Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells (37270 Views)

"Cure your visible ignorance": INEC tells Nigerians abusing Yakubu / 2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Akpan107(m): 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
SillyMods:

Which figures in card reader?

Card reader was only used to read the voters card for accreditation and not for voting.
The Card Reader collected total numbers of accredited voters and sent to INEC central server.

The total number of accredited voters according to the server was 38 millions accredited voters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Dre555: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2019
Atiku and his lawyers don smoke oshogbo and kwale weed combined

4 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Michael1905(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
TRIGITIS:
Atiku should take over from nnamdi kanu and stop distracting our president undecided

Atiku will never be the president of Nigeria, he can only be the president of ipob.

You don't have to show the entire world how naive you could when dealing with issue that call for sophisticated people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by thatigboman: 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2019
Zombies are senseless. The biometric information INEC collected from voters during registration, where are they stored?
The voters data that INEC configures on the smart card readers, where are they gotten from?
The Corpers that conducted the elections said they were trained on how to transmit the election results electronically, which they did.
So what is the argument?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Anietie1: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
TRIGITIS:
Atiku should take over from nnamdi kanu and stop distracting our president undecided

Atiku will never be the president of Nigeria, he can only be the president of ipob.

Where's your brain? ?

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Theboss100(m): 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
rusher14:

Quaker oats abi?
grin
This Matter Is Serious. I Think INEC Is Hiding Something

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by espeeroke: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
BUHARIG: Serial democracy truncator....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by israelmao(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
How would you be able to produce server you have changed or replaced nation-wide when Atiku filed suit against your master early this year?Yakubu has descended into total disrepute worldwide inspite of his intellectual capacity and acumen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by jrusky(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2019
INEC!!! Are you guys alright but we're you not the one that said INEC now used server Or I'm I sleeping or what

Or snake has swallowed your server INEC has spoilt the whole matter finally for Buhari.

I can't belief this. So INEC no longer has server now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Funaki: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
tunjiajayi:

Please get your facts right, they were solely to verify authencity of PVCs for the verification process.

Results were manually collated and transmitted.

Besides the electoral law even as ammended has not approved electronic voting.

You can verify this.

I was there, twice. They gave two login details for the card readers. The first was for general voting, the second for e-collation. They gave the latter to only the P.Os. And the e-collation was done at the collation centers after the elections by the P.Os of each polling units. I don't know where they sent the result. But they said they're sending it to "server". I was at Ado-Ekiti INEC office till Sunday afternoon for both elections. So it's not hearsay. I don't know if server exist or not. But they sent the electronic result somewhere.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Prudent5217: 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2019
SillyMods:

Card reader was only used to read the voters card for accreditation and not for voting.

I was a PO during this past election there is something we call e-collation which every Po does after close of vote you input all the total votes for each party matching the total number of voters and accredited voters on the card reader and Send and this info goes directly to the INEC server and point to note you cannot collate without the internet so INEC saying they got no server is funny

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Jac007(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
jamace:
INEC Statement On Card Reader Demonstration

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, 09th March 2015, met to consider field reports from the public demonstration of Smart Card Readers (SCRs) conducted in 12 states on Saturday, March 07th 2015. The states were Rivers and Delta (South-South), Kano and Kebbi (North-West), Anambra and Ebonyi (South East), Ekiti and Lagos (South West), Bauchi and Taraba (North East) as well as Niger and Nasarawa (North Central).

The Commission observed that its decision to deploy SCRs for the 2015 general elections have FOUR main objectives, namely:

(i) To verify Permanent Voter cards (PVCs) presented by voters at polling units and ensure that they are genuine, INEC-issued (not cloned) cards. From the reports on Saturday’s exercise, this objective was achieved 100 per cent.

(ii) To biometrically authenticate the person who presents a PVC at the polling unit and ensure that he/she is the legitimate holder of the card. In this regard, there were a few issues in some states during the public demonstration. Overall, 59% of voters who turned out for the demonstration had their fingerprints successfully authenticated. But the Commission, in agreement with registered political parties, had provided in the approved Guidelines for the conduct of the 2015 elections that where biometric authentication of a legitimate holder of a genuine PVC becomes challenging, there could be physical authentication of the person and completion of an Incident Form, to allow the person to vote.

(iii) The SCRs provide disaggregated data of accredited voters in male/female and elderly/youth categories – a disaggregation that is vital for research and planning purposes, but which INEC until now had been unable to achieve. The demonstration on Saturday fully served this objective.

(iv) The Smart Card Reader sends the data of all accredited voters to INEC’s central server, equipping the Commission to be able to audit figures subsequently filed by polling officials at the PU and, thereby, be able to determine if fraudulent alterations were made. The public demonstration also succeeded wholly in this regard.

The Commission nevertheless took a serious view of the high rate of the SCRs’ failure to authenticate voters’ fingerprints in some areas, particularly in Ebonyi State, and has decided to thoroughly investigate the cause; as well as repeat the public demonstration in that state. This demonstration will be conducted in the particular Registration Area involved in the last exercise, namely Izzi Unuhu (Abakaliki Local Government Area); as well as in Ibii/Oziza Registration Area (Afikpo North LGA). The repeat demonstration will be on Saturday, March 14th2015.

INEC is satisfied that the use of SCRs in the 2015 general elections will add tremendous transparency and credibility to the accreditation process on Election Day. The Commission hereby reassures the public that it will do everything necessary to ensure that the processes of the elections are seamless, free, fair, credible and peaceful.

Kayode Robert Idowu

Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman

10th March 2015.

Source: https://inecnigeria.org/news-all/inec-statement-on-card-reader-demonstration/

Conclusion: Smart Card readers work with the INEC server. Without central server, the smart card readers will not function and will be useless.
If the 2019 presidential elections was conducted with smart card readers then there is a server. In addition, I recall that INEC budgeted the sum of N220million for INEC server maintenance during the 2019 elections which was duly approved by the FG. So, INEC where is your server?

God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Akpan107(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2019
NOC1:

did you vote electronically?
you voted manually and your results were transmitted and collated manually.
APC Asks DSS To Investigate PDP Over
'Illegal Access' To ...
saharareporters.com › 2019/03/25 › apc-...
25 Mar 2019 · Keyamo accused the PDP of
hacking into the INEC server and inputing
false figures.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Billy0naire(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
From all indications, INEC is a department in APC.

And I am sure when PDP wins the next Election, INEC will also become a Department in PDP.

The Cabal is so determined that they are prepared to destroy democratic institutions to implement a covet conquest vision.

Those who think this is about INEC and APC should think deeper. INEC and APC, as well as CBN and NNPC are just vehicles needed by the Cabal to implement their Game Plan. We all know that Buhari stood no chance in that election.

I can not be deceived. I am fully prepared, I just hope the masses are.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by tfelicityk(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
They asking for the sever they created for INEC...

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 9:33pm On Jun 13, 2019
NOC1:

barawo

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Funaki: 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2019
dehi:
oga I was an APO1... Presiding officers where mandated by INEC to transfer or transmit results through the card reader.... INEC is Harding something

thank you!!! I didn't know that people weren't aware that the results were also sent electronically.
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by thatigboman: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Funaki:

I was there, twice. They gave two login details for the card readers. The first was for general voting, the second for e-collation. They gave the latter to only the P.Os. And the e-collation was done at the collation centers after the elections by the P.Os of each polling units. I don't know where they sent the result. But they said they're sending it to "server". I was at Ado-Ekiti INEC office till Sunday afternoon for both elections. So it's not hearsay. I don't know if server exist or not. But they sent the electronic result somewhere.
it existed

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by m140(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
Them go see am
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by ensamy(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2019
jamace:
INEC Statement On Card Reader Demonstration

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, 09th March 2015, met to consider field reports from the public demonstration of Smart Card Readers (SCRs) conducted in 12 states on Saturday, March 07th 2015. The states were Rivers and Delta (South-South), Kano and Kebbi (North-West), Anambra and Ebonyi (South East), Ekiti and Lagos (South West), Bauchi and Taraba (North East) as well as Niger and Nasarawa (North Central).

The Commission observed that its decision to deploy SCRs for the 2015 general elections have FOUR main objectives, namely:

(i) To verify Permanent Voter cards (PVCs) presented by voters at polling units and ensure that they are genuine, INEC-issued (not cloned) cards. From the reports on Saturday’s exercise, this objective was achieved 100 per cent.

(ii) To biometrically authenticate the person who presents a PVC at the polling unit and ensure that he/she is the legitimate holder of the card. In this regard, there were a few issues in some states during the public demonstration. Overall, 59% of voters who turned out for the demonstration had their fingerprints successfully authenticated. But the Commission, in agreement with registered political parties, had provided in the approved Guidelines for the conduct of the 2015 elections that where biometric authentication of a legitimate holder of a genuine PVC becomes challenging, there could be physical authentication of the person and completion of an Incident Form, to allow the person to vote.

(iii) The SCRs provide disaggregated data of accredited voters in male/female and elderly/youth categories – a disaggregation that is vital for research and planning purposes, but which INEC until now had been unable to achieve. The demonstration on Saturday fully served this objective.

(iv) The Smart Card Reader sends the data of all accredited voters to INEC’s central server, equipping the Commission to be able to audit figures subsequently filed by polling officials at the PU and, thereby, be able to determine if fraudulent alterations were made. The public demonstration also succeeded wholly in this regard.

The Commission nevertheless took a serious view of the high rate of the SCRs’ failure to authenticate voters’ fingerprints in some areas, particularly in Ebonyi State, and has decided to thoroughly investigate the cause; as well as repeat the public demonstration in that state. This demonstration will be conducted in the particular Registration Area involved in the last exercise, namely Izzi Unuhu (Abakaliki Local Government Area); as well as in Ibii/Oziza Registration Area (Afikpo North LGA). The repeat demonstration will be on Saturday, March 14th2015.

INEC is satisfied that the use of SCRs in the 2015 general elections will add tremendous transparency and credibility to the accreditation process on Election Day. The Commission hereby reassures the public that it will do everything necessary to ensure that the processes of the elections are seamless, free, fair, credible and peaceful.

Kayode Robert Idowu

Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman

10th March 2015.

Source: https://inecnigeria.org/news-all/inec-statement-on-card-reader-demonstration/

Conclusion: Smart Card readers work with the INEC server. Without central server, the smart card readers will not function and will be useless.
If the 2019 presidential elections was conducted with smart card readers then there is a server. In addition, I recall that INEC budgeted the sum of N220million for INEC server maintenance during the 2019 elections which was duly approved by the FG. So, INEC where is your server?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by tomju(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
Can i shock you? Let us assume that really INEC conducted elections and so transmitted it electronically-It cannot hold in court. Why? The court relies on the Law-that law is the electoral law. It forbids electronic transmission of results for now. Only manual collation is accepted and approved. The lawyers are just "testing the waters" and chopping Atiku's money! Can you build a house on nothing? No foundation? The electoral law is clear and free from ambiguity. That petition cannot win. The framers missed the crux of the matter!. I feel they should have insisted on forensic examination of the collated manual results sheets and looked for errors there. All these unique MAC ID etc na story. We court will never buy it. Ordinary video evidence is difficult to admit in court, not to talk about "computers servers, blah blah blah blah, make we dey watch nah. Yakubu has nothing to say other than what the INEC commissioners/witnesses has said. Let PDP go and prepare for 2023. Period. If APC fails to do well, then they will strike and win, otherwise they will continue to wail.
krendo:

This is not the time to infer

Let Prof Yakubu come and tell under oat what the laid down process for the election was and what he thinks actually happened

From there we will know next steps

Under normal circumstances INEC should be co-operating with the courts, and not defending the outcomes of the process

The only reason INEC feel a duty to defend the 2019 election result is because they were the actual riggers of the election

Professor Yakubu will go to prison for criminal conspiracy to rig the elections and pervert justice if he does not take time. He has been caught pants down and the earlier he starts Co-operating the better for him!

3 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by NOC1(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2019
dehi:
oga I was an APO1... Presiding officers where mandated by INEC to transfer or transmit results through the card reader.... INEC is Harding something

there is no result in card reader, card reader only have number of accredited voters.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by switsylver: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
NOC1:

I was acreditted electronically. Do you ran to say no server was used for the accreditation?
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by deomelo: 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/9619900_fbimg1560443602369_jpegbaad65b434b8b55cb3428d82d062f5e6

DUBAI strategists and planners aka amalgamation of mumu protectorates.

grin

2 Likes

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by julioralph(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
simonlee:
And the card readers were transmitting info to where.... space?
cheesy
Please help me ask dem oo.
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by jamace(m): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2019
aewhydot:

Mr Archives, card readers captured accredited voters and not votes along party lines. Tankyu
Where did I say that? Or you want me to say so? No, I can't be that intellectually lazy. Please, erase that imagination from your mind. Thanks.
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by NOC1(m): 9:38pm On Jun 13, 2019
switsylver:

I was acreditted electronically. Do you ran to say no server was used for the accreditation?

accreditation and voting are two different thing. when you got accredited did it show you the party you voted?

1 Like

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by Sweetnuella7: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
Unu asikwakwa
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by switsylver: 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2019
NOC1:

if results were transmitted to server, why will the returning officers fly to Abuja to announce and correct the results.
If there was no server how come the electronic machines were used for accredition?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by dehi: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
SillyMods:

oga don't argue what you don't know..... I was an APO1 in charge of card reader.... Corpers were mandated to transmit results...... Which was called E-collation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by thatigboman: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
tfelicityk:
They asking for the sever they created for INEC...
https://inecnigeria.org/news-all/inec-statement-on-card-reader-demonstration/
INEC stament on card reader. Read and stop arguing ignorantly
Re: Atiku, PDP Asking Us For Server That We Don’t Have, INEC Tells by tunjiajayi: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2019
Funaki:

Ok
You should be a witness for Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari / MEND Congratulates Buhari / APC Reps List 50 "Impeachable Offences" Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.