Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (48037 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Denique(f): 10:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
MVLOX:

I share the same sentiments too... more reason am not folding my arms and waiting for help to come my way.... I have resolved in my mind to get myself out of this situation with God's help.... I am seriously job hunting as we speak

'happening soon by His grace. But be very careful with your next move to avoid the same scenario. A lot of these employers are quite deceptive. You can only know when you're in the system. Take your time to filter the offers. Congrats in advance!
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by MVLOX(m): 12:19am On Jun 16, 2019
Denique:

'happening soon by His grace. But be very careful with your next move to avoid the same scenario. A lot of these employers are quite deceptive. You can only know when you're in the system. Take your time to filter the offers. Congrats in advance!

Thanks for those valid points your raised... and a big congratulations and amen to us...

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by hazel01(f): 3:40pm On Jun 16, 2019
1stNumeroUno:

Had similar experience.

Fresh out of NYSC, I was called, messaged and emailed for an interview in a reknown oil service company in PHC after I passed the test.

I had to travel all night from Lagos because I was new on a job then. Several stops and long journey makes the bus got to Aba around 8am and the interview was slated for 9am. I had to abandon the bus and jump small bus to PHC. Then crazy traffic eventually I got to venue around 10am.On getting to there I was told at the gate my name wasn't on the list.

What?

I begged to look through the list and discovered it was written with pen, as in 'blue biro'.

Lailai!

This is a mega multinational coy na. I was sure something has gone wrong. I stayed put begging the security men to let me in. After a while I was a man in overall going out through the gate-house. An idea hit me to go and wait for him outside. At his return I plea for audience and he listened to my story, showed him SMS (didn't have email on my phone then). He said there's no way he could help and left.

After a while he came back and took me in. Straight to the interview hall and handed me over to a lady. She asked for my name and search through a PRINTED list. Behold brethren I was on the first page, despite that my surname starts with a "S" (that means I even qualified for the interview on merit - at least I saw 70% against my name).

By this time the interview panelist were rounding up. It was almost noon and you know all this oil companies with policies on break and timing. Through the glass, I could see the lady trying to persuade the 4-man panel but they didn't yield.

It pained me o and I cried.

But today, I thank the LORD.

#ooops, sorry it's lengthy...
Jesus Christ!!!! this must have been super painful...... what now happened at the end, did u get a better job?
Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by 1stNumeroUno: 10:48pm On Jun 16, 2019
hazel01:
Jesus Christ!!!! this must have been super painful...... what now happened at the end, did u get a better job?

It was 'super' painful o.

Well, I left the small job I had then after 2 years and moved to a bigger, better coy. But sincerely, God has been faithful all through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki by Viking007(m): 7:46am On Jun 29, 2019
MVLOX:

Even those of us that claim to have jobs are slaves to our bosses that keep tossing us up and down. I rather have a job that pays less, gives me peace of mind and is able to take care of Family's need.
This is a very underrated comment. Alot of people don't know the importance of having peace of mind in a job. You can be collecting 500k monthly but still be depressed. A colleague on 700k resigned, no peace of mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fortune Careers Limited / Seven-up Bottling Company Job Recruitment / Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (with Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.