Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? (52520 Views)

Is This Snake Venomous? / How Poisonous Is This? (photo) / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by MotorConnectz(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Canadanow:
Some of us just dey read comment to see if it's venomous or not and to see the name of the snake. Shey na lie? cool wink
lol u got me

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Kevinsamba: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2019
Your very correct it's a friendly neighborhood snake
UKordietrying:
More pictures please. Does it look like this? Probably a Grater snake.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by freemanbubble: 3:05pm On Jun 18, 2019
Kevinsamba:
Your very correct it's a friendly neighborhood snake

Garter
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by domchike(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

Been fumigating for years and I still have this snake once in a while in my compound
Go buy bitter kola spread it around

2 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Justbright(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2019
Oga get onnions and burn it in ur surounding...u wnt see dem again

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by hush15: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ighoga898:
It's venompoisonous..

BDW what do you stand to gain if you know it's poisonous or venomous

i jes weak... is there any difference between venomous n poisonous cos the op is very confused to me. you go no say na child wey no dey listen for class wen im dey young be this op

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by OsuMustGo: 3:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
manny4u:

It would help him make contingency plans incase their is a snake bite in his house.
contingency rubbish...
And you're calling a snake poisonous... you need to go back to primary school...
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by charlesELIKIBA: 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:
Please nairalanders i need information about this snake. The snake is very common in eti osa area of Lagos.

This is the second one that I have killed this year in my compound . There are undeveloped plot of land around my compound, I suspect that they come from there I need to know the specie, and if they are venomous and poisonous.

Thanks for anticipated assistance

possibly vernomous.

green
black
and brown are vernomous snake colors.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by tfash96(m): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
One of our nairalanders is right to know a venomous snake its head must be triangular and to detect non-venomous one its head must be circular(round) which means not all snakes are poisonous e.g python
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by oduademonest: 3:12pm On Jun 18, 2019
Garter snakes are harmless
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by ProT: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
@op
Why ask if it is POISONOUS?

Do u eat snakes?
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Justiceleague1: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2019
Nna all Lagos snakes are dangerous o

2 Likes

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by steveslid(m): 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Guy, just buy many bitter cola and trow it around you compound. It chase away snakes.

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by ejimatic: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:
Please nairalanders i need information about this snake. The snake is very common in eti osa area of Lagos.

This is the second one that I have killed this year in my compound . There are undeveloped plot of land around my compound, I suspect that they come from there I need to know the specie, and if they are venomous and poisonous.

. please contact the person that has the land to clear the weed.Snakes usually come out for sunshades after rainfall.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Ethannathan(m): 3:20pm On Jun 18, 2019
Garter or Ribbon snake - Garter snakes were long thought to be nonvenomous, but discoveries in the early 2000s revealed they do, in fact, produce a neurotoxic venom.[6] Despite this, garter snakes cannot kill humans with the small amounts of comparatively mild venom they produce, and they also lack an effective means of delivering it

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by ossyla(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
UKordietrying:
More pictures please. Does it look like this? Probably a Grater snake.

THIS IS ACTUALLY A POISONOUS SNAKE. CHECK IT'S BROAD HEAD
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by sureteeboy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
arantess:
This is a ribbon snake,
Good news it's non poisonous
They eat toads, frogs, salamanders so don't worry it's not coming for you
Yes Boss. This is accurate
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by LZAA: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:
Is like you are young, dumb and broke

That is called garter snake you moronn
Very harmless

To many electrons, protons, neutrons and morons in this universe

These are friendly garter snakes and different from cobra

The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend.
If you keep your cool, a human - garter snake cohabitation is very possible.

Even the cobra self they only bite to defend
Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

There is no way you can be bitten by a snake in a residential building
Which means they respect us
So lets learn how to respect them
Please lets learn to live and stay with this beautiful creature called snake

Simple question na im u para like this grin
Anyhoo this is africa so all that ur wildlife conservationtalk na wash hia
Heck the mod who pushed this to fp is an avid snake fan
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Lxgking(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

Shiiiiiiiii, dat thing is looooong.....be looking like nephron......Holy ghos fire jor
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by enny4real23(m): 3:36pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

Its a garter snake, its harmless, it has no fangs or venom, be at peace
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by missyblissy: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ikem11:

Brother I understand what u saying totally... Read what I wrote again then u will understand. All snakes got venoms but some venoms are very weak that even bucket of it in your system won't do u any harm.

U see that snake u said got no venoms allow It to bite you and u will notice sweat on you but it ends there to show u the venom isn't active

Oga abeg all snakes are poisonious or venomous to me. For eg echie te ka (tomorrow is too far) a snake in Nsukka, very short, black and jumps when step up on is very dangerous snake. Abeg op beware of all snakes abeg.

The 5years i spent in Nsukka i don't usually go out at night because it seen during rainy season. If i must go out, i must have my touch light to aviod stories that touch

1 Like

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by SmartyPants(m): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2019
Ikem11:

Backup with proof that some snakes gat no trace of venom

You think you are doing me?

If you like, avail yourself of www.Google.com. If you don't like, then don't.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by goodnewscliff(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:

Very harmless

The rate at which we kill them these days, their population will soon be threatened. Lets learn to live peacefully with these beautiful snakes. They don't bite to attack and to defend.

Because i dey reason am why he be say if snake come meet us for house them nor dey harm us. Sometimes self you fit live with snake for two years inside house them nor go do you anything

b4 u check and snap pictures to confirm if its venomous or not,, lagos black mamba has ripped ur balls angry angry angry..... mttcheeewww.....
yinmu
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Jayspecial24(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2019
Plant tobacco in ur compound,snake hate tobacco,so they will run from it.
I was once threaten by their presence but d tobacco plant really helped alot.
U can get tobacco seed from yoruba traditional medicine seller.Plant tobacco in ur compound,snake hate tobacco,so they will run from it.
U can get tobacco seed from yoruba traditional medicine seller.
Plant tobacco in ur compound,snake hate tobacco,so they will run from it.
U can get tobacco seed from yoruba traditional medicine seller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by topzeezo: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
I have 2 native method to avoid dangerous reptile like a snake
1 : always look for an animal bone nd wood burn it together adjacent to the suspected area of the reptiles
2 : look for for about 10 to 15 onions and divide each one with a knife nd spread it at the suspected position of the reptiles.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by goodnewscliff(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
morzook:
Check the teeth. Venomous snakes have fangs to inject their venoms
u go open hin mouth to check weda hin brush teeth abiiii? do that to king cobra nd u will have enough time to check in grave.... angry angry angry angry
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by dfrost: 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
Skyfornia:
Any snake is a snake...I can't come and die thinking some are not deadly.

My brother na so oOo. I can't near the thing even with a ten-foot pole. Snake? Yuk. Pukes!
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by Born2Breed(f): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2019
freemanbubble:

Very harmless

I'm maniacally bewildered by your stupidity.

I lost an aunty due to snake bite. Every snake is a threat to all humans.
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by goodnewscliff(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Dandsome:
Nairaland.com. A place where not to get advice and suggestions.

Op open the mouth and check if it has fangs. That's a sign of a poisonous snake.

Most poisonous snakes have broad heads
y re u people madt gan open d mouth of a live snake? or deaded snake u re right nairaland aint a place for advice
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by goodnewscliff(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Born2Breed:

I'm maniacally bewildered by your stupidity.

I lost an aunty due to snake bite. Every snake is a threat to all humans.
dem no know!!!!!!
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by emonkey(m): 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
Zammzammm:

Nearly every tropical snake is venomous. Don't take chances .
Re: Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? by dfrost: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2019
missyblissy:

Oga abeg all snakes are poisonious or venomous to me. For eg echie te ka (tomorrow is too far) a snake in Nsukka, very short, black and jumps when step up on is very dangerous snake. Abeg op beware of all snakes abeg.

The 5years i spent in Nsukka i don't usually go out at night because it seen during rainy season. If i must go out, i must have my touch light to aviod stories that touch

That's gobe da nisa in Hausa. It's a puff adder, I guess. That snake eeeeeehhhhh embarassed cry shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BIG Crocodile Caught Alive In Imo At Ota-mmiri River, Ihiagwa (Photos) / See The Long Python Killed By My Cousins This Morning / Top 10 Predictions Of Notradamus(d Man Dat Saw Tomorrow)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.