Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,791 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (48326 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2019
[s]
verifiablefacts:

that may be part of the interview, testing your patience
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by kaziblake(f): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
This is pure wickedness .Your friend would have gone there to confirm himself

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by kaziblake(f): 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
MVLOX:

my people will say who no go no know... true I have job am grateful for but what is the point of having a job that make u moody wen u get home.... a job that follows u even to your home and makes life unpleasant for you and your family... that's not a job again bro it's a burden...
You are so right. A job that will make you wish God shld just extend the night.. Chai!
It is not easy

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2019
Donsteve2:

Finding your dream job is an internal thing NOT EXTERNAL!
There is no dream job out there . What we have is modern day slavery just like you rightly pointed out.

WHAT IS A DREAM JOB?

To me, a dream job should be that which gives you, TIME, MoNEY and LOCATION freedom.
That is , you can choose when to work, with whom to work and where to work. At same time, it supplies you with steady streams
of income to meet your goals and aspirations in life. In such job, your income has no limit ! You are free to travel to any where you wish whenever you want and your income supply never cease. You dream job should give you fulfillment and sense of service to God and humanity!

IS THE DREAM JOB POSSIBLE ?
Yes, but but many are searching for it in the wrong place!

Friends, I don't know of any job in the corporate world that will give you such. I have searched far and wide, No one!
The only place you can find your dream job is in your mind, your heart of hearts. Your head and your spirit!
Yes! Explore it! Think ! Think !! Think !!!
You have a unique assignment and purpose to accomplish in this life.
That is why you were born in the first place. The day you find your purpose , you land your dream job!.

Search within! I don't care if you are a graduate or not! You have an innate ability or what they call talent or skill .
That is the passport to your dream job in life. Find it, explore and develop it if you don't want to remain in the corporate rat race.

How did the likes of Davido, Omotola, Alibaba, Linda Ikeji, Akin Alabi , King Sunny Ade found their dream job?
You have the answer!
Stop wasting your time in search of dream job where there is none.
Wake up ! For we are in the information age.
The knowledge economy has great respect for the value you bring to the table not your certificate.
This mean any Ade, Obi or Usman can be the wealthy king!
Discover your skills and develop them. If you don't have any, go acquire one.
Find a problem, become the solution and land your dream life.
YOUR DREAM JOB IS IN YOUR CALLING....FIND IT!
ITS IN YOU AND NO WHERE ELSE...STOP THE JOB HUNTING CRAZE!
The rule for the game have changed! YOu can be in your house and make enough to pay a bank manager and his staff?
My story is a practical case study! If I can, you can...Any one can!
I don talk finish!
Catch Yaah!!!

tell me your story, if you don't mind
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by princeade86(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
olorunwa90:

Jesus!!
Did u gate crash the coy?
Even after sending an interview invite, that's pure wickedness

Naija we hail thee
there was a day I trekked like 7 km for an interview in an hotel, due to lack of fund in me, inside hot sun of 12noon. But to my surprised, I was told the manager said that I shud come back in the evening because he is sleeping.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Tunagee(m): 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2019
What about those ones that would invite you some few hours to interview schedule for next day. As in they send you invite like 7pm, for an interview of next day 10am.
The owner of that job still dey house dey cook.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Tunagee(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2019
manmade:
Your friend ought to have proceeded to the company and see things by himself ,what if the secretary has a candidate whom she fear may not be considered because of your friend's profile ,he could have simply check on the people in the office under the pretence that he was not sure of the next date for the interview

Exactly
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Tunagee(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2019
kallmemrB:
this is very true... Lots of shits happen during job search...

I know someone that was given employment letter on a thursday, told to resume on Monday, got a call on Saturday to come with the letter on Monday.. On Monday the employment letter was collected back and they told him sorry... Later found out that the MDs friend cousin needed a job and needed a slot asap

That can be challenged in court, legally, and the company would pay heavily for damages, especially when you are very qualified, and the interview performance was very good.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by philip0906(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
verifiablefacts:

[s]that may be part of the interview, testing your patience[/s]
Nonsense!
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Tunagee(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
verifiablefacts:

that may be part of the interview, testing your patience

What patience are they testing when the owner of the job( the who know who candidate) still dey house dey fry dodo!

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by daevey(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jinyjagz:
I'm in my final year. all dis sh!!t be scaring me mhen.

aswear me too brother

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2019
manmade:
Your friend ought to have proceeded to the company and see things by himself ,what if the secretary has a candidate whom she fear may not be considered because of your friend's profile ,he could have simply check on the people in the office under the pretence that he was not sure of the next date for the interview
Nonsense. Some Companies will send a sms invitation on monday for interview on Wednesday.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Juliearth(f): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jinyjagz:

Pray for grace and put in the work( graduating with a good class of degree, relevant certifications, job experience and skills...).

BTW I know someone who got a full-time job with the CBN 2 months after completing his NYSC. We all have our appointed time to land our dream jobs, some are lucky to wait for a short while and some have to wait longer...

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by ekitimanalways(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
princeade86:
there was a day I trekked like 7 km for an interview in an hotel, due to lack of fund in me, inside hot sun of 12noon. But to my surprised, I was told the manager said that I shud come back in the evening because he is sleeping.
Jesuuuuuuu! grin
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Bishop(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2019
merit455:
My very good friend was invited for a job interview today in Lekki,very close to Ajah. He really prepared for the interview and even call me to borrow him some cash for transport.

The interview time was 10am,since he will be going from mainland, he wake up very Early, I call him around 8am to check on him,he was already in 3rd mainland bridge.

At exactly 9:05 am,the company secretary call him that the interview has been cancelled, he was already in Chevron, just closed to the venue.

The most annoying part is that she didn't say the interview was rescheduled, but completely cancelled! How can people be this wicked,why allowed him sit more than 2 hours in traffic.

This is not fair.

He could just have missed an important part of the interview especially if it's a sale's job.

Never take No for an answer, that's the code

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by favourite787899: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2019
I almost passed out thank God for grace, In January I applied for a job, was invited for interview, wrote exams and oral interview. We were told that we will be proceeding to a 5 day training after the whole exercise. It was at this point that I resigned from my place of work. After some time I didn't hear from them so I decided to visit the company. When I got to the company I was told that my house was too far from the areas where they had vacancies. I was just looking at them. All the time wasted. The fact that I resigned my job for this. All the money I spent on transportation. My house address was boldly stated on my CV. These things are very common in Nigeria I don't know why...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by salford: 5:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
sparog:
Being a job seeker is like slavery in Africa

Some HR on their own act like they are God with there various rules and regulations.

May we all find our dream jobs
You should have left Africa out of it lol.
This happens overseas too.
After interviews, they tell you the vacancy has been withdrawn..
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by salford: 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2019
Tunagee:

That can be challenged in court, legally, and the company would pay heavily for damages, especially when you are very qualified, and the interview performance was very good.
Most if not all companies have clauses on employment letters that states the company has a right to terminate you anytime even without just reasons within the probabation period.
That is one of the reasons bank wont offer credit services like loans or mortgages until your probabation period is over.

5 Likes

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by sparog(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2019
salford:

You should have left Africa out of it lol.
This happens overseas too.
After interviews, they tell you the vacancy has been withdrawn..

I don't live overseas man

I know more about Africa. And I knw we have higher unemployment rate here.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Adexy4us(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2019
just like an advert .....that thing dey pain.....
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by smasher1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
MVLOX:

my people will say who no go no know... true I have job am grateful for but what is the point of having a job that make u moody wen u get home.... a job that follows u even to your home and makes life unpleasant for you and your family... that's not a job again bro it's a burden...

Many people have something similar to your description. But as long as they pay at month end, continue in the vicious circle.

No one knows what you go through. All they see is your success and envy you at that.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by 3Hopeblog(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jinyjagz:

Please don't let the fear get into you. Your fears always have a way of coming to pass. Fill my mind with positive thoughts and read lots of Napoleon Hill books. I wish someone told me what I am telling you now when I was in my final year.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by tradepunter: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2019
xtophy1:
Please, i'm a graduate of Electrical Engineering(2.1). I am into solar system and CCTV installation. I am in dire need of a job anywhere in Abuja. I stay in Gwarimpa, Abuja. Please help, I'm tired of sitting at home for long now. Please, help a soul

Baba your plight is understandable but it's not by force to stay in Abuja. I have realized 60% of graduates residing in Abuja are either jobless or doing some trivia work with no security or are chasing government work or are been scammed by people offering them wishful contracts and trainings.
The ones with some sense of directions are those running feasible business such as farming,transportation and logistics with their own resources..
In Abuja everyone wants to bake, everyone wants to develop business plan, everyone wants to do fashion, everyone wants to do makeup..
I will advice you to start a generator repair service or mechanical repair services.. So that you arm yourself with skills that can used in Lagos..
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Legendguru: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
oh
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by madjune(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2019
This is Nigeria for you.

No law nor regard for the next person.

The annoying thing is, it will likely be one stupid, ignorant receptionist with an equally annoying voice would have called your friend in the middle of the traffic and say,

"Oga, pls just go back. Your interview has been
Cancelled."

Your friend would ask, " Wait, wait, what do you mean..."

She will shout...

"I can't repeat myself. Just go back. Bye."
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by odimbannamdi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
lereinter:

I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos for an interview,

After staying for about an hour in the company reception, a lady came to us, we were just 3, that she just checked our cv and that we were not the kind of person they were looking for.

Ooops

Lies
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by HomeOfMe(f): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
merit455:
My very good friend was invited for a job interview today in Lekki,very close to Ajah. He really prepared for the interview and even call me to borrow him some cash for transport.

The interview time was 10am,since he will be going from mainland, he wake up very Early, I call him around 8am to check on him,he was already in 3rd mainland bridge.

At exactly 9:05 am,the company secretary call him that the interview has been cancelled, he was already in Chevron, just closed to the venue.

The most annoying part is that she didn't say the interview was rescheduled, but completely cancelled! How can people be this wicked,why allowed him sit more than 2 hours in traffic.

This is not fair.
So sorry. May he find a better and genuine opportunity.
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by SmartyPants(m): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2019
comshots:
For Nigeria?

Yes! It is the same Nigeria where ordinary people have won landmark cases. If you don't test the law, how will you know?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by sleekman(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2019
xtophy1:
Please, i'm a graduate of Electrical Engineering(2.1). I am into solar system and CCTV installation. I am in dire need of a job anywhere in Abuja. I stay in Gwarimpa, Abuja. Please help, I'm tired of sitting at home for long now. Please, help a soul

Oga stop looking for a job. Rather, you should be advertising what you can do. Use to look for good but cheap materials. Get your sources ready and blast the internet with your business. Everybody started small. If along the way you get a much better job all well and good. No dull yasef
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by muzy1: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
merit455:

This is not fair.

what's the name of the company ??
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by topeorekoy(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2019
Employment is shitty in Naija. I got a text from a coy that I never applied for, I bluntly told them ain't interested and I never applied for the job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified / Is A Nigerian Salary Earner Of 500k Per Month Considered Rich? / Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017 /2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.