Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,303 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant (34525 Views)

See The Two States In Nigeria You Hardly Hear Of / I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / Dirtiest Places In Lagos| Co-tenant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by donuba61: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2019
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle o, make your friend no tell you say as é see your shirt from far é don know say na you
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo! so people no go dey tell u say u no fit marry from imo state ooo
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooh! make EFCC no come your compound carry others leave you..
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle oooo make them no hold ur hand for club dey tell bouncer say "him dey with me"
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo! make your boyfriend no go put another girl for status because you no get data
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo! may dem no give you rice for occasion say ukwa na for VIPs.
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle oo. So u no go dey look for atm � machine wen dey dispense #500
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo make them no Dey talk say, as I see that brown sandals for door � I know say u Dey around
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo!
Make you no go enter 'standing' from Lagos to Aba
[6/15, 6:24 PM] +234 706 942 4954: Hustle ooo,
make ur friends no tell u, wait for me in the car.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Afamed: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2019
donuba61:
Passing through Kano will be too far. The best bet is Jos or Bauchi. There is direct bus from Jos to Maduguri, bauchi, gombe and all north east state.
Which kind Waka be that? When you even end up spending more money.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by OBIPLUS(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
I suggest you try railway,train, it saver, fast and cheap.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

If the person is coming from SS,SW and SE, you can't get Yobe direct. The person will get to Kano first, then from Kano you get to Yobe and after Yobe comes Borno
Unless Kano is closer to the camp than Potiskum or Damaturu, then fine.
But telling someone coming from the SE or SW to go through Kano isn't cute.

I agree that there're no direct buses to Yobe from those regions, but coming from the SE, the surest bet is to enter the bus going to Maiduguri instead. They'll stop the passenger at Potiskum or Damturu, instead.

I don't want to talk much for SW because I haven't tried Lagos to Maid before. But I'm sure of the SE.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by greggng: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
docsholz:

How can I get to Katsina from lagos

Just go to oyinbo
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2019
OBIPLUS:
I suggest you try railway,train, it saver, fast and cheap.
There's no more time.
Today's Sunday already.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Lovelyn451:
take a bus to kano first, kano has direct routes to all these small northern states katsina, Jigawa, bauchi, and Gombe. you might not get buses from lagos to these places

Kano is for people going to the East.

So far you're going to the west, you stop at Kaduna.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2019
Shadowdreams:

lolz... you na sure traveller. I been no wan too cast my travelling ways for here.
Yes ooo....

Ah, na toll gate sure pass.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by yusufmurry: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2019
philip0906:

Jeez! 2,500 to the east from Lag? May God punish poverty...what kind of cheap ride to the great beyond is that?

Oga, I told you what I know but you chose to argue on what you do know.

What ever you call you it, there is a park there.

Your ride with the one you chose is ride to great beyond.

Baba , where e go happen na where e go happen.

You use Flight, s/he used GIG or Toll gate to east, we will all say thankGod for safe journey.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Asquare84(m): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
ladiesreject:
For those of you posted to Kano, please try as much as possible to redeploy while in camp.
Kano is a Sharia state and the experience will not be funny.
I served in Kano between July 2017-July 2018 and it's among the worst periods of my life.

Forget all these stories you read on nairaland about opportunities in Kano, my brothers and sisters who no go no go know ooo. Nothing like opportunities there, except class room of course, because there are lots of aboki illiterates.

Again, for the social folks, Kano is not for you.
Kano is for fanatics.

Redeploy while you can.
Serving in Kano is among the list of my regrets

Don't say I didn't warn you ooo.
Save travels people

Please stop miss informing people I serve in Kano and I can confess that opportunity abound, if you confined yourself while you were in Kano don't discouraged others
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

Go to Iddo after Oyingbo, there is no direct Yobe bus, don't be deceived. Board Kano and from Kano you get to Yobe
Are you syaing there's no longer Lagos to Maiduguri?
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Afamed: 5:22pm On Jun 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
Unless Kano is closer to the camp than Potiskum or Damaturu, then fine.
But telling someone coming from the SE or SW to go through Kano isn't cute.

I agree that there're no direct buses to Yobe from those regions, but coming from the SE, the surest bet is to enter the bus going to Maiduguri instead. They'll stop the passenger at Potiskum or Damturu, instead.

I don't want to talk much for SW because I haven't tried Lagos to Maid before. But I'm sure of the SE.
You can't get direct from SE to Maiduguri, they will only deceive passengers they are going to Maiduguri. When they get to Jos or Bauchi , they stop and every one finds his way.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

You can't get direct from SE to Maiduguri, they will only deceive passengers they are going to Maiduguri. When they get to Jos or Bauchi , they stop and every one finds his way.
Share me a recent experience of what you're talking about.
I don't want 'dem say dem say'...

I want a recent experience.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2019
donuba61:
Passing through Kano will be too far. The best bet is Jos or Bauchi. There is direct bus from Jos to Maduguri, bauchi, gombe and all north east state.

This also, would be better, for those going to the East.

Going through Kano can be stressful, unless you're going further north east.

The last batch of corps I entered buses with had a host of people going to Jigawa and then Bauchi. It is easier going to Jigawa, gombe and so on from Kano, but stressful coming to Bauchi, Nasarawwa ef al. So, the best bet would be to go through Jos
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Afamed: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
They deceive passengers with that since there are few passengers going to Maiduguri from Lagos. it's better you get to Kano, which has more passengers and from Kano, you can get to Potiskum , the orientation camp
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
hausadreturn:

Been coming here since 2013, and I've never seen past Kano.

They always say, if you're going to the East, you go to Kano. If you're going to the West, you stop at Kaduna. They never ply beyond Kano
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Afamed: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
hausadreturn:
Share me a recent experience of what you're talking about.
I don't want 'dem say dem say'...

I want a recent experience.
I know these roads more than most people in the forum. I have given you first hand information
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

They deceive passengers with that since there are few passengers going to Maiduguri from Lagos. it's better you get to Kano, which has more passengers and from Kano, you can get to Potiskum , the orientation camp

Especially now that there would be lots of innocent people compelled to go to the North. And they don't know the route. They will be forced to believe them.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

Your description is like , you are going to Ikeja from Maryland, you first drive to Ojota and from Ojota, you make a u turn and come to Ikeja.From Lagos to Katsina, the shortest is, you stop at Zaria under bridge, then board bus to katsina less than 1h 30 mints

KWANGILA Flyover

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by barackodam: 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

How can from Zaria to Katsina be 4hours?

Nah, shouldn't be. A little more than 2 hours.

But maybe the bus wasn't full and they kept picking and dropping passengers along the way. Or maybe he boarded Funtua, then Katsina

Maybe......

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by ak22(m): 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2019
What from Ojota ? Many people are not leaving in Iyana Ipaja Axis
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by philip0906(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
yusufmurry:

Oga, I told you what I know but you chose to argue on what you do know.

What ever you call you it, there is a park there.

Your ride with the one you chose is ride to great beyond.

Baba , where e go happen na where e go happen.

You use Flight, s/he used GIG or Toll gate to east, we will all say thankGod for safe journey.
I have absolutely no problem with your view, just shocked that someone will pay 2,500 from Lag to the east...I have a premium I place on my life, so it’s difficult to imagine me embarking on such a cheap journey, irrespective of how broke I am
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by hausadreturn(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
Afamed:

I know these roads more than most people in the forum. I have given you first hand information
All right then.
If so, no wahala.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Vilex6: 5:53pm On Jun 16, 2019
docsholz:

How can I get to Katsina from lagos

take a bus going to either kano or kaduna. Frm der, u'll easily get a bus to katsina, dats wia am serving
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by nzeobi(m): 6:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
packmoney:
AKTC is more expensive and killing... The last time I tried AKTC from Akwa Ibom to Lagos was 12k
guo is not bad

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by kernniejay(m): 6:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Who knows a guy called Braimoh, he used to drive for Flight? Greet that guy for me, he is a skillful and well experienced driver. During my NYSC in 2010, I once entered his Flight's Toyota Hiace bus from Gboko, Benue State to Wukari, Taraba State, after my first journey with him, I decided to be waiting for his turn to load before I enter bus @ Flight's Office. He speeds very well and safely too. Only stops at Restaurant for his passengers to refresh while he also changes his brake pads, and after that speed resumes. With him, we usually arrived in good time. Kudos to that guy.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by AMvanquish: 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2019
ladiesreject:
For those of you posted to Kano, please try as much as possible to redeploy while in camp.
Kano is a Sharia state and the experience will not be funny.
I served in Kano between July 2017-July 2018 and it's among the worst periods of my life.

Forget all these stories you read on nairaland about opportunities in Kano, my brothers and sisters who no go no go know ooo. Nothing like opportunities there, except class room of course, because there are lots of aboki illiterates.

Again, for the social folks, Kano is not for you.
Kano is for fanatics.

Redeploy while you can.
Serving in Kano is among the list of my regrets

Don't say I didn't warn you ooo.
Save travels people

See this one. cheesy I'm sure it's not Kano. They post you go one village, you come here dey rant like baby.
Don't spoil it for others Coz it did not work out for you.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Afamed: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2019
AMvanquish:

See this one. cheesy I'm sure it's not Kano. They post you go one village, you come here dey rant like baby.
Ignore that lad.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by otabaotaba: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2019
Abeg this Tfare na die, see me wey traveled from Lagos to Anambra for 4k you people are here writing 7500, shey na helicopter?
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2019
AMvanquish:

I don't know the map of Kano, but Tarauni LG to the best of my knowledge is inside Kano.
I served inside Ungwa uku. My place is few minutes walk from FGC Kano.

Everyone will just mention Sabin gari, but we all cannot live there. Not all Lagosians live in Ikeja for example, same way not all Abuja citizens live in Garki. The notion of live and let's live does not apply to Kano.

So PCMs, redeploy while you can, before it's too late.
Outside sabon gari, Kano is trash.
Beautiful city I must say, but religion damaged it completely.

Kano is a Sharia state, period.
Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by AMvanquish: 7:06pm On Jun 16, 2019
ladiesreject:

I don't know the map of Kano, but Tarauni LG to the best of my knowledge is inside Kano.
I served inside Ungwa uku. My place is few minutes walk from FGC Kano.

Everyone will just mention Sabin gari, but we all cannot live there. Not all Lagosians live in Ikeja for example, same way not all Abuja citizens live in Garki. The notion of live and let's live does not apply to Kano.

So PCMs, redeploy while you can, before it's too late.
Outside sabon gari, Kano is trash.
Beautiful city I must say, but religion damaged it completely.

Kano is a Sharia state, period.

Just Tarauni, unguwa uku and Sabon gari. Thats 2 out of 7 Local gov't in Kano metropolitan. What's in Sabon gari sef? Better joints they Nassarawa LG, you are here calling Sabon gari. You don't even know Kano.

Sharia. Which sharia. What did sharia stop you from doing in kano? You expect to be seeing women wearing tight, skimpy dresses. Or people drinking shayo on the street. Them no give u proper orientation , aswear..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant by yusufmurry: 7:52pm On Jun 16, 2019
philip0906:

I have absolutely no problem with your view, just shocked that someone will pay 2,500 from Lag to the east...I have a premium I place on my life, so it’s difficult to imagine me embarking on such a cheap journey, irrespective of how broke I am

Oga, premium or whatever can't restore you back to life. When gone you're gone.

I hate unnecessary argument. Same kind of car/bus that takes you to east is same u use there.

Stop disturbing others on what could help & save cost for them if at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Persons Die In A Fatal Accident On Enugu-Port-Harcourt Express Road (Graphic) / Gridlock In Onitsha As People Travel Back To Their Respective Destinations / Ohanmi Road Washes Off Two Months After Completion (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.