Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,535 members, 7,847,220 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants (2182 Views)

CAF Withdraws AFCON 2019 Hosting Rights From Cameroon / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 Qualifier - 0 - 3 (Full Time) / Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Problemkid1: 11:04pm On Jun 14, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by BravoDe: 7:40am On Jun 15, 2019
Olulong:

Last time I checked the player in Barcelona no longer plays for the national team.

And I attested to the fact that Party and Asamoah are the only top players in Ghana
If u notice I stop replying him, the guy is just saying sh*t
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 9:18am On Jun 15, 2019
Olulong:

Arsenal

Leciester

Girondins de Boardeax

Chelsea

Benfica

cheesy

Laugh wan tear my belle

Bordeaux and benfica are big clubs to Nigerians?

And which Nigeria players play for Chelsea and inter Milan? U see your frustration?
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 9:21am On Jun 15, 2019
Don't be deceived by the clubs of some Black Stars players, they are of the highest quality and soon you will know

Watch out Thomas Agyepong of Manchester city, Samuel Owusu, Samuel Owusu, Samuel Owusu
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Olulong(m): 10:24am On Jun 15, 2019
bingbagbo:

cheesy

Laugh wan tear my belle

Bordeaux and benfica are big clubs to Nigerians?

And which Nigeria players play for Chelsea and inter Milan? U see your frustration?

Is Newcastle as big as any of the two clubs

And yes Benfica is a big club. They are Portugal's most successful club and 2 time European champions. More successful than Athletico Madrid

VicMo??
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 11:08am On Jun 15, 2019
Olulong:

Is Newcastle as big as any of the two clubs

And yes Benfica is a big club. They are Portugal's most successful club and 2 time European champions. More successful than Athletico Madrid

VicMo??

grin

U don't know football
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Olulong(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2019
bingbagbo:

grin

U don't know football

Lol so Is Athletico Madrid more successful than Benfica in Europe

Yes or no?
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Olulong:

Lol so Is Athletico Madrid more successful than Benfica in Europe

Yes or no?

Nottingham forest has won the Uefa champions league twice, Arsenal has none, so would you say currently Nottingham forest is a bigger club than Arsenal?

Athletic o. Madrid is currently a way bigger club than your benfica
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by wizzzmike: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
Olulong:

Arsenal

Leciester

Girondins de Boardeax

Chelsea

Benfica

boardeax signed a Ghanaian last week lol and a Ghana play for Leciester and arsenal currently chasing to sign Thomas partey lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
wizzzmike:

boardeax signed a Ghanaian last week lol and a Ghana play for Leciester and arsenal currently chasing to sign Thomas partey lol

Tell him
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by wizzzmike: 9:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
bingbagbo:

Tell him
the guy don't know sh!t about football lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 9:07am On Jun 16, 2019
wizzzmike:

the guy don't know sh!t about football lol

grin
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Ndubest123(m): 9:58am On Jul 09, 2019
Ndubest123:
Looking for public opinion in few days time we will know who is who. Any other team may win but definitely not Ghana. You won your last nations cup 1982 you came here to write trash as usual. Who will score goals for Ghana or you think jam body football will give you the cup. I want to see you guys cry again like Dede Ayew did in 2015.
. Another reminder to my post. I don't hate Ghana but I knew they were not good enough to win the cup.
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Olulong(m): 10:02am On Jul 09, 2019
bingbagbo:
In few days, Africa will witness the biggest AFCON ever. An expanded version of the AFCON kick starts in pharoahs home Egypt and 24 nations will compete to vie for that coveted trophy.

It is an honour to present to you my opinion of four teams who are real favourites and main contenders of the competition, four other teams who though many tout as favourites but I believe they can't win and four other teams that will be mere partakers.

Favourites: so I start with my four bets who will surely win the trophy and first on my list is the Pharoahs of Egypt. All factors at play make Egypt the team with the biggest chance of winning the ultimate. They are playing at home just as they did in 2006, they have the best player on the continent in the person of Mo Salah, they have a history of winning the AFCON, they have been the finals since 2006 whenever they participate, they know how to beat all the teams coming to compete and the factors are endless. Egypt definitely will be the team to beat.

Next for me is the Indomitable lions of Cameroon. The Cameroon is other team I believe could easily go all the way to lift this year's AFCON. They are the current champions of Africa, they have some of the best players on the continent currently especially in the area of goalkeeping and midfield even though Vincent Abubakar will be missing in action, they will be managed this term by two great adventurous former dutch international s, they have character for big competitions and more especially they are being underrated by many which will result as a confidence booster.

The Ivory Coast is my third pick. Truth is, the Ivory Coast is the most improved African team since 1992. Since 2006 they have always remained pretpurnament favourites and even though others feel the Elephants have underachieved I believe they have chalked an incredible record since 2006. They were in the grand finale in 2006, 2012 and won it in 2015. Three grand finals in six competitions therefore underrate such a team at your own peril. I think they have the most quality players coming into this AFCON even though many pundits point to Senegal. The like of Sylvian Gbohou, Serge Aurier, Baily, Serey Die, Frank Kesse , Seri, Nicholas Pepe, Jonathan Kodjia and Max Gradel will prove a mouthful for manhy AFCON participants.

My last favourites will be four time champions Ghana. I personally believe Ghana is the most talented African nation in football, check their world cup records. Like the Ivory Coast, they have qualified for every single AFCON since 2006 and have appeared at least at the semi finals stage since 2008. I believe Ghana ranks behind Egypt as the most successful AFCON team. Though many underrate this Ghana team, I believe the black stars will be one of the main contenders for this AFCON. They have many skillful players in their ranks including Jordan Ayew, Samuel Owusu, Christian Atsu, kwadwo Asamoah, Andre Ayew and the like. Ghana know how to play the Afcon, just been unlucky at times.

Hahahahaha. All of a sudden my guy has become quiet

And by the way I don't hate Ghana
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by Ndubest123(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2019
He has disappeared and will reappear if Nigeria stumbled. That guy may have lost heavily to betting companies and probably hospitalised cos of heart break. Hahahahagagagaga. I don't hate Ghana
Re: AFCON 2019: Favourites,pretenders And Mere Participants by bingbagbo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2019
Ndubest123:
He has disappeared and will reappear if Nigeria stumbled. That guy may have lost heavily to betting companies and probably hospitalised cos of heart break. Hahahahagagagaga. I don't hate Ghana

FYI I don't bet

And I don't hate nigeria

grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arsenal Close To Sign Nigerian Attacker; Kelechi Iheanacho. / Daniel Dubois Vs Anthony Olufemi Joshua / Bet9javip.com Football Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.