Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose (29680 Views)

Femi Adesina Posts Cryptic 'reaction' To Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Atiku / Reno Omokri Reacts To Obasanjo Endorsing Atiku / Frame-up: Atiku Reacts To Obasanjo’s Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Ezyjo: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice talk for d first!!! So u get sense like this?? I ����

1 Like

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Ezyjo: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Nice talk for d first time!!! So u get sense like this?? I ����
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Samyyorn5050: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
The south west are really happy with this June 12.

They have been settled, we don't want any noise from them.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Stillthebest: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
checkedout:

Obj is his sworn enemy

And he's always hailed him whenever he considers an effort to be a good one. Yet he still hates him.

1 Like

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Fayose is so right and this is what is going on through the mind of 98% real yoruba not Bastards trying to find sense of belonging...Buhari just dealt a political knockout to Obasanjo...with just this action Obasanjo can never find his voice in national polity using the Yoruba medium again. Since he's got no base within his own kinsmen then who's going to allow Obasanjo ? Nobody. Now anybody Obasanjo just endorse like this is an automatic failure since he will be viewed as a betrayer to the Yorubas dream. He's last shot of using fulanization doesn't work again..Obasanjo and the 4 general political death starts now

Ure correct bt not exactly because while Buhari gets commendation for this agreed it’s still a well known fact he did it for political mileage reasons with Yorubas and not becos he loved or even believes in what mko did even tinubu has been called out as also not a hero of democracy day by kola Abiola.

Obasanjo still has sm political ground to speak because of the not so sincere way Buhari did this.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by rusher14: 3:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

Ure correct bt not exactly because while Buhari gets commendation for this agreed it’s still a well known fact he did it for political mileage reasons with Yorubas and not becos he loved or even believes in what mko did even tinubu has been called out as also not a hero of democracy day by kola Abiola.

Obasanjo still has sm political ground to speak because of the not so sincere way Buhari did this.

What is insincere about it?

Is Buhari running for office again?

When he started making moves to honour Abiola, many of you said it was because of the elections.

Elections are over, yet he's forged on with his promise.

He paid Biafra soldiers, you said it was insincerity, he paid Nigeria Airways retirees, it was insincerity, he completed Zik's Mausoleum again that was insincerity.

Work is going on on the 2nd Niger bridge, once again, many of you claim it is with insincerity.

Perhaps all the other leaders were forgetting with sincerity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by adekolaelect(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Exempted:
Fayose i no understand u these days ooo

Seems you want to swap party cos u've been hailing Buhari of late
Yorubas are wise we can't say because we are in opposition we should not say if things are good or bad.we always recognise value we can't be blinded to the truth just because of politics .

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by adekolaelect(m): 3:53pm On Jun 13, 2019
rusher14:

When he started making moves to honour Abiola, many of you said it was because of the election's.

He paid Biafra soldiers, you said it was insincerity, he paid Nigeria Airways retirees, it was insincerity, he completed Zik's Mausoleum again that was insincerity.

Work is going on on the 2nd Niger bridge, once again, many of you claim it is with insincerity.

You shall not die young .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 3:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
rusher14:

When he started making moves to honour Abiola, many of you said it was because of the elections.

I don’t understand what Ure talking about. He did every damn thing leading up to his election. It known worldwide that it was a re-election strategy and we applaud him for his ingenuity. Why wud he do it and then reverse it after his election when he’s not crazy, who does that? Pls say Smtn else.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by rusher14: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

I don’t understand what Ure talking about. He did every damn thing leading up to his election. It known worldwide that it was a re-election strategy and we applaud him for it. Why wud he do it and then reverse it after his election when he’s not crazy, who does that? Pls say Smtn else.

Some of you see incorrigible.

If you are a father, are you loving your children out of sincerity or because of what you expect from them in future?

There are people who have a conviction in life.
Perhaps you don't fall in that category.

Perhaps you only do things in your personal life with the anticipation of what you might get in return.

Not everyone is like you.

4 Likes

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 4:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
rusher14:

Some of you see incorrigible.

If you are a father, are you loving your children out of sincerity or because of what you expect from them in future?

There are people who have a conviction in life.
Perhaps you don't fall in that category.

Perhaps you only do things in your personal life with the anticipation of what you might get in return.

Not everyone is like you.

I laugh in Swahili @conviction is life not becos it not good bt the timing of an issue matters when talking about conviction on anything.

If a dad shows up after his son win a lottery and claims it his biological son u will say it when he had the conviction to be his dad right?

Buhari need support for his election ahead and all of it was well calculated to get necessary sentiments and every intelligent person knows bt we applaud him anyways. Timing is key here.

Let’s not talk about his making up with tinubu also. The use and dump situation.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 13, 2019
Obj is still Nigeria's greatest and best President, but yes on this point, he let his ego get the better of him.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by rusher14: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

I laugh in Swahili @conviction is life not becos it not good bt the timing of an issue matters when talking about conviction on anything.

If a dad shows up after his son win a lottery and claims it his biological son u will say it when he had the conviction to be his dad right?

Buhari need support for his election ahead and all of it was well calculated to get necessary sentiments and every intelligent person knows bt we applaud him anyways. Timing is key here.

Let’s not talk about his making up with tinubu also. The use and dump situation.

Just as you know his purpose is not sincere is how I know your purpose of writing on this topic is not sincere.

After all, we are all mind readers.

5 Likes

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by olajizz01(m): 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2019
PStacks:
Even your worst enemies would praise u when u are on point.
Very true

1 Like

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
Bro don’t fake it...kola don’t really understand as it goes...the motive doesn’t matters ..all that matters is he did the right thing
jaxxy:

1 Like

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
rusher14:

Just as you know his purpose is not sincere is how I know your purpose of writing on this topic is not sincere.

After all, we are all mind readers.

I stated my facts and reasons for saying so. I didn’t state it because Buhari is incapable of being sincere as a person. The timing like I said is key in many things. I’m sure if Jonathan did all dis towards his re election u will call him out as an Apc supporter bt guess what I will also call him out or atleast admit the truth cos I’m largely non partisan unlike u.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Bro don’t fake it...kola don’t really understand as it goes...the motive doesn’t matters ..all that matters is he did the right thing

And that’s why we commend Buhari even tho he was close to abacha bt obasanjo can still pull a technicality on him tho based on many issues arround june 12 and it’s legacy.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Billionaire09: 4:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
blackaxe78:

grin grin grin

Confusion don hit them

They are still wondering what to say.

Immunity expired.

So fayose cannot kill himself for Yoruba freedom.

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by rusher14: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

I stated my facts and reasons for saying so. I didn’t state it because Buhari is incapable of being sincere as a person. The timing like I said is key in many things. I’m sure if Jonathan did all dis towards his re election u will call him out as an Apc supporter bt guess what I will also call him out or atleast admit the truth cos I’m largely non partisan unlike u.

Obasanjo had 2 terms but made no attempt.

We have no idea if Yar'adua would have done the same but he didn't.

Jonathan had 5 years and a bit to do the same, yet he didn't.

Doubting the sincerity of one who did is quite an unfortunate thing to to do.

3 Likes

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Bulusc: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
Fake news
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2019
jaxxy:

And that’s why we commend Buhari even tho he was close to abacha bt obasanjo can still pull a technicality on him tho based on many issues arround june 12 and it’s legacy.
Obasanjo has been sent to political death with that. Ask Ajimobi and his APM candidate. Obasanjo can only give advice...he's now in the league of gowon .na political blow them give am ...nothing wey Obasanjo fit talk for Yoruba now wey Dem go listen to am again because now yoruba consider Obasanjo as a bastards(though it's been long but Buhari just put national seal on top am)...he didn't make us proud atall

2 Likes

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 4:59pm On Jun 13, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Obasanjo has been sent to political death with that. Ask Ajimobi and his APM candidate. Obasanjo can only give advice...he's now in the league of gowon .na political blow them give am ...nothing wey Obasanjo fit talk for Yoruba now wey Dem go listen to am again because now yoruba consider Obasanjo as a bastards(though it's been long but Buhari just put national seal on top am)...he didn't make us proud atall

Before u call a great man both in Nigeria and internationally such name ask for his reason. Obasanjo will always be relevant in this country. History, knowledge and capability Favours him more than anyone else.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2019
Lol
Even Atiku obasanjo supported lost. What influence does Obasanjo have in Ogun ? Osoba cabal is the real man there . Obasanjo is just like an elder state man like junaid and co..no real value on the political field. Tinubu is a real politician Obasanjo is just an opportunist.Unlike Tinubu who worked his way where he is now..these are the men who has a say in Yoruba now not obasanjo. He’s reaping what he sows .No electoral value and all
jaxxy:

Before u call a great man both in Nigeria and internationally such name ask for his reason. Obasanjo will always be relevant in this country. History, knowledge and capability Favours him more than anyone else.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Reference(m): 5:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
If only Fayose knew the relationship between the late MKO and Obasanjo... and the late HOS, Murtala Mohammed he will probably understand why these things be.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Lol
Even Atiku obasanjo supported lost. What influence does Obasanjo have in Ogun ? Osoba cabal is the real man there . Obasanjo is just like an elder state man like junaid and co..no real value on the political field. Tinubu is a real politician Obasanjo is just an opportunist.Unlike Tinubu who worked his way where he is now..these are the men who has a say in Yoruba now not obasanjo. He’s reaping what he sows .No electoral value and all

Lol Buhari won bt like I tell people he cannot defend that in court tribunal as he will be indicting himself automatically. How did he win is the real question here. wink

Obasanjo is still very relevant and he has not changed his position on what he believes is the truth unless he see genuine reasons to do so.

Tinubu who I even called a hero of june 12 b4 only for kola Abiola to confirm my instincts and suspicion that he was just an opportunist. The person who made tinubu still relevant today is fashola successors to tinubu and his performance in Lagos. Tinubu wud have been exiled.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Are you telling us there is nobody who could perform more better than Fashola during that time?
jaxxy:

Lol Buhari won bt like I tell people he cannot defend that in court tribunal as he will be indicting himself automatically. How did he win is the real question here. wink

Obasanjo is still very relevant and he has not changed his position on what he believes is the truth unless he see genuine reasons to do so.

Tinubu who I even called a hero of june 12 b4 only for kola Abiola to confirm my instincts and suspicion that he was just an opportunist. The person who made tinubu still relevant today is fashola successors to tinubu and his performance in Lagos. Tinubu wud have been exiled.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by ttaluko(m): 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
true talk jaree Fayooo
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by jaxxy(m): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
WiLdFLame:
Are you telling us there is nobody who could perform more better than Fashola during that time?

That u and I and probably tinubu knew of? Nobody! Fashola wasn’t ordinary especially his 1st term. I will always respect him for that. He was a serious workaholic.
Re: June 12: Honouring MKO Abiola By Buhari Is To Obasanjo's Shame - Fayose by Jones4190(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
BOOM
IBB was Abiola's Best Friend in the Military. His son was also in love with with IBB's daughter, they were going to get married! Abiola sponsored, financially, the Coup that brought in IBB and removed Buhari because IBB fooled everyone including Awolowo family and friends that Buhari was a wicked man... IBB was the 3rd Most Powerful man in GMB Government.... He was the Chief of Army Staff, he was the one who ordered the military to ransack Awolowo's Home and told Awolowo that GMB gave the directive, Taciturn GMB failed woefully to defend himself, like he has always been, GMB does not talk..... Unfortunately for everyone, IBB was a death warrant for everyone including the Journalists and Human Right Activists who wrote and talked GMB out of power... And IBB came on board!!!!
IBB destroyed the Press. It was his tenure that introduced Bomb Letter to Nigeria Politics, and the Target was the Press. Dele Giwa a foremost Journalist was killed in his dining while he was eating with Kayode Soyinka who narrowly escaped death!!! Corruption was institutionalized and many people disappeared without a trace... Yet, IBB always appeared on TV with a glowing smile as if all was well.
And Abiola became a critic of his friend, all of a sudden. Abiola was mad when IBB closed down UNILAG for 1 year, he described IBB government as ridiculous and dictatorial....
Abiola, despite several warnings from his late wife and Sheik Adams in Agege (of blessed memory), decided to go into full politics instead of sponsoring people to power who turned out to be a disaster. He said under his government no Nigerian would go to bed on empty stomach!!!! FAREWELL TO POVERTY he called his Manifesto.
Abiola ran a fantastic campaign, he went to all parts of Nigeria, met with all groups, all organizations. Nigerians responded by voting overwhelmingly for him. Remove the SW votes from the entire votes, Abiola won, remove the entire Southern votes and count only the North Votes or Vice versa , Abiola won. On June 12 1993, rain didn't fall at any part of Nigeria. It was the freest, fairest and most peaceful, most credible election in African Continent!!!
Sikiru Ayinde Barrister sang "Hausa cast his vote for Abiola, Igbo cast his vote for Abiola, Yoruba cast his vote for Abiola but instead of giving Moshood his Mandate to fix Nigeria for us, it is the grammar of Annulment that came to the world..."
IBB, Buhari’s Chief of Army Staff and Abiola's Bossom Friend and Would be in-law who Abiola helped to oust Buhari, made a National Broadcast on June 23, 1993 where he said the Armed Forces Ruling Council under him has annulled June 12 Election and MKO Abiola has been banned from politics!!!!
Abiola struggled to retrieve his mandate until he was killed in a custody inside Aso Rock under the Government of Abdulsalami Abubakar in 1998!!! 17 years after, the same PMB came to power in what looks like a Divine Destiny that God has determined not allow anyone truncate... That is why Yoruba said "The World cannot Change Destiny but they can only delay it..."!!!!
20 years after Abiola's death, President Muhammadu Buhari conferred the Highest Honor in the land(GCFR) reserved for Presidents on MKO Abiola, he didn't stop there, he proclaimed June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria!!! Unprecedented in our history especially in a country where Vindictiveness is a way of life. I've never seen any African leader, apart from Nelson Mandela, who forgive his enemies at a time when the power of revenge is in his kitty!!! I was at that event, I wept. Soyinka was fighting tears..... Hafsat Abiola stood up on behalf of MKO Family to openly apologize for whatever sin his dad must have committed against Buhari. At that time, PMB was beginning to fight tears too!!!
President Muhammadu Buhari, God that sees your heart and gave you victory over the monsters and evil men who think Nigeria is their personal property, that same GOD will be with you until you take Nigeria to the promised land!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APM Uses Peter Obi's Picture For Campaign In Rivers State / God Told Me Not To Join Buhari's Govt Until After 2 Years- Tunde Bakare / Umar Ganduje Attends Ofala Festival Of Ukpo Dumukofia (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.