Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference (8654 Views)

Poll: Who is to blame?

FIFA: 53% (32 votes)
Govt.: 46% (28 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini For Eight Years / FIFA Bans Blatter, Platini / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by folem: 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2010
nearest:

I don't get why people feel govt should not interfere with the running of football in Nigeria, FIFA has its rules and in Nigeria the constitution is supreme.

I hear you. All the other 200 odd member countries of FIFA don't have constitution.

Nigerians have problems obeying laid down rules and regulations.

Nigerian Rugby is under World ban.

Nigerian Football is under World ban.

Nigerian Special Sports is under World ban.

Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2010
folem:

I hear you. All the other 200 odd member countries of FIFA don't have constitution.

Nigerians have problems obeying laid down rules and regulations.

where does your loyalty lie? it is first to the nigeria constitution, are you implying that because of FIFA ban we should allow corrupt officials to stay in office?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by folem: 6:33pm On Oct 06, 2010
nearest:

where does your loyalty lie? it is first to the nigeria constitution, are you implying that because of FIFA ban we should allow corrupt officials to stay in office?

Can you mention one convicted corrupt official (or indicted) in the newly elected NFF Executive Board?

If you cant then go and get your facts right.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
folem:

Can you mention one convicted corrupt official (or indicted) in the newly elected NFF Executive Board?

If you cant then go and get your facts right.
You are the one who should read posts well before replying, show me where i said someone was convicted on the new board? bros read posts well before replying i beg you.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by semid4lyfe(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2010
honeric01:

NOW, LETS CONCENTRATE ON THE LOCAL LEAGUE, BUT THEN I STILL WANT BIO FIRED, PATRICK EKEJI SACKED AND ALSO ALL THE POT BELLIES LEFT,

enough of all the disgrace they have brought to this country. angry

Bio, the fact that you went ahead to call back all the 4 relegated teams, you should be sacked with immediate effect

THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SPONSOR OF THE LOCAL LEAGUE, THEIR MONEY IS NOT IN THE LEAGUE, THE LEAGUE IS A PRIVATE ENTITY, SO WHAT RIGHT HAS BIO GOT TO DICTATE WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LEAGUE? undecided angry

just like the DSTV basket ball league, the sport ministry does not have any right in that league because it's a privately run league, financed and manage by DSTV alone. kiss

HOW MUCH HAS THE GOVERNMENT PUT IN THE LOCAL LEAGUE? THE LOCAL LEAGUE ALWAYS FUNDS ITSELF THROUGH SPONSORS AND ALL THAT, WHO GAVE BIO THE RIGHT TO INTERFERE IN A PRIVATELY RUN LEAGUE? so i am happy that at least FIFA used this as one of the reasons to ban NIGERIA. embarassed

IF UNA LIKE, DO THE RIGHT THING, IF UNA NO LIKE, MAKE UNA CONTINUE DEY PLAY INSIDE UNA URINE. angry

SENSELESS BUNCH OF PEOPLE angry
GBAM! GBAM! GBAM!!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by folem: 9:52am On Oct 07, 2010
nearest:

are you implying that because of FIFA ban we should allow corrupt officials to stay in office?

nearest:

You are the one who should read posts well before replying, show me where i said someone was convicted on the new board? bros read posts well before replying i beg you.

shocked
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 1:52pm On Oct 07, 2010
folem:

shocked
Happy you didn't find where i said someone was convicted on the 'new board'
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Igwe9(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2010
FIFA is to blame for allowing NFF to perpetrate evil under their cover, what has fifa done to address the corruption cases been alleged to be going on in the NFF .
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by folem: 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
nearest:

Happy you didn't find where i said someone was convicted on the 'new board'

Really! grin grin

Who are those corrupt officials you don't want to stay in office?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by ogmyth: 12:33am On Oct 08, 2010
rasputinn:

Which government interference,was it the government that took those reprobates to court?in any case this is the best news that I've heard concerning the running of Nigeria's football in over a decade
Abeg Let Govt stop interfering with football, for your information Court is Govt, are we the only one that have problem, france had their own problem they found a way to settle it. If anybody has a case against NFF, let them go to Court of Arbitration. I can't understand why every other country will obey and we will not.
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Ugeh: 1:23am On Oct 08, 2010
ogmyth:

Abeg Let Govt stop interfering with football, for your information Court is Govt, are we the only one that have problem, france had their own problem they found a way to settle it[size=8pt]. If anybody has a case against NFF, let them go to Court of Arbitration. I can't understand why every other country will obey and we will not.
That is where we blame FIFA for double standards. Thiery Henry was invited to the Presidential Palace(thro the back gate) for explanation to President Sarkozy, and a parliamentary committee was set up to review the French team's world cup disaster. Sarkozy andthe French Parliamentarians are definitely NOT members of FFF nor FIFA. France was not banned. North Korean team was punished by their government and FIFA claimed they were going to investigate ( they- FIFA were advised to keep clear cos even the IAEA- Nuclear watchdog can't enter N. Korea) and they hastily beat a retreat claiming that no such thing happened hence, no ban. Now, unless any Nigerian out there can convince us that our W/C outing was Superlative both on and off the pitch, or the Financial dealings within the glass house is second to none,or appointment of coaches done transparently, or our local league is run the way it should, then we will end this discussion. Else we should look at the silver lining in this dark cloud use the period of ban organise our house fashion ways of funding for the FA( outside government) then inform FIFA that we are ready to play by their rules. ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL. It is better we don't participate and keep our integrity than put up the shambolic performance we did in SA
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by oisehumen(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2010
So, what is the position now; is the match against Guinea still holding?
I have been reading conflicting reports, don't know which to believe and CAF website is silent about it
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by Jencejyde(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2010
Ugeh:

That is where we blame FIFA for double standards. Thiery Henry was invited to the Presidential Palace(thro the back gate) for explanation to President Sarkozy, and a parliamentary committee was set up to review the French team's world cup disaster. Sarkozy andthe French Parliamentarians are definitely NOT members of FFF nor FIFA. France was not banned. North Korean team was punished by their government and FIFA claimed they were going to investigate ( they- FIFA were advised to keep clear cos even the IAEA- Nuclear watchdog can't enter N. Korea) and they hastily beat a retreat claiming that no such thing happened hence, no ban. Now, unless any Nigerian out there can convince us that our W/C outing was Superlative both on and off the pitch, or the Financial dealings within the glass house is second to none,or appointment of coaches done transparently, or our local league is run the way it should, then we will end this discussion. Else we should look at the silver lining in this dark cloud use the period of ban organise our house fashion ways of funding for the FA( outside government) then inform FIFA that we are ready to play by their rules. ANYTHING WORTH DOING IS WORTH DOING WELL. It is better we don't participate and keep our integrity than put up the shambolic performance we did in SA
Good talk!
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by 12large1: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2010
bros ur talking nonsense Fifa clearly warned the france president himself not to interfere, what sports nigeria from opening a sport court in naija
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by txxxed(m): 10:07am On Oct 09, 2010
Now that the ban has been lifted, i just hope that the sports ministry will realize that though Government sponsors football in the country, it is not enough to warrant the level of interference in our game to the detriment of the very game. How can the sports ministry have directed that there should be no promotion nor relegation in the league. it means that there is no need for us to run a league.
I wish the Super Eagles a good outing in Conakry.
Share your views on my blog at www.gamegist.com
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by nearest(m): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2010
folem:

Really! grin grin

Who are those corrupt officials you don't want to stay in office?
who are those charged to court on embezzlement of funds?
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by rasputinn(m): 8:57am On Oct 13, 2010
[size=18pt]Talking about the so-called ban,I think it's just the voice of FIFA,but hand of Amos

Amos Adamu[/size]
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by rasputinn(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2010
I'm actually waiting for the next ban
Re: FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference by folem: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2010
txxxed:

Now that the ban has been lifted, i just hope that the sports ministry will realize that though Government sponsors football in the country, it is not enough to warrant the level of interference in our game to the detriment of the very game. How can the sports ministry have directed that there should be no promotion nor relegation in the league. it means that there is no need for us to run a league.
I wish the Super Eagles a good outing in Conakry.
Share your views on my blog at www.gamegist.com

The U.S have no relegation. Also Canada and Australia.

In 1995 there was no relegation in Nigerian Top League.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Read Complete Sport Newspaper For Free...updated Daily / I Won’t Pay Fine - John Obi Mikel / Week 15 Uk Football Pool Fixtures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.