Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos (4839 Views)

An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) / Are People From Onicha-ugbo Igbo Descent? / Onitsha Igbo - Bia Eba Obu Na I Na Asu Igbo Ndi Onicha! Soso Ndi Onicha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by asha80(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2010
ezeagu:

Does that makes sense?

grin i just wanted to find out what happened and the answer was giving below.

udezue:

Obviously many non Ikwerre like the Ndoni, Etche, and non-natives now trust them enough to elect an Ikwerre man or he Amaechi did a good job serving everyone not just Ikwerre and isnt beating his chest all day to prove he is Ikwerre.

The type of attitude I get from some of these people turns me off.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by beneli(m): 8:14pm On Oct 06, 2010
udezue:

Aba belongs to all.

There is no evidence that Aba will be better if just Ngwa ppl were in charge. The last time I checked they are not handing out freebies to non natives. Everyone is contributing. Only morons will start pointing out that this and that corrupt Chairman or whatever is not Ngwa once he messes up. Do u also point out that the ones performing well are not Ngwa? Just elect good people to lead. Its this attitude that kept the Ikwerre of Rivers in political wilderness for a long time.

The issue is not whether Aba will be better off if Ngwa people are in charge.

The issue is about the long standing contempt with which some of those who are not indigenes treat the indigenous population as they plunder the resources meant for the development of their LGA's. The issue is with the attitude of some Abians who say that an Ngwa person can NEVER be govenor in Abia state, as though Abia does not 'belong to all', the way 'Aba belongs to all'. The issue is about how one particular village buffoon, who for some weird reason is even occasionally hailed as an Igbo hero on Nairaland, goes about deriding Ngwa people. . .this same attitude,  I personally experienced in the few years I attended secondary school in Aba, even though I had a British accent and came from a comparatively more comfortable and enlightened background than most of those onhu onhu ragamuffins who would so exhaust themselves trying to deride me, simply because I am Ngwa. . .

Are some people less Abian than others?

Some people have even ridiculously insinuated that Ngwa people sabotaged the rest of ndi-Igbo during the war, in their plot to justify their continued discrimination. This discrimination is not just political but manifests in the state civil service as well. My own family have been direct victims of this.

Bringing in the plight of the Ikwerre in a multi-ethnic Rivers State and comparing it with the plight of ndi-Ngwa in Abia state is not only insensitive, but also reveals the mindset that riles up a lot of Ngwa people about some of you onhu onhu people!

You then wonder why there is a growing Ngwa 'consciousness'. . .
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by asha80(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2010
beneli:

The issue is not whether Aba will be better off if Ngwa people are in charge.

The issue is about the long standing contempt with which some of those who are not indigenes treat the indigenous population as they plunder the resources meant for the development of their LGA's. The issue is with the attitude of some Abians who say that an Ngwa person can NEVER be govenor in Abia state, as though Abia does not 'belong to all', the way 'Aba belongs to all'. The issue is about how one particular village buffoon, who for some weird reason is even occasionally hailed as an Igbo hero on Nairaland, goes about deriding Ngwa people. . .this same attitude, I personally experienced in the few years I attended secondary school in Aba, even though I had a British accent and came from a comparatively more comfortable and enlightened background than most of those onhu onhu ragamuffins who would so exhaust themselves trying to deride me, simply because I am Ngwa. . .

Are some people less Abian than others?

Some people have even ridiculously insinuated that Ngwa people sabotaged the rest of ndi-Igbo during the war, in their plot to justify their continued discrimination. This discrimination is not just political but manifests in the state civil service as well. My own family have been direct victims of this.

Bringing in the plight of the Ikwerre in a multi-ethnic Rivers State and comparing it with the plight of ndi-Ngwa in Abia state is not only insensitive, but also reveals the mindset that riles up a lot of Ngwa people about some of you onhu onhu people!

You then wonder why there is a growing Ngwa 'consciousness'. . .

Hmmm ezeuche
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by asha80(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2010
Some people have even ridiculously insinuated that Ngwa people sabotaged the rest of ndi-Igbo during the war, in their plot to justify their continued discrimination.

I have often heard about this.I wonder what brought about this story?

The issue is with the attitude of some Abians who say that an Ngwa person can NEVER be govenor in Abia state,

I have also heard about this.Never really understood it.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 2:36am On Oct 07, 2010
Beneli, go sit down with ur nonsense consciousness. I have not been to Aba anyway but I'm sure Ngwa ppl are being oppressed. I find ur ohnuhnu or whatever to be derogatory or maybe that's just a word for ndi mba. Anyway EzeUche has been cautioned even by me. There must be something wrong Ngwa leaders are doing to contribute the current disaffection btwn them and non-natives and non-Ngwa ppl. It goes both ways. I'm Awka and Aro. Awka town might not be as cosmopolitan as Aba or Enugu but being capital of Anambra I know it has attracted quite a large number of non-Awka ppl. Should we also start telling everyone to leave? So only non-Ngwa are plundering resources meant for Ngwa areas? This type of silly scape-goating has to stop. Yes I compared the attitude to Ikwerre coz that's how it starts. Today na Ngwa consciousness tomorow it will be Ngwa ethnic group. Fact is that non-natives aren't leaving not after contributing to the growth of Aba. We are not going to tolerate another Enugu and Ikwerre debacle. U were a victim? Well my family was also a victim of Enugu madness and the offender was an Nsukka neighbor. I guess I should declare Awka-Aro consciousness too. Biko respect urselves Ngwa and non-Ngwa ppl. As for EzeUche u gonna have a hard time with fellow Igbos if u want to lead with ur confrontational attitude.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 2:51am On Oct 07, 2010
Onlytruth peeps in. . . shakes head and says . .

I once saw about 10,000 Hausas or northerners at Nnewi Nkwo triangle. I'm not even talking about other Igbo groups.

Something must be wrong with some Igbo groups.

My advice to them? Work hard and stop crying.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 2:59am On Oct 07, 2010
Thank you Onlytruth.
Why do some ppl think that being the largest in any state, town, or nation is automatic birthright to any political office of their choice? *hiss* So because Ngwa na one of the largest clan Abia and Aba must bow down and elect Ngwa ppl. Its all about merit and I mean individual merit. This is what I love about democarcy. U might be the largest but u still have to work hard just like others to climb up any ladder. When u start viewing everyone as same and as individuals u won't feel the need to use terms like onhunhu or whatever. Ohnuhnu my foot.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:02am On Oct 07, 2010
Udezue, in this instance, I seriously recommend that you stop wasting your breath, because it changes nothing. . . and funny how you want to come and talk about merit and democracy and the topic is Abia/Aba/Ngwa & politics. Please.

beneli:

The issue is about how one particular village buffoon, who for some weird reason is even occasionally hailed as an Igbo hero on Nairaland, goes about deriding Ngwa people. . .this same attitude,  I personally experienced in the few years I attended secondary school in Aba, even though I had a British accent and came from a comparatively more comfortable and enlightened background than most of those onhu onhu ragamuffins who would so exhaust themselves trying to deride me, simply because I am Ngwa. . .
I've personally experienced this here in diaspora, of all places. I didn't know what to think about it at first, but when I finally asked my father and other Ngwa about it, the response was "yeah, Ohnuhnu mock us".

beneli:

Some people have even ridiculously insinuated that Ngwa people sabotaged the rest of ndi-Igbo during the war, in their plot to justify their continued discrimination.
There's this one Mbieri guy that I know in diaspora. Him and I were debating Biafra and in the middle of the debate he goes off about how Ngwa people sabotaged efforts and betrayed the Igbo. Me, I'm sitting wondering where all of this is coming from, because all the Ngwa people I know are either pro-Biafra or pro-Ala Igbo, and they often retell accounts of their part in the war and their efforts against Hausa-Fulani incursions. His rant threw me off, and I asked him who told him and he said his father did.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 3:15am On Oct 07, 2010
Chinyen please go sit down somewhere and be quiet. What makes u think I can't talk about Abia politics or Ngwa issues? Please come back with better excuse other than "Ohnuhnu"
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:17am On Oct 07, 2010
udezue:

Chinyen please go sit down somewhere and be quiet. What makes u think I can't talk about Abia politics or Ngwa issues? Please come back with better excuse other than "Ohnuhnu"
No where did I state that you can't talk about such things. Stop assuming stuff.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 3:21am On Oct 07, 2010
Chinyen then what are u talking ka o bu Latin ka I na su?
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:25am On Oct 07, 2010
It's not astrophysics. I stated it rather simple and straight-forward. No insinuations, except for the second part.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 3:29am On Oct 07, 2010
When u are ready to explain urself get at me. Right u are wasting my time.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:33am On Oct 07, 2010
I'm not sure there's really anything more that I [i]can [/i]say about it other than I stated it plainly and simply. Just don't waste your breath. Don't bother yourself. Don't waste your time on this issue, because nothing about it will change; Your talk about Ngwa people going to go and sit down and be quiet doesn't change anything. It doesn't help.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 3:40am On Oct 07, 2010
What's with this ur yeye victimization crap? I addressed both u and Beneli not the whole Ngwa nation ode. Last time I checked u don't represent Ngwa. Pack and move to ngwa land jare. Village champion. Read my post one more time. Blaming ur misfortune or whatever on non-native is just a cop-out. Address ur internal issues first b4 talking.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:45am On Oct 07, 2010
This is about a long-standing history, not the blaming of misfortunes.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 3:54am On Oct 07, 2010
So now Aba, Onitsha issue concerning natives and non-natives is all about EzeUche? Lol u give EzeUche too much credit and attention. Here's my thing about u and Beneli or I guess u in particular. EzeUche is more likely to contribute his quota for Igbo development and survival of all Igbos unlike u who see and breathe nothing outside Ngwaland. Btwn u and him who do u think others will prefer to deal despite his brashness? It aint finna be you hence u will for a long time be relegated to play ur clannish politics. Why u think every Igbo person hates the Ngwa baffles me. Unlike we celebrate any Igbo cuklture regardless of its origin. The Ruff coin that sang Nwa Aba might not even be Ngwa but I'm not sure sef.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 3:55am On Oct 07, 2010
Going off on a very deep tangent there, Udezue and even making more assumptions. I'm nearly disappointed, though. I thought you knew me better than that, but I guess I thought wrong, seeing as to how you want to post all of that. . . still on a tangent though.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 4:00am On Oct 07, 2010
Chinyen, I asked u on Facebook to join or form Igbo organization and discuss Igbo issues coz Ngwa issue is Igbo issue. U can't separate the two. Anything concerning Ngwa land is an Igbo issue but u declined quick. That tells a lot about u mindset.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 4:06am On Oct 07, 2010
In IDG we got a project going on and the school that will benefit is Uruekwe school in Anambra. The main person that started this is from ebonyi state. The person that will carry out the duty well well is from Nnewi. We thought of doing something at a hospital in Ebonyi state but it wasn't feasible so we went with Anambra. It doesn't mean I don't attend Awka and Aro meetings tho. I do but my main thing is dealing with Igbo issue as Igbo issue.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 4:11am On Oct 07, 2010
Now we're having a tangent discussion. . . And that mindset is? Since you want to go ahead and assume even more stuff. In fact, go through my Facebook profile and look through my groups. Something just might surprise you. I'm more than disappointed now. You and I have discussed this issue before, and you OF ALL PEOPLE ought to know that my being Ngwa doesn't disrupt association with other Igbo. You should know that, but apparently you don't (for whatever reason).

Really? Anything concerning Ngwaland is an Igbo issue? An increasing number of Igbo that I've come across don't seem to think so. In fact, a lot seemed very quick to point to the Aba nonsense and state explicitly that it is an "Ngwa problem". Where's the synonymy there? Please. Anyway, this is not even the main thing on my mind. What's on my mind is that I feel an obligation to Ngwa first and foremost and I will not feel satisfied with myself, if I do not fulfill that obligation. If you want, your IDG group can work with me, and likewise, I wouldn't mind working with you all on whatever projects you have planned, but the fact still remains, Ngwa is my priority before Igbo. I have to satisfactorily finish doing for my own.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 4:20am On Oct 07, 2010
Ngwa is Igbo u dicckhead. As for issues concerning Aba trust me that's how some ppl will reason. When Anambra was on fire many said "Tufiakwa ndi Anambra" not caring whether it was being done from external forces. Its ignorance. I don't see Aba issue as Ngwa problem alone so guy why do u find it hard to also view my attitude as mainstream Igbo attitude but only choose to view that of EzeUche as mainstream attitude of Igbo towards their fellow Ngwa-Igbos?
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 4:28am On Oct 07, 2010
Where did I state that Ngwa is not Igbo? Udezue, stop jumping the gun. It matters not what mainstream Igbo think, I, in particular, have always been more attached to Ngwa than Igbo. I would not at all feel comfortable with myself not fulfilling my perceived duty to Ngwa. Aside from that, mainstream Igbo does not need me. I am insignificant. There are plenty of other groups like your IDG who are willing to perform pan-Igbo services (I read about them all the time). So, a single individual like myself barely makes a marginal difference on the pan level. Meaning that I am not really needed, and because I'm not really needed, I can focus my attention on where I feel it should be, at the time being. Don't take it the wrong way (because I really feel that's what you're doing).
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 4:31am On Oct 07, 2010
The failure of Aba town will be failure of all Igbo becoz Aba town is an important Igbo town. U can't talk about Igbo history without Aba. In Nigerian violent politics if aba ppl aren't reacting to any disturbance be it religious or ethnic then u know Igbo land hasn't been affected. Only a fool will pretend like it aint so.

Chinyen, do u support the idea of stripping non-natives rights to pursue political offices in Ngwa land?
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 4:33am On Oct 07, 2010
udezue:

Chinyen, do u support the idea of stripping non-natives rights to pursue political offices in Ngwa land?
Of course not. I believe wholeheartedly in the republican ideology, but let's be easy on tossing that word "rights" around.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by udezue(m): 4:34am On Oct 07, 2010
Now what ur issue with "rights"?
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ChinenyeN(m): 4:36am On Oct 07, 2010
Nothing really, except that, at times, it can prove to be a sloppy word that many seem to apply in inapplicable instances. That's beside the point though. My answer still stands that I believe wholeheartedly in the republican ideology to strip non-Ngwa of chances to pursue political offices within ala Ngwa.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by MetalGong4: 7:46am On Oct 07, 2010
@Chinenye

It is time for you to shut up and stop derailing every thread with all those Ngwa that, Ngwa this nonsense. . . . . I have cousins who are fron Ngwa and they dont talk rubbish like you. Infact, they enjoy spending their xmas holiday in Anambra state.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by beneli(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2010
@ Udezue,

Read my post again and then assess for yourself whether your response to it is appropriate.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by excanny: 8:25am On Oct 07, 2010
@ udezue.

I'm quite disappointed at you. You admit that EzeUche speaks when blood rushes to his brain, yet you are less guilty of the same. You need to approach this matter with an open mind. That way, you'll get your points across without stirring emotions. For your question, Ruff Coin is from Obingwa, born and breed in Aba, a full Nwa Aba.

@beneli and chinenyeN

I dont subscribe to this 'Onhu onhu' of a thing. Please desist from using such an word, it doesn't help to resolve the problems.

In all, I still feel that non-indigenes are supposed to respect their hosts, no matter the contributions of the non-indigenes to the community.
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by ifyalways(f): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2010
what is "onhu onhu"
@OP,whats ur problem with Onicha?Aside their referring to other Igbos as "nwa onye Igbo" i dont know of any other problem the Onichan's constitute. undecided
Re: Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos by asha80(m): 9:31am On Oct 07, 2010
ifyalways:

what is "onhu onhu"
@OP,whats your problem with Onicha?Aside their referring to other Igbos as "nwa onye Igbo" i dont know of any other problem the Onichan's constitute. undecided

I have heard they are not happy that land is no longer available for them in onicha.I may be wrong though.

Udezue to be honest you are begining to sound like Ezeuche.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Ọwọ́ Ọmọdé Ò Tó Pẹpẹ" - See The Real Meaning (graphic Photo) / Ncha-ude-Black Soap / I NEED Clarification About Ngwa Culture In Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.