Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2596 Views)

Help! My Child Is Giving Me Anxiety....... / How Do I Cope With Anxiety / How Do I Get Rid Of This Anxiety With My Siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: . by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2019
Imogenn:
My social anxiety over the years has become worse and worse I feel like it’s ruining my life. Yesterday I decided to challenge myself as my friend invited me to a church gathering. Most days I just go to work and go straight back to my room. Even at work I find it difficult to relate to my coworkers outside work related issues because I can’t hold a conversation without fidgeting and feeling uneasy. I have only two friends. Two, no more no less.

So I went to this church gathering and I felt like I was having a panic attack. My heart was beating super fast I just felt extremely uncomfortable. In the past I tried to drink alcohol anytime I go to social gatherings to suppress my anxiety, but I just hate how it makes me feel. So my friend is introducing me to people at the gathering, and I’m trembling on my words, my heart is beating super fast, I feel uncomfortable, I can’t look people in the eye, and I can’t hold a conversation without feeling like the world is going to swallow me up. I had to leave the event early, because I couldn’t take the shame. I saw how people were looking at me like there was something seriously wrong with me, I felt so stupid. I got home and starting crying, this anxiety is taking over my life, it’s ruining my life. I can’t do anything without overthinking and panicking. My friend called me and told me that I was just over reacting but I know she was just saying that to make me feel better. I’m 25 now and I just feel like it’s getting worse and worse as the years go by. All I do is lock myself up in my room, for how long am I going to continue like this? I just feel like my life is ruined.

Same here however I'm the worst person to advice you because I dabble into weed and alcohol , you need to practice well because , you will need to negotiate your pay and talk to clients r your superior. Your anxiety might affect your career, deep down I just don't send anybody when it involves my money and career. You need to be confident also the people you are anxious about are equally as messed up , no one has their shit together, that was the silver lining that helped me. There was a dude I used to look up to very brilliant , confident and all till I realized he was suffering from depression and all. Felt happy , after all it means no one is perfect. Go out more. Sha don't do drugs though they don't work

1 Like

Re: . by Pavore9: 8:45am On Jul 15, 2019
izzimus:

Thank you.
I dont mind the side effects as long as it works.

Please never go buy any antipsychotic medication that has not been specifically prescribed for you by the doctor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Uncle Girlfriend Keep Showering Curses On Him For Not Marrying Her / I Need Help / Know Your Angels And See How They Can Be Of Help To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.