Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (8655 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

FIFA: 53% (32 votes)
Govt.: 46% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini For Eight Years / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
It's unfortunate that FIFA expect Nigeria to hurriedly submit their sovereignty in order to be part of their competitions. Bushit!!! FIFA, NFF, CAF, NATIONS CUP etc can go to hell. I hope Jonathan will not be stupid this time around. As a leader, I expect him to be consistent. He should be ready to stand by his decisions. By the way, it is wrong for Govt to fund NFF!!!!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Yorisb: 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2010
eneigele:

IBB at work again.

Pls educate me, where's the correlation? undecided

@OP

Happy Independence
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by asha2: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2010
snowdrops:

In that case since Nigerian government is hell bent on interfering with football and cannot abide by FIFA`s fundamental rule of non-interference from government, then Nigeria better set up their own parallel football system.

E be like say na emty space dey btw your ears biko.

shocked  grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by aktunde(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2010
Let FIFA go to hell. You can't control us. Has the Super Eagles ever made us happy or proud for once? This Ban is even good for us. It will save us from the heartbreaks often caused by the super cockroaches. We have the EPL, Spanish Laliga and other league matches to watch. Not those good for nothing super cockroaches.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mindurword(m): 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
FIFA OR NO FIFIA THERE IS  GOODNEWS FOR NIGERIA .
Nigeria’s Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo won the first Gold medal of Delhi 2010 in a record-breaking session atJawaharlal
Nehru Sports Complex on Monday. Nwaokolo, aged 17, set new Games records in the Snatch, Clean and Jerk and overall categories to win Gold in the 48 kg class with a lift of 175 kg, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by labiyemmy(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2010
I dont get it - why does FIFA allow NFF to be funded by government if government cant control them?

Isn't there a saying that he who pays the piper dictates the tune?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by slap1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
mindurword:

FIFA OR NO FIFIA THERE IS  GOODNEWS FOR NIGERIA .
Nigeria’s Augustina Nkem Nwaokolo won the first Gold medal of Delhi 2010 in a record-breaking session atJawaharlal
Nehru Sports Complex on Monday. Nwaokolo, aged 17, set new Games records in the Snatch, Clean and Jerk and overall categories to win Gold in the 48 kg class with a lift of 175 kg, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
AND BLESS YOU, TOO.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by slap1(m): 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2010
thank you fifa, at least the money voted for sports can now be used for more 'important' things.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Yorisb: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2010
slap1:

thank you fifa, at least the money voted for sports can now be used for more 'important' things.

For where?! Na2 day?! tongue

I get ur "important" sarcasm tho
wink
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by ziccoit: 9:34pm On Oct 04, 2010
 FIFA as an international football body is a failure as far as the glass-house issues are concern. Did it blind when over $200,000 developed legs and worked away from glass-house. Did it blind when allegations of corruptions after corruptions were rolling out of the people's lip. Now that somebody wanted to put record straight FIFA stood up to decieve Nigerians with failled rule of NON-INTERFERENCE.
 A child that doesn't stand up at 2 years of age and walk at 5 years of age can never be an independent walker. Don't forget the child is now 50 years of age. Let the FIFA go and sleep. It should stop watering the plant of corruption and indispline in Nigeria. Go FIFA go. Period!
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
Great news for the govt, they've wanted the fa dismantled and now this fifa ban, but this is tragic for nigeria image!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by temitoped: 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
na dere problem be that
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Emperoh(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
I am only sympathetic to local talents who's only means of being discovered is through these Afrucan/regional competitions. . . .else, FIFA can ban us for EON years!!

But as long as we keep running our government agencies like public properties,
we won't make any headway!!
Make these MDAs independent and ran like businesses and see how they will change overnight
I can't be funding a project and you ask me not to intervene on how its activities are being conducted.
That's their fucken business. . . . So because of FIFA, NFF officials shouldn't ober court orders?
They should then embezzle money abi? WHy not FIFA come and fund them and then convert NFF to its private property. . . . .TO hell with them!!!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
Lets just start Naija League 1 and give Cameroun & Benin Republic options to join. We can start our on league with out Fifa or CAF.

When Time is right Nigeria can join Fifa again  while Naija League 1 will not be associated with FIFA or CAF.

My opinion.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Ibime(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2010
Msake dem ban us sef.

The last NFF elections were a farce which only returned the same old looters whilst people like Okocha couldn even get 2 votes to rub together.

Its better the thieves in the glasshouse get no money from either FIFA or Government. They will soon come running back to Government begging for money.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2010
Lets just start Naija League 1 and give Cameroun & Benin Republic options to join. We can start our on league with out Fifa or CAF.

When Time is right Nigeria can join Fifa again  while Naija League 1 will not be associated with FIFA or CAF.

My opinion
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by galamadrid(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2010
fourth bomb blast in Nigeria. Abeg make we dey watch laliga, epl, champlg etc and wait till the stupid no future ambition pple get thier act in order. Yeye sport ministry imagine how can u start a season wit 24 teams!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by sessy2(f): 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
, And everybody is happy thereafter.Nigeria can nolonger put any boko haram on d field and call him a footballer.Qed
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by proudly9ja(m): 10:20pm On Oct 04, 2010
Kilode?!:

It's simple, if you can't follow their rule don't join their Federation.

Was that not what we wanted to do when we said we were going to withdraw for two years? And what did FIFA do? Threaten us with a further two year ban.

Amhatu:

My opinion

Im totally in support of this. Im sure Cameroun and Ghana will be willing to send teams even if not their top teams. Infact if anything, Im sure Mugabe will support us, lol

Eventually we might even be big enough to call FIFA's bluff!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2010
I think NFF should be privatised. Adenuga is on stand-by.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by xterra2(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
Yorisb:

Pls educate me, where's the correlation? undecided

@OP

Happy Independence

I would still take it and Thank Yoi   wink
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Amhatu(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
proudly9ja:

Was that not what we wanted to do when we said we were going to withdraw for two years? And what did FIFA do? Threaten us with a further two year ban.

Im totally in support of this. Im sure Cameroun and Ghana will be willing to send teams even if not their top teams. Infact if anything, Im sure Mugabe will support us, lol

Eventually we might even be big enough to call FIFA's bluff!

@proudly9ja , Well Said. i hope something to the likes is done because Nigeria also many surrounding countries have talent yet to be noticed.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
Ibime:

Msake dem ban us sef.

The last NFF elections were a farce which only returned the same old looters whilst people like Okocha couldn even get 2 votes to rub together.

Its better the thieves in the glasshouse get no money from either FIFA or Government. They will soon come running back to Government begging for money.

This na the only reasonable post thus far. Why are people so afraid of the simple truth. Instead many on here talk like SPOILED CHILDREN who haven't brushed their teeth in days.

Why are some of una blaming FIFA? Was it not Nigeria that the Commonwealth banned during the former military fiascos of Abacha and co, along with sanctions from the International world? Even CAF banned Naija for botching one ANC.

Instead of looking at the obvious, which is that we have a screwed government and a non-performing NFF, including nonchalant players that has accumulated to a rather disgraceful soccer era, we are looking for a shortcut.

"The hell with FIFA"

"FIFA can't control us"

" How can we fund NFA abi NFF and no gov't control"

Ghana, Uruguay, Slovenia, and even South Korea, countries that shouldnt stand where Naija stands, are replacing us in so many areas. Let's grow up and stop acting like COWARDS and CHILDREN.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by wesley80(m): 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^ its not impossible. That sepp blatter eye no done.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by madprof(m): 10:38pm On Oct 04, 2010
edunamic:

FOR SALE.CANADIAN HAWAAI UNIVERSAL 3.5G MORDEN WITH AMAZING SPEED OF 7.2mbp,AT A VERY CHEAP RATE.MAKE MORE THAN #100K MONTHLY SELLING IT TO PEOPLE.ship TO YOUR DOOR STEP IN ANYWHERE YOU LIVE IN NIGERIA.Distributors needed nationwide.OVER 1000000 PIECES ARE AVAILABLE IN OUR STORE. VISA AVAILABLE ARE QATAR 5YEARS RESIDENT PERMIT,RUSSIA VISA,UKRAINE,CUBA VISA,PARAGUAY,MALAYSIA,DUBLIN,CHINA VISA.REGISTER&RUNS YOUR TOEFL,SAT,GRE,GMAT,A'LEVEL.CONTACT,IYKMAN.08034769772,08036681049.aquila_aphex@yahoo.com

Yeye like you! You just open dis Nairaland account to dey use peddle your knock-off hardware & crooked-ass 419 visa schemes. Come take visa to Afghanistan for free. Ewu iberibe! tongue
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
madprof:

Yeye like you! You just open dis Nairaland account to dey use peddle your knock-off hardware & crooked-backside 419 visa schemes. Come take visa to Afghanistan for free. Ewu iberibe! tongue
grin
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by madprof(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
Let's create our own parallel FIFA and push Blatter and his gang out of business. FIFA doesn't have the influence of the UN and people still dey disobey UN & nottin' dey happen. FIFA is giving themselves too much relevance. Who polices FIFA, by the way? That is not to excuse the lapses in our sports administration.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by ezeagu(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
madprof:

Let's create our own parallel FIFA and push Blatter and his gang out of business. FIFA doesn't have the influence of the UN and people still dey disobey UN & nottin' dey happen. FIFA is giving themselves too much relevance. Who polices FIFA, by the way? That is not to excuse the lapses in our sports administration.

If you don't like their organisation, then why are you abusing them when they kicked you out? The sense on this thread is marvellous, imagine people being corrupt as they want and they're surprised when an organisation doesn't want to see the sight of them associated with their name.

Nigerian mentality is the worst.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Chidoxyl(m): 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2010
Truth be told: Tis so sad dat dis latest development has befallen Nigerian football. More worrisome is d fact dat our so-called football administrators are d architect of dis misfortune. U wdn't believe dat these men are happy with d ban dat has been imposed on us. They knew fifa's axe will fall on us, yet they could not do wat was right 2 avert d situation. Where has patriotism gone to?

When I talk of people or individuals failing us as a nation, I talk about people like Amos Adamu, Maigari, etal (I believe U know the rest of them).

"During the period of suspension, the NFF will not be able to be represented in any regional, continental or international competitions, including at club level, and also not in friendly matches. In addition, neither the NFF nor any of its members or officials can benefit from any development programme, course, or training from FIFA or CAF while the federation remains suspended."

D quote above was got from fifa's site. And speaking on it, I want 2 draw d attention of Amos Adamu dat 4 so long as Nigeria remain banned by fifa, I think he being a Nigerian seizes 2 be a board member of both CAF & Fifa. If fifa don't uphold dis position, then I will not but say 2 hell with fifa.

And 4 Maigari, I wondered y he choose 2 run 4 an election he never had d mind of running 4, even when he knew he was not competent 4 d job. D honorable thing to have done by him was conduct a free & fair election, & write his name in gold. Again, he had no reason to have brought himself into d election.

Sanni Lulu & company should have resigned honorably when it became obvious even to them dat they have individually & collectively failed us.

In our selfishness, many a Nigerian have choosing 2 go with ill-gotten wealth @ d expense of a good name. God forgive us!

My take is that if fifa's ban will help us put our house in order & flush bad leadership and corrupt administrators, then I'll be 1000% happy. Also, since I've been made to know dat watsoever a man sows, he will reap, then I suggest that Amos Adamu, Sanni Lulu, Ogunjobi, Amanze Uchegbulam, Ojo-Oba, Maigari, & d host of them (dat have contributed in bringing my dear nation) be thrown into jail for as long as d fifa ban remain. dis will serve dem right & teach us all dat no one is bigger than d laws of a nation. Now, their intention will be to try 2 push buttons for their freedom by knocking on d doors of corrupt mind like them who are highly placed than them in d society. But the God of Nigeria, who have heard our cry will thwart them!

If we must sanitize Nigeria like we all cry 4, then we should be able 2 take d bull by d horn & begin 2day. Beginning with dis unfortunate but deserving ones will be a fitting semetry.

All these are signs of d end time! Be prepared cos Jesus is coming very, very, very soon. Pls, just be prepared.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by zapaa: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
and to those saying the Gov funds, bla blah balh

Gov can fund but not call the shots,

do you see Cancer Fund Dona-tors calling the shots on which Cancer victims not to recieve the money?

Stupidity,
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by mensdept: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2010
Chidoxyl:

Truth be told: Tis so sad dat dis latest development has befallen Nigerian football. More worrisome is d fact dat our so-called football administrators are d architect of dis misfortune. U wdn't believe dat these men are happy with d ban dat has been imposed on us. They knew fifa's axe will fall on us, yet they could not do wat was right 2 avert d situation. Where has patriotism gone to?

When I talk of people or individuals failing us as a nation, I talk about people like Amos Adamu, Maigari, etal (I believe U know the rest of them).

"During the period of suspension, the NFF will not be able to be represented in any regional, continental or international competitions, including at club level, and also not in friendly matches. In addition, neither the NFF nor any of its members or officials can benefit from any development programme, course, or training from FIFA or CAF while the federation remains suspended."

D quote above was got from fifa's site. And speaking on it, I want 2 draw d attention of Amos Adamu dat 4 so long as Nigeria remain banned by fifa, I think he being a Nigerian seizes 2 be a board member of both CAF & Fifa. If fifa don't uphold dis position, then I will not but say 2 hell with fifa.

And 4 Maigari, I wondered y he choose 2 run 4 an election he never had d mind of running 4, even when he knew he was not competent 4 d job. D honorable thing to have done by him was conduct a free & fair election, & write his name in gold. Again, he had no reason to have brought himself into d election.

Sanni Lulu & company should have resigned honorably when it became obvious even to them dat they have individually & collectively failed us.

In our selfishness, many a Nigerian have choosing 2 go with ill-gotten wealth @ d expense of a good name. God forgive us!

My take is that if fifa's ban will help us put our house in order & flush bad leadership and corrupt administrators, then I'll be 1000% happy. Also, since I've been made to know dat watsoever a man sows, he will reap, then I suggest that Amos Adamu, Sanni Lulu, Ogunjobi, Amanze Uchegbulam, Ojo-Oba, Maigari, & d host of them (dat have contributed in bringing my dear nation) be thrown into jail for as long as d fifa ban remain. dis will serve dem right & teach us all dat no one is bigger than d laws of a nation. Now, their intention will be to try 2 push buttons for their freedom by knocking on d doors of corrupt mind like them who are highly placed than them in d society. But the God of Nigeria, who have heard our cry will thwart them!

If we must sanitize Nigeria like we all cry 4, then we should be able 2 take d bull by d horn & begin 2day. Beginning with dis unfortunate but deserving ones will be a fitting semetry.

All these are signs of d end time! Be prepared cos Jesus is coming very, very, very soon. Pls, just be prepared.

Fantastic

zapaa:

To Many Idiots here

make me ashamed to be a Nigerian

we Nigerians claim we play football and don`t even know FIFA rules?

according to FIFA rules Gov. must not interfere

but hey, take a lOok at Nigerians dissing FIFA for implementing their own rules

Stupidity Reins in the Blood of most people,

Abi o !!!!

Thanks Grownups
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by zapaa: 11:27pm On Oct 04, 2010
Thing is am just 16 and i know this

but to see some Grown men not even knowing the rules of FIFA makes me feel 80

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Read Complete Sport Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel / Week 15 Uk Football Pool Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.