Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

A Visit With The Mosquitoes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Visit With The Mosquitoes (524 Views)

My Hilarious Experience With Mosquitoes / MOSQUITOES By Victoria Omoghena Edidi / A Visit From The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Visit With The Mosquitoes by TemmyT002(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2019
Mr. Ladi is the teacher I hated the most of all my teachers. He did a very bad thing to me and for that, I will never forgive him. He taught Biology back then; he was also very good in Physics and Chemistry. This wicked man is one of those brilliant teachers and researchers that Nigeria didn’t know existed.

Mr. Ladi was fond of using students for many of his experiments in Biology, Physics and Chemistry. He would then threaten to do bad things to any students who exposed him. No one dared speak out.

I don’t know how he did it but he somehow found out my secret. It was a secret I didn’t want anyone to know about. He found out about it and used it to blackmail me. He threatened to tell everyone the secret unless I did what he asked. I didn’t have a choice. He told me what he wanted. I was shocked, scared and flabbergasted, but I didn’t have a choice.

I met him in the school laboratory one Saturday and he gave me a cup full of strange liquid. After drinking, I saw with horror that my body was changing. My head became smaller and so did the rest of my body parts. My body reduced drastically until I was smaller than an ant. I realized that I had wings. I could also see things very clearly.

Mr. Ladi brought a mirror and I saw that I had become a very tiny ant with wings. I looked like a mosquito! “Go.” The man said. I realized that I could fly. I knew what he wanted and I flew out of the window.

I began to hear the voices of other mosquitoes and I could see them too. I wanted to cry. I had become one of the most universally hated and deadliest animals on earth. I wondered if I was the female kind or the male kind. Who knew what sort of chemicals Mr. Ladi had added into the drink he gave me.

“Hey, how are you?” I looked behind me and saw a mosquito. It was obviously a female, an anopheles mosquito- the one that suck your blood and never let go. And she was beautiful. Who knew mosquitoes could be beautiful.

“What is your name?” she asked again.

I didn’t know the kind of names mosquitoes used so I made up one. “Kkaran.”

“What a strange name. Where are you from?”

“Ghana,” I said.

“Hah. No wonder I have never heard of that name. I don’t travel out of Nigeria that often. But what are you doing here? Are there no people to suck in Ghana?”

“I am on vacation.”

“Okay. Come one, let me show you my eggs.”

Our wings beat at 400 times per second. “What is your name?” I asked her.

“Suifal.”

She took me to a small dirty stream where Okada riders were washing their motorcycles. I wondered if I would ever become a human again. “My great-grandmother used to live here but she died when she was 5 months old. Many of my brothers and sisters were killed by those wicked humans.”

She faced me. “What is their problem anyway? When they eat, we don’t disturb them, but when it is time for us to suck blood, they kill us.”

“They are really wicked,” I told her as Mr. Ladi came to my mind.

Suifal’s eggs were many and situated on the surface of the water in one corner. I also saw that some eggs were already in larvae and pupae stages. “I have thousands of children and grandchildren. How many do you have?”

“About the same, I said.”

Another mosquito came to us. “It’s time for meeting.”

The meeting place was a secluded area beside a pond. There were millions of mosquitoes there. The leader was a very large mosquito.

“Greatest bloodsuckers!” she shouted.

“Great!” they answered.

“Sharpest bloodsuckers!”

“Great!”

“My people, today is another day. I want to tell you guys that we have expert mosquitoes among us. They are here to teach us how to be expert in escaping the evil plans of the humans against us. They are from places in Ibadan like Apata, Bere, Gege Oloorun, and many other places where mosquitoes are kings. Their training will make mosquito nets, Raid, Mortein and other harmful things to mosquitoes useless.”

After the meeting, we went to the neighbourhood to suck blood. We could detect blood from 75 feet away. Blood contains CO2. Many houses had nets so it was hard to enter. Many mosquitoes were killed.

There was a house that was dirty and many mosquitoes lived there. As Suifal and I flew to one of the occupants of the house, the rascal opened his eyes and began to chase us. When I landed against a wall, I saw his hand coming to plaster me against the wall but I dodged in time. He screamed when his palm hit the wall. Suifal was wounded but I saved her and we escaped.

I returned to Mr. Ladi the next morning and he turned me back to a human. He asked me where the mosquitoes had their meeting and without thinking, I told him. He was very happy.

Later, I learnt that he and some people were planning to destroy the meeting place of the mosquitoes. In panic, I ran to the meeting place to chase them away.
They could not understand my language and many of them bit me and began to suck my blood. I managed to escape and when I got home, I took malaria drugs.

The meeting place of the mosquitoes was wiped out and many mosquitoes died. Suifal escaped, though. She still visits me every now and then and she makes sure that no other mosquito sucks my blood.
Re: A Visit With The Mosquitoes by Jentle244: 7:07am On Jun 17, 2019
seat claimed.... this is going to be interesting,!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Press Statement By Bayo Adebowale's Eldest Child, Titilayo Olaleye (mrs) / Kimberly Part Three. / Where Is Devilpen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.