRealist: 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2019
DISGUSTING SUBSERVIENT GROVELING... angry

The OP can dig up a thousand pictures showing white people courtesying to their royals (not sure why he/she felt the need to go all the way to Britain, when we Nigerians/Africans regularly courtesy to our own royals/ traditional rulers - other than colo-mentality). But I bet that he cannot post just ONE single picture of an elected Senator/Legislator in an advanced democracy kneeling for an elected President. NOT ONE!!
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Mobbed By Supporters As He Returns To Ekiti State. Photos / Gbajabiamila Visits Family Of Vendor Shot By His Security Aide / Boko Haram Takes Over Kukawa, Borno, Kills Many, Hoists Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.