Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) (56194 Views)

Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall (meme Collection) / University Of Limpopo Students Walkout Of Exam Hall Over Difficult Questions / Student Caught With 'Expo' In Glass Case In Exam Hall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 8:27am On Jun 15, 2019
willyo:
All na to fail the southern people abi?

Why for North Dem dey write answer for Board for them... Common to copy Dem Noh still fit

What do you mean? Isn't that what it should be normally? Shouldn't candidates be made to write exams by themselves? Do you think people cheat in exams in the Western World?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by DennickSoftman: 8:33am On Jun 15, 2019
This is unnecessary suffer all in the name of education. In a country like England there are some exams you will even be allowed to carry text books. The point to understand properly what you are taught and what you read then put your own understanding to it and not copy or cram. That is education. All these spacing things are just unnecessary and that is why up till now our educational system is still lacking behind. After all these you will still find many graduates who can't even make a correct sentence or even write a catchy application letter and they will still be looking for jobs in multinational companies thinking its all about certificate.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by clems88(m): 8:34am On Jun 15, 2019
My school has first class in this kinda setting. grin if you no read , e go do you like India film cool
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:35am On Jun 15, 2019
tactius:

Please stop being a.bigot.

I am a southerner and went to a Northern school, and no they did not write answers on the board for them or anyone else.

In fact I knew some Hausa guys whose study habits were intense. Some of them might have been sleeping in the library at night just to study wink

And yes, we had tough invigilators. Plus space between students during exams.
he wasnt referring to universities.
It is true that they write answers on the board during WAEC and first school leaving certificate exams in the north
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2019
thatigboman:
he wasnt referring to universities.
It is true that they write answers on the board during WAEC and first school leaving certificate exams in the north

1.He was refering specifically to unviersites

2.Yes, such does occur, and yes, I heard about it.

3.The South too has its own issues with cheating, and 'special centers' as well. And impersonation of students at exam halls...and someone writing exams for others.

4.North get issues...but to pretend that it is the only place with issues...is a tad hypocritical.
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2019
localboy:

Which kind of grammar is this ?
his last statement - imagine 50 students writing exam in a 1000-capacity hall, they will be spaced as shown in the picture
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by deltateam: 8:39am On Jun 15, 2019
sparog:
The students are still too close to each other, they can still whisper answers mbok

Not without being heard. Aren't there invigilators?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by mexzony: 8:40am On Jun 15, 2019
DennickSoftman:
This is unnecessary suffer all in the name of education. In a country like England there are some exams you will even be allowed to carry text books. The point to understand properly what you are taught and what you read then put your own understanding to it and not copy or cram. That is education. All these spacing things are just unnecessary and that is why up till now our educational system is still lacking behind. After all these you will still find many graduates who can't even make a correct sentence or even write a catchy application letter and they will still be looking for jobs in multinational companies thinking its all about certificate.
Yeah even in Germany they do like this too but those questions you will be asked won't be like questions with direct answers,they are more like problems questions with no direct solution where you have to come up with solution based on your understanding of the topic/topics. I think questions like this usually encompass series if topics you have studied so if you no understand am then your own don finish be that. If you like use Google + textbook you no go find the answer.
Our Nigerian style if you read you fit get the answer direct but then it's more of a test of how much you can cram than understanding most times.

3 Likes

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by asha80(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2019
cinoedhunter:

Lol.... it wasn't like that in some departments abi courses o... you go read, cram and pour out everything and you will still see D or E. Example . ENG 209 - thermodynamics, ENG 307 - Laplace Transform , ENG 207 - Material engineering, etc. I could go on and on.... some departments just had sane lecturers and staff while some were just E go come be like sey you no touch your book... let's not talk about when the witches of FUTO remembers you with missing scripts and missing lab.... you go dey like small fowl rain beat
or ode maths 203 or so csnt remember now

1 Like

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by TSRC: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2019
I love this setting.

Your friends would not have grudges against you when you fail to teach them because you aleady have a good excuse.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by sansid(m): 8:47am On Jun 15, 2019
Seeing this reminds me of my MSc exams in Bayero University Kano. grin
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2019
tactius:

1.He was refering specifically to unviersites

2.Yes, such does occur, and yes, I heard about it.

3.The South too has its own issues with cheating, and 'special centers' as well. And impersonation of students at exam halls...and someone writing exams for others.

4.North get issues...but to pretend that it is the only place with issues...is a tad hypocritical.
no higher institution in the north will write answers on the board
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 15, 2019
There is nothing technological about this uni, hope their transcript system has improved?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Evansjj(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2019
godwinony:
Very similar to my Alma mater, Uniport's MBA 1 and 2 auditoriums..
lol..dat MBA 1 na die

1 Like

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by DennickSoftman: 9:04am On Jun 15, 2019
mexzony:

Yeah even in Germany they do like this too but those questions you will be asked won't be like questions with direct answers,they are more like problems questions with no direct solution where you have to come up with solution based on your understanding of the topic/topics. I think questions like this usually encompass series if topics you have studied so if you no understand am then your own don finish be that. If you like use Google + textbook you no go find the answer.
Our Nigerian style if you read you fit get the answer direct but then it's more of a test of how much you can cram than understanding most times.

Yeah that's it. You said it all.
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Scarcity234: 9:05am On Jun 15, 2019
It's not always like this. where are the other pictures of opposite case?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Scarcity234: 9:09am On Jun 15, 2019
mexzony:

I wish the system we have here will adopt this style; it will do much good to us.
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by chukel(m): 9:10am On Jun 15, 2019
graphicvideo:
is not a New thing because they have started decentralization process (which mean you are not written exam in your departmental exam Hall they Will Carry you guy's to another Hall]
sometimes only 1 department Will write in 1 audit imagine civil engineering department of 50student written in a Hall of 1000 capacity The only way to save your self is to read.
your sentences are extremely difficult to understand. I really hope you are not an undergraduate.
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by jamace(m): 9:16am On Jun 15, 2019
Only the best is good enough.... cool
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by wanger50(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2019
willyo:

Why for North Dem dey write answer for Board for them... Common to copy Dem Noh still fit
This kind of narrow mindedness tells me you must have schooled in one state institution or the other where membership is mostly localised.I'm a Southerner but proud alumna of the great ABU Zaria. When I was there not too long ago, my dean of faculty was Professor Femi Odekunle from Osun state(currently a member of Presidential anti corruption committee), My faculty examination officer was Prosper Ebegba from the South South region among many southern faculty staff. So were the ones copying for us on the board?Pls broaden your horizon

2 Likes

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Onyenna(m): 9:29am On Jun 15, 2019
willyo:

I never knew this was possible until my service year... I was posted somewhere in the nothern region....The waec answers were written on the board and some couldn't even copy it!!..... There was even an SS3 girl who couldn't spell her name! Her own name oooh!!....
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 15, 2019
willyo:

undecided y una always lyk to say trashy tins bout north....abeg come skool here abeg BUK OOO yhu'll knw say khaaaki no be leather....mtcheew
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by willyo(m): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2019
Onyenna:

I never knew this was possible until my service year... I was posted somewhere in the nothern region....The waec answers were written on the board and some couldn't even copy it!!..... There was even an SS3 girl who couldn't spell her name! Her own name oooh!!....

Lol. It has always been so...

1 Like

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by Alawaxbimbex(f): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2019
You were caught cheating olodo rabata...
TheFacelessMan:
shocked

I was caught many years back...
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by willyo(m): 9:46am On Jun 15, 2019
wanger50:
This kind of narrow mindedness tells me you must have schooled in one state institution or the other where membership is mostly localised.I'm a Southerner but proud alumna of the great ABU Zaria. When I was there not too long ago, my dean of faculty was Professor Femi Odekunle from Osun state(currently a member of Presidential anti corruption committee), My faculty examination officer was Prosper Ebegba from the South South region among many southern faculty staff. So were the ones copying for us on the board?Pls broaden your horizon

U just said u are from the south baa?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by willyo(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2019
Kennydoc:

What do you mean? Isn't that what it should be normally? Shouldn't candidates be made to write exams by themselves? Do you think people cheat in exams in the Western World?

That's how it should had been...

But why is it different with the North?
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by abdulkayus(m): 9:48am On Jun 15, 2019
sansid:
Seeing this reminds me of my MSc exams in Bayero University Kano. grin

Same with mine. Masters in Electrical engineering (Communication engineering) at that same Bayero University, Kano. But I love it that way.

1 Like

Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by proeast(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2019
obekediamondfuto:

u will come out stronger... trust me...
as long as u don't choose to become eze mmuo there....

grin

Lol, you're indeed a great Futoit grin
I gained admission into FUTO many years back and met that ugly dude (Eze Mmuo). He was always loitering around SOSC building looking for students to scam undecided undecided He was the handy man for any odd job and was even highly connected. You want to do any manner of "wrongs" then Eze Mmuo is your man Friday lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Dude can arrange school receipt, NYSC call-up later, clearance, course wrongs etc just name it and Eze mmuo will certainly assure you that it will be done once you pay. But my brother, immediately after payment whatever you see is what you take tongue tongue Dude will use part of your money to buy you drinks while assuring you that everything is being taken care of..... Months later, still the same old story as he always have one excuse or the other to give you. He messed up many students back then including my very good friend. How he survived all these years despite the heart break he caused some students still baffles me. Such a smooth operator grin grin
Re: This Is What FUTO Exam Hall Looks Like (Photos) by willyo(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2019
LoveThemChubby:

Its obvious that you've never traveled outside your locality.

U mean travelled to BH infested areas so I can be used for Allah Akba experimentation?

Nah...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kenyan Girl Hits The Streets In Uniform With Placard To Beg For Her School Fees / Meet Victor Ayooluwa Babalola: University Of Uyo Best Graduating Student / Little Girl Wore Eye Lashes, Artificial Nails To Her Graduation (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.